Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven (3188 Views)

God Cannot Be Proven! You Can Only Experience Him! This Is My Experience / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Atheism By Definition Is Problematic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Originakalokalo(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2018
frank317:

Your post did not say what I stand to gain by believing in these things or what I stand to lose for not believing.

If God is the father if all spirits then he is equally as useless the spirits because u cannot tell me what I stand to lose if I don't believe in them.

Peace.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by JeromeBlack: 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I think his analogy was good as far as it went. I am not sure what you mean here:

"He is claiming conjectures to be facts".

Thanks for being honest. Much respect! smiley
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 3:47am On Dec 02, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
I think his analogy was good as far as it went.
I am not sure what you mean here:

"He is claiming conjectures to be facts".
"... Your wife claims that there is a field of yam behind the fence.
My wife claims that there is a field of swamp rice behind the fence.
You then claim that there is a football field behind the fence.
There will only be 3 facts from this scenario...
"
- by JeromeBlack: 2:53pm

Fact, is a thing that is known or proved to be true
How can he say, there are 3 facts, when in actual fact they are 3 opinions and outright pretences

JeromeBlack, even if you, as a tree falls down with disbelief, it wouldn't affect the entire forest.
You've climbed and still are climbing the wrong mountain
Why throw spagetti at the wall, when you can just eat it
and not have a huge mess of a wall to later contend with.

Faith is the most valuable currency there is.
Without faith, it is impossible to please God,
for it behooves the one drawing near to God to believe that He exists
and that He becomes a rewarder to those earnestly seeking Him out.
so if God is to allow proof, more than, in the Manufacturer bible manual cataloguing His products, that God exists, then it robs people of faith.

Thomas Aquinas' posit, that, to one who has faith, no explanation is necessary.
To one without faith, no explanation is possible, describes you to a tee.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by JeromeBlack: 5:03am On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"

How can he say, there are 3 facts, when in actual fact they are 3 opinions and outright pretences

JeromeBlack, even if you, as a tree falls down with disbelief, it wouldn't affect the entire forest.

so if God is to allow proof, more than, in the Manufacturer bible manual cataloguing His products, that God exists, then it robs people of faith.

Bro, what the heck are you saying?

Did you not go to school? Have you never done case study or scenario analysis?

i gave a scenario and then analysed it with logic. I looked at the opinions made by the people in the case and also looked at the situation. Then, I pointed the facts out from there.

Swamp rice and Yam cannot grow together. You cannot have a football field and a crop field in the exact same spot. Therefore, either 2 out of 3 opinions are wrong or all 3 opinions are wrong.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 9:43am On Dec 02, 2018
JeromeBlack:
Bro, imagine that both of us were walking with our wives in a foreign country and arrived in front of a high fence. We cant see what is at the other side of the fence. Your wife claims that there is a field of yam behind the fence. My wife claims that there is a field of swamp rice behind the fence. You then claim that there is a football field behind the fence.
There will only be 3 facts from this scenario
Again, I submit, fact, is a thing that is known or proved to be true
How can you then say, there are 3 facts from the scenario, when in actual fact they are 3 opinions and outright pretences
from the scenario

JeromeBlack:
[s]Bro, what the heck are you saying?

Did you not go to school? Have you never done case study or scenario analysis?[/s]

i gave a scenario and then analysed it with logic.
I looked at the opinions made by the people in the case and also looked at the situation.
Then, I pointed the facts out from there.

