Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,243 members, 7,807,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. (18133 Views)

Have You Been Stranded Before In A Bus Stop ? Share Your Experiences / Fuel Scarcity Leaves BRT Passengers In Lagos Stranded (PHOTOS) / Share Your Most 'WEIRD' Experience Of 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
Mine was after finishing my nysc orientation in ndelecampus then in ph.I was to go back to lagos after roaming the whole of ph for a place to do pop.I finished all the money i have on me thinking that an uncle i stay with will get me some money.I met him and he told me he just came back from the US and that he does not know how much is in his account bla bla bla.All i ask for is transport to go to lagos and not 100 million.na so i started going to all my brothers friend in ph with different degree of complaint here and there,that was the day i learnt not to really on any human in this word again less God.i was able to raise #740 then .transport from mile one chisco was #700.i ate a plate of rice without meat for #20 in the morning and then bought ticket and wait from morning till around 6 pm to board chisco having only #20 with me,hunger wan turn my life upside down.I was seating with one lady then Ndidi by name who offer to buy me food in onitsha but the no do commot from my mouth before i realize it.I could not sleep at all and all my stomach was rumbling.I got to ojota and i took a bus for #20 to Ogba and trek the remaining to oke-Ira.I was rushed to the hospital immediately because i develop malaria.Hunger na bastard and i pray no one should go tru what i went through.I never mention this incidence to my Dad because he will be angry wityh the uncle in ph.This was a guy that stayed in my fathers house,a three bedroom flat for more than five yrs free of charge

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
The day I was robbed, robbers snatched my handbag bag and ran away, luckily for me, a man that saw what happened gave me money that took me home.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by AkhereOkaka(m): 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
[quote author=leonard002 post=73431359]next time you're stranded, locate the nearest campus, go to their class and form night class. crash and move on the next day

if they have hostels better, go meet someone to crash with [/quote
You're point guy, I could recall in 2013 had a Diamond Bank aptitude test in Calabar to be precise Women Development Centre Mary Slessor Way, had to travel from Benin not having enough cash to book hotel that was how I went to University of Calabar Medical Hostel common room to pass the night after the aptitude test I boarded a bus to Benin city.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
I was stranded in Abuja one Saturday 2009. GTB ATM refused to work (network issue) and I didn't have any cash on me to continue my journey from Lagos to Minna (after flying to Abuja). I waited for 3 hours, trying it every 10 minutes, ATM still not working (network issue). It was the gateman of the bank (Zenith bank Utako) that saw me worked up and lamenting that gave me N1k for the Abuja-Minna road trip. When I got to Minna and tried the ATM again, the network issued had been resolved and I angrily withdrew enough cash.

I got GTB to issue me an apology email after this incident.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Businessman1986(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
KrystosCJ:
After our PTA bus, which took us from FGC Okigwe to FESTAC, dropped all my friends at Amuwo-Odofin park of C. N. Okoli I waited earnestly for my dad to come and pick me up.

One by one, I kept counting the vehicles that came and picked my friends until there was a handful of us. Those of us that were hopeful did not have cash to board danfo and the fear of boarding a danfo around 10:00PM wasn't a good idea.

Then I checked my Casio wristwatch and saw that the time was 11:00PM.

I was still hopeful.

When the time was getting close to 1:00AM, I called a few of my schoolmates and told them we needed to stay close.

The year was 1997 and Otokoto was still fresh. We were very afraid.

We located a makeshift shed which had two tables and some stools and made ourselves comfortable. We huddled close to keep warm. No girl was among us.

As we were sleeping, something hard hit me on the head and as we woke up, we heard a woman shouting profanities at us in Yoruba, asking us to get the hell out of her shop as if we were thinking it was our bedroom.

She was one of those ladies who sold hot drinks to the many men who patronized her at that unholy hour of the night.

We found another spot by a street light which was lit and slept open-eyed till t he morning came.

Any reason your pa didn't show up?
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by goroman: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
I was stranded and I came here on nairaland to solicit for fund. a good Samaritan credited my account with a 1thousand naira. the money be like one million naira to me cos it came at a time all hope was lost. I will never forget that fellow. I pray for him earnestly that night. God bless that person for me. I hope to see and appreciate that someday. God bless u

15 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by KrystosCJ(m): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
Businessman1986:

Any reason your pa didn't show up?

