Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,515 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Robbed By Men Of The Nigerian Police Force - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbed By Men Of The Nigerian Police Force (463 Views)

Lady Beaten And Robbed By Taxify Driver In Lagos / Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos / Man Causes Accident While Being Robbed By 'One Chance' Operators In Abuja.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbed By Men Of The Nigerian Police Force by MacMkboy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2018
Good day to all.
I want to share details of the horrible experience and theft encountered at the hands of some men of the Nigerian Police Force. This incident took place today (3/12/2018) at about 11.50 a.m. on my way to school.
First some details about me.
Modified: Took out my personal info.
On this fateful day, I was walking to school when this police van drove up in front of me with about eleven (11) mean looking men in police uniform in it. Suddenly five of them surrounded me and ordered me to stop or they will shoot me. I stopped not out of fear but respect for the uniform. They started a search on me and one of them said that I am a "yahoo boy".
A little about my dressing: I wore a blue jean trouser, a grey and blue t-shirt, a pair of socks and a pair of black sandals.
They took my backpack and started rummaging through it. Upon sighting my laptop, the others shouted to their boss who sat in front of the van that I had a laptop on me and its apparent that I am a yahoo boy. They threatened to slap me if I continued insisting my innocence. Upon searching my wallet which I had in my bag, they saw some atm cards in it and ordered me to enter their van saying that I will explain to them about why I should have multiple atm cards when we get to the office.
A little about the atm cards: I had my two of my dad's atm cards and two of my eldest sister's and one of my immediate elder sister. I also had my access bank, gtbank and fidelity bank cards. Plus my national ID card (the one with chips),two of my expired cards, my departmental ID and my school library ID.
I told them to go through the cards and confirm that every name on those cards are related to me. They insisted that I am involved in card fraud and if I don't keep my mouth shut and enter their van, that they will start treating me right there on the spot. I kept quite, entered their van and while the police men who definitely are of hausa background - they kept abusing Ibos in pidgin english as well as hausa language- weren't a cheerful lot to hang out with, they constantly barraged me with questions about my involvement with yahoo yahoo, saying I must be a millionaire. Time and time again, they asked me how much money I had in those atm cards and I told them that they were empty and they wont find up to a thousand naira in all of them. They said they will find out when we get to the office. Then they drove off. While in the van they kept calling me all sorts of names to criminalize my identity. After driving a distance of about 3km, they parked their van, their boss came down and started asking me some personal info - my age, dept, school, reason for being in awka, why I had more than one atm card, why I asked them if they will bring me back to the spot they picked me up from etc. Then they handed me back the atm cards citing the similarity in names as well as the presence of expired atm cards and personal ids as the reason for letting me go an d asked me to leave. They dropped me off on an rarely traversed street I had to walk a distance of about 700m to get to the major road from where I can pick a bus that will take me to the school gate, boarded a bus and paid off the driver the #50 I had in my pocket. Upon getting to school, I boarded a tricycle (keke) and while on the way, I put my hand into my bag to bring out the transport fare. Behold, my #1800 was gone!! I quickly apologized to the driver, explained my predicament to him and a kind passenger, paid off the transport fare for me.
I used to have a lot of respect for the NPF but with this incident, all that respect is gone with the wind and I can only keep wishing, hoping and praying that bad things will keep happening to all these wicked uniformed men who Rob people in disguise of work.
Re: Robbed By Men Of The Nigerian Police Force by harkandey(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2018
grin God punish them, you're lucky that they don't even beat you.
police and thief, the only difference between them is that police have uniforms and thief don't.
Re: Robbed By Men Of The Nigerian Police Force by Hoodbilonia: 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2018
why u nor cause scence
since na front odf schl gate
your school for rescuse u
Re: Robbed By Men Of The Nigerian Police Force by MacMkboy(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
why u nor cause scence
since na front odf schl gate
your school for rescuse u

I nor dey near school gate. I dey about 17 minutes walking distance away from school.
Re: Robbed By Men Of The Nigerian Police Force by MacMkboy(m): 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2018
If a police man aged over 35yrs can rob a young boy of 21 in broad day light, then can someone tell me why I should believe in Nigerian Police ever?

(1) (Reply)

Wife Beats Her Husband Side Chick / Police Arrest 6 For Killing And Eating Monkey / Man Arrested For Robbery Three Weeks After Wining #4m Lottery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.