Swamp rice and Yam cannot grow together.
You cannot have a football field and a crop field in the exact same spot.
Therefore, either 2 out of 3 opinions are wrong or all 3 opinions are wrong.
[img]https://2.bp..com/-H7VZpRv7qn0/W7lo3liUisI/AAAAAAAAC9Y/k3Tif90GyTkRzzrLHy39IzYXCQs92nacACLcBGAs/s640/MEME-Atheism%2B-%2BOJ%2BSimpson.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-rX24vmzE5MY/W7lo3cQRr2I/AAAAAAAAC9U/dgyjRokHbNM6tccLw0lEyV8PojNkVdAEwCLcBGAs/s640/MEME-Atheism%2B-%2BHolocaust%2Bevidence.jpg[/img]

My friend, faith in God, goes beyond intellectual case study or scenario analysis.
Not with the kind of perverse framework of limited logic your mind can muster
We learn about God through the heart rather than through the head, and by faith rather than logic
Out curiosity, who created that logic you're taking credit for?
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by LordReed(m): 11:19am On Dec 02, 2018
JeromeBlack:

Bro, what the heck are you saying?

Did you not go to school? Have you never done case study or scenario analysis?

i gave a scenario and then analysed it with logic. I looked at the opinions made by the people in the case and also looked at the situation. Then, I pointed the facts out from there.

Swamp rice and Yam cannot grow together. You cannot have a football field and a crop field in the exact same spot. Therefore, either 2 out of 3 opinions are wrong or all 3 opinions are wrong.

He is arguing that you should not have called the 3 conjectures facts. As if that affects anything. Some people just like to flog semantics to death but completely ignore the point being made.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Ihedinobi3: 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"

I thought that he was referring to the 4 points that followed with the fourth one being an afterthought. Still, I think that he could be excused.

You know that I do not hold brief for atheists. You know precisely what I think of atheism. There is no possibility of reconciliation between me and that point of view. But when I discuss with anyone, I try to give them credit where it is due. It does not hurt my Faith. I know Him Whom I have believed. Granting an atheist credit that is due to them can only happen because of my confidence in what I have learned of the Lord and am still learning everyday.

Also, I don't engage because I want to convert them or make them see reason. Everyone makes their choice about what to believe. It is very relaxing and freeing when you come to understand that you have responsibility only to teach the Truth to those who ask about it. It is up to them what they choose to do with it, not up to you. Your business is to make sure that you are growing and making progress in the Truth and helping everyone that you can to keep doing the same if they want to.

So, be at peace, brother.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Ihedinobi3: 1:42pm On Dec 02, 2018
JeromeBlack:

That's my job as a Christian. smiley
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
I thought that he was referring to the 4 points that followed with the fourth one being an afterthought. Still, I think that he could be excused.

You know that I do not hold brief for atheists. You know precisely what I think of atheism.
There is no possibility of reconciliation between me and that point of view.
But when I discuss with anyone, I try to give them credit where it is due. It does not hurt my Faith.
I know Him Whom I have believed. Granting an atheist credit that is due to them can only happen because of my confidence in what I have learned of the Lord and am still learning everyday.

Also, I don't engage because I want to convert them or make them see reason. Everyone makes their choice about what to believe. It is very relaxing and freeing when you come to understand that you have responsibility only to teach the Truth to those who ask about it. It is up to them what they choose to do with it, not up to you. Your business is to make sure that you are growing and making progress in the Truth and helping everyone that you can to keep doing the same if they want to.

So, be at peace, brother.
"

He used "facts" as a line of thought that about because of those three opinions and outright pretences train of thought in his scenario.
If fact, is a thing that is known or proved to be true, why then is he calling them facts, when they havent been proven to be known to be true?
That is my serious bone of contention.

JeromeBlack:

Ihedinobi3:
That's my job as a Christian. smiley
If I can help it, I dont suffer "atheists" gladly
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Ihedinobi3: 1:55pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
"

He used "facts" as a line of thought that about because of those three opinions and outright pretences train of thought in his scenario.
If fact, is a thing that is known or proved to be true, why then is he calling them facts, when they havent been proven to be known to be true?
That is my serious bone of contention.

If I can help it, I dont suffer atheists gladly
It really made no difference.

As for suffering atheists, they are also people for whom the Lord Jesus died. Some of them have turned from this foolishness to serving the Lord Jesus spiritually and enthusiastically. Their opposition to Christ should never be taken personally. Of course we all stumble so we may still take it personally sometimes but we don't need to. It certainly shouldn't be made a principle to live by. We were once unbelievers after all.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
It really made no difference.

