Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together (9072 Views)

Volvo Enthusiasts Association Nigeria "2021 Annual Get Together". / Pics From 2019 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting/get Together / BMW E60 And E90 Owners/enthusiasts' Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by antagonist: 3:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Should be Geely Enthusiasts Meeting anyway. grin

I have discovered that the volvo man has a deep seated persecution syndrome, maybe from something that happened in his younger years, if you check he always likes to make it seem like everybody is attacking him always and it's like it has become borderline paranoia, people like that tend to be narcissistic, if you check his stuff you will see he always finds somehow to make everything about him even when it is not

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 3:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
antagonist:

I have discovered that the volvo man has a deep seated persecution syndrome, maybe from something that happened in his younger years, if you check he always likes to make it seem like everybody is attacking him always and it's like it has become borderline paranoia, people like that tend to be narcissistic, if you check his stuff you will see he always finds somehow to make everything about him even when it is not

Can confirm most of these, although I believe he should be excused on the grounds of his knighthood. A Knight must defend his liege lord to the very death.

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

"I absolutely detest Volvo's design language of this generation. They're still safe, comfortable, and reliable cars, though."

That was what I said months ago. That is what I still say. I've never once changed my tune. Your screenshot only proves my point.

A Lexus is a glorified plastic? Ok, mate.

Which point are you proving, when you come to say rubbish on my ad? Was that thread a thread debating Volvo cars vs toyota?

Keep digging your grave, you say its fun winding me up? I'm not a random guy talking about a car he loves, I post a car to sale and you come to spoil my sales and you say "its fun winding volvo man up ".

Are you saying that trying to dent a fellows sales makes you happy? Do u know the definition of a sadist? Happily announcing your self as one?

Ok, good luck on your path

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
Volvo is life

Volvo is bae

Volvo is safe

Volvo is very very beautiful and cute

Volvo is the best

Volvo is my choice

Volvo is POWERFUL

Let's keep making our loud roaring engine noises heard.

#teamvolvo

Edited

4 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
valarinz:

Which point are you proving, when you come to say rubbish on my ad? Was that thread a thread debating Volvo cars vs toyota?

Keep digging your grave, you say its fun winding me up? I'm not a random guy talking about a car he loves, I post a car to sale and you come to spoil my sales and you say "its fun winding volvo man up ".

Are you saying that trying to dent a fellows sales makes you happy? Do u know the definition of a sadist? Happily announcing your self as one?

Ok, good luck on your path

Beauty is subjective. The fact that I went on say that they're great cars should tell you I had no bad intentions. But keep looking for pity, you'll find none here. That persecution complex will get you nowhere.
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by antagonist: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Beauty is subjective. The fact that I went on say that they're great cars should tell you I had no bad intentions. But keep looking for pity, you'll find none here. That persecution complex will get you nowhere.

it can get him somewhere, he can die on the cross of Volvo for the sins of the Swedes who ran it into the ground, only to be resurrected on the third day by Geely, son of CHINA

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
BlackMeech:

You don't even go for what you love.
Was expecting "Toyota, to be specific Corolla and Camry" but NO. You love Benz n Infiniti. Cool brands. So y drive a glorified plastic?

Bro, don't fall into their trap of turning this thread to discussions about other brands of cars, its all about our ugly, rubbish and unreliable but still preferred Volvo brand

#Volvoreigns

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
You just have no choice but to fall in love, and if you realise its not within your reach, envy is an option grin

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nice Geely. grin
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by CityNGR: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Let me just advice you as a fellow demeanor... The Volvo group consists of peeps who plot murder of people with contrary views even on their WhatsApp platform...

On a good day... They're like a bunch of zealots like the Jesuits.

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by RZArecta2(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2018
Jerie:

Corolla is too good, why don't you compare Volvo to a Toyota Starlet since you want to be utterly ridiculous. I've driven that same corolla of 05 and the car felt unstable at high speeds like a toddler running.

In September, I sold my Honda and wanted to buy an '10 Camry or Accord as I had already test driven several. Luckily, I got a lift in my wife brother's S60. I begged him to let me drive it and took it for a spin on Lekki Epe Expressway.

A month later, I got my xc90. I can't allow one cheap piece of plastic endanger my life.

went from Lekki to iyana ipaja and back in a friend's XC90, let me not talk about the pick up speed on 3rd mainland bridge or the confident thud of the car doors when you slam them shut. Is it the stock sound system ? Man, Volvo's might be "ugly" and all but leave am, them try and at a very pocket friendly price... My 2 kobo sha cool

7 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2018
We don't get intimidated by the people who live all their life on NL, using the demeanor tag to mask their loneliness and need for attention.

Volvo for life, God bless Geely too.

Volvo + Geely = a match made in heaven.

Let's keep spreading the Volvo/Geely gospel

5 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 5:44pm On Dec 09, 2018
For those who want to experience the ugliness of these volvo cars firsthand, I just put one up for sale, check details on the thread link below

https://www.nairaland.com/4894368/toks-07-model-volvo-xc90

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by BlackMeech: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
CityNGR:

Let me just advice you as a fellow demeanor... The Volvo group consists of peeps who plot murder of people with contrary views even on their WhatsApp platform...

My nigga, you sound like a member of the whatsapp group, but if you are not stop sounding sissy.

3 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by olasalam(m): 7:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
olasalam:
I'm in need of an xc90 right away!
Anyone with link to get varieties where I can pick or choose one?
..pls tag me!

