Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,928 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan (12389 Views)

El-Rufai Speaks On The Abduction Of Chibok Schoolgirls Under Jonathan (Throwback / Kidnapped Students: Aisha Yesufu Reminds El-Rufai Of Chibok Girls Tweet At GEJ / 8 Suspected Kidnappers Of Chibok Girls Arrested By Police 4 Years After (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by ahmedkoded95(m): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2018
Former President Goodluck Jonathan says he cannot take responsibility for the kidnap of 276 students from Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok, Borno state, in 2014.

Jonathan had been accused of not doing enough to secure the release of the students.

But speaking in an interview with BBC, the former president said Boko Haram should be blamed for the abduction which sparked global outrage.

“I cannot take responsibility for the abduction; I don’t control Boko Haram. They are criminals,” he said.

“But as a president, of course you know it is not the president that goes to the field. You have security and intelligence officers that do the work.

“Let me admit that yes, maybe they did their best but their best was not good enough for us to recover the girls. That I cannot say I am right or I am wrong. That does not mean I am trying to remove myself from any blame.

“I may not be blamed for the action but I could be blamed that my security intelligence system was not strong enough to rescue the girls. If I as a politician could tell the whole world that my political ambition for any office is not worth the blood of a single Nigerian, how would I be happy that girls have been kidnapped? I am not that kind of character.”

The former president also accused the government of the US at the time of politicising the Chibok issue.

He wondered why Michelle Obama, first lady of the US carried a ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ placard.

“Immediately the Chibok issue came up, we expected Nigerians to be concerned about how to get these girls out,” he said.

“Within a couple of days, we saw people going to the US with ‘Bring Back Our Girls’ placards. How? Why? And of course, Mrs. Obama received one of those placards.”

Over 100 of the girls are still in captivity while many have regained freedom.

https://www.thecable.ng/jonathan-i-cant-take-responsibility-for-abduction-of-chibok-girls/amp?__twitter_impression=true

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by MalcoImX: 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2018
He blamed the husband, now it's the turn of the wife.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by Corrinthians(m): 11:56pm On Nov 30, 2018
There you have it folks, right from the vacuous skull of the perpetually foolish Ineffectual Buffoon!

What exactly can you ever take responsibility for Mr Buffoon? sad

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by Nbote(m): 11:57pm On Nov 30, 2018
Oga Jona, U really need to stop talking... Dis interviews and and statements on ur tym in office are really irrelevant and unnecessary now... Nigerians are fully in d know on how U were undermined and sabotaged while d opposition had a field day.. Now is not d time to join issues or raise dem. Mayb someday

28 Likes

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by BornnAgainChild(f): 1:55am On Dec 01, 2018
Corrinthians:
There you have it folks, right from the vacuous skull of the perpetually foolish Ineffectual Buffoon!

Arjuju undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by bigdeals(m): 4:49am On Dec 01, 2018
L
Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by kenbee(f): 4:51am On Dec 01, 2018
GEJ is just too innocent and Soft for the office!
We know that so many people conspired against you
But the blame is yours as the Commander in chief.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by zedman1(m): 4:51am On Dec 01, 2018
Oook, I was wondering who made the statement. it's Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by GogetterMD(m): 4:53am On Dec 01, 2018
He never takes responsibility for anything

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by helinues: 4:53am On Dec 01, 2018
Jonah the jones..

Clueless but have a good heart.

You are still an hero of democracy though. Respect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by dcrown13: 4:53am On Dec 01, 2018
let me take the responsibility then.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by RexTramadol1: 4:55am On Dec 01, 2018
Jona eye don clear

Remain sai baba eye to clear

3 Likes

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by EricBloodAxe: 4:55am On Dec 01, 2018
The north should be blamed for sacrificing their daughters to bokoharam in a staged play sponsored by the dullard of asorock, the midget of kaduna and other state actors all in a bid to forcefully take over power from the center. The entire northern conspiracy to use bokoharam to cause chaos and anarchy has turned around to bite them. Karma has found permanent residency in the NE.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by babyfaceafrica: 4:56am On Dec 01, 2018
story that touches the heart
Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by luckihy: 4:57am On Dec 01, 2018
Corrinthians:

Well said!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by ionsman: 4:57am On Dec 01, 2018
So after almost 4 years, this man never still get sense?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by ifyakanu(m): 4:59am On Dec 01, 2018
Well said
Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by mansoura(f): 5:09am On Dec 01, 2018
grin
Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by dadebayo1(m): 5:10am On Dec 01, 2018
Loll.... Oga leave mata for mathias jare grin ...
Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by bukynkwuenu: 5:11am On Dec 01, 2018
GogetterMD:
He never takes responsibility for anything