As for suffering atheists, they are also people for whom the Lord Jesus died.
Some of them have turned from this foolishness to serving the Lord Jesus spiritually and enthusiastically.
Their opposition to Christ should never be taken personally.
Of course we all stumble so we may still take it personally sometimes but we don't need to.
It certainly shouldn't be made a principle to live by.
We were once unbelievers after all.
Dont read me wrong, of course I do tolerate atheists
but the fact is, I know when to shake the dust off my feet and wash my hands of.
Even after that, one hand's to chastise, and the other hand's to pull back and praise
Tough love is real, it's not easy because it hurts the giver far more than the receiver
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Ihedinobi3: 2:19pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Dont read me wrong, of course I do tolerate atheists
but the fact is, I know when to shake the dust off my feet and wash my hands of.
Even after that, one hand's to chastise, and the other hand's to pull back and praise
Tough love is real, it's not easy because it hurts the giver far more than the receiver
I think that I am reading you right.

I respect how you choose to handle those you discuss with. I'm sure that you have your reasons for doing as you do.

I personally prefer to do as I have told you. If anyone asks me questions or challenges what I believe, I will answer them in as gentle a spirit as possible. It may be that sometimes a rebuke is necessary but if I can avoid rebuking I would much rather do so.

My desire is to make sure that the focus is always on the Truth. What they choose to do with it is their problem, not mine.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
I think that I am reading you right.

I respect how you choose to handle those you discuss with. I'm sure that you have your reasons for doing as you do.

I personally prefer to do as I have told you. If anyone asks me questions or challenges what I believe, I will answer them in as gentle a spirit as possible. It may be that sometimes a rebuke is necessary but if I can avoid rebuking I would much rather do so.

My desire is to make sure that the focus is always on the Truth. What they choose to do with it is their problem, not mine.
As much as I do agree with you
at least you can admit, he called and tried to paint three conjectures as facts, instead of being three opinions, that they really were

To be honest with you, I think it was a pleasing to see, Freudian slip, it unmasked and revealed his subconscious
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Ihedinobi3: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
As much as I do agree with you
at least you can admit, he called and tried to paint three conjectures as facts, instead of being three opinions, that they really were

To be honest with you, I think it was a pleasing to see, Freudian slip, it unmasked and revealed his subconscious
As I said, I don't believe it mattered at all.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
As I said, I don't believe it mattered at all.
It might not matter
but it at the least, needed to be pointed out.
If he couldnt get fact and facts right, only God knows what else he hasnt gotten the fact(s) right about
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by JeromeBlack: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2018
@MuttleyLaff, every sensible person knew that OJ Simpson committed the murders. The problem was that the prosecution mishandled the case and didnt prove beyond reasonable doubt. OJ Simpson's case has nothing to do with atheism. Please, use your sense. The picture below is stupid.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-H7VZpRv7qn0/W7lo3liUisI/AAAAAAAAC9Y/k3Tif90GyTkRzzrLHy39IzYXCQs92nacACLcBGAs/s640/MEME-Atheism%2B-%2BOJ%2BSimpson.jpg[/img]
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by JeromeBlack: 5:35pm On Dec 02, 2018
LordReed:

He is arguing that you should not have called the 3 conjectures facts. As if that affects anything. Some people just like to flog semantics to death but completely ignore the point being made.

I don't blame him. Seminaries and bible schools dont offer philosophy as a subject. grin grin
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2018
LordReed:
He is arguing that you should not have called the 3 conjectures facts.
As if that affects anything.
Some people just like to flog semantics to death but completely ignore the point being made.
1000 likes to you for this epiphany
Some people just like to throw caution to wind and completely ignore correction when pointed out to them

If he couldnt get fact and facts right, only God knows what else he hasnt gotten the fact(s) right about
Conjectures don't affect facts, facts should affect conjectures, and they do, if you are sensible.