Got the date of my arrival mixed up.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by PapiFlin(m): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2018
Earthbound:
I ended up walking the whole distance and guess what, it wasn't all that bad. I passed the cars that refused me on the Opebi link bridge around Club Vegas. The traffic gridlock was insane. I got home, took a shower, shared my story with a friend and got laid.

My take from the experience is that Nigeria is irreparably damaged. Share your own experience.

you got laid??.....Oya knack am

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Businessman1986(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
consultancy:
Many years ago as a student of Unizik Awka, i discovered that during vacation, students travelling to lagos didnt take buses directly from unizik juntion to lagos. Rather they travelled all the way down to Asaba toll gate to board buses to lagos for between 500-1000 naira.

I was elated at this discovery and decided to try it out next vacation. Vacation came, nigga was already broke, had about 1400 naira on me home and abroad. So i took a bus 100 naira to onitsha from awka, took another bus 70 naira to asaba toll gate. And had 1230 left with me. I was lucky to get a bus going to lagos for 1000. I made sure i asked the driver if he would get to mile 2, cos my home was a walking distance from there. Driver said his last bus stop was mile 2. I paid and relaxed. Bought a plastic bottle of pepsi for 100 and one gala 50 naira. Money remaining on me was 80 naira

Brothers and sisters behold we got to ojota and the driver said everyone should get down that he had arrived his last destination. No amount of arguement or begging could change his mind, everyone climbed down including me. i walked to the roadside and stopped a bus going to mile 2, but because it was very late at night and it was rush hour too, the drivers said mile 2 was 250, and i had only 80 naira left on me. so i started to trek. i trekked from ojota to Anthony bustop that night. over 2 hours trekking. when i got to Anthony, i couldn't continue again. then i flagged another bus down, he said, mile 2 was 150, and I asked him what about orile, he said orile 100 naira. i begged him to carry me for 80 naira to orile so i can continue my trekking to mile 2 from orile. the conductor agreed and they carried me to orile. getting to orile it was already past 11pm, then i started my second phase of trekking to mile 2.

Along the way my sandals cut, and i brought my travelling bag down to change to shoes and continue my trekking. last last i got home before 12 midnight with my two legs shaking like i was subjected to a 'pickpin' style punishment.

P.S: As little as 200 naira was, i couldn't bring myslf to beg people for money that night

Proud Unizik man, correct.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Businessman1986(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
KrystosCJ:

Got the date of my arrival mixed up.

oh shame
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by henrybomb(m): 4:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
Kylekent59:
The day I went for my first interview. (The original shoe I bought for 18k).

As I alighted from the bus,i went straight to a roadside clobber, I told him I have an interview and he should hurry with polishing my shoe. He told me to sit down and he took my shoes to get polish along with him. I waited and waited on him but he didn't come back with my shoe. It was already 9am and I was called that it's time, that I should step in but I told them my plight. They adjusted my interview to 10 am. I waited but that idiot clobber didn't return. I was confused , so i decided to knock at someone's gate closer to me. An old man opened the gate and asked who I was looking for?, I gave him straight answer and I told him my plight that he should lend me one of his shoes, He said he doesn't have. It was 10:30, they called and said they will postpone mine.

I finally saw one young guy and I explained to him,he gave me his and I put it on, and headed for my interview despite the postponement.

I finally got there by 12:23 pm and guess what?

GNLD cry cry cry

Chisos!!! Dis killed me cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Pauletttteeee(f): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2018
I have oooo, went to Uniben in 2005 to write post jamb, I didn't know a single person. I thought I could manage inside the school premises until the next day, oh boy at 11pm in the night I was scared, approached a student and she allowed me sleep in her hostel - but uniben rats didn't allow me sleep well v smiley - 100% better than sleeping in the cold though

Earthbound:
Nigeria's economy is growing on paper but for average citizen, there's little or nothing to show for it. Visiting any of the major cities in the world, you would find out transportation is almost if not free.
Whether you live in Lagos, Ibadan, Kano, Kaduna, Jos, Awka, Owerri, Asaba, Enugu, Rivers, Benin or even the FCT, you are likely to come across someone who is stranded and in need of some transport fare. Anyone can find themselves in this situation. Anyone, but because of evil doers, nobody trusts or helps anyone else these days. Let me share my little experience from yesterday.