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 7:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
olasalam:

Missed this, pls chat me up 08032897486
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by olasalam(m): 10:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
valarinz:

Missed this, pls chat me up 08032897486

Ok
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by Airborne02(m): 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2018
CityNGR:

rubbish...

2 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by banky3w(m): 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2018
Evasmil4:

powerful rides don't look to flashy, drive one of those beast and I bet you will agree they are BEAUTIFUL RIDES�
You must be from Mars. If you're talking about the horses, you must be an alien to car world. You mind has been clouded by the deciet of not being in power. Check out cars with 500hp and above and then come back restructure your sentence. Don't let valarinz cloud your sense of judgment. grin grin
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by obekediamondfuto(m): 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2018
banky3w:

You must be from Mars. If you're talking about the horses, you must be an alien to car world. You mind has been clouded by the deciet of not being in power. Check out cars with 500hp and above and then come back restructure your sentence. Don't let valarinz cloud your sense of judgment. grin grin

hahahahahahaha... I laugh in French.... don't mind the guy......
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 7:11am On Dec 17, 2018
valarinz:
Volvo is life

Volvo is bae

Volvo is safe

Volvo is very very beautiful and cute

Volvo is the best

Volvo is my choice

Let's keep making our loud roaring engine noises heard.

#teamvolvo

In addition to this

Volvo is POWERFUL!!

Now, can we see more tears?? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by noblemind(m): 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
WORLD RECORD ON HIGHEST MILEAGE EVER ON A PERSONAL OWENED CAR
#1 Irving Gordon: 1966 Volvo 1800S

Irving Gordon: 3 Million Miles Irving currently holds the Guinness World Record for the highest vehicle mileage on a personal car, with over 3,000,000 miles on his 1966 Volvo 1800S!

Irving estimates he drives over 100,000 miles per year visiting car shows, with the longest stretch in 1 trip being New York to Vancouver, Canada.

He was interviewed by Popular Mechanics after setting the world record and detailed the maintenance of his vehicle, saying that he changes the oil every 3,000 – 3,500 miles and changes the transmission fluid every 25,000 miles.

An even crazier feat was the fact that his original clutch (yes, this is a manual transmission vehicle) lasted a whopping 450,000 miles! For reference the average lifespan of a clutch is around 50,000 miles with some people seeing 100,000 miles if properly taken care of.

Could it be that Volvo built a near-indestructible vehicle in 1966 or is Irving just that gentle on his cars? The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Either way this is a remarkable feat.

4 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by noblemind(m): 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2018
#3 1979 Volvo 245 GL

While it’s nice to have a personal story to attach to vehicles, sometimes vehicles are just company cars. Designed to be used by anyone and everyone at a specific company.

In this instance, the 1979 Volvo 245 GL that put up 1,630,000 miles was the property of a Finnish company called S.E. Makinen.

There aren’t a lot of details about this use of this vehicle but we like to imagine that it’s traversed the world a few times and visited some really cool far-off destinations. However, it probably spent its entire life navigating the country of Finland as part of a logistics fleet.

The company has said that it didn’t do anything to the vehicle other than “proper care” and if that’s true that says a lot about older Volvo’s.

3 Likes

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by pillarjive: 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2019
Greetings Volvo faithfuls.
I urgently need an advice.
I currently want to get a Volvo XC90, I need informed opinions regards making a choice between the T5 2005 model versus the 3.5 L 2007 models. The later seems to be more common around though i personally like the improved aesthetics of the 2007 model, however, my priority is availability of engine parts and durability. Am not based in lagos.
Follow up enquiry is "if the tail light of the 2005 can be replaced with that of 2007 model?
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2019
pillarjive:
Greetings Volvo faithfuls.
I urgently need an advice.
I currently want to get a Volvo XC90, I need informed opinions regards making a choice between the T5 2005 model versus the 3.5 L 2007 models. The later seems to be more common around though i personally like the improved aesthetics of the 2007 model, however, my priority is availability of engine parts and durability. Am not based in lagos.
Follow up enquiry is "if the tail light of the 2005 can be replaced with that of 2007 model?

Yes it can
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 11:33am On Apr 28, 2019
Our ugly, unreliable and rubbish cars keeps making waves, what a good feeling that brings.

Choose life, choose a Volvo cool

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2019
valarinz:
Our ugly, unreliable and rubbish cars keeps making waves, what a good feeling that brings.

Choose life, choose a Volvo cool

it's ugly joor....
Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by dannybrasky(m): 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
grin na pensioneer motor grin

obekediamondfuto:

it's ugly joor....

1 Like

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by CityNGR: 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2019
chai chai bad mouth

dannybrasky:
grin na pensioneer motor grin

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by valarinz: 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
Ugly, old, pensioneer, unreliable cars are taking over the streets of Lagos,....

This must hurt grin grin grin

Let's keep making the paper on the old cars jare, we donate free rat poison to those who need them too, call to book for yours now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by dannybrasky(m): 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2019
valarinz:
Ugly, old, pensioneer, unreliable cars are taking over the streets of Lagos,....

This must hurt grin grin grin

Let's keep making the paper on the old cars jare, we donate free rat poison to those who need them too, call to book for yours now

Re: Pics From 2018 Volvo Enthusiasts Forum Meeting /get-together by Sambors1: 1:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
Yes it's can but xc90 3.2 is more sweeter than 2003 if you want to nkow more get Sambros Volvo at number 26Alahaji Amusa Street Lagos Nigeria or phone number 08038188037

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

People Hide Plate Number Of Cars For Sale: Why? / Annoying Things Other Drivers Do / When To Choose Synthetic Lubricant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.