Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire (30708 Views)

'Dressing Sexy' Is A Sin That Would Take You Straight To Hell! / Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / The "Small Sin" That Will Send The Most People To Hell-fire. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by donshady(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2018
missjane:

Dude relax. That God has been grossly misrepresented today by preachers who had no knowledge about who He is doesn't mean God is everything they portrayed him to be.

Same thing with our so called pastor. They turned everything upside down and the gullible ones will not use their head to think. So so bad.

1 Like

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by BiGVEEN58(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2018
Jayhazard:

You have a finite mind, just as the rest of us. Don't talk like you have been to the future and come back, or died and resurrected.
Whether you believe in Hell's existence or not, it changes nothing. God has revealed this truth to you, it's up to you to decide whether you'll believe or not.
How could you reject something as good as salvation? The fact that you lot go as far as trying to disprove the inerrancy of the bible reveals one thing: You just don't want to believe, because your heart is consumed with the cares of this world.

The bolded is actually you. You preach and predicts hell and creates a picture of it like you have been there. Its appalling and laughable at same time. Really?
Bro think for yourself. Everything you believe don’t make a single sense.

You all preach God like you can prove its existence. cheesy
I would like to meet you in person. I hate doing this text argument
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Luckyk(f): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2018
Jonathan:
Lmao Jesus Christ my foot
THAT WHY U ARE DULL.WALKING DEAD
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by alBHAGDADI: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2018
Jayhazard:
What is the core factor thay makes Christians sin after they have been saved?

It is the flesh that makes them sin. When a man is saved by Jesus, he gets a new spirit but his flesh remains the same. That flesh is prone to sin and temptation. It is in constant battle with the spirit.
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by donshady(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2018
Jonathan:

You will die before the end of this year .
Go and write down today’s date

If he doesn't die you're in problem.
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by stancydg: 11:26am On Dec 02, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Hell always sounded like a cynical marketing ploy designed to make people afraid to leave or displease the particular sect. And it seemed to really kill empathy - 'god says they burn, they burn' doesn't make me think of someone being full of love and compassion and all that.

Eternal punishment for finite transgressions always seemed abusive to me. How can someone look at the idea of a being who would condemn people to that and call it love?

Even when I was a Christian Hell was just too weird for me to accept. Infinite punishment for finite offenses is an eye for an eye on steroids. Punishing people for disobeying nit-picky rules makes God an abusive parent. One reason often given for punishment is to teach the offender not to offend again, but if punishment is eternal then how can the offender benefit from this teaching? Jesus is supposed to be into forgiveness but forgiveness shouldn't involve eternal suffering. Hell isn’t redemptive, it isn’t leading to repentance, it’s simply pain for pain’s sake.

I love this quote: “Heaven and hell seem out of proportion to me: the actions of men do not deserve so much.”

and of course I get the rationalisation of hell by Christians saying its moral accountability and saying bad people go to hell;
that's nonsense and they know it!!!

If Yahweh is real and omniscient, that means he already decided that we're going to hell before he even created us. But if this omniscient deity allows for deathbed conversions, then it doesn't matter what kind of life you lead. You could be a brutal dictator who massacred tens of millions of people, yet still get into heaven if you tell Jesus you're sorry. Your victims could all go to hell for eternity if they never repented. That's how bleeped up Christian morality is.

Maybe Christians can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the Christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many Christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But Christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending Christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?

Sir, it is the devil and not God, who wants humans to accompany him to hell, his final abode. He hates humans so much, just because God loves us so much to make us exactly like Him and because he knows, he knows he is under our feet, after losing his previous exalted position. God loves us so much He gave His only begotten son...He did that just so he could ensure no human follows the devil to his destination. The choice however, is yours. BE WISE!
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 02, 2018
BiGVEEN58:

The bolded is actually you. You preach and predicts hell and creates a picture of it like you have been there. Its appalling and laughable at same time. Really?
Bro think for yourself. Everything you believe don’t make a single sense.

