Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) (2682 Views)

TB Joshua Died The Day He Asked For Bank Account To Pay N200m Ransom – Teacher / Dubai Yahoo Boy Who Wants To Marry A Prostitute Meets TB Joshua (Video) / Truly Inspiring Story Of Homeless Man Who Returned Missing 220k To Owner-Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2018
When philanthropist Kenneth Behring passed through the San Francisco Bay Area In the 1990’s, he suddenly noticed that his wallet had gone missing. His assistant said anxiously,

“Maybe you lost your wallet during your morning walk through the slums in Berkeley. What can we do now?”

Behring reluctantly said:

“We can only wait for the person who picked up my wallet to contact us”

Two hours later Behring’s assistant told Behring disappointedly:

“Well, let’s not waste our time waiting for someone living in the slums to return your wallet. We should not have hoped for much from these people at all.”

Behring said calmly:

“No, I still want to wait and see”The assistant was puzzled: “

The person who picked up your wallet could have contacted us easily as there are business cards in your wallet. It only takes a few minutes to make a call. We have been waiting the whole afternoon. Seems like the person who picked up the wallet had no intention of returning it to you.

Behring insisted that he would continue to wait. Day turned to night and suddenly, the phone rang. The person who called was the person who picked up Behring’s wallet. He wants Behring to pick up his wallet at Kata Street.

Behring’s assistant muttered:

“Could this bea trap? Maybe they want to threaten or blackmail us?”

Behring ignored his assistant and quickly drove to Kata Street. When they arrived, a boy in tunic walked towards them and in his little hands was Behring’s lost wallet. Quickly Behring’s assistant snatched the wallet and counted the money inside. He was surprised that not a single note was missing.

“Sir, could I request for a little money?” The boy said sheepishly.

After hearing those words, Behring’s assistant laughed:

“See, I knew it…”

Before he could finish his sentence, Behring interrupted his assistant smiled asked:

“How much do you want?”

“Only a dollar.” The boy replied sheepishly. “I have been looking for a public phone for along time and when I finally found one, I did not have any money on me so I had to borrow a dollar from the shop owner to make this call. Now I need that dollar to return the money to him.”

After hearing the boy’s explanation, Behring’s assistant was ashamed of himself.

Behring was so touched that he gave the boy a hug Immediately Behring changed his existing charity plan. Behring invested his money in several schools in Berkeley and these school’s purpose was to educate children living in the slums.During the opening ceremony,

Behring said:

“We must not assume that every person out there is greedy or selfish. We need to make room and give every person an opportunity to prove that they have pure and kind hearts. People with these kind souls are worth investing in”

http://en.goodtimes.my/2018/02/22/poor-child-returned-wallet-owner-asked-dollar-return-laughed-ashamed-found/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 30, 2018
Inspiring story indeed!
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
Credit to the rich man. It seems it was the Spirit of God that made him to keep the faith and not lose hope in spite of having someone did all he could to frustrate his resolve.
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 01, 2018
Even in the least expected of places, there could lie the best of mankind, e.g Nazareth.

1 Like

Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 02, 2018
This is marvelous indeed!
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by TruthinAction: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2018
People like this are one in a million especially in a country like Nigeria.
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by EtherealAnn(f): 5:57pm On Dec 17, 2018
jesusjnr:
This is marvelous indeed!
nice not like the lady who did me strong thing last week and she's a chorister in church oh
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2018
EtherealAnn:
nice not like the lady who did me strong thing last week and she's a chorister in church oh
Chei ya! What really happened?
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by EtherealAnn(f): 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
jesusjnr:
Chei ya! What really happened?
she might be on NL so ima quote it.
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
EtherealAnn:
she might be on NL so ima quote it.
But that's quite different now, i thought she saw your money or something valuable you dropped somewhere, and then she took it and refused to give it back to you, but you later found out she was the one.

Com'on, I know you are not happy that she was not understanding, but since you had already paid her for the training as you said, it was now her own money, so it was up to her to decide if she was going to give you from it or not.

That said though I think that she ought to have sympathized with you, and helped you out, and that's if she had not already used it up or budgeted it for something else.

Sorry though that you had to go through that stress, and i pray God provides the money you need to repay your debt.
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by EtherealAnn(f): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
jesusjnr:
But that's quite different now, i thought she saw your money or something valuable you dropped somewhere, and then she took it and refused to give it back to you, but you later found out she was the one.

Com'on, I know you are not happy that she was not understanding, but since you had already paid her for the training as you said, it was now her own money, so it was up to her to decide if she was going to give you from it or not.

That said though I think that she ought to have sympathized with you, and helped you out, and that's if she had not already used it up or budgeted it for something else.

Sorry though that you had to go through that stress, and i pray God provides the money you need to repay your debt.
she's rich so refunding couldn't have been a prob for her hurts nonetheless
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
EtherealAnn:
she's rich so refunding couldn't have been a prob for her hurts nonetheless
Ok so it's been established that she was in a position to have helped you, therefore it's clear that she was stingy.

However that's her, so don't let her own actions weigh you down, so try and move on from it as soon as possible. That's why I want you to be able to pay up you debt soon as possible, for that would also help.
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by EtherealAnn(f): 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2018
jesusjnr:
Ok so it's been established that she was in a position to have helped you, therefore it's clear that she was stingy.

However that's her, so don't let her own actions weigh you down, so try and move on from it as soon as possible. That's why I want you to be able to pay up you debt soon as possible, for that would also help.
yes pray I am... thank you
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 18, 2018
EtherealAnn:
yes pray I am... thank you
God bless you sis.

1 Like

Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 18, 2018
Can any good come out of the slums?
Re: Poor Boy Who Returned Missing Wallet Of Rich Man But Asked For A Dollar...(Pics) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
Answer to the previous question is a big yes!

(1) (Reply)

Trump Defeat A Proof Christian God Is Fake? / Whats Ur Opinion About White Garment Churches? / How Was Church Service Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.