I guess dullardeen takes responsibility

he boldly addressed Nigerians on the massacre of over 100 soldiers and has technically n effectively defeated Boko Haram... so we'll that the shehu of borno applauded him....on how north east can now sleep with both eyes closed

14 Likes

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by mamaa88(f): 5:11am On Dec 01, 2018
Still the best president,clueless or not clueless you are still the best,don't mind them really karma is a bitch,they used book haram to ruin the tenure now is fighting against them,abeg enjoy yourself

12 Likes

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by franchasng: 5:13am On Dec 01, 2018
In as much as I will maintain my stand that all Nigerian past and present Presidents including Goodluck and the old lanky kunu and fura de Nunu drunkard at the Aso Rock now has failed Nigeria and Nigerians, I must say that Goodluck's government was heavily sabotaged by:

1.) Northern Political elites headed then by Buhari, El Rufai, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Kwankwaso, Aminu Tambuwal, Shetima, and the entire Northern Elders Forum.

2.) Barrack Obama & Hillary Clinton collabo

3.) South African President Jacob Zuma

4.) Olusegun Obasanjo

5.) Bola Tinubu

6.) Babatunde Fashola

7.) Rotimi Amaechi

These are the key players in the sabotage of Goodluck Jonathan's government to ensure it failed for these reasons:

Reason 1:

The northern players wanted Goodluck to fail so they used Boko Haram insurgency to destabilize Jonathan's government. The reason they wanted Jonathan to fail is for power to return to the core north because they were angry that Southern Nigeria was completing a tenure they believed belonged to them; Yaraduas's tenure, which is why most northern political elites hate Obasanjo since 2008 for intentionally foistering sick Yaradua on them.

So they didn't consider the consequences of using religious terrorism to oust Goodluck, now Boko Haram has gone out of hand; foreign collaborators have come in just to make billions out of it through kidnapping for ransom and arm deals!

Reason 2:

Buhari came into the scene because he is a very power drunk man desperate to become President again at all cost to enjoy the looting privilege and global touring opportunities he was denied in 1983 by IBB and Dasuki.

Reason 3:

Obama came into the scene out of his strong affinity to support Islamic movement and because Goodluck turned down his special request to pass the gay & LGBT right law in Nigeria; one of Obama's sick legacy in the world.

Obama became so angry and furious with Goodluck for blatantly turning him down, he was out to pay him back without considering the consequences on Nigerians and Africa as a whole.

Reason 4:

Jacob Zuma came into play out of ignorance as masterminded by Obama's government who made sure Goodluck Jonathan's government didn't succeed in buying solid military arsenal to finish Boko Haram.

Obama block Goodluck from buying arms from USA, Israel, Pakistan, India, Germany, etc. Out of frustration, Goodluck collaborated with Pastor Oritsejefor to use his clergy private jet to move money in cash to secure arms, Obama used US intelligence expertise to thwart that last minute move.

Reason 5:

Other foreign nation players like UK just wanted a regime change to go back to the north because in their ignorance, they always believe that having a stable northern Nigeria will help develop Nigeria. So because of this, they always prefer power to be in the north knowing that southern Nigerians are smart people who don't need government power to prosper, they therefore prefer northern Nigeria to hold the power and help develop their region to reduce migration into Europe and possible spread of Islamic terrorism that the north is more prone to.

Reason 6:

The Yoruba collaborators like Tinubu came into play out of desperation to wild power and be seen as the most powerful person and tribe in Nigeria.

They also wanted a change in government to enable them have a close chance of becoming Nigeria's next President by being VP to old and not-too-healthy Buhari whom they secretly believed would possibly die in office like Yaradua so that they can then become the President of Nigeria like Goodluck.

Other Yoruba general population collaborators that wanted Goodluck to fail at all cost were acting based on their anger that Goodluck was sidelining Yorubas and favoring Igbos whom they believed is the original tribe of Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.

These are the collabos that brought Goodluck Jonathan's government down using all available means that are now having negative effect on Nigeria.

And most of the key players that ensured the brutal downfall and failure of Goodluck government have all received their rewards from nature.

1.) Obama got humiliated during US last election!

2.) Jacob Zuma got humiliated out of office!

3.) Kwankwaso has been humiliated in Kano and by Buhari he helped to enthrone!

4.) Saraki has passed through enough humiliation!