I went for an interview somewhere in GRA, Ikeja. I was elated when I found out the interviewer was female. I knew it would be easier to leave an impression on her so I put my charms on 100%. After what seemed like forever, the interview was concluded and I was congratulated. Whilst making my way back, I discovered my phone was dead which was strange cause I was sure I still had some battery life left. I did what I could but it just wouldn't come on. I was pissed. So I got on a bike and got to the cantonment only for my wallet to disappear on me. I felt like my village people were getting a strong hold on me. Luckily for me, the bike guy is Hausa and he understood.
In my naivety, I was hoping I could hitch a ride to Opebi. I stood at the newly constructed bus stop at the military cantonment. In all, I approached three cars. Their replies were the same. (Check the meme below).
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Opiletool(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
A representative of one of the institutions we partner with in the US came to meet with us. I was not aware that a meeting would hold, so I was not prepared for it.

I was called to appear at the venue of the meeting(one of our offices) still not told the reason why, until I got there.

To brief the story. After the meeting, the MD begged me to guide one guy(just seeing him for the first time) to his destination as he is new to Lagos. I paid for his transport fare to his final bus stop. Unbeknown to me that I have exhausted all the cash on me, I jumped into the next available bus to my own destination. Just few movement and the bus conductor started asking for money.

I stared searching my bag, my pockets, my wallet, I could only gather some pieces of change on me, but still was not enough. I started sweating like a dog. I was so confused at what next to do.

Thank God I sat at the back, the conductor was busy collecting money from those at the front, so I used that opportunity to beg the guy seated next to me to help me with the completion of the fee:50 naira. At first he refused vehemently, but after much pleading promise that I will pay him at the bus stop (I was already calling someone to meet me at the bus stop with cash), he finally collected the pieces I have on me and paid for the rest. I could not believe that I'd find myself in such an embarrassing condition. But the unfortunate moment shaped the view I have towards people that approach me for assistance, that not all are corporate beggers.

Funnily enough, the boy I paid his transport fare saw me the following week at the office, he did not even offer me a greeting.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by PapiFlin(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
martyns303:
Just had to share this one.

I was going from Abj to PH, a friend just came into the country and we decided to leave for PH together. Ordinarily we would have taken a flight, but my friend had a lot of luggage and would be excess luggage to the tune of almost N100k or more so we decided to take a buss instead.

The bus didn't leave until 11am, around 10pm the bus got to somewhere around the east and the driver said he can't continue the journey and we should spend the night in an hotel. I asked the driver how far Owerri is from where we are and he said 30mins, I have a female friend in Owerri and I thought if I am going to spend the night out I best make it worthwhile.

So I helped my friend to an hotel, look a bus going to Owerri and jumped on it. We got to a place called "no man's land" and armed robbers attacked our bus, they threw a log in front of our bus, and the driver manage to escape by reversing in speed, we went back to a checkpoint, and the police fired some shots and asked us to continue that the robbers would have run away.

We finally got to Owerri but I dropped off at the wrong location from where my friend asked me to, I tried getting direction but seems no one I met speaks English, they were all speaking Igbo, I couldn't give my location to my friend, while there a police van approached me and told me where I am is very dangerous, looks I think is very important, cause based on my appearance they offered to keep me safe till my friend comes to pick me, they spoke with her on phone and told her where I am and she came to pick me up. Got to her place around 2am. And boy was it worth it!!!!

oga reveal the details of 2 am onwards.....We won't take this half story

17 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by armadeo(m): 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2018
Once I was coming from yaba going home I decided to stop by at Anthony village to see a friend. I don't know how it happened but I put just 10 naira in my pocket, held the 5 naira t fare to Anthony and jumped rushed into a molue. On getting down at Anthony I realised my wallet was gone.

Chai wallet that I checked before rushing for bus. Had just 10 bucks went to my guys house he wasn't home. Gobe!!!!!!

That day the trek no be here. I trekked to ojota, entered bus to ogba with the 10 card and trekked home to okeira. Still got home before 4 o'clock. I heard it that day. Couldn't even go to school the next day I just form sickness. Couldn't tell my parents why.

Lol. Since that day I can never be stranded.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by herich(m): 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nigeria is even stranded, under this APC led administration, as we speak.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by nonye6194: 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2018
Biingoo:
WAS FUCKING THIS PRETTY GIRL I MET AT BADOO AND WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO CUM WHEN HER PHONE RANG . SHE PICKED WAS TOLD HER MUM WAS INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT. SHE SCREAMED AND LEFT THE HOTEL HENCE LEAVING ME IN SUCH A TERRIBLE CONDITION. I WAS SO UNCOMFORTABLE THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT COZ MASTURBATION WASN'T AN OPTION FOR ME. SINCE THEN ONCE I CARRY ANY GIRL TO MY HOTEL ROOM, I ALWAYS REQUEST HER PHONE TO BE SWITCHED OFF TO AVOID STORIES THAT TOUCHES THE HEART

my nigga grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
My take from the experience is that Nigeria is irreparably damaged. Share your own experience.

