Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:31 PM

Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) (2444 Views)

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me / Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? / Why Is There So Many Camry (07-09) Muscle For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 12:58am On Dec 03, 2018
Please i need clarity as regards the above subject matter. I just noticed water soaking the floor of both front seats in my car (presumably after ac usage) and I am curious as to why this is happening.

Took the car to my mechanic on Saturday and he said it’s got to do with blockage in the ac discharge. I want to take her to see a technician, but I’d like to know what’s actually the problem as well as possible solution before the kazeem press spoil.

I didn’t want to detail the thread on ac pipe welds. CC: Oga Gazzuzz, thebigkendo, mayor2013 et al
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by megasoul: 6:46am On Dec 03, 2018
If it's both sides of the front floor, it's probably not AC discharge issue but front windshield or open roof leakage. Do u notice the wetness after it rains and/or after washing the car? If yes, that could be the case.

1 Like

Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 7:04am On Dec 03, 2018
megasoul:
If it's both sides of the front floor, it's probably not AC discharge issue but front windshield or open roof leakage. Do u notice the wetness after it rains and/or after washing the car? If yes, that could be the case.

I don’t have an open roof neither did I drive through water but windshield, I’ll go check that out.
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by thebigkendo(m): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2018
Edozie13:
Please i need clarity as regards the above subject matter. I just noticed water soaking the floor of both front seats in my car (presumably after ac usage) and I am curious as to why this is happening.

Took the car to my mechanic on Saturday and he said it’s got to do with blockage in the ac discharge. I want to take her to see a technician, but I’d like to know what’s actually the problem as well as possible solution before the kazeem press spoil.

I didn’t want to detail the thread on ac pipe welds. CC: Oga Gazzuzz, thebigkendo, mayor2013 et al

As long as rain/carwash was not involved and no recent windsheld replacement..
The problem is at the AC evaporator drain tube
- Drain tube could be blocked, in that case just poke through it with a broom stick or any wire
-Drain tube could have disconnected from the drain port- just fit to back and you are good

Drain tube should be around the passenger footwell, remove the passenger mat/carpet & check

2 Likes

Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by megasoul: 7:14am On Dec 03, 2018
The AC discharge hose runs through the passenger side hence will only get that side's floor wet hence I'm eliminating that as the cause.
I had similar issue with my 2007 Camry. Mine was the floor of the back seat just behind the passenger side. It turned out that the issue was from the sun roof. Pls don't let anyone deceive u too get the sunroof sealed. It was built to open. If urs is from the sunroof as well, it's something u can do on ur own, if u have a little DIY inclination.
There are four hoses connected to four discharge holes in the sunroof. Two runs throughout the front and discharge just behind the front tires, and the other two runs through the back and discharge just behind the back tires.
Possible causes of the wetness could be blockage of the two front holes or disconnection of the two front hoses.
To check if it's the case, open the sunroof and slowly pour water in the angles of the two front sides. If it doesn't discharge behind the front tires, then u have a blockage in the holes or disconnected hoses.

1 Like

Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:21am On Dec 03, 2018
Edozie13:

what car?
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by megasoul: 7:23am On Dec 03, 2018
Edozie13:

I don’t have an open roof neither did I drive through water but windshield, I’ll go check that out.

Ok. That takes sunroof out of it.

thebigkendo:

- Drain tube could be blocked, in that case just poke through it with a broom stick or any wire
-Drain tube could have disconnected from the drain port- just fit to back and you are good

Drain tube should be around the passenger footwell, remove the passenger mat/carpet & check

Well, u may be right since I'm not sure if disconnected or blocked AC discharge tube will get both sides of the front floors wet. I'm presuming it can only get the passenger side's floor wet. Nevertheless it should not be overlooked as a possible cause.
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 7:24am On Dec 03, 2018
thebigkendo:

This is most likely, as my own model did not come with an open roof.
Thanks!
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by thebigkendo(m): 7:32am On Dec 03, 2018
Edozie13:

This is most likely, as my own model did not come with an open roof.
Thanks!

