Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:00 AM

Picture Of Slums In The Usa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Slums In The Usa (188167 Views)

Nigerian Slum Contest: Anambra Is The State With The Least Slums In Nigeria / Fashola Destroys Slums In Lagos, Leaving Thousands Homeless / BBC Says 11 Million Lagosians Live In Slums - Rubbish Journalism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 10:48am On Jul 30, 2010
Detroit, Michigan USA
Population: Less than 1 million and dropping.

Worst Feature: Rats, Crack Addicts, and love-peddlers – and that’s just among the elected officials

Best Feature: Home to the Worlds Only Floating Post Office

Lest you start to think that all of the Worst Cities to live are in foreign countries, we have plenty of places that suck right here in the Good Ol’ US of A… and Detroit, Michigan is probably the worst of the worst.

Detroit holds the distinction of currently being the most dangerous city in the nation. More than 30% of its residents live below the poverty level. Abandoned buildings and garbage and vermin infested vacant lots cover an unoccupied area roughly the size of San Francisco.

Detroit has lost almost half of its population since the 1950’s, and as if “living” in Detroit weren’t bad enough, even the dead are leaving as more and more people are digging up relatives that are buried in Detroit and moving them elsewhere, just so they do not have to risk their own lives by returning to the city to pay their respects!

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by phantom(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2010
lol, even the dead r leaving.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 11:00am On Jul 30, 2010
For those that think slums exist only in the third world
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Becomrich0: 11:03am On Jul 30, 2010
that is not Detroit, I have been to Detroit, I use to go to church in Pastor james fadele church in Detroit. That is not Detroit. Detroit use to very bad, when I use to go there,  Nobody live there anymore in downtown Detroit at that time and business moved away from downtown Detroit. really nobody lived and no business.

But they are changing Detroit. I know when they were building the GM place close to the Detroit windsor tunnel and close to joe lewis arena. We use to go and hold program in the church in Detroit. It was scaring coming back at night back to canada. But if you go there, you would shock, it has change. They have rebuilt most part of  the old downtown detriot. When I went there last.

But that is not the picture of downtown Detroit.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by adefemi1(m): 11:10am On Jul 30, 2010
ot enough pics to convince people i will sugest you take more pics and with people living there

iguess it is another plce in lagos
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Becomrich0: 11:38am On Jul 30, 2010
When a nigerian comes to canada, and he says he want to move the US. older nigerian tend to want to scare him , they take him to Detroit. One look at Detroit, he would never step his foot in the USA again. But really there are good city in the US.

I would not be shock , if the person that place that picture lives in canada. It is an old trick use by nigerian canadian to scare thier children from moving to the US. Take them to downtown Detroit.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 11:48am On Jul 30, 2010
more slums, they don't exist only in Nigeria

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 11:50am On Jul 30, 2010
what of this one

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by GAR3TH(m): 11:51am On Jul 30, 2010
Every city, every state and every country has some form of slums or ghettos. The fact is. . .If their are rich people, their also must be poor people. its the balance of life.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2010
GAR3TH:

Every city, every state and every country has some form of slums or ghettos. The fact is. . .If their are rich people, their also must be poor people. its the balance of life.

Some people don't seem to believe that. They think ghettos are only found in developing countries alone. I've actually be browsing syscrapercity.com website.

Source: http://lebbeuswoods.files./2010/04/pubhousing-1c1.jpg

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Becomrich0: 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2010
Mebki that is not the USA. I have never been anywhere in the USA that looks that bad, even Detroit does not look that bad. There was a riot in Detroit and everybody moved away.

Now compare this  pictures above  to Ajegunle.

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 12:18pm On Jul 30, 2010
That cannot be Ajegunle, for all I care, take picture is taken in Garbon
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Becomrich0: 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2010
That is Ajegunle, that how they build houses in Ajegunle. The pictures you posted as the USA. are from india and Pakistan and not from the USA. I verify.

But I can tell you, that is likely 99% Ajegunle. the so call Ghetto of lagos. they just call it so. It is not really a jungle. It is just an issue of history of the area. Not how it looks like. White people live in Apapa and the black in Ajegunle that is why they call it jungle city.  .

There are more storey building in Ajegunle than 28 of the state capital in Nigeria.

I dont think you are nigerian. Ajegunle and Apapa use to be called Apapa before they separated the two. Apapa is where you have the largest seaport in lagos and africa. it is only a small canal that separate the two. They have several military barracks in Ajegunle.  Even Nigeria largest military signal barrack is located in Ajegunle. I think there are 4 military barrack in Ajegunle. The Naval base is located in Ajegunle.
Daily times I think use to be in Ajegunle. Coca cola largest bottling plant in africa use to be in Ajegunle. before they moved it. You have factories in ajegunle.
It is not a Jungle as the media called it. You have 8,10 or more storey building in Ajegunle.
They just call it Jungle city because of history. It use to be an extension of Apapa. Ajegunle and Apapa use to be called Apapa before they separated the two. You see I know my history.  Some people are millionaires in Ajegunle they own several house, some own up to 20 houses.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Hauwa1: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2010
first pix NO
second pix YES

undecided
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by philip0906(m): 6:21pm On Jul 30, 2010
@op
lie lie lie lie. . . some of those pix r here in africa or d favelas in brazil but definitely not d us k?don,t know wat ur intention is by posting these pictures undecided undecided
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by bkbabe97y(m): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2010
Mbeki:

For those that think slums exist only in the third world

Do ur pics of called "U.S slums" look like they got people living in em. . . . ?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 7:22pm On Jul 30, 2010
This is Ajegunle I guess?