[/quote]
Poster, have you left the shores of Nigeria before to know whether or not tfare are free You must pay for your tfare anywhere in the world. With contactless on your phone , you pay for your tfare.
Obviously not.
So because no one agreed to give you a life means Nigeria is irreparably damaged?
Your sense of reasonig can't get you a job. Only your syrupy charisma.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by newdawn2017(f): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
Earthbound:

The church should have been a sanctuary at the time. But then again, like I said, even the church security guard might not trust you enough. If Nigeria was a safe place, you could have hitchhicked with an interstate truck driver but Nigeria don too cast to dey do all those kind things.
neither can u trust d@ he isn't an opportunistic head & human organ hunter. Wickedness is 2 much now in Nigeria.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Kelvin3476: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
It happened to me in secondary school. Our school toilet is super bad and toilet was really disturbing me . I didn't even learn anything that day because nothing entered my head. Immediate after school I rush enter bus from World Bank in owerri to Akwakuma,and I was going to Ubommiri.

I have to run from the busy part of Egbeada so that I can shit for Bush. If you see speed wey I take dive entered bush een, you go pitty me.

All thanks to the bushy areas back then

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by nonye6194: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
e plenty sha but the most recent was the Opebi wahala

Because of how terrible glo 3g was in my area, I felt upgrading to 4g would really give me the fast experience they advertise on dstv. I asked my sis that even works there and she told me that it'll cost just #100-200 to upgrade to a 4g sim.

So after my CDS at Ikeja, I took a bike to Opebi and did the upgrade. I was bringing out #200 to pay at the end for this yellow sister to tell me it's #1200 because they'll give you a #1000 airtime. to hide shame, I kukuma swallow pride pay the thing sad. Because I already begged them to upgrade my sim using my nysc ID card which isn't acceptable.

when I got downstairs was when I realised that I don't have enough money to get back to White sand area of isheri I'm staying .Even my nysc bank atm hasn't been activated for withdrawal since I left camp. And activating with ATM wasn't successful either

I had hope that what I had on me would take me to a point I could at least trek the rest. So I got to Ikeja under bridge and took bus to mile II and then stopped at Iyana Isolo #300. Took Iyana Isolo to Jakande gate #150 and my money was remaining #50. Instead of entering a mini bus to White sand, I found a bike to white sand that charged twice what a bus would. Enroute home, I called my folks at home to jejely stand at the junction with the money before this aboki guy knifes me when he finds out I have #50 for the #300 fee we agreed for grin

This was in September. since then, I calculate plans for the day and carry extra money incase. And I pray against the spirit of impulse buying in this Lagos because sellers can tempt you with their wares, especially in computer village and Oshodi areas

my sister that gave me the wrong information took me to filmhouse to watch reminisce as MAKANAKI, to appease me.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by nonye6194: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
PapiFlin:

oga reveal the details of 2 am onwards.....We won't take this half story

seconded grin

You can't leave your friend that night to come to Owerri for nothing grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by yebo: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
I just got admission to kogi state polythenic and there was ethnic crises in the campus and the school was closed so I had to travel back to Lagos and this was less than 48 hours I resumed. The school was opened , I traveled back to school and getting to school those that called me to resume are still in Lagos and I heard no where to sleep. So it started raining, I later remembered I had a toaster a day when I just resumed, luckily for me I could still trace his house. I carrried my bag crying and calling my mummy cause it was raining with heavy wind. I got to the guys house he has not resumed too but the landlords daughter welcomed me, she even asked me to have my bath but I was like is where to put my head that is important. The next day I board a bus back to Lagos, those that called came back to school the day I left for lagos
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by newoffer: 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
naijaboiy:
How about when you have taken all the erujeje and origin bitters expecting your babe to come over, then she disappoints you telling you she can't make it or she comes around but on her monthly stuff.

Does that count? angry
. This is wickedness of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by sharpwriter(m): 5:40pm On Nov 30, 2018
jauntty:
Yes ooo.�

Mehn that day was hell.

Bye Bye to Eko grin

You mean yu ran away from Lagos because of the incident? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by We4all: 5:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
Hmmnnnn.

