Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy (34045 Views)

End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy / ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union / ASUU Strike: Nigerian Govt Orders Universities To Implement ‘no Work, No Pay’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2018
It's no longer news that the federal government have ordered all Vice Chancellor to enforce "No Work no pay" policy

In a reaction to the memo, the Chairman of University of Ibadan chapter of ASUU, Deji Omole, described the federal government as shameless for owing lecturers seven years of unpaid, earned academic allowances. He said despite the debt, the government still wants lecturers to continue to work while the presidency and the National Assembly ‘feed fat’ on the wealth of the nation.

Mr Omole in a statement made available to PREMIUM TIMES Friday evening said it is sad that a government that prides itself as having integrity has shown it lacks integrity by failing to honour agreements reached with the union. He said the government has resulted to harassment and intimidation of ASUU members on a patriotic struggle to save public education in Nigeria.

He said the “no work, no pay” directive will not deter the lecturers.

“We have passed this road before. It is a familiar terrain which we can navigate with our eyes closed.

“We shall triumph any attempt to destroy the common patrimony. The power of the people is stronger than the people in power, ” the lecturer said.

Source : https://www.collegegist.com.ng/p/138/ASUU-finally-reacts-to-federal-government-to-work-no-pay-pol

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by babyfaceafrica: 12:43pm On Dec 01, 2018
ASUU strike will last long this time

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by kaycexx(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2018
Mhen if that will make futo lecturers collect money for sorting, Carry go.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
When two elephants tussle...

We all know who suffers it in this case.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by DanDeeBoss(m): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2018
I just dey house dey watch drama..... cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by casspersteve: 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2018
Now I'm in Ed Sheeran body, it feels so good than in Chris Brown own WTF again now I'm Nigeria

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Pruwa: 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
This is just the best opportunity for students to a learn a skill because this strike will last for months!!!!

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Abusey(f): 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2018
I weep for this country

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by NettyNelly(m): 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2018
kaycexx:
Fellow Futo G goan read ur books ohh no sorting in futo

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by MrSix: 2:53pm On Dec 01, 2018
I just need mobilization next year as November didn't work out.
They can go ahead and strike more than Ronaldo.

Need a laptop?
Free delivery and pay on delivery within Lagos.
Nation wide delivery also available
Contact in my signature to chat me up

1 Like

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2018
Orla234:
When two elephants tussles tussle ...

We all know who suffers it in this case.

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Temple1288(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
Nigeria? A country demolished by it's citizens.
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2018
[quote author=ontarioissauga post=73463794][/quote]

Thanks dear. smiley
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by seuncyber(m): 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2018
Using students life play ping pong

1 Like

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Kseafresh: 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2018
NettyNelly:

Only ignorance can make u say this...if u know u know wink

1 Like

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by gayman99: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2018
The federal government should not forget that these are the same lecturers that will act as collating officers in the forthcoming elections. It's just like putting their destiny in the hands of these lecturers.

13 Likes

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Warship: 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2018
Pruwa:
This is just the best opportunity for students to a learn a skill because this strike will last for months!!!!

Babe, you too fine.

Which ethnic group of Nigeria do you belong to.?

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by kaycexx(m): 5:36pm On Dec 01, 2018
NettyNelly:

Abi, God is our strength.
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by pdf90(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2018
NettyNelly:

Who tell you that 1 ?
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by pdf90(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2018
Kseafresh:
Only ignorance can make u say this...if u know u know wink

Lol ... if you know you know
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by groundnutoil(m): 6:08pm On Dec 01, 2018
kaycexx:
menh I tell u especially my dept chemical engineering
I yaf sufa for that dept

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by fk001(m): 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2018
casspersteve:
Now I'm in Ed Sheeran body, it feels so good than in Chris Brown own WTF again now I'm Nigeria

It is a freaky year!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Lionsbet: 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2018
Nigeria is a sham. A country that has a Professor of Law who is the vice president take orders from someone who does not have a WAEC certificate.

Buhari's government has failed Nigerians, we slipped to the poverty capital of the world in his regime. If you vote him again, you are stupid.

In other news are you looking for a good betting website with amazing features, then you should bet with Lionsbet.

100% first deposit bonus up to 100k, cash back feature if one game cuts your ticket, cash out feature, accumulator bonus, Highest odds, Fastest payout, free browsing on MTN and so much more.

Link on my signature. Bet responsibly.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by yesloaded: 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2018
A responsible employer will take welfare of their staff serious!

Why would you enact such law?

Why doing what will makes workers go on strike?

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Santinojr: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
kaycexx:
Lol
Which department and level you dey?
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by itiswellandwell: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2018
Hmmmm. Education in Nigeria is like bet9ja.

Students, as you are home enjoying your time with your phone. Don't let the issue of not having a good charger to charge your phone ruin your enjoyment.

Have got original Samsung follow come fast adaptive charger for una. Check the link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4877441/original-follow-come-samsung-fast#73463857
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by oladele00(m): 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
Buhari is better than mouriho..

Like for buhari
Share for mouriho
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2018
NO WORK.... NO PAY
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by israelmao(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2018
I pity students
Re: ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy by gurunlocker: 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2018
Election is coming, not sure the government will have time for ASUU now.

Students better go and learn skill, you might be lucky to also find love during this period.

As it's stand, election is more paramount to this government than education. That's the shitty country we are in!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pupils Sitting On The Floor To Eat Food In Adamawa School (Photos) / Omolei Pelumi Ighoya: WAEC Result Of A Lagos Public Secondary School Student / Dangote Oil Refinery Absorbs 3 Consecutive Set Of ATBU Engineering Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.