5.) Sowore of Sahara reporters is about to receive his!

6.) Amaechi is inline to follow

7.) El Rufai has become the most hated northern governor, I wonder his fate after his tenure!

8.) Shetima nkor?

9.) Tambuwal received his first humiliation and more to follow!

10.) Tinubu's humiliation is on the way coming, wait and see

11.) Buhari that used desperate means to become President is not finding it funny as he has turned out to become the most hated President of the world and then most disastrous President to ever rule any nation of the world with highest rate of national poverty, unemployment, insecurity and corruption scandals and accusations

Buhari and Obasanjo are the only Nigerian Presidents that have the highest/greatest support of Nigerians to change Nigeria for good without sabotage.

Buhari has the whole massive support and general acceptance to change Nigeria. Buhari can enact any law he wishes, unlike Goodluck that was being sabotaged even by northern politicians he joyfully appointed just because they don't like his tribe and religion.

45 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by Tospringe: 5:16am On Dec 01, 2018
The clueless Jonathan should stop keeping malice with common sense. It's obvious he has not yet recovered from the shock of the defeat. His comment reeks of bitterness, i hope he get well soon.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by wink2015(m): 5:21am On Dec 01, 2018
This Jonathan is so clueless and daft that he is just good enough for local government councillorship. But Jonathan was not competent for President or Vice President that was thrused upon his shoulders.

Ex-President Obasanjo that Baba Ijebu village man is grossly responsible for the poor level of governance withness during the inglorious 16 years Pdp rule.

As he ignored competent tecnocrat went after mediocre to assume national leadership. Infact, he singlehandedly drag Jonathan to become Vice President of Nigeria when the ogogoro drinking Ijaw man was not keen on that vice president position but only aspired to be a mere deputy governor to Late governor of Bayelsa state, DSP Alamieseigha. (Alams)

Many observers of Nigeria political development know that Obasanjo wanted a political son he can control from his Abeokuta, Ogun state country home. Hence, he went after Jonathan.

Jonathan wasted Niger delta "advanced development opportunities"

The popular east west road that he saw and throw away his face is now the mockery of his administration.

The flooded road to his Otueke country home remained unmotorable as at today due largely to Jonathan docility.

The federal university he built at Otueke, Yenagoa, Bayelsa state remains a glorified college which was not completed as at today despite the trillions of dollars Deziani was sharing to political mules to rig 2015 Presidential election in Jonathan 's favour.

Jonathan wasted federal money building 9 federal universities across the federation. He could not even complete any of the universities as at the winding down of his over battered tenure.

Commonsense dictate that Jonathan could best have built 2 federal universities one on the north and a second one for the south. Unfortunately this fish eating, plantain eating and Ogogoro drinking ijaw born President was damn too CLUELESS.

Under his watch, Deziani, Omokore, Fayose, Metuh, Sambo, Obanikoro, Patience Jonathan ( the President wife ) all emptied our collective commonwealth and national treasury.

It will be stupid of Ex- President Jonathan to think that an Hausa man will come and develop ijaw land or the niger delta region.

Where is even the money to amend things and build federal infrastructure as at now when crude oil prices in the International oil market?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by Stalwert: 5:23am On Dec 01, 2018
Ineffectual buffoon such a disgrace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by prettyboi1(m): 5:24am On Dec 01, 2018
This man is a shame. He has almost no traits of leadership.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 5:25am On Dec 01, 2018
Corrinthians:

,he should take responsibility for action of buhari and northern leaders who established and give full support for boko haram at the beginning, ? Having fought tirelessly with his security apparatus and arrested 40% of those idioots boko haram, and buhari came and release all of them, and they went back to front line and kill soldiers. He should still accept responsibility? He's never dull like you

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by seniormallam(m): 5:26am On Dec 01, 2018
But WAEC wrote to the state governor who double as the CSO of the state to move those girls to a safer school,
1. The state governor did not transmit the letter to the presidency, but will never forget to come collect monthly allocation.

2. The state governor neither moved/double the security of the school.

3. The principal must be aware of such letter, let her explain the role she played towards ensuring those girl are moved to safe place

4. The principal eventually got a higher position for a job well done

The governor could have averted that disaster

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Take Responsibility For Abduction Of Chibok Girls - Goodluck Jonathan by fasho01(m): 5:32am On Dec 01, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

El-Rufai: We Are Looking At Building Schools 30 Mins From Military Installations / Mohammed Jamiu Addresses Supporters, Asks Them To Remain Focused / Bomb Blast Near Emir's Palace In Yobe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.