You all preach God like you can prove its existence. cheesy
I would like to meet you in person. I hate doing this text argument
I may not have a physical proof of God's or Hell's existence, but I have a record of someone who has been there. That's a good reason for me to believe. The very fact that I can't always consciously control the happenings around me signals the possibility of the existence of someone greater; Someone invisible, someone infinite. This is where salvation requires faith. That's my proof and that's enough for me to believe.
You don't have any concrete evidence to disprove Hell's existence because you haven't been to the future and come back, or died and resurrected. In fact, that's very unscientific of you, to claim that something doesn't exist when you don't have a proof. Your logic is contradictory.
I really pray that your eyes become open so you'll know that life is beyond human reasoning.
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by finalboss(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2018
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by homebase(m): 11:29am On Dec 02, 2018
Please don't get it twisted. Africa is the hell fire while western world is the Paradise.

This my strong believe.
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by finalboss(m): 11:30am On Dec 02, 2018
allanphash7:
Lol

Hell fire ko hell water ni

Where is that hell fire situated sef
seriously i wanna visit that place

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by BlackManta(m): 11:32am On Dec 02, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I came across a thread on Nairaland where people debated the case of hellfire. Many wondered why God will send a liar or a pencil thief to the same fiery furnace as a mass murderer like Osama Bin Laden. To them, this is unfair and doesn't show God to be a just God. They say earthly judges don't even do such because they give sentences according to the degree of offence. They say "how come a loving God can't do the same but lumps every sinner with the same punishment?".

What do we know as sin? Lying, stealing, formication, adultery, murder etc. But do you know that those sins are not what actually send people to hell fire? If they are what send people to hell fire, then all humanity will end up there. But you say "what about the Christians?". They will end up there as well because they also commit the same sins.

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:10 - As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Can anyone show me that Christian who hasn't committed sin in the past one week? You can never find such a person, only a liar who thinks he's perfect. Now, since we are all sinners and are deserving of hell fire, why do Christians say they won't end up there but will be in heaven? Aren't we all committing the same sins?

As Christians, we have been made righteous by one man, the man Jesus Christ. That man has saved us from our unrighteousness and has taken upon himself our sins.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The simple thing we did to receive this free gift of salvation unto eternal life was our believe in Jesus Christ who was given by God to save mankind from their sins

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Mathew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

That single act of us believing in his word has kept us away from the condemnation of hell fire. We have eternal life because of Jesus Christ.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

We became sons of God because we believed in his name. And as sons of God, our Father's home in heaven is our home.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Yes, we may sin from time to time because we are in the flesh which is weak, but our spirit is saved for all eternity. Those sins cannot make us condemned or sent to hell fire, because Jesus said nothing can ever make him cast out all those who have come to him.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Nothing can make us lose that salvation. Nothing we do can ever separate us from God. Even if we want to leave God, he will not allow us to go because he's a mighty saviour. He is not like earthly Banks were whatever is saved can still get stolen or missing. Even thieves can hack banks and still your money. With God, you are totally safe and nothing, not even sin can pluck you out of his hands.

John 10:27-30
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Verse 29 says no man is able to pluck anyone Jesus saves out of his hand. This means you are forever saved and can't pluck yourself out no matter what you do. He's stronger than you.

You might say "does that mean I can go about sinning anyhow I like because heaven is guaranteed?" You can only go about sinning if you want to keep getting chastised and scourged by God. Remember he loves you because Jesus has given you the power to be his son.

Hebrews 12:6-11
6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

No matter how much God chastise and scourges you on earth, your salvation forever remains secured. Heaven is certain for you because Jesus already saved you. Can we all see how easy it is to receive Jesus? Isn't this the Good News we haven't heard in a while, that no matter what, we will make heaven if only we believe in Jesus Christ? Believe in Jesus is as simple as drinking a glass of water. It is as simple as smiling and having fun. Why would anyone now think it is difficult to the point that he now embraces the torment of hell fire for all eternity? Don't you know that rejection of Jesus Christ means condemnation for all eternity in the fiery furnace?

