Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,839 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ (24312 Views)

Looters’ List: Court Orders Lai Mohammed, FG To Pay Secondus ₦20 Million / Army Declares 101 Soldiers Wanted, Freezes Bank Accounts - Peoples Gazette / 'EFCC Freezes Bank Accounts Of Adeleke Family, Davido, Father'- ChangeTheChange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by HazardAwka(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
Denikayan:
God bless His Excellence, President Muhammadu Buhari. (GCFR)
Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by lucarella: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
How stupid can this government be? On the other hand, they are all working together. You release a list light years ago and you are just freezing accounts now? I bet anyone of them on the list has up to 500,000 naira left in those accounts. Liquid cash everywhere and in different accounts.

Nigeria is a joke! Campaign strategy. We will still NOT vote for you bandits.

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by Alejob: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
Can this be a political move to weaken opposition? If so I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones and LED TV is concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by somehow: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
How can FG freeze account? do you mean the judiciary? to freeze an account, it has to come from the court of law! EFCC or whatever ministry can only "freeze" an account after getting judgement from the court to do so.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by semyman: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2018
There will be constraints and severe reductions in the media presence by looters reps, even stupid comments from beneficiaries on the looters list will be moderate now

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by sonnie10: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2018
No APC member on the list? Even Oga bullion van of dollars.

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by AceRoyal: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2018
When APC leaves power, karma will be so very sweet, swift and brutal.
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by BruncleZuma: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by Roger3D(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2018
dukie25:
When are they going to freeze the account of Gandollar?
They did it against Fayose when he was the sitting governor of Ekiti.
You have an excellent point there. Ganduje needs to be swiftly investigated and his accounts frozen by the EFCC just like they did that of the loud mouthed Fayose. I guess the EFCC are scared of the consequences of going after one of the president's most prominent ally

2 Likes

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by RobsonsTARz: 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2018
Gandollar nko? Jibril with all these him nonsense go end 2019

2 Likes

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by jaxxy(m): 4:18pm On Nov 29, 2018
U can’t freeze people’s accounts with out taking them to court to defend them selves. This is abuse power and political persecution at its best.

I believe looters should be prosecuted bt the law should be followed.

3 Likes

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by somehow: 4:19pm On Nov 29, 2018
LIAR, no account of Fayose was frozen while he was in government except on accounts that is linked to fraud cases he had on ground before becoming a governor in 2014. If i lied, show me the case that made them freeze his account and lets see if he was governor when the case started!

Ganduje will get his own treatment as soon as his tenure is over or if Kano HOA impeach him before then.
dukie25:

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by Gandollar(f): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2018
somehow:
LIAR, no account of Fayose was frozen while he was in government except on accounts that is linked to fraud cases he had on ground before becoming a governor in 2014. If i lied, show me the case that made them freeze his account and lets see if he was governor when the case started!

Ganduje will get his own treatment as soon as his tenure is over or if Kano HOA impeach him before then.
See this guy/gal o! shocked shocked
Zambians have invaded NL

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by nasinebifegha(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2018
shocked

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by Diso60090(m): 4:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
Why buhari and Boko haram name nor dey among? This is really Nigerian

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by Gandollar(f): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2018
Stalwert:
grin grin grin the fight against corruption will be fierce
And who's leading the fight? Don't tell me it's buhari.

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by theoldpretender(m): 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
Roger3D:
You have an excellent point there. Ganduje needs to be swiftly investigated and his accounts frozen by the EFCC just like they did that of the loud mouthed Fayose. I guess the EFCC are scared of the consequences of going after one of the president's most prominent ally

The thing is EFCC can't go against Gandollars until he either resigns or is removed from office thanks to immunity.

And even if he is removed, he can smartly head to court and get a perpetual injunction like former governor of Rivers state odili.

The few times efcc went against sitting governors, it blew up in their faces, or it led to farcical removals of governors. Even Fayose, the courts reversed the freezing of the accounts.

The sad thing is that Gandollars is untouchable for now. The State house of assembly is hamstrung by a court order from investigating and removing him.

God knows that immunity for elected officials would have been removed since 2006.Unfortunately it came as part of a package of bills which included third term for Obasanjo, which led to the whole thing being rejected by the then National Assembly

3 Likes

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by kolaaderin: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2018
OgeFather:
cry APC is ready to play dirty at any level Just to get re-elected

God will not forgive anybody who will vote for APC again

I once did but I'm sorry
you have never voted for APC stop the lies

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by slimfit1(m): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2018
Smart move they can't use it to conduct election.

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by kolaaderin: 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2018
michoim:

But the court reversed it and EFCC has since learn there lessons; so it cannot apply anymore to a sitting governor. ..
God bless you jare. They keep crying Gandollar as if they don't know he is still a sitting governor

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by holaralph(m): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2018
N0favors:
Wow! APC doing everything to frustrate PDP before election
. Please what is your evidence or does this affect your people while it trickles down to you Sir

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2018
Looters that haven't been proven guilty

Anyway, it is a way to stifle opposition.

2 Likes

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by Enice(m): 4:31pm On Nov 29, 2018
dukie25:
do you have proof that ganduge stole money? all you saw was him collecting money from someone. where that money came from, how much and what it was meant for you don't know. even at that, he has immunity until he ceases to be a governor.
Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by nwamabo247(m): 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2018
HI nairalanders sorry for disturbing you,please i need your help. For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support but right now things are very very difficut for me.expecially feeding an title medications.please i need ur finnacial help and prayer. no matter how small it will make differance thank and GOD BLESS YOU)
Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by kitaatita: 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2018
somehow:
How can FG freeze account? do you mean the judiciary? to freeze an account, it has to come from the court of law! EFCC or whatever ministry can only "freeze" an account after getting judgement from the court to do so.

The order is from the court. Don't mind children of corruption. You are facing trial for stealing money and you want to be allowed to continue spending the stolen money found on you

2 Likes

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by fasterwell(m): 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2018
dukie25:

Gand-dollar is under immunity as a governor. So, u don't have to blame efcc rather u can channel ur blame on the constitution

1 Like

Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by Buterflyle0: 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2018
Mynd44:
*Cries in campaign funds*

grin this table you are shaking
Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by contigiency(m): 4:38pm On Nov 29, 2018
dukie25:

And the account was unfrozen at the order of court because the man was under immunity. so Why should they repeat it again? to please you and your like?
Re: FG Freezes Bank Accounts Of Suspects On ‘looters List’ by BabaAduras: 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2018
OgeFather:
cry APC is ready to play dirty at any level Just to get re-elected

God will not forgive anybody who will vote for APC again

I once did but I'm sorry

You have been totally blinded by Party Politics and you are not thinking straight again.

What has APC got to do with this? Are you aware that some members of APC are also on the Looters List? To any logical reasoning person, it should be understandable that 90% of the people on the list are PDP members - they looted the country to a state of economic comatose at the end of their 16 year reign.

If you are in any way suggesting that the PMB government that made "fighting corruption" as one cardinal goals should allow the Looters to freely spend the loots to influence elections against it, then you need to have your head examined to confirm your brain has not vapourised.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Hail Seyi Makinde For Slashing Oyo’s 2019 Budget By N103bn / Military Kills Five Red Scorpion Members In Imo / FG Gives States Autonomy To Produce Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.