You guys in US don't even know anywhere, you just go from your home to office and back. on sunday u go to the cathedral by the corner. try and tour the country

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by THEAMAKA(f): 7:25pm On Jul 30, 2010
half of the pictures shown were obvious photoshop OR not even America.
and that picture Becomrich posted is not Ajegunle, stop lying.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 7:28pm On Jul 30, 2010
philip0906:

@op
lie lie lie lie. . . some of those pix r here in africa or d favelas in brazil but definitely not d us k?don,t know wat your intention is by posting these pictures undecided undecided

To every city in the world , there is a slum nearby
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by AloyEmeka8: 7:29pm On Jul 30, 2010
Who cares about US slums?. Fix the slums in your country first so the US citizens can learn from you how to keep the environment clean. You mustn't be catching up all the time, be a pacesetter for once.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
THE AMAKA:

half of the pictures shown were obvious photoshop OR not even America.
and that picture Becomrich posted is not Ajegunle, stop lying.

These pictures where picked from USA, where do u know in the US Amaka?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by ezeagu(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2010
The first picture is Mumbai or some other tropical city. Detroit wishes it has those skyscrapers and that many people willing to slum there. The last picture posted on this thread so far is photoshop's work.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mbeki: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2010
ezeagu:

The first picture is Mumbai or some other tropical city. Detroit wishes it has those skyscrapers and that many people willing to slum there. The last picture posted on this thread so far is photoshop's work.

no city is slum free check this out!

http://exiledonline.com/bailed-out-aig-forcing-poor-to-choose-between-running-water-and-food/

http://www.worst-city.com/Detroit-Michigan-USA-Rats-Crack-Addicts-Prostitutes-city-centre.htm
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by ezeagu(m): 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2010
Mbeki:

no city is slum free check this out!

http://exiledonline.com/bailed-out-aig-forcing-poor-to-choose-between-running-water-and-food/

The picture is a warning of what the United States may become. The flag is clearly photoshoped and no building in the United States that is inhabited looks like the one in the background, they are usually waiting for demolition just like the second picture you posted. Anyway, what does this have to do with anything?
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by chyz(m): 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2010
If you are still in doubt if the U.S. has slums. look at this video:

New Orleans, LA  U.S.A.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9VlmXKYgs&feature=avmsc2[/flash]
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by bkbabe97y(m): 7:54pm On Jul 30, 2010
^^^ Nigggaaaa, thats my shiyyyyttt^^^^
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Eziachi: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2010
Poster, next time, at least make it believable, you don’t ever have to has been to the United state to know that the pictures you posted is not any place in America.

Is the same Detroit where most American car plants are located? Please get real.
Some of your pictures are in fact from photo manipulation of Liberia, Mumbai.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2010
chyz:

If you are still in doubt if the U.S. has slums. look at this video:

New Orleans, LA  U.S.A.

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9VlmXKYgs&feature=avmsc2[/flash]

Mbeki:

Some people don't seem to believe that. They think ghettos are only found in developing countries alone. I've actually be browsing syscrapercity.com website.

Source: http://lebbeuswoods.files./2010/04/pubhousing-1c1.jpg

The community and the roads here look far better than Ilupeju, Ketu, Yaba, Ajah and a lot of places for the upper middle class in Nigeria, yet you think you can compare it to a Nigerian slum.

Nigerians and deceiving themselves.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Abagworo(m): 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2010
Becomrich0:

Mebki that is not the USA. I have never been anywhere in the USA that looks that bad, even Detroit does not look that bad. There was a riot in Detroit and everybody moved away.

Now compare this  pictures above  to Ajegunle.

stop posting that pix as ajegunle.it is aba in nigeria.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 30, 2010
Mbeki:

To every city in the world , there is a slum nearby
the rich also cry. . . .i guess
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Mariory(m): 2:12am On Jul 31, 2010
Sagamite:

The community and the roads here look far better than Ilupeju, Ketu, Yaba, Ajah and a lot of places for the upper middle class in Nigeria, yet you think you can compare it to a Nigerian slum.

Nigerians and deceiving themselves.

How so? Are those slums not real? The point is the US is perhaps several hundred years ahead of Nigeria in development and it still has slums. Kind of puts things in perspective.
Re: Picture Of Slums In The Usa by Sagamite(m): 7:34am On Jul 31, 2010
Mariory:

How so? Are those slums not real? The point is the US is perhaps several hundred years ahead of Nigeria in development and it still has slums. Kind of puts things in perspective.

What you call slums in the USA in regards to infrastructure and building aesthetics is actually what are nice apartments and areas in most of Lagos.

So pointing to their "slums" to console yourself about you slums in Makoko, Ajegunle, Mile 2, Bariga etc is deceiving yourself to console yourself.

If what is shown above is regarded as "slum", then Nigerian slums should be changed to "Hell".

Your upper middle class places like Eric Moore Towers, 2004 Towers (exterior and streets) that some pride themselves on are no better than most projects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigeria has finished me!! / The Remaining States That Will Decide The Winner Of The Presidential Election / Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) military training (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.