John 3:18
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Now, some people might want to play smart by saying they believe in Jesus. But do they know what believe in Jesus entails? They think believing in Jesus which gets you to heaven also entails their own personal works of righteousness. That's why they are led astray by the false gospel that says once you've accepted Jesus Christ, you have to keep going to church, stop smoking, avoid fornication and adultery etc. Don't get me wrong, these things are good but are not what get you to heaven. They don't even play an inch because Jesus Christ paid it all, he did it all on the across all by himself. Moreover, our works of righteousness are filthy rags before God.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags

Don't tell me you are banking on filthy rags to get you to heaven, a holy and clean place where God lives. Relying on your works makes you no different from the people that built the Tower of Babel. They thought their handwork could get them to heaven, that's why they built the Tower in an attempt to reach heaven. You are also no different from Cain who relied on his work of tilling the soil to produce what he will sacrifice to God, unlike his brother Abel who relied on the blood of the lamb alone, which is a representation of Jesus Christ. Mixing your works of righteousness with believe in Jesus also makes you no different from a Muslim who will say he also believes on Jesus, yet he mixes it with Islam.

Jesus paid it all and to him we owe it all. He gave us the gift of eternal life in salvation. It is nothing we ever did but simple believe in him.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Verse 9 says works doesn't save us. This means if you do all manner of good works without having faith in Jesus, you will still end up in hell fire. Otherwise, Rich men will be able to buy their way into heaven. All they just have to do is use their money for charity works like Bill Gates does. Your works don't get you into heaven, Jesus does. Not that works are not good, but works without faith in Jesus is dead works. If you have faith in Jesus and do good works, you will be rewarded here on Earth and also in heaven.

If you don't do works at all, you will still make heaven as long as you hold faith in Jesus Christ which is in itself righteousness.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Friends, the horror of hell fire is real. Don't let anyone deceive you. I was deceived by Jehovah's Witnesses that hell fire doesn't exist. I held that false believe for years until I got saved and my eyes became open to the truth. If hell fire is not real, then what is Jesus saving you from? As seen above, it is easy to accept Jesus and live with him. Please do that now to secure your eternity. May God touch your heart. Amen.

IG: InstaAlbhagdadi

What about our forefathers who died before the Christian missionaries came to Africa

Are they burning in hell for not accepting a Jesus they never heard of undecided

1 Like

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by SaturnNick(m): 11:35am On Dec 02, 2018
Interesting topic but too long. Any summary please?
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by bahaushe1: 11:40am On Dec 02, 2018
"No bearer of burden will carries the burden of another". Everyone for himself.

God is just and He will judge His creations with perfect justice.

Whoever sin it is left for God to forgives him or hold him to account.

Punishment and reward in the hereafter are in various stages and degrees.

There is punishment in the grave. There is punishment while crossing over the hellfire (everyone will cross over it). And there is the definitive punishment. Each of these stages is made up of various degrees.

Hellfire is made up of various degrees. The dwellers of hellfire will be thrown into it through different gates. The gates determine the severity of that portion of the fire.

" No bearer of burden will carries the burden of another ". Whoever does righteous deed is for himself and whoever does evil deed is for himself.
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by donshady(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2018
Jonathan:

You will die before the end of this year .
Go and write down today’s date

This is a psycho. grin grin cheesy
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by BlackManta(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus came to die for sinners, even the worst of them all. If someone like shekau or Osama bin laden suddenly believed in Jesus Christ the right way it ought to be, he will make heaven irrespective of the magnitude of his sins.

Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Now, for you born into a Christians home, that doesn't make you a Christian. Being a Christian is believe in Jesus only. With that, you are not condemned.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Search your heart and believe in Jesus alone.Please read the OP again because salvation cam be found in it.

A serial rapist who rapes hundred people can accept Jesus on his death bed and he goes straight to heaven.

But a born again Christian who spends most of his life serving God can commit one sin on his death bed and he goes straight to hell.

