Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next (47621 Views)

In Japan, 1 In 4 Singles In Their 30s Doesn't Want To Get Married: See Why / Woman Shocked To Discover Her Boyfriend Of Two Years Just Got Married. See His E / Nigerian Lady Tries To Get Sugar Daddy On Facebook, See What Happened Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Judybash93(m): 10:41am On Dec 03, 2018
IamD18:
Her manner of reply further explains the reason why men are running away from her.

She's obviously a sexual object for "Chop and Clean mouth" type of guyz.

Men are wicked shaa cry
They don't want to marry her cry

Man! Where on earth did you come up with this assumption?
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Judybash93(m): 10:42am On Dec 03, 2018
don4real18:
A disrespectful lady. I advise all men to stay away from her before she replies your parents disrespectfully on a different matter

Well, you can't sum up her entire life just from a single tweet. You don't know her

3 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Judybash93(m): 10:44am On Dec 03, 2018
lilmax:
if I talk now, them go say I talk

well men should spot a disrespectful woman when ever they see one

this one will kill your marriage

its very easy to tell why she isn't married

I don't think a single tweet can justify your point
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Judybash93(m): 10:45am On Dec 03, 2018
Warship:
No wonder she never marry.

Just say, thank you and ignore your aunty instead of reminding her of her daughter's misfortune.

Good point though

3 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by streamsofjoy(f): 10:47am On Dec 03, 2018
IamD18:
Her manner of reply further explains the reason why men are running away from her.

Men are wicked shaa cry

OMH! Women are suffering, to think that this comment has so many likes.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Toks2008(m): 10:48am On Dec 03, 2018
koyyes:

The content of your epistle is far from being objective. I say so because even married and single people ( male and female) say the same thing.

My question is why do you have a problem with females making the same statements? Probably they trigger the same fear in males like you who need females to crave after them in order to feel relevant.

I will advice you to build your life around something more productive.

I have come to realize that it is better not to respond to some lame comments on nairaland but at the same time i believe there are reasonable people who want to learn hence the reason why i respond sometimes.

@ the embolden,you really got me cracking there cos i really dont see the correlation of that foolish comment to the topic at hand,,apparently you are not intellectually sound enough for me to have a healthy discussion with. I am fully productive at my age and i could help make your life productive too if you dont mind.

Have a great day and only quote me if you are mature enough to discuss intellectually.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Toks2008(m): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2018
Saffi:
This whole a ‘ man can choose to be a good or bad, but a woman must be respectful to keep her home’ is one of the reasons why I don’t like to entertain your comments. You come across very misogynistic, entitled and biased. What is wrong is wrong, I never agreed with the lady, I only spoke on an issue regarding the topic. However I do feel like respect is reciprocal, as an elder you must learn to respect other people’s privacy, marriage is a very sensitive topic, don’t poke nose in everything. A woman’s goal in life is not to keep her home, and men should also learn the basics of respect and integrity, don’t lay the emphasis only on women. Both genders need to be respectful to keep relationships.

Did you just make that embolden comment? poking nose on a thread that is up for discussion.. Are you for real? Anyways let me make this last comment for the purpose of people who want to learn a thing or two.

We live in a wicked,uncaring and unjust world of men and the sexuality of a man can never be the same as the woman. The day any lady understands this is the day she gets liberated from perpetual self destruct as a result of subliminal feminism.

Have a great day.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 03, 2018
I was talking in regards to the Aunty. Poking your nose in a situation not related to you, is very disrespectful.

Toks truly wisdom is not associated with age. Respect and good character is not affliated to the female gender alone, it’s a basic human etiquette that both genders must have. Feminism has nothing to do with this. I agree, men and women are not the same, however you do not justify stupid behaviour from men, claiming they can get away with it because of their gender. I’m sorry but you need to grow up, no offence.
Toks2008:

Did you just make that embolden comment? poking nose on a thread that is up for discussion.. Are you for real? Anyways let me make this last comment for the purpose of people who want to learn a thing or two.

We live in a wicked,uncaring and unjust world of men and the sexuality of a man can never be the same as the woman. The day any lady understands this is the day she gets liberated from perpetual self destruct as a result of subliminal feminism.