You can do it yourself DIY..
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by thebigkendo(m): 7:35am On Dec 03, 2018
megasoul:

Well, u may be right since I'm not sure if disconnected or blocked AC discharge tube will get both sides of the front floors wet. I'm presuming it can only get the passenger side's floor wet. Nevertheless it should not be overlooked as a possible cause.

You are Wrong sir.. I have experienced it.. Blocked Evaporator drain tube got both footwell wet.. But wasn't on an 07 Camry
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 8:31am On Dec 03, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

what car?

Camry 2007 LE
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2018
megasoul:

I just checked both sides and underneath the carpet on the driver side is moist, but the floor isn’t soaked as compared to that of the passenger side which after I applied pressure, water was dropping down the hole under
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2018
Edozie13:

Camry 2007. For wetness on both sides of the front foot mat, a leaking evaporator can be ruled out. A leaking evaporator on that particular model will have a wet floor mat on the right only. Currently you have a leak from an external source, and the post likely culprit is from the Windshield. To prove it, strip the plastic covers on the right and left pillars, pour water on the vehicle and watch for leaks. From inside the vehicle.

Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by thebigkendo(m): 10:17am On Dec 03, 2018
Edozie13:

I just checked both sides and underneath the carpet on the driver side is moist, but the floor isn’t soaked as compared to that of the passenger side which after I applied pressure, water was dropping down the hole under

I still maintain it's from the AC drains.. It's dry season in lagos(Well except car wash is involved)
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2018
thebigkendo:

I still maintain it's from the AC drains.. It's dry season in lagos(Well except car wash is involved)

So I finally took the car to the mechanic’s workshop today and as opined by you, the discharge pipe wasn’t well fitted into it’s proper channel. A few tuck here and there and voila! It started discharging water from underneath the car.

I thank everyone of you for your contribution(s) towards this thread, God bless you real good.

1 Like

Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by thebigkendo(m): 10:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
Edozie13:

So I finally took the car to the mechanic’s workshop today and as opined by you, the discharge pipe wasn’t well fitted into it’s proper channel. A few tuck here and there and voila! It started discharging water from underneath the car.

I thank everyone of you for your contribution(s) towards this thread, God bless you real good.

You still went to the mechanic? sad sad sad
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by blestman: 10:20pm On Dec 07, 2018
Looking for the source of a leakage can be very straight forward if u have an assistant helping you to pour the water while u r inside checking the corners. From my experience, there r only two likely cause of leakage that affects both front floors at the same time. A leakage from the windshield which u can check as GAZZUZZ described and the second from the holes beneath the front floors. These holes are covered by round plastics which as they age dont fit the holes properly and so any time you drive through a pool of water some gets into your car. Most times they may have dislodged completely leaving the hole completely open. I believe u also mentioned water dropping down a hole, that hole should not be open. Get under d car and look for those holes- 4 in total (two below the front seats and two below the back), if they r open or u can push the plastic covering with ease then u have found the cause.
You may doubt my suggestion because u haven't driven through water for a while now, but check properly there is a foamy/ cloth-like material underneath the rug-like floor of your car before you see the metal floor proper. That material can retain a lot of water you got some months ago.
I had the same problem and had to strip the car floor bare, located the dislodged plastics, applied some silicon gel on their edges and then plug the holes. Then I had to sun dry the foamy materials. All is dry now
Check the plugs over the holes as I suggested and pray its not coming from the wind shield because fixing the later is more tasking.
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by blestman: 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
Just seeing u solved the issue. You can still check out my suggestion if the problem recurs
Stay blessed
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2018
thebigkendo:

You still went to the mechanic? sad sad sad

Bros I had to o.. I tried pulling it and it felt hard so I left it. Couldn’t afford to press spoil. However, I learnt a valuable lesson (guess I’ll call it an experience)
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 3:20pm On Dec 08, 2018
blestman:
Looking for the source of a leakage can be very straight forward if u have an assistant helping you to pour the water while u r inside checking the corners. From my experience, there r only two likely cause of leakage that affects both front floors at the same time. A leakage from the windshield which u can check as GAZZUZZ described and the second from the holes beneath the front floors. These holes are covered by round plastics which as they age dont fit the holes properly and so any time you drive through a pool of water some gets into your car. Most times they may have dislodged completely leaving the hole completely open. I believe u also mentioned water dropping down a hole, that hole should not be open. Get under d car and look for those holes- 4 in total (two below the front seats and two below the back), if they r open or u can push the plastic covering with ease then u have found the cause.
You may doubt my suggestion because u haven't driven through water for a while now, but check properly there is a foamy/ cloth-like material underneath the rug-like floor of your car before you see the metal floor proper. That material can retain a lot of water you got some months ago.
I had the same problem and had to strip the car floor bare, located the dislodged plastics, applied some silicon gel on their edges and then plug the holes. Then I had to sun dry the foamy materials. All is dry now
Check the plugs over the holes as I suggested and pray its not coming from the wind shield because fixing the later is more tasking.

Yea I thought so too because I saw my dogs playing with it some time back and that was the last I ever saw those plugs.
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2018
blestman:

apt ND precise....
I'd have suggested this as well....
I had the same issue after doing a skeletal car wash that cost me N7500 in owerri....

the mungo park didn't install the plugs back, had to cut slippers and forcefully fit them
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

apt ND precise....
I'd have suggested this as well....
I had the same issue after doing a skeletal car wash that cost me N7500 in owerri....

the mungo park didn't install the plugs back, had to cut slippers and forcefully fit them

To wash car #7500?! That’s ridiculous. Anyways, I’ll source for the plug on my next visit to the mechanic’s and if we can’t get it, then na slippers go sure pass.
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by obekediamondfuto(m): 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2018
Edozie13:

To wash car #7500?! That’s ridiculous. Anyways, I’ll source for the plug on my next visit to the mechanic’s and if we can’t get it, then na slippers go sure pass.

guy, I weak that day....
someone suggested the place to me after mechanics had finished my vehicle,

those in owerri should know the place sha.... somewhere along egbu road... just after fire service
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by IghoCentric(m): 1:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
megasoul:
The AC discharge hose runs through the passenger side hence will only get that side's floor wet hence I'm eliminating that as the cause.
I had similar issue with my 2007 Camry. Mine was the floor of the back seat just behind the passenger side. It turned out that the issue was from the sun roof. Pls don't let anyone deceive u too get the sunroof sealed. It was built to open. If urs is from the sunroof as well, it's something u can do on ur own, if u have a little DIY inclination.
There are four hoses connected to four discharge holes in the sunroof. Two runs throughout the front and discharge just behind the front tires, and the other two runs through the back and discharge just behind the back tires.
Possible causes of the wetness could be blockage of the two front holes or disconnection of the two front hoses.
To check if it's the case, open the sunroof and slowly pour water in the angles of the two front sides. If it doesn't discharge behind the front tires, then u have a blockage in the holes or disconnected hoses.

Please how did you get it fixed?
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

guy, I weak that day....
someone suggested the place to me after mechanics had finished my vehicle,

those in owerri should know the place sha.... somewhere along egbu road... just after fire service

Hahahahaha... sorry o
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
IghoCentric:

Which of the leakages; roof, windscreen or ac?
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by IghoCentric(m): 7:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Edozie13:

Which of the leakages; roof, windscreen or ac?

The roof.. cos he said we should not block with sealant.
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Edozie13(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2018
IghoCentric:

The roof.. cos he said we should not block with sealant.

“There are four hoses connected to four discharge holes in the sunroof. Two runs throughout the front and discharge just behind the front tires, and the other two runs through the back and discharge just behind the back tires.
To check if it's the case, open the sunroof and slowly pour water in the angles of the two front sides. If it doesn't discharge behind the front tires, then u have a blockage in the holes or disconnected hoses.” - megasoul
Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by megasoul: 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
IghoCentric:

I got the tips from this screenshot.

Re: Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) by Vbabs(m): 7:00am On Dec 11, 2018
Had to replace my Honda Accord 05 brain box cos of this AC discharge hose issue.

The box was drenched before I could suspect.

Thought it was car wash guys

(1) (Reply)

AC Vacuum In Port Harcourt / Car Maintenance : Oil Change / Thinking Of Getting New Tires? Read This First!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.