So this is how fuçked up Christian morality is.. undecided

1 Like

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Jonadull: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2018
donshady:

This is a psycho. grin grin cheesy
grin grin
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by BiGVEEN58(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2018
Jayhazard:

I may not have a physical proof of God's or Hell's existence, but I have a record of someone who has been there. That's a good reason for me to believe. The very fact that I can't always consciously control the happenings around me signals the possibility of the existence of someone greater; Someone invisible, someone infinite. This is where salvation requires faith. That's my proof and that's enough for me to believe.
You don't have any concrete evidence to disprove Hell's existence because you haven't been to the future and come back, or died and resurrected. In fact, that's very unscientific of you, to claim that something doesn't exist when you don't have a proof. Your logic is contradictory.
I really pray that your eyes become open so you'll know that life is beyond human reasoning.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I didnt read past the bolded cos thats where I realised i have been arguing with a PIPE cheesy
Bye
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2018
BlackManta:

What about our forefathers who died before the Christian missionaries came to Africa

Are they burning in hell for not accepting a Jesus they never heard of undecided
Lol you didn't live with them, you were not there when they were born or at any stage in their lives. Even the people you know personally, you don't spend ALL of your time with them, you don't know what goes on in their minds. Thus, you can't always tell what goes on around people.
God has diverse ways of revealing Himself to people. The thing is, many of us don't consider Him well enough, to believe. When God reveals Himself to people and they show a willingness to believe Him, seek and get to know Him more, He will continue to reveal the multifaceted nature of Himself to them.
Please read this article for detailed explanations
https://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Rolly22(m): 11:49am On Dec 02, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Hell always sounded like a cynical marketing ploy designed to make people afraid to leave or displease the particular sect. And it seemed to really kill empathy - 'god says they burn, they burn' doesn't make me think of someone being full of love and compassion and all that.

Eternal punishment for finite transgressions always seemed abusive to me. How can someone look at the idea of a being who would condemn people to that and call it love?

Even when I was a Christian Hell was just too weird for me to accept. Infinite punishment for finite offenses is an eye for an eye on steroids. Punishing people for disobeying nit-picky rules makes God an abusive parent. One reason often given for punishment is to teach the offender not to offend again, but if punishment is eternal then how can the offender benefit from this teaching? Jesus is supposed to be into forgiveness but forgiveness shouldn't involve eternal suffering. Hell isn’t redemptive, it isn’t leading to repentance, it’s simply pain for pain’s sake.

I love this quote: “Heaven and hell seem out of proportion to me: the actions of men do not deserve so much.”

and of course I get the rationalisation of hell by Christians saying its moral accountability and saying bad people go to hell;

If Yahweh is real and omniscient, that means he already decided that we're going to hell before he even created us. But if this omniscient deity allows for deathbed conversions, then it doesn't matter what kind of life you lead. You could be a brutal dictator who massacred tens of millions of people, yet still get into heaven if you tell Jesus you're sorry. Your victims could all go to hell for eternity if they never repented. That's how bleeped up Christian morality is.

Maybe Christians can answer a few questions for me. The Bible says that there is ONLY ONE way to get into Heaven: by accepting salvation through Jesus.

So it follows that the Christians who ran the Nazi death camps can get into heaven. But their 6 million Jewish victims must burn for all eternity in the pits of Hell. I've talked to many Christians about this and they just pretty much accept it.

My questions are:

1. How f***ed up do you have to be to believe Nazis can go to Heaven but their 6 million Jewish victims must burn? That's just sick. But Christians believe it. What the f*** is wrong with you people?

2. Why would ANYONE willingly worship a god that would act like that? Is it just a fear thing (better known as cowardice)? And

3. Even if you get into Heaven what makes you think you'll be safe with a psycho god like that running the place? What's to stop your god getting a wild hair up his ass one day and sending Christians to a place so bad it makes Hell look like an ice cream parlor? He used to like the Jews too. Or so the story claims. What makes you think you're safe?

Sound Reasoning from a Sound mind
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Awesome01(m): 11:50am On Dec 02, 2018
lawjjj:
heretic! a soul that sins goes to hell! stop sugarcoating it making yourselves comfortable in your weakness

And you can say before God and man that you have not directly or indirectly committed any sin for the past one year.

Are you perfect?

