Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal (2358 Views)

Moment Dogs Observed A Moment Of Prayer Before Eating Their Meal (Photos, Video) / Pls Help My Samoyed Is Not Eating For Days / Boerbel VS German Shepherd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2018
I really need ur help guys my dog needs to eat , even when served with rice(jollof) she would only eat the biscuit bones and drink her water ..she won't touch the rice ... but funny her she would finish coaster biscuits when served ..imagine
she just finished 200 naira biscuit Within 5mins..but I think coaster biscuits can't sustain her.

Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by IamPlato(m): 7:28pm On Dec 02, 2018
Your Dog Is Frustrated with The Situation Buhari put Us... She Can No Longer See The Rice Only The Bone... Thats How Bad It Is. The Matter Just Taya The Dog

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2018
IamPlato:
Your Dog Is Frustrated with The Situation Buhari put Us... She Can No Longer See The Rice Only The Bone... Thats How Bad It Is. The Matter Just Taya The Dog
oga u jst want 2 comment
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by MajorLanister: 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2018
Nice dog... It looks like she's becoming lean as a result... Try deworming her and give her some multi vitamins and if buoyant enough, u can as well change her diet but not biscuits.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by IamPlato(m): 9:57pm On Dec 02, 2018
temitopteas:

oga u jst want 2 comment
i Am Telling You What Your Dog Is Going Through and You Say I Just Want To Comment.
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by wizeking(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2018
go to vet shop buy antibiotics ad don't give ur dog too much bone ad take d dog out for walking
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 3:10am On Dec 03, 2018
wizeking:
go to vet shop buy antibiotics ad don't give ur dog too much bone ad take d dog out for walking
I will thanks bro
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 3:13am On Dec 03, 2018
there is this dog food called crunches here in Lagos state but the price no be here ... abeg who fit prescribe any other trusted and tested dog foods with lesser amount .. a friend of mine said the dog is tired of those usual foods (how true is dis)and wants to try new feed
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by agboedeh: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2018
since u said she is eating coaster biscuit then maybe she is just tired of d food u give her. Try a change of meal,maybe rice with palmoil mixed with fish or chicken intestine or Can food.

u can also deworm and give multivitamin tablets to boast appetite

And pls avoid giving ur dog cooked bones
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 1:38pm On Dec 03, 2018
agboedeh:
since u said she is eating coaster biscuit then maybe she is just tired of d food u give her. Try a change of meal,maybe rice with palmoil mixed with fish or chicken intestine or Can food.

u can also deworm and give multivitamin tablets to boast appetite

And pls avoid giving ur dog cooked bones
pls can u explain better, cos she loves cooked bones
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by agboedeh: 3:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
temitopteas:

pls can u explain better, cos she loves cooked bones
there are a lot of thing ur dog likes that isn't good for them. For example,my dog loves cooked onions but I don't give him or mix with his food since i learnt it is very toxic for dogs. When bones are cooked they become sharp and can cause damages to the teeth, throat etc .it can cause internal injuries as well.
I won't be surprised if dats wats causing d loss of appetite in ur dog. pls try as much as possible to avoid it no matter hw much ur dog likes it.
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by MajorLanister: 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2018
agboedeh:
there are a lot of thing ur dog likes that isn't good for them. For example,my dog loves cooked onions but I don't give him or mix with his food since i learnt it is very toxic for dogs. When bones are cooked they become sharp and can cause damages to the teeth, throat etc .it can cause internal injuries as well.
I won't be surprised if dats wats causing d loss of appetite in ur dog. pls try as much as possible to avoid it no matter hw much ur dog likes it.

Very correct. And that's why this forum is available for questions to be asked by dog owners... Cooked chicken /Turkey bones, chocolate(milo, bornvita, coffee), garlic, pepper, onion, Kola aren't good for dogs.

@Temitopteas I expect by now u should have deowrmed and given her the antibiotics... So what's the feedback?
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by MajorLanister: 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2018
Go through this thread, u will find it insightful...

https://www.nairaland.com/4649994/how-prepare-dog-food
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 11:34am On Dec 04, 2018
MajorLanister:

Very correct. And that's why this forum is available for questions to be asked by dog owners... Cooked chicken /Turkey bones, chocolate(milo, bornvita, coffee), garlic, pepper, onion, Kola aren't good for dogs.

