Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,398 members, 7,800,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso (16472 Views)

USA To Invest $10 Billion In Nigerian Power Sector, For Extra 7,500 MW / FG Plans To Sell Electricity Transmission Company / 2023 Presidency: Equity Should Be A Nigerian, Power Must Rotate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by AmigoDeDon(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Akesan Egan Alimosho Lagos
No light � 1 year now.
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by tejiri4(m): 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
One that have not been able to have 24hrs power supply is selling to another country, if not for God, I regret being a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by ednut1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
We sell to ghana ,ivory coast and mali already. So no biggie here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by drololaaof: 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2018
Ober to you Mr Fashola and Funke Osibodu,all your talk , talk see yourself now you are putting us in darkness ,whereas there is excess energy produced and rejected
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Vdsc: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
olujastro:

No mystery here. Your discos are not ready to do business yet courtesy of the 2013 paddy-paddy privatisation.
Instead of selling the discos to serious people, they sold them to their political cronies like Abdusalam and Tunde Ayeni (Ibadan and Yola discos) Emeka Offor (Enugu disco). Same Ayeni that donated N2billion to Jonathan's campaign in 2011.
While the gencos and TCN have stepped up their capacities, your discos are not able to distribute the power produced due to lack of capacity. They are supposed to invest money and improve their capacities. Instead they lazily dish out estimated bills to get easy money.
That's what we call Political Privatisation of Nigeria's power sector.
But what is the buharo government doing about it?

Thw fans of the president claim he is incorruptible, but we are not seeing it in the life of the common man.
An incorruptible president should go after these discos and get the licences.
Buhari should stop worrying about atiku visa and focus on issues that matter.

Haba. angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by barinedan(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
God will punish them very. We don't have enough light here and they are thinking of selling it, are these people mentally stable?
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by olujastro: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
Vdsc:

Thw fans of the president claim he is incorruptible, but we are not seeing it in the life of the common man.

Haba. angry
Somehow I blame Fashola but I also pity his situation.
The discos have a ten year licence with additional 5yr renewal clause.
Fashola has to choose between respecting agreements between past govt and the new power companies or cancelling the licence.
He's chosen to work with the discos where they have challenges instead of telling the world that Nigerian govt doesn't respect agreements. But there's only so much that he can do as these companies are now privately owned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Vdsc: 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
olujastro:

Somehow I blame Fashola but I also pity his situation.
Why would you pity him?
He is the FG. The regulator in charge.
The FG can force them to upgrade their system or help them upgrade while they pay back gradually.

I don't believe the discos are the reason we don't have power.

It is too elementary.
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Lota11(m): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2018
smiley lol.. u cracked me upp... Do u mean Nigeria is useless
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Lota11(m): 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2018
greatdreamer:
Not surprised, we gave Malaysia palm fruits and now we are importing palm oil from them.
We sell our crude oil and import refine products .
We are going export electricity to Burkina Faso to power their industries and then we import their finishing products

smiley lol.. u cracked me up.. Do u mean Nigeria is a useless country
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by enemyofprogress: 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2018
Useless country
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by gaby(m): 6:53pm On Nov 30, 2018
Very confusing and confused country/situation.

Where is the underutilised power generated by this company stranded at and why can't it be utilised for Nigerians who are daily engulfed in darkness?

If the excuse for the stranded/underutilised energy is a lack of infrastructure to transmit, how do they hope to sell and transmit to Burkina?

Na pocket dem wan put the mw carry go Burkina?

Very silly and confusing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by AkhereOkaka(m): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
docadams:

Obviously the problems lie with the TCN and the DISCOS. TCN says there is system overload because of low utilization by DISCOS resulting in load shedding. The DISCOS are like a bunch of spendthrifts living off inheritance. They've got no acumen for growing the business. Not until this implants of GEJ/PDP are supplanted, regular power supply will continue to be a mirage

You're right the process of Privatization of the power sector under the GEJ/PDP led federal government then was not properly done. They sold the then PHCN to their cronies who where incompetent to manage distribution of Electricity.
But my take on this as a solution is that Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution should be removed from the exclusive list and put in the curcurent list so that states that has capacity should be aor zones can generate electricity distribute to it citizen if there's excess it can be sold to Nigeria Bulk electricity company as against what is obtainable now where when you generate you must send it to the National grid.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/298292-nigerian-power-firm-to-sell-electricity-to-burkina-faso.html

E never reach us, na em una wan sell the little we get!
Make una fear God na.. haha!!
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by docadams: 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2018
AkhereOkaka:

You're right the process of Privatization of the power sector under the GEJ/PDP led federal government then was not properly done. They sold the then PHCN to their cronies who where incompetent to manage distribution of Electricity.
But my take on this as a solution is that Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution should be removed from the exclusive list and put in the curcurent list so that states that has capacity should be aor zones can generate electricity distribute to it citizen if there's excess it can be sold to Nigeria Bulk electricity company as against what is obtainable now where when you generate you must send it to the National grid.

