Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,484 members, 7,801,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Vulture And The Little Girl - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Vulture And The Little Girl (432 Views)

Learn To Trust Yourself With The Little You Have. START NOW / The Little Known Secret To Writing A Bestseller Nonfiction Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Vulture And The Little Girl by henrydan(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2018
They cal it the story of the vulture and the little girl.

This photo of a vulture waiting for a starving Sudanese girl to die was taken by Kevin Carter who later won the Pulitzer for this picture, but he lived just few months to enjoy his supposed achievement because he later got depressed and took his own life.

He was actually savouring his feat and being celebrated on major news channels and networks world wide.

His depression started when during one of such interviews (phone in program) someone phoned on and asked him what happened to the child. He replied, “I didn’t wait to find out after this shot as I had a plane to catch.”…
And the person replied,
“I put it to you that there were two vultures on that day. One was only looking at that girl and One had a camera”.

He never could enjoy the game and money he achieved. The constant thought of that statement and his realisation that he did not bother to help that child, led to depression and his ultimate suicide.

In whatsoever we do, let humanity come first before what we can gain out of the situation.

Kevin Carter could have been alive today if he just picked that little girl up and taken her to the United Nation’s feeding Center where she was attempting to reach.

Let humanity come first and then our professionalism . We can be better humans if we open our eyes to see, open our ears to hear and open our mouth to speak for those who cannot.

1 Like

Re: The Vulture And The Little Girl by meobizy(f): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2018
What an old recycled story.
The little girl didn’t die. She either did later in life or has her own family now.
Re: The Vulture And The Little Girl by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 01, 2018
Hmmm . . .

(1) (Reply)

Best Ways To Find Jobs Online And Offline In 2019 / How Do I Monetize My Facebook Page / Please Kindly Help ... Depression Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.