Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,249 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? (21661 Views)

I Am Too Sexually Active And Don't Come On Time, Is This Normal? Pls Advise / Experiencing Wet Dream Everyday; Is This Normal? / Coronavirus: Wuhan Reopens After 2-Month Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by alezzandra: 11:40pm On Nov 29, 2018
Pls do not insert anything into the baby's rectum. 14days to 30 is perfectly normal for exclusive breastfed babies.

This is cos the baby is taking only fluid and there isn't enough solid matter to gather as fecal matter. It also means that baby's body is absorbing all the nutrients from breast milk so there is little or no waste to pass out.

As long as baby farts and pee normally.

You yourself can take lots of oranges if you are worried.
On a lighter note, enjoy this moment cos it saves in diapers and wiped.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 29, 2018
felixmuyiwa:
Dear Nlder good mother,

My two months baby did not poop for three days and she is breast feeding normally.

is it normal or nor. You can also share your experience here to learn from it

NB. this is my first child.

Thanks

Ur a bit mad.

Better go n talk to a doctor
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by austink1(m): 12:09am On Nov 30, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
felixmuyiwa:
Dear Nlder good mother,

My two months baby did not poop for three days and she is breast feeding normally.

Thanks

Totally normal. My baby was 3 months and didn't poo for about a week. Took her to the hospital and the doctor said it's normal... AS LONG AS THE BABY DOESN'T FEEL ANY DISCOMFORT. reasons being they feed on fluid more at that age.

From time to time, touch different parts of your baby's stomach and observe the child's reaction..You'll know if she feels pain or not.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by dasean1(m): 12:18am On Nov 30, 2018
Give the baby beans to eat. Thank me later.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Casemiro(m): 1:41am On Nov 30, 2018
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by biggy26: 1:58am On Nov 30, 2018
felixmuyiwa:
Dear Nlder good mother,

Thanks
Very normal. As she's growing, her body is absorbing more what she eats. Forget all these ignorant nairaland babies.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by monique350: 2:41am On Nov 30, 2018
My dear,for babies that are exclusively breastfed,they can stay 1-2 weeks without pooing but if ur baby looks distressed,u can as well visit the hospital.if not,continue breastfeeding,he/she will soon poo.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by blesssingtime(m): 3:22am On Nov 30, 2018
Nothing much to worry about, take him/her to the doctors if the baby is uncomfortable
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by spenca: 6:49am On Nov 30, 2018
felixmuyiwa:
Dear Nlder good mother,

Thanks

Please go to a doctor immediately , a friend left it too late and then it was too late
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by Thehilah4jesus: 10:21am On Nov 30, 2018
its normal if you are on exclusive breastfeeding.they use it to gain weight.where you should be worried is if your baby is on formula and no pooping for that long.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by eunylondon(f): 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
It's normal if ur baby is on exclusive breastfeeding. My baby only poo once in a week when I was breastfeeding her exclusively. Then after 6months, she started to poo everyday when I introduced other foods to her. But if ur baby is not on exclusive breastfeeding, give her fruits like orange, watermelon and enough water and thank me later.
Re: My 2-Month-Baby Did Not Poop For Three Days, Is This Normal? by galantjoe(m): 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Take him or her to hospital immediately
No delay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Loses Hands And Legs To Illegal Butt Injection / Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / ‘boy, 3, Who Drank Acid, Abandoned In LUTH’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.