1 Like

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by cardiak(m): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2018
after thousand millions sin committed by mankind on daily basis God is indeed a merciful God

1 Like

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Preciousgirl(f): 11:54am On Dec 02, 2018
If u are still in sin and comfort able then u don't believe in Jesus

Simple

Check my signature

1 Like

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 02, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I came across a thread on Nairaland where people debated the case of hellfire. Many wondered why God will send a liar or a pencil thief to the same fiery furnace as a mass murderer like Osama Bin Laden. To them, this is unfair and doesn't show God to be a just God. They say earthly judges don't even do such because they give sentences according to the degree of offence. They say "how come a loving God can't do the same but lumps every sinner with the same punishment?".

What do we know as sin? Lying, stealing, formication, adultery, murder etc. But do you know that those sins are not what actually send people to hell fire? If they are what send people to hell fire, then all humanity will end up there. But you say "what about the Christians?". They will end up there as well because they also commit the same sins.

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 3:10 - As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Can anyone show me that Christian who hasn't committed sin in the past one week? You can never find such a person, only a liar who thinks he's perfect. Now, since we are all sinners and are deserving of hell fire, why do Christians say they won't end up there but will be in heaven? Aren't we all committing the same sins?

As Christians, we have been made righteous by one man, the man Jesus Christ. That man has saved us from our unrighteousness and has taken upon himself our sins.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The simple thing we did to receive this free gift of salvation unto eternal life was our believe in Jesus Christ who was given by God to save mankind from their sins

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Mathew 1:21
And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

That single act of us believing in his word has kept us away from the condemnation of hell fire. We have eternal life because of Jesus Christ.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

We became sons of God because we believed in his name. And as sons of God, our Father's home in heaven is our home.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Yes, we may sin from time to time because we are in the flesh which is weak, but our spirit is saved for all eternity. Those sins cannot make us condemned or sent to hell fire, because Jesus said nothing can ever make him cast out all those who have come to him.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Nothing can make us lose that salvation. Nothing we do can ever separate us from God. Even if we want to leave God, he will not allow us to go because he's a mighty saviour. He is not like earthly Banks were whatever is saved can still get stolen or missing. Even thieves can hack banks and still your money. With God, you are totally safe and nothing, not even sin can pluck you out of his hands.

John 10:27-30
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one.

Verse 29 says no man is able to pluck anyone Jesus saves out of his hand. This means you are forever saved and can't pluck yourself out no matter what you do. He's stronger than you.

You might say "does that mean I can go about sinning anyhow I like because heaven is guaranteed?" You can only go about sinning if you want to keep getting chastised and scourged by God. Remember he loves you because Jesus has given you the power to be his son.

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

No matter how much God chastise and scourges you on earth, your salvation forever remains secured. Heaven is certain for you because Jesus already saved you. Can we all see how easy it is to receive Jesus? Isn't this the Good News we haven't heard in a while, that no matter what, we will make heaven if only we believe in Jesus Christ? Believe in Jesus is as simple as drinking a glass of water. It is as simple as smiling and having fun. Why would anyone now think it is difficult to the point that he now embraces the torment of hell fire for all eternity? Don't you know that rejection of Jesus Christ means condemnation for all eternity in the fiery furnace?

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Now, some people might want to play smart by saying they believe in Jesus. But do they know what believe in Jesus entails? They think believing in Jesus which gets you to heaven also entails their own personal works of righteousness. That's why they are led astray by the false gospel that says once you've accepted Jesus Christ, you have to keep going to church, stop smoking, avoid fornication and adultery etc. Don't get me wrong, these things are good but are not what get you to heaven. They don't even play an inch because Jesus Christ paid it all, he did it all on the across all by himself. Moreover, our works of righteousness are filthy rags before God.

Isaiah 64:6
But we are all as an unclean thing , and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags

Don't tell me you are banking on filthy rags to get you to heaven, a holy and clean place where God lives. Relying on your works makes you no different from the people that built the Tower of Babel. They thought their handwork could get them to heaven, that's why they built the Tower in an attempt to reach heaven. You are also no different from Cain who relied on his work of tilling the soil to produce what he will sacrifice to God, unlike his brother Abel who relied on the blood of the lamb alone, which is a representation of Jesus Christ. Mixing your works of righteousness with believe in Jesus also makes you no different from a Muslim who will say he also believes on Jesus, yet he mixes it with Islam.