Now that I think about it, I have been stranded like a zillion times in the past.

1st time - I used my last kobo to board keke to an ATM machine, only for the wicked machine to swallow my card. Damn, I didn't know what to do! Since begging for fare wasn't an option for me, I had to trek from the beginning of Gwarinpa (first avenue) to Sahara. If you live in Abuja, then you should know this wasn't the least funny.

2nd time - Caretaker locked me out of my apartment. It was late at night, and I didn't know where to go. I went to the church that I used to worship and begged the security men to help me spend the night within the premises. They refused and I left dejected.

I was so confused! I had three neighbours, and none were around. The few friends I had lived in the suburb. And even if I were to go to them, I didn't have enough cash for transport (I had #100 on me). I kept roaming the streets thinking of what to do.

Before I knew it, it was 12:PM! Then I remembered the Hausa Moslem guy that helped me search for an apartment when I first relocated to Abuja.

I called him up, and he told me to meet him at a junction. I boarded keke and I was deep in thoughts when suddenly, I had a voice say: "How much you dey charge"?

I was a bit startled at first. Then he continued: " You go collect 3K"? We go just go one corner, do am sharp sharp.

Then it dawned on me what he meant. I just looked at him, paid my fare and walked away.

I met up with the house agent moslem guy and told him that I needed a place to spend the night. He took me to his one room abode and vacated the room.

Now that I think about it, there are still some great people in this country. If that guy wanted to take advantage of my situation, he could have done so effortlessly. But he didn't, and up until this moment, I still feel that I owe him one.

Shout out to everyone who still possess a sense of humanity and never try to exploit situations to their advantage.

16 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2018
So many funny stories here.
In 2016, I was going for an interview at Usmanu Dan Fodiyo University, Sokoto. The interview was for Tuesday and the message came on a Sunday, just 48 hrs. I had invested heavily in a project so I was almost broke at the time. I zoomed off from church in Okigwe in IMO state to get a bus from Onitsha. I was having only 5,300. Two of the niggas that I called assured me that they would send me money first thing on Monday - the next day - so I was very hopeful.

I got to Onitsha and the first shocker was that Sokoto by bus is 5,100. Note that I had spent close to 500 getting to Onitsha and I never chop. Was having about 4,600. I was confused and in that state, I opted for attachment, which cost me 2500. It seemed a fair deal but after paying the bus guy, he told me to be watchful and enter when others are entering. No receipt of payment, no tickets, nothing.

I first rush go eat mama put 250 come dey roam around WAITING as instructed. As people begin dey enter na so I come realise say even attachment dey get receipt. Luckily, I found the guy and he recognized me and allowed me in. The bus was about 80% full na so I come thank God, located a seat and relaxed. Immediately we reached toll gate Asaba, na so another set of Abokis with tickets come take over the remaining seats. Those of us on attachment multiplied by 5 to the extent that if a pin drops from your, it won't get to the ground.

The lack of space, suffocation, discomfort and stress that I encountered cannot be described by mere words. My only moment of respite was whenever the bus stops for people to go down and ease themselves, man go just sit down stretch body.

Standing from Onitsha to Sokoto wasn't funny at all. Mid way into the journey one of the Hausa guys developed illness while standing and threw up on me. I felt like dying. Na so over 50 Abokis join mouth dey tell me Oga sorry.

This is aside from the fact that most of them were smelling like what I couldn't fathom. I carried someone's vomit on my body for close to 12 hours. Imagine the discomfort.

On getting to Sokoto on Monday afternoon, all my guys way promise to send me money disappoint me like Amaka and 2face. I was calling and getting stories in return. It was almost noon, no money and I had to look for where to pass the night because my initial plan was to lodge in an hotel once I got the money.

Last last I called my immediate elder sister whom I didn't even tell of my journey initially and she became my saving grace. She served in Sokoto, so she activated some old contacts and within two hours, someone came to pick me up from the park.

The guy took me to a nice restaurant along Ahmadu Bello way, bought me food and gave me a room to myself in his house. The next day, he took me to the school and gave me directions on how to get back plus 2k for transportation and feeding for the day. Funny enough, I wasn't interviewed on Tuesday so I had to spend another day and after my interview on Wednesday, I decided to rest on Thursday since I had become very comfortable with air-conditioed room, free food and free ride to school.

Meanwhile the alert I was expecting came on Wednesday only because I had lied to one of my guys that I was putting up at an IDP camp. As I prepared to leave on Friday, this dude gave me 20k for transportation.