JeromeBlack:
@MuttleyLaff, every sensible person knew that OJ Simpson committed the murders.
The problem was that the prosecution mishandled the case and didnt prove beyond reasonable doubt.
OJ Simpson's case has nothing to do with atheism.
[s]Please, use your sense. The picture below is stupid[/s]
Every sensible person knows that you think Ihedinobi3 has mishandled this thread and hasnt proven things to you beyond reasonable doubt.

JeromeBlack, the OJ Simpson and the holocaust are parallels
Just like inspite of overwhelming evidence, justice wasnt served in the case of the former,
and where some people, till today deny the existence of the holocaust
so you

Like seriously, give it a rest, admit you're a die-hard skeptic.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by JeromeBlack: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Every sensible person knows that you think Ihedinobi3 has mishandled this thread and hasnt proven things to you beyond reasonable doubt.

Just like inspite of overwhelming evidence, justice wasnt served in the case of the former,
so you

a criminal case is different from a civil case. A murder charge requires reasonable doubt. A divorce, on the other hand requires a different standard of evidence.

Your analogy fails.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Ihedinobi3: 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
1000 likes to you for this epiphany
Some people just like to throw caution to wind and completely ignore correction when pointed out to them

Conjectures don't affect facts, facts should affect conjectures, and they do, if you are sensible.

so you

I'm afraid I didn't think he thought so. I probably missed something. Did he say something to suggest that? I don't mean to challenge you. I'm just wondering how anyone can come to the conclusion that you did. Why would he think that I mishandled the thread?
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by JeromeBlack: 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ihedinobi3:

I'm afraid I didn't think he thought so. I probably missed something. Did he say something to suggest that? I don't mean to challenge you. I'm just wondering how anyone can come to the conclusion that you did. Why would he think that I mishandled the thread?

Oga, your type of christian is not his type of christian. grin
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2018
JeromeBlack:
a criminal case is different from a civil case.
A murder charge requires reasonable doubt.
A divorce, on the other hand requires a different standard of evidence.
Your analogy fails.
You can argue with yourself as much as you like
the fact remains that just like inspite of overwhelming evidence, justice wasnt served in the case of the Simpson case,
and some people, still to today deny the existence of the holocaust, just like you too are opaqued to overwhelming evidence(s).
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by JeromeBlack: 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
You can argue with yourself as much as you like
the fact remains that just like inspite of overwhelming evidence, justice wasnt served in the case of the Simpson case,
and some people, still to today deny the existence of the holocaust, just like you too are opaqued to overwhelming evidence(s).

How silly.

The OJ Simpson murder trial is very different from the holocaust.

OJ Simpson was later found guilty on wrongful death in civil court.

The court has a system and when a lawyer ignores that system, he loses the case.

The holocaust museum and facts are there for anyone to see. I hope you know that most holocaust deniers are muslims and racist christians?
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
I'm afraid I didn't think he thought so. I probably missed something.
Did he say something to suggest that? I don't mean to challenge you.
I'm just wondering how anyone can come to the conclusion that you did.
Why would he think that I mishandled the thread?
There were many indicators of him doing and subtly showing it
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2018
JeromeBlack:
How silly.

The OJ Simpson murder trial is very different from the holocaust.

OJ Simpson was later found guilty on wrongful death in civil court.

The court has a system and when a lawyer ignores that system, he loses the case.

The holocaust museum and facts are there for anyone to see.
I hope you know that most holocaust deniers are muslims and racist christians?
The common denominator shared in the OJ Simpson and holocaust is overwhelming evidence
Thank you for conceding and confirming that inspite of overwhelming evidence, some people do deny the obvious and reality of the holocaust
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Ihedinobi3: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
There were many indicators of him doing and subtly showing it
I was asking because I did not notice these indicators you mean.

Anyway, I think it is rather dangerous to view these things like this. I really would rather not interfere with your conscience on this or any other matter of application but many here on Nairaland who have forsaken the Faith did so because they increasingly found these "intellectual" attacks on the Faith annoying and eventually began to think in terms of winning or losing arguments.