Jesus paid it all and to him we owe it all. He gave us the gift of eternal life in salvation. It is nothing we ever did but simple believe in him.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Verse 9 says works doesn't save us. This means if you do all manner of good works without having faith in Jesus, you will still end up in hell fire. Otherwise, Rich men will be able to buy their way into heaven. All they just have to do is use their money for charity works like Bill Gates does. Your works don't get you into heaven, Jesus does. Not that works are not good, but works without faith in Jesus is dead works. If you have faith in Jesus and do good works, you will be rewarded here on Earth and also in heaven.

If you don't do works at all, you will still make heaven as long as you hold faith in Jesus Christ which is in itself righteousness.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Friends, the horror of hell fire is real. Don't let anyone deceive you. I was deceived by Jehovah's Witnesses that hell fire doesn't exist. I held that false believe for years until I got saved and my eyes became open to the truth. If hell fire is not real, then what is Jesus saving you from? As seen above, it is easy to accept Jesus and live with him. Please do that now to secure your eternity. May God touch your heart. Amen.

IG: InstaAlbhagdadi

Op, your name alone is haram to the post. Do you know the evil that Albhagdadi did to Christians in the middle east?
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Evidenx(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Have you been there before? How did you know? Don't start with bible verses. Just answer my questions directly.
my answer to u is in my write up
"I SPEAK BY REVELATION".
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by JustMercy: 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2018
bigfrancis21:

Have you been there before? How did you know? Don't start with bible verses. Just answer my questions directly.

You will be answered using Bible because it is through the Bible we came to know about God, Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, righteousness, sin , love, heaven, hell etc.
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by BlackManta(m): 12:04pm On Dec 02, 2018
Jayhazard:

Lol you didn't live with them, you were not there when they were born or at any stage in their lives. Even the people you know personally, you don't spend ALL of your time with them, you don't know what goes on in their minds. Thus, you can't always tell what goes on around people.
God has diverse ways of revealing Himself to people. The thing is, many of us don't consider Him well enough, to believe. When God reveals Himself to people and they show a willingness to believe Him, seek and get to know Him more, He will continue to reveal the multifaceted nature of Himself to them.
Please read this article for detailed explanations
https://www.gotquestions.org/never-heard.html

So you are saying that God revealed himself to our forefathers before the missionaries came

Do you have any historical fact to prove this. undecided

I didn't live with my ancestors but I know how they lived, their way of life, their culture, their beliefs.

These are things we find in history books.
Stories about your ancestors were also passed down through word of the mouth from generation to generation.

I'm sorry if you don't know anything about your ancestors but I know mine.

They did not worship the Christian God cuz they don't know anything about him.
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by Evince(m): 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2018
Don't mind the stupidity of religion. Each religion is as funny as the other.
hopefulLandlord:

My questions are:

Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by tgmservice: 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2018
U are highly stupid
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by nwanyionitsha: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Yes, but know that God your Father is watching you and is ever ready to punish you for it because he loves you like a father would. Now, do you want God to continue punishing you because you want to sin?

What if the christian dies in sin ? Eg, lied, dies by say gunshot wound without repenting.
Re: It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire by THUNDER4real(m): 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
tstx:
Don't deceive yourself bro.... Purgatory exists for a reason... You that stole from your moms purse wont spend eternity in hell with Abubakar shekau or hitler..,pray for enlightenment.
Where is purgatory? Ur backyard? hahaha, If u prove it from the bible, ur right. The bible mentioned only heaven and hell. Please stop deceiving yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oritsejafor Gets Private-Jet As Birthday Gift From Church Members-(pics) / Paul Enenche Slams Femi Adesina Over ‘Land For Life Comment’ / One Day I Will Challenge BISHOP OYEDEPO On A Sunday Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.