Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union (6675 Views)

End In Sight For ASUU Strike As FG Reviews ‘No-work No-Pay’ Policy / ASUP Strike : "No Going Back On Indefinite Strike" - Union / ASUU Finally Reacts To FG's "No work, No Pay" Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union by osazsky(m): 9:06am On Dec 03, 2018
theoldpretender:

1.The problem has less to do with Bubu's certificate...and more to do with the fact that the cost of satrisfying the lectuer's demad is going to cost hundreds of billions of naira

According to the 2009 ASUU/FG agreement...it will cost N1.5 trillion per annum to adfeualtely fund unviersites.(Cost has increased due to the establishment of more universities).

2.If you want WAEC certificate holders to stop running your country...get your Senator to sponsor a bill making it mandatory for political office holders to have a BSc.
how much does a lecturer earn?,I can't believe DAT since 2009 the govt is still dragging this issue,additional 30k hazard allowance ,this govt is so unserious, in southafrica for having a pry 6 cert ,they pay u 94k,dats their minimum wage,and they have over 6million workers on payroll,how much do u think a medical doctor earns for ur info no oil there.there is money in this country but greedy politicians want it all.d first thing I expected jubril d corruption fighter to do immediately he came into power was to remove d immunity clause on governors ,presidents starting from himself. a govt that is not sincere to himself,abeg assu carry on,we are with u on this,after government answer una, we go start our own,in fact we had series of meeting last week,another strike looming, this is d best time we can cripple this govt,cuz after elections we are not expecting anything
Re: ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union by martineverest(m): 9:11am On Dec 03, 2018
sign of fear from ASUU camp...
Re: ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union by osazsky(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2018
frankmoney:
So they expect to receive pay when they aren't working
most of them are part-time lecturers in private uni,and some are consultants to oil firms and multinationals, its d junior ones I feel for whom are just starting their career,forget the old lecturers ,they don't touch their salaries,its d students I feel for especially those in their finals
Re: ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union by Olumeme: 9:15am On Dec 03, 2018
Nigeria government don't learn from history, this have never worked and it won't work now

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union by cardoctor(m): 9:18am On Dec 03, 2018
Opposition machinations at work.
Re: ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2018
I'm more concerned about imsu internal strike.
Re: ASUU Strike: No Work No Pay Policy Will Prolong Strike – Union by theoldpretender(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2018
osazsky:
how much does a lecturer earn?,I can't believe DAT since 2009 the govt is still dragging this issue,additional 30k hazard allowance ,this govt is so unserious, in southafrica for having a pry 6 cert ,they pay u 94k,dats their minimum wage,and they have over 6million workers on payroll,how much do u think a medical doctor earns for ur info no oil there.there is money in this country but greedy politicians want it all.d first thing I expected jubril d corruption fighter to do immediately he came into power was to remove d immunity clause on governors ,presidents starting from himself. a govt that is not sincere to himself,abeg assu carry on,we are with u on this,after government answer una, we go start our own,in fact we had series of meeting last week,another strike looming, this is d best time we can cripple this govt,cuz after elections we are not expecting anything

Been a while since I left university...but I beleive a professor earns about 500,000 naira monthly.

Other cadre earn probabaly between 300000-400000 monthly.

And there isn't money in this country. Our budget is N9trillion naira per annum. Lookslike a lot...till it is divided up (and yes, corruption).

I should also point out that the lecturers are not just asking for salaries....they want better funding for things like facilties, etc. And dealing with that is going to cost at least (my opinion) N2 trillion per annum (for universites alone, primary and secondary school and other teritiary instituitons not included). Consider we have a budget of N9trillion...(and health care probabaly needs N3 trillion out of that).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amazing Facts About Women You Never Knew ***pics*** / Nasarawa State Polytechnic 2012/ 2013 Admissions Update / Ambrose Alli University Cut-off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.