The Faith does not need defending. Faith IS our defense. As such, it will never be popular with the world. This world does not want to trust God. So, you cannot expect to convince anyone about the trustworthiness of God unless they themselves choose to trust Him.

When I debate here, it is not about changing minds or getting anyone to admit anything or to prove anything or anything like that. It is for my brothers and sisters that I debate. I use each opportunity to develop the Truth for those brothers and sisters who are attacked by doubts. They may not know how to ask their questions and an atheist frames it in just the right way for me to produce an answer that strengthens and encourages them when they read it.

This is never about the atheist. As much as we may hope and pray that each one we minister to will repent and turn to the Lord and be saved, that is their choice. It matters nothing whether this or that person thinks that we lost an argument or handled some discussion poorly or not. The only person whose opinion in such matters counts for anything is the Lord Himself.

So, again, I beg you to be at peace. It is not your duty, judging by the Scriptures, to police people's thoughts and choices. Let JeromeBlack think what he will. It is his prerogative, not yours.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by vaxx: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
The common denominator shared in the OJ Simpson and holocaust is overwhelming evidence
Thank you for conceding and confirming that inspite of overwhelming evidence, some people do deny the obvious and reality of the holocaust
Apples and oranges comparison, A logical and fastfiorward thinking atheist may ask if that is the so called evidence for God?. I actually do not think that is a good defence anyway.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 9:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
I was asking because I did not notice these indicators you mean.

Anyway, I think it is rather dangerous to view these things like this.
I really would rather not interfere with your conscience on this or any other matter of application
but many here on Nairaland who have forsaken the Faith did so
because they increasingly found these "intellectual" attacks on the Faith annoying
and eventually began to think in terms of winning or losing arguments.

The Faith does not need defending. Faith IS our defense. As such, it will never be popular with the world.
This world does not want to trust God.
So, you cannot expect to convince anyone about the trustworthiness of God unless they themselves choose to trust Him.

When I debate here, it is not about changing minds or getting anyone to admit anything or to prove anything or anything like that.
It is for my brothers and sisters that I debate.
I use each opportunity to develop the Truth for those brothers and sisters who are attacked by doubts.
They may not know how to ask their questions
and an atheist frames it in just the right way for me to produce an answer that strengthens and encourages them when they read it.

This is never about the atheist.
As much as we may hope and pray that each one we minister to will repent and turn to the Lord and be saved, that is their choice.
It matters nothing whether this or that person thinks that we lost an argument or handled some discussion poorly or not.
The only person whose opinion in such matters counts for anything is the Lord Himself.

So, again, I beg you to be at peace.
It is not your duty, judging by the Scriptures, to police people's thoughts and choices.
Let JeromeBlack think what he will. It is his prerogative, not yours.
I giggled so hard that I almost spilled over my glass of rouge reading this post

Relax Ihedinobi3, you shouldnt, in the first place, have asked
because you just decided to scratch an itch that would soon fade when you did.

If you are observant, you would have noticed that I use JeromeBlack's comments in my responses to his remarks.
My responses were a rehash of his phrases and some little idiosyncrasies of JeromeBlack in his post that I am replying to
JeromeBlack does know I used them because he can see me repeating his construct idiosyncrasies in my replies.

Ihedinobi3, whatever I post, is for, to whom it concerns.
It is very much for atheists, very much for believers, very much for my neighbour and all

I am seriously not trying to be argumentative here.
It is a fact, I have so many times and for the record, made it clear, I dont do arguments.
I dont argue, I never argue and that is for very a good reason.
Besides, instead of winning arguments, why dont people work on winning self?
I think Malik is absolutely right, when he said that,
arguing about sacred knowledge causes the heart to hard and results in hatred or alienation

Except for those that should know better, I dont convince people and I dont convict people
I am not out to change the minds of people against their will.
I can only tell you the truth. I cant make people believe it.
I rarely teach, I share knowledge, share information.
The aim is that people think with and/or from what I share
I know what I bring to share on the table, so trust me when and if I say, I am not afraid to eat alone

I am observational.
I often say things as they are or as seen, most times, not minding whose ox is being gored
I light candles, and no one lights a lamp to cover it with a jar or put it under a bed.
I am a fighter, who fights the good fight of the faith.
Sometimes, it feels good to fight and slay demons,
so you could dissect them and find out what they've been feeding on.