I was stunned. I boarded a bus and while waiting for the departure, an obviously stranded youth corps member was seeking assistance to transport herself to akwa ibom enroute Onitsha. Knowing how God delivered me, I went straight to the counter, paid for a ticket and gave it to her. Na so she start to cry. Funny enough she had not approached me for help.

But it was my own way of appreciating what God did for me

27 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by naijaboiy: 6:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
martyns303:
Just had to share this one.

I was going from Abj to PH, a friend just came into the country and we decided to leave for PH together. Ordinarily we would have taken a flight, but my friend had a lot of luggage and would be excess luggage to the tune of almost N100k or more so we decided to take a buss instead.

The bus didn't leave until 11am, around 10pm the bus got to somewhere around the east and the driver said he can't continue the journey and we should spend the night in an hotel. I asked the driver how far Owerri is from where we are and he said 30mins, I have a female friend in Owerri and I thought if I am going to spend the night out I best make it worthwhile.

So I helped my friend to an hotel, look a bus going to Owerri and jumped on it. We got to a place called "no man's land" and armed robbers attacked our bus, they threw a log in front of our bus, and the driver manage to escape by reversing in speed, we went back to a checkpoint, and the police fired some shots and asked us to continue that the robbers would have run away.

We finally got to Owerri but I dropped off at the wrong location from where my friend asked me to, I tried getting direction but seems no one I met speaks English, they were all speaking Igbo, I couldn't give my location to my friend, while there a police van approached me and told me where I am is very dangerous, looks I think is very important, cause based on my appearance they offered to keep me safe till my friend comes to pick me, they spoke with her on phone and told her where I am and she came to pick me up. Got to her place around 2am. And boy was it worth it!!!!
All because of kondo grin gringrin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by sharpwriter(m): 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
KrystosCJ:
After our PTA bus, which took us from FGC Okigwe to FESTAC, dropped all my friends at Amuwo-Odofin park of C. N. Okoli I waited earnestly for my dad to come and pick me up.

You didn't finish your story, where was your dad? Why didn't he come to pick you up?
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by sharpwriter(m): 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
Kylekent59:
The day I went for my first interview. (The original shoe I bought for 18k).

As I alighted from the bus,i went straight to a roadside clobber, I told him I have an interview and he should hurry with polishing my shoe. He told me to sit down and he took my shoes to get polish along with him. I waited and waited on him but he didn't come back with my shoe. It was already 9am and I was called that it's time, that I should step in but I told them my plight. They adjusted my interview to 10 am. I waited but that idiot clobber didn't return. I was confused , so i decided to knock at someone's gate closer to me. An old man opened the gate and asked who I was looking for?, I gave him straight answer and I told him my plight that he should lend me one of his shoes, He said he doesn't have. It was 10:30, they called and said they will postpone mine.

I finally saw one young guy and I explained to him,he gave me his and I put it on, and headed for my interview despite the postponement.

I finally got there by 12:23 pm and guess what?

GNLD cry cry cry

Hahahahaha....GNLD? grin grin those yeye people...no wonder dem dey shift yur interview conveniently. Hope yu got yur shoes back sha
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by ALAYORMII: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
anonymous96:

Me!!!
Which one is mii are u 13??

Why don’t you ignore the way I choose to spell words and rather mind ur own bizness

Language is about communication

Once you understand what I meant then have passed my message

Ireeeeeee oooooo
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story. by sharpwriter(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
Starboytwo:
I won't call it begging per say id call it reasoning....i mean I won't walk up to you and start begging or kneeling down or some shiii....I'm simply gonna tell you whatsup....eg "omo iya mi how far,wetin dey sup baba...omo your nigger never chop ooo oti yeee Og'....as a sure boy I'd expect you to do the needful.....
I schooled four years in the university of ilorin,I know what "broke means,I know what stranded means ....not to feeling myself or anything,I don't beg I simply look for a sure boy and ask my needs....

I expected nothing less.... because I myself is a sure boy....don't say much,don't beg,don't cry or fear or anything...just approach me and tell me what's up and I'd do the needful and if I can't I'd just tell you how sorry I am....I don't care if you are a scammer or whatever,that's your problem....

If whatyu said is the truth, then you are a THUG!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tree Falls In Imo, Killing 31 & Injured 16 / Ghanaian Man Eats Broken Bottles On Live TV As He Dances (VIDEO) / 70-Year-Old Burnt To Death Over Witchcraft In Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.