@Temitopteas I expect by now u should have deowrmed and given her the antibiotics... So what's the feedback?
yes I did some days back and she started eating like before but I think she is just tired of the old foods cos I tried giving her d rice and fish of a tin she only touched the fish .
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 11:34am On Dec 04, 2018
MajorLanister:
Go through this thread, u will find it insightful...

https://www.nairaland.com/4649994/how-prepare-dog-food
thanks .noted

1 Like

Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:15am On Dec 05, 2018
Get her crunches and thank me later
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
Get her crunches and thank me later
I was in d place 2day and d prices ranges from 8-13k I just mellow cos I dnt knw what makes the 15k better than that of 8k... pls any boerbel breeder can u pls drop ur WhatsApp contacts
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2018
temitopteas:

I was in d place 2day and d prices ranges from 8-13k I just mellow cos I dnt knw what makes the 15k better than that of 8k... pls any boerbel breeder can u pls drop ur WhatsApp contacts
What's the size?? And what type of product is it?? if possible you can send the pictures of the product. Be very careful, fake ones are very common
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by space9880: 5:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
temitopteas:
I really need ur help guys my dog needs to eat , even when served with rice(jollof) she would only eat the biscuit bones and drink her water ..she won't touch the rice ... but funny her she would finish coaster biscuits when served ..imagine
she just finished 200 naira biscuit Within 5mins..but I think coaster biscuits can't sustain her.

I've always known boerboels to be heavy eaters I wonder why yours is not eating if it is a new development something need to be done like going to see a vet but if that is how she has been you were quiet for too long but anyway I hope you get a solution soon
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by GRACEGLORY: 6:26pm On Dec 05, 2018
temitopteas:

All you need do is get the guy hungry; boy get a tab of super appetite, crush it to powder and add to pieces of meat or something she's been eating and give her Oreptal for multivitamins, after an hour, serve her those foods she wouldn't eat. If she doesn't eat after 20 minutes, take the food away, until another one hour and repeat the previous. She would eventually eat it due to serious hunger. Do this for 7 days, and she will eventually get used to the foods, and feed on them.
Don't use the drug to fatten her.
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
What's the size?? And what type of product is it?? if possible you can send the pictures of the product. Be very careful, fake ones are very common
I will do that tomorrow thanks boss
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
GRACEGLORY:

All you need do is get the guy hungry; boy get a tab of super appetite, crush it to powder and add to pieces of meat or something she's been eating and give her Oreptal for multivitamins, after an hour, serve her those foods she wouldn't eat. If she doesn't eat after 20 minutes, take the food away, until another one hour and repeat the previous. She would eventually eat it due to serious hunger. Do this for 7 days, and she will eventually get used to the foods, and feed on them.
Don't use the drug to fatten her.
thanks ..pls and how do I administer the oreptal
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by GRACEGLORY: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2018
temitopteas:

Use a 10ml syringe
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by GRACEGLORY: 10:23am On Dec 08, 2018
How's your dog now, started to eat?
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by temitopteas: 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
thanks boss all tenks 2 u all.. pls drop ur watsapp contacts
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by Favourdman: 11:10pm On Sep 09, 2022
Hi bro, you sent me a dm reach me here
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by Favourdman: 11:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
temitopteas:

Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by Favourdman: 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2022
temitopteas:
thanks boss all tenks 2 u all.. pls drop ur watsapp contacts
Reach me here
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by harmargedon: 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2022
temitopteas:
since 2018 grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pls Help My Boerbel Is Not Eating ...except Her Bone Meal by harmargedon: 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2022
Favourdman:

Reach me here
you're replying a 2018 topic grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

The Real life Story Of Bingo / I Was Baffled Seeing A Full Load Of Dogs In A Bus(pic) / Hello Guys.. What Food Can I Give To My Caucasian Puppy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.