JeromeBlack has not just my blessing, to think whatever he wants to think, he actually has God's blessing too.
Each man must follow his way according to his nature.
It's a matter of time. Time will tell. Time is a snitch, it's always gonna tell
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2018
vaxx:
Apples and oranges comparison,
A logical and fastforward thinking atheist may ask if that is the so called evidence for God?.
I actually do not think that is a good defence anyway.
The point made with the OJ Simpson and Holocaust is that ample and overwhelming evidence is not necessarily a panacea, solution or answer.
It is something simple than overwhelming evidence

Thomas Aquinas succinctly said:
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary.
To one without faith, no explanation is possible
"
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by Ihedinobi3: 7:53am On Dec 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
I giggled so hard that I almost spilled over my glass of rouge reading this post

Relax Ihedinobi3, you shouldnt, in the first place, have asked
because you just decided to scratch an itch that would soon fade when you did.

If you are observant, you would have noticed that I use JeromeBlack's comments in my responses to his remarks.
My responses were a rehash of his phrases and some little idiosyncrasies of JeromeBlack in his post that I am replying to
JeromeBlack does know I used them because he can see me repeating his construct idiosyncrasies in my replies.

Ihedinobi3, whatever I post, is for, to whom it concerns.
It is very much for atheists, very much for believers, very much for my neighbour and all

I am seriously not trying to be argumentative here.
It is a fact, I have so many times and for the record, made it clear, I dont do arguments.
I dont argue, I never argue and that is for very a good reason.
Besides, instead of winning arguments, why dont people work on winning self?
I think Malik is absolutely right when he said that, arguing about sacred knowledge causes the heart to hard and results in hatred or alienation

Except for those that should know better, I dont convince people and I dont convict people
I am not out to change the minds of people against their will.
I can only tell you the truth. I cant make people believe it.
I rarely teach, I share knowledge, share information.
The aim is that people think with and/or from what I share
I know what I bring to share on the table, so trust me when and if I say, I am not afraid to eat alone

I am observational.
I often say things as they are or as seen, most times, not minding whose ox is being gored
I light candles, and no one lights a lamp to cover it with a jar or put it under a bed.
I am a fighter, who fights the good fight of the faith.
Sometimes, it feels good to fight and slay demons,
so you could dissect them and find out what they've been feeding on.

JeromeBlack has not just my blessing, to think whatever he wants to think, he actually has God's blessing too.
Each man must follow his way according to his nature.
It's a matter of time. Time will tell. Time is a snitch, it's always gonna tell
All right then, brother. Thank you for clearing that up.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by MuttleyLaff: 7:58am On Dec 03, 2018
Ihedinobi3:
All right then, brother. Thank you for clearing that up.
Have yourself a blessed, good and brilliant week.
Re: Atheism Will Be Baseless If These Can Be Proven by vaxx: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
The point made with the OJ Simpson and Holocaust is that ample and overwhelming evidence is not necessarily a panacea, solution or answer.
It is something simple than overwhelming evidence

Thomas Aquinas succinctly said:
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary.
To one without faith, no explanation is possible
"
Too much of anything, be it credulity or skepticism, is a bad thing. Too much skepticism becomes denialism and paranoia. The memes are exactly what memes almost always are, a simplification, and in this case, an oversimplification, of a more complex question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Could Criss Angel Be The Anti-christ / Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. / Don’t Go To Hell , Heaven Is Real By Reverend, Park, Yong Gyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.