I wholly agree with you. Unfortunately, we are going to continue in this circuit for some time to come because I heard the previous contracts were cast in diamond(the hardest substance known).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Hades2016(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2018
Let me just laugh and walk away.. Nigeria is doomed

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Hades2016(m): 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2018
Lota11:

smiley lol.. u cracked me up.. Do u mean Nigeria is a useless country
more than useless

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by mechanics(m): 7:34pm On Nov 30, 2018
We don't have constant electricity and they want to sell to Burkinafaso, that's serious o.
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
Vdsc:

Why would you pity him?
He is the FG. The regulator in charge.
The FG can force them to upgrade their system or help them upgrade while they pay back gradually.

I don't believe the discos are the reason we don't have power.

It is too elementary.

Then what's the point of sell it to them in the first place, if the government has to do everything

Why da hell did they rush to buy it if they can't even upgrade it,
Do you buy a tokunbo car without preparing money for plate number & changing tires.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by wristbangle: 7:46pm On Nov 30, 2018
olujastro:

No mystery here. Your discos are not ready to do business yet courtesy of the 2012 paddy-paddy privatisation.
Instead of selling the discos to serious people, they sold them to their political cronies like Abdusalam and Tunde Ayeni (Ibadan and Yola discos) Emeka Offor (Enugu disco). Same Ayeni that donated N2billion to Jonathan's campaign in 2011.
While the gencos and TCN have stepped up their capacities, your discos are not able to distribute the power produced due to lack of capacity. They are supposed to invest money and improve their capacities. Instead they lazily dish out estimated bills to get easy money.
That's what we call Political Privatisation of Nigeria's power sector.

You my friend hit the nail well. Other people saying otherwise should kindly consider this gentle man's comment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by linkin8k(m): 7:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
Lol see story. The turbines they claim to have fixed was actually done by TCN and funded by World Bank.

The contract was awarded before the power plant was concessioned to MESL and was completed by the time they got the power plant.

Ever since, they claim to have fixed it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 30, 2018
And we dont have steady light in Nigeria. Evil leaders.
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by nickyosas(m): 7:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
Same electricity OBJ pumped N 16bn into!
Same sector almost everything privatised!
Someone has mentioned the problem...treason, sabotage...

Importing Generating sets is a huge racket, I mean,if electricity is good,how do we want our politicians to "make money" by padding and inflating budget especially as regards power ??

All Nigerian government counts as achievements are Roads and Electricity.

We still can't generate alternate source of power like biogas! In this age with the heaps of refuse!

The problem go had to solve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Gabflex: 8:11pm On Nov 30, 2018
OMG! Nigeria has been sold. Forget
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by banio: 8:27pm On Nov 30, 2018
FG used big grammar, concession to take Nigeria's birthright. Now they have succeeded in selling us all in the name of a 100years concession.

Their Fada

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by CrystalMax: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
Let them sell it for their organizational sustenance jare. Haba! Our Discos have failed us!
They reject energy all in the name of energy management claiming they can't collect the money for energy distributed to some areas, they all (the 11 of them) owe these Genco guys in billions.
Most of them have invested little or nothing into power system infrastructure, majority of all injection substations (if not all) were built by FG in time past, even the new ones are NIPP projects,they don't even give distribution transformers to public users yet they don't remit as they ought to MO. They are selfish and thieving investors that don't care about Nigerians, all they care about is the payment for the "darkness" that they give.
Privatization of Nigeria's power sector wasn't really good for us at all.
I support this idea of them selling their idle energy to countries that will utilize and pay for them accordingly. A business is a business!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by GavelSlam: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2018
Vdsc:

Haba. angry

It seems you don't understand what a legally binding contract means.
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by Adiwana: 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
They are business men that are profit oriented and in business you sell to anybody who's willing to buy irrespective of affiliations. Blame the govt for their shoddy business and Incompetence in giving us power
Re: Nigerian Power Firm To Sell Electricity To Burkina Faso by solpat(m): 10:09pm On Nov 30, 2018
And there's no light in Benin city and environs for 1 month now angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Inspects Ongoing Road Projects In Nsukka Urban(photos) / FG Approves $1.4bn For Rehabilitation Of Warri, Kaduna Refineries / June 12th, Abiola, Susan Rice And A Cup Of Tea - Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.