Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. (1189 Views)

Pastor Success Sunday Forced To Marry Fiancée's Corpse Who Died During Abortion / Moment T.B. Joshua's Corpse Arrived The Synagogue (Video) / William Kosco: I Will Never Give Biden Communion, Over My Dead Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. by OneDollarSalary(m): 8:58am On Dec 01, 2018
Most people here might have one time if not, all the time notice that whenever, anytime a corpse/dead body is been transported, there is a bunch of leaves attached to the vehicle or anything that is transporting the dead body to either mortuary or to be buried.

The vehicle in which the relatives, neighbors and sympathisers are in, is not left out. You see it attached to it.
I have been wondering and I know some do too, as to what is the meaning behind this extraordinary phenomenon.
Is there any spiritual implication if leaf is not attached? Some say; there is going to be a disaster, likely accident.
Both religion (Christianity and Islam) practice this. I don't know if is permissible or somewhat significant to these religious.

Is these practice in other parts of the world? I only know about Nigeria.
What do you guys know about these?
Re: Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. by OneDollarSalary(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2018
Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove you guys have come across this one time or the other.

Ngadaawo grin, you from the part of the country where this practice usually happen
Re: Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. by mumureloaded(m): 9:18am On Dec 01, 2018
@ op when you live in village like I do, this won't be a question to you.

historically leaf and other material are form and mean of communication.

take for example, when you are leaving your place of work, mostly farm. all you need to do in order to inform others that you are not around anymore is leave some leaf there, just drop it on the ground.

or if you don't want people to trespass into your property, you use palm tree leaf¿ that's mean danger. so attaching leaf to vehicle used in conveying.......... is a way of informing people about the bad news or so they won't be disturb by the police or anybody.

if you notice you will see that the commonly used leaf is that of the palm tree. the reason is that it signify danger, sorrow and all that shīt.

it's just one of our culture that people don't let go but often time, they use wrong leaf to pass information.

they also use it when there is impending danger on the road like war, arm robbery, accident etc.

1 Like

Re: Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. by GOFRONT(m): 9:44am On Dec 01, 2018
Where are the Elders on this forum
Re: Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. by ngadaAwo: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2018
[s]
OneDollarSalary:
Cc: lalasticlala, ishilove you guys have come across this one time or the other.

Ngadaawo grin, you from the part of the country where this practice usually happen
[/s]
trash trash trash
Re: Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. by OneDollarSalary(m): 4:53pm On Jan 28, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Corpse/dead Body And Leaf. by niceguy555: 5:58am On Oct 24, 2020
mumureloaded:
@ op when you live in village like I do, this won't be a question to you.

historically leaf and other material are form and mean of communication.

take for example, when you are leaving your place of work, mostly farm. all you need to do in order to inform others that you are not around anymore is leave some leaf there, just drop it on the ground.

or if you don't want people to trespass into your property, you use palm tree leaf¿ that's mean danger. so attaching leaf to vehicle used in conveying.......... is a way of informing people about the bad news or so they won't be disturb by the police or anybody.

if you notice you will see that the commonly used leaf is that of the palm tree. the reason is that it signify danger, sorrow and all that shīt.

it's just one of our culture that people don't let go but often time, they use wrong leaf to pass information.

they also use it when there is impending danger on the road like war, arm robbery, accident etc.

True talk. You have explained it well

(1) (Reply)

Ja Funmi - Sunny Ade / If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? / Most Immoral Verse In The Quran?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.