Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard (3662 Views)

Is This The Real Buhari Or A Lookalike? (pics) / 6 'facts' To Prove President Buhari Has Been Replaced By Jubrin - Nnamdi Kanu / No Evidence Buhari Died And Replaced By A Lookalike (AFP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Crocky23: 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
Several high-profile figures in Nigeria, including a former government minister, have claimed that President Muhammadu Buhari has died and been replaced by a lookalike from Sudan.

Tweets, Facebook posts and YouTube videos repeating claims that the leader of Africa’s most populous nation is an imposter called “Jubril” have been shared and viewed over 500,000 times. But there is no evidence to back up the claim and the government has not commented. – What are we verifying? – Former military ruler Buhari, 75, has made several trips to London for medical treatment since mid-2016. Initially, the presidency claimed he had a “persistent ear infection”. But concern mounted from early last year about his prolonged absences, prompting speculation the condition was more serious and might affect his ability to stay in power. A lack of information about the exact nature of his illness, his gaunt features and a reduction in public appearances have fed speculation about his well-being. Claims about Buhari’s identity emerged a month after Buhari returned from another lengthy medical trip to the British capital. The earliest online mention of the claim found by AFP was in a video posted by Twitter user @sam_ezeh on September 3, 2017. The video has since been shared more than 5,000 times on Facebook and Twitter. In it, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) movement, Nnamdi Kanu, speaks to his supporters and says Buhari had actually died. “The man you are looking at in the television is not Buhari… His name is Jubril, he’s from Sudan. After extensive surgery they brought him back,” he says. In separate broadcasts on the outlawed pirate radio station Radio Biafra, Kanu has called Buhari “Jubril Al-Sudani”. But on each occasion, he gave no evidence for the claim. The IPOB leader is a fervent critic of Buhari and the Nigerian government. His movement wants a separate independent state for the Igbo people who dominate southeast Nigeria. Despite the lack of evidence, the claim has been picked up by other opponents of Buhari, who in February next year is seeking a second, four-year term of office. On April 5, 2018, Femi Fani-Kayode, a former government special advisor and minister under president Olusegun Obasanjo, repeated the claim on Twitter (1). A similar post on his Facebook page was shared more than 400 times. Press releases and statements by IPOB and its sympathisers have repeated the claim (2). The rumour appears to have been fuelled further by a real-life event in May this year, when a Nigerian diplomat — Habibu Almu — was found dead in the Sudanese capital, Khartoum. Nigeria‘s foreign ministry said on May 14 that Almu had been “stabbed to death” and that a Sudanese woman of Nigerian origin had been arrested. Sudanese police said the killing did not appear to be politically motivated but Kanu and others have claimed the death was linked to an apparent cover-up of Buhari’s death (3). Buhari’s appearance has come under scrutiny in many posts. One post compares Buhari apparently writing with his right hand in one photograph and his left in another. But analysis indicates the image of the right-handed Buhari had been reversed. One video even speculates on how a dead Buhari could have been operated on to transfer his appearance to “Jubril from Sudan”, showing a scene from the 1997 film “Face/Off” (4). – What conclusion can we draw? – The rumour has been stoked by Buhari’s illness, which saw him receive treatment abroad for a large part of 2017, and the killing of a Nigerian diplomat in Khartoum earlier this year. Those pushing the claim are known critics of Buhari and his government but have provided no concrete evidence to back up their assertion.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/fact-check-has-nigerias-buhari-died-and-been-replaced-with-a-lookalike/

1 Like

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by pacifique(m): 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
sad
Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by IamD18: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2018
I think Donald Trump indirectly passed the message by calling Jubril "Lifeless"

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by vanbonattel: 2:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
Is it so difficult for someone to remove his cap and grant a press conference where journalists will grill him to see if he is Buharri?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by vanbonattel: 2:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
Atiku is fighting to win the presidency
APC is fighting to prove that Buharri is not jubril

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ooh. Vanguard?

Good.

Gen Jibuhari, clear the air.. We are not your kids so you can't just keep quiet. You are answerable to us.

Prove you are who you say you are and save me the stress of reading trash and seeing rubbish pics daily.

3 Likes

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Gandollar(f): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
obibolamusa:
Lazy yoot! Why the space booking? Instead demanding for the so called buhari to remove his cap you are here booking space. sad

2 Likes

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by overall90: 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2018
the mainstream media are beginning to nibble bit by bit cheesy
the coming days will be very interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Titto93(m): 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2018
The truth can never be submerged forever

1 Like

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
Gandollar:
Lazy yoot! Why the space booking? Instead demanding for the so called buhari to remove his cap you are here booking space. sad

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Gandollar(f): 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
overall90:
I'm telling you! grin

I swear if NK was right Las Las ehn... Na stick we go use club that useless recessionist back to Sudan. embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Gandollar(f): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
obibolamusa:
Ooh. Vanguard?

Good.

Gen Jibuhari, clear the air.. We are not your kids so you can't just keep quiet. You are answerable to us.

Prove you are who you say you are and save me the stress of reading trash and seeing rubish pics daily.
Yes he must address the nation and show us proof. A DNA test, removal of his cap so we can see his head and he must also submit himself for physical scrutiny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Gandollar(f): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
obibolamusa:

Thanks
YWC

1 Like

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by biosilicon: 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2018
There is no smoke without fire. All i know is that cloning has been perfected decades ago and there is nothing desperate power mongers will not do to cling onto power. something just smells fishy in Nigeria's presidency.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by biosilicon: 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2018
Gandollar:
Yes he must address the nation and show us proof. A DNA test, removal of his cap so we can see his head and he must also submit himself for physical scrutiny.

LOL, that is done in saner climes. in this entity called Nigeria i bet my balls it will never happen and there is nothing anyone can do about it including the useless criminal lawmakers.

3 Likes

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by KanwuliaExtra: 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2018
All we are saying . . . . .

That is NOT Buhari in Aso Rock!
2 months is a long time!
Fawu nyansh go soon open WIDE!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Truth4eva: 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2018
Let the man in Aso Rock address this issue like Obasanjo did.

'Like' for Buhari 'Share' for Jubril
Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Iamgrey5(m): 4:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
overall90:
Did you read the news ?

1 Like

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by EnzoAmore: 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
Am beginning to believe Buhari has actually died

1 Like

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Roger3D(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2018
vanbonattel:
Is it so difficult for someone to remove his cap and grant a press conference where journalists will grill him to see if he is Buharri?
Just to give credence to the idiocy of a few inconsequential IPOB miscreants? Na una go tire

3 Likes

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by overall90: 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Did you read the news ?

No, i did not.
read it for me

2 Likes

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by PFRB: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
Titto93:
The truth can never be submerged forever
Gbam

1 Like

Re: Has Nigeria’s Buhari Died And Been Replaced With A Lookalike? Vanguard by Iamgrey5(m): 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2018
overall90:

No, i did not.
read it for me
I am sorry but you have mistaken me for your kindergarten teacher.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Walking Stick: How Buhari Killed Tinubu Presidential Ambition(photos) / This Man Is The Next President Of Nigeria / Akwa Ibom Has Just Completed 2nd Cable Suspended Bridge At Onna…photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.