Have a great day.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2018
Toks2008:

I have come to realize that it is better not to respond to some lame comments on nairaland but at the same time i believe there are reasonable people who want to learn hence the reason why i respond sometimes.

@ the embolden,you really got me cracking there cos i really dont see the correlation of that foolish comment to the topic at hand,,apparently you are not intellectually sound enough for me to have a healthy discussion with. I am fully productive at my age and i could help make your life productive too if you dont mind.

Have a great day and only quote me if you are mature enough to discuss intellectually.

When their weaknesses have been pointed out to their very faces, they result to insults and then, violence. Very typical of the negro male folks.

I know your type. Males with egos so large but not able to produce just one tooth pick. Anyone can come to Nairaland and claim anything.

I feel sorry for you. grin
Toks2008:

When their weaknesses have been pointed out to their very faces, they result to insults and then, violence. Very typical of the negro male folks.

I know your type. Males with egos so large but not able to produce just one tooth pick. Anyone can come to Nairaland and claim anything.

I feel sorry for you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 03, 2018
FlyingTOMATOE:
hello
Hi, FlyingTOMATOE!!! cheesy
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by jaxxy(m): 11:33am On Dec 03, 2018
Saffi:
Yeah. But the quality of men and women in this generation are nothing to write home about. That’s why it’s harder for serious people to settle down, it’s not their faults.

Agreed bt it’s same thing for the quality of women. If Ure not getting the quality u want check urself or what Ure doing wrongly. There are always good people out there.
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 03, 2018
Very true. Or sometimes you just have to be patient, good things are hard to find.
jaxxy:

Agreed bt it’s same thing for the quality of women. If Ure not getting the quality u want check urself or what Ure doing wrongly. There are always good people out there.
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Yeraa(f): 11:38am On Dec 03, 2018
The aunt got what she deserves to be honest. Who calls under the guise of well wishing to tell you to be serious and get married? Will she help fund the wedding? Will she stick up for her when she tables her marital issues before the family? And to think her own child is with a violent husband yet her nieces spinsterhood is what bothers her.
On a different note, I don't buy into this respect your elders no matter what song. If you give garbage get ready to receive it. I won't swallow rubbish because you are older by a century. I believe in respecting everyone but these so called elders shouldn't be immune to consequences. Since I am an adult, I expect to be treated,respected and regarded as one. Older relatives cheat and ride on younger ones yet expect them to keep quiet or forget about it because of "respect" and "family". That's actually suppression and oppression,two pillars of our society. Protect your peace of mind first before elders.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by figment232(m): 11:39am On Dec 03, 2018
That is how one was pressuring another lady about Marriage meanwhile she has only 1 child for her husband for the past 13years of being married.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 03, 2018
her reply though...Savage
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by lookingfly: 11:50am On Dec 03, 2018
That gal na savage queen grin
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by jaxxy(m): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2018
Saffi:
Very true. Or sometimes you just have to be patient, good things are hard to find.

Bt don’t be patient without a plan. smiley
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by delishpot: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
Women with loose tongues these days sha.
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2018
Dat aunty is mad! N dos guys insulting her here ar also mad ,can u imagine

We ladies have suffered ,no problm ...imagine a lady who is battling loneliness, lack of finance n so many horrible tins n her bastard aunty is using idea 2 mock her... Igbo aunties ar d most wicked,cunny n evil minded in nigeria...anyi ma ndi ha bu inukwa

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by husbandsnatcha(f): 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
delishpot:
Women with loose tongues these days sha.
mind urself cos u dnt knw wat we pass through ,

Pray 2 God nt 2 make u a female in ur 2nd life
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by IMASTEX: 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2018
PharmaGirl:
grin cheesy cheesy
Seriously there's no need for her to apologize but then this is Africa.
Over sabi aunty remove the log in your eye first.
It takes a day to be married. But it takes a live time to remain married.
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by AnuliKay: 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2018
Its sad that family members feel a need to pressure young girls even when they have people in marital bondage.

South Africans are quite angry after the Global Citizen Festival:

Yesterday, the Global Citizen Festival held at the FNB Stadium in Johanesburg, South Africa. It featured a ton of African and Global Superstars including Beyonce and her husband, Jay Z. Hosted by Bonang Matheba, and well attended by celebrities across the world, it was a great event.

Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. It is disheartening to note that after such an amazing event, disaster struck. According to reports, the South African police were busy safeguarding the bigwigs and exposed thousands of attendees to mayhem.

Read more: https://kaynuli.com/south-africans-are-quite-angry-after-the-global-citizen-festival/

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2018
That's a bad response and it says a lot why she's still single at such an old age. She must have passed the normal thresold age for her to be reminded of such. And it takes a caring family member to still have the time to remind her that "Time waits for no man"

My instinct tells me that vast majority of female folks supporting her rude and disrespectful behaviour would be aged 30 and above. It's not because they re happy with their situations but because they feel they have found a new way of staying relevant.

Ladies, take it or leave it, if you are 30 years and above and still single, you are not just outdated but also expired. There's no hope for you because you are worthless; no amount of 'waiting for the right time' would save your situation.

We guys have found new life and bright future in young girls. Gone are those days when age matters in choosing partners, not anymore. Young girls understand, live and give it far better than the old cargoes. It just a pity how the tide has turned. cry

1 Like

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by mechanics(m): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2018
hmmmm, she went too far, she must not say it to her face but rather pray for her aunt sister's husband to change.
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by davo4luv: 2:41pm On Dec 03, 2018
naxo dem go say her own too much
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by lepasharon(f): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
don4real18:
A disrespectful lady. I advise all men to stay away from her before she replies your parents disrespectfully on a different matter

Gtfoh. Why is it seen as disrespectful when you hit a Nigerian elder with facts?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by placeofallure(f): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2018
IamD18:

Men are wicked shaa cry

I wish I can like your post over and over
The Twitter lady is stupid and many people like her saw nothing wrong in her response.
As a matter of fact, the cousin might have taken her time and the man still turned out to be an abuser.
Also, the aunty might be making efforts to help her daughter with her marriage. That you care about your child doesn't mean there's no more room for other children in the family.
This is Africa, we even care for children that are not family, let alone family.
For women, the biological clock does not wait! Let her be forming slay until there are no more wares in her shop.

In my opinion, she said too much! She should just jejely go and apologise to that well meaning aunty.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by don4real18(m): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2018
lepasharon:

Gtfoh. Why is it seen as disrespectful when you hit a Nigerian elder with facts?
So, you cannot make your point without harsh words. I wouldn't be surprised if you also possess such character since you are defending her.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by PDPGuy: 4:05pm On Dec 03, 2018
figment232:
That is how one was pressuring another lady about Marriage meanwhile she has only 1 child for her husband for the past 13years of being married.

Do you know whether they agreed to have only one child?
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by PDPGuy: 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
IFearGod:
That's a bad response and it says a lot why she's still single at such an old age. She must have passed the normal thresold age for her to be reminded of such. And it takes a caring family member to still have the time to remind her that "Time waits for no man"

My instinct tells me that vast majority of female folks supporting her rude and disrespectful behaviour would be aged 30 and above. It's not because they re happy with their situations but because they feel they have found a new way of staying relevant.

Ladies, take it or leave it, if you are 30 years and above and still single, you are not just outdated but also expired. There's no hope for you because you are worthless; no amount of 'waiting for the right time' would save your situation.

We guys have found new life and bright future in young girls. Gone are those days when age matters in choosing partners, not anymore. Young girls understand, live and give it far better than the old cargoes. It just a pity how the tide has turned. cry

Sir, women and men should be left to decide for themselves when they choose to get married. If someone says he/she wants to marry at the age of 32 or 35, let them be. Moreover, women in their early 40s or late 30s are still fertile and can conceive a baby.

However, he reply to her aunt was rude and a bit over the top. She could have replied in a firm but polite manner.

1 Like

Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by figment232(m): 4:15pm On Dec 03, 2018
PDPGuy:

Do you know whether they agreed to have only one child?
no they did not agree.
Re: Lady Gives It To An Aunty Pressuring Her To Get Married. See What Happened Next by Alezy(m): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
Reply made my day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Disadvantage Of Being Disvirgined Before Marriage. / Nigerian Lady Called Out For Not Being Married At 33 Replies Her Critics - Photo / Couple Rock Shorts In Pre-Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.