Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,345 members, 7,780,921 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:26 AM

Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) (2377 Views)

"I Owe Nothing": Shehu Sani Applauds Tinubu For Not Falling For Wike's Tricks / IBB, Shehu Yar’adua And Murtala Nyako In Mecca (Throwback Photo) / I Owe Nobody Any Apology For Supporting Buhari - Kenneth Okonkwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by seunmsg(m): 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2018
Vanguard News Nigeria

Yar’Adua : I owe public no explanation – Oyedepo
akintayo eribake akintayo eribake
9 years ago

By Sam Eyoboka & Kolade Larewaju

ABEOKUTA PRESIDENT of the Living Faith Church, Bishop David Oyedepo yesterday confirmed that he actually visited ailing President Umaru Yar'adua at the Presidential Villa but declined to give details of the man's state of health.

Bishop Oyedepo who spoke to reporters in Abeokuta, declined further comments on their visit to the ailing president merely saying yes when asked to confirm the reports in the newspapers.

Pressed to speak on the presidents health, he said that is personal. I owe the public no explanation.”

Bishop Oyedepo
Oyedepo was one of the four Christian leaders who were led by the president of Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, and Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Most Rev. John Onaiyekan, who visited President Umaru Musa Yaradua on Easter Monday to pray with him. Others included Rev. Emmanuel Kure and the erstwhile chaplain of Aso Rock Chapel, Prof. Yusuf Obaje.

Meanwhile, as over 140 million Nigerians await the verdict of the four Christian leaders on the state of health of President Yar’Adua, feelers reaching Vanguard showed that the team was hurriedly assembled to balance a political equation as Muslim clerics had earlier prayed with him.

According to informed sources, an earlier move to get credible Christian clerics to be part of the Easter Monday visit flopped when some of them were perceived not to be too keen on the visit.
The whole idea of the Easter prayers by Christian leaders was said to have emanated from a former two-term governor who believed he could contract eminent Christian leaders to pray for the ailing president, especially after a similar exercise by Muslim clerics.

The immediate family of the ailing president was said to have bought the idea and therefore asked one of the key officials to liaise with the former governor. It was at that point that the former governor was said to have called the National President of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor who was expected to reach others.

The proposal was for Oritsejafor to recruit the services of the CAN president, John Onaiyekan, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye and one other cleric.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/04/yaradua-i-owe-public-no-explanation-oyedepo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by gaby(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
Lol
Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by seunmsg(m): 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2018
At least, Nigerians can now see the hypocrisy of this so called man of god. He told Nigerians he owes them no explanation over his visit to the then ailing president but stood on the pulpit last Sunday to lie that Aso rock cabals have signed off 50% of Nigeria's oil revenue to Jubril's family from Sudan.

Oyedepo should come out publicly and tell us his problem with Buhari. Why the unnecessary hatred? I really don't like him before but yesterdays message is a new low even for his very low standard. I want to believe reasonable people still attend his church, this is the time for them to call him to order. The leadership of CAN should also call him and talk to him. This is no longer Christianity but witchcraft.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by FarahAideed: 5:26pm On Dec 03, 2018
seunmsg:
At least, Nigerians can now see the hypocrisy of this so called man of god. He stood on the pulpit yesterday and lied that Aso rock cabals have signed off 50% of Nigeria's oil revenue to Jubril's family from Sudan.

Oyedepo should come out publicly and tell us his problem with Buhari. Why the unnecessary hatred? I really don't like him before but yesterdays message is a new low even for his very low standard. I want to believe reasonable people still attend his church, this is the time for them to call him to order. The leadership of CAN should also call him and talk to him. This is no longer Christianity but witchcraft.

If you don't know why all sane Nigerians hate Buhari to the core by now then I pity you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by MalcoImX: 5:46pm On Dec 03, 2018
FarahAideed:

If you don't know why all sane Nigerians hate Buhari to the core by now then I pity you

If your source of ill-gotten wealth and undeserving lifestyle is under threat, it's pretty understandable that you hate Buhari.

But for us who want those who swindled this country shamed, jailed, banished or even legally executed, we have no course to hate him the least.

This country has been bastardized and Buhari is trying to sanitize it. It is the insane who are seeing a return to the old order. It's going to be really difficult for the rogues to easily be allowed back to continue with their rotten ways. Buhari has started the cleansing, be assured that even if he didn't finish it, it is his types that'd assume the mantle and continue.

We don't want our fates determined by the Atikus, the Obis, the Fayoses, the Okupes the FFKs, the Omokris, the Metuhs, the Dasukis and Co.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by seunmsg(m): 6:09pm On Dec 03, 2018
FarahAideed:

There is no sane Nigeria out there supporting Atiku. Just some corrupt elements and some misguided and ignorant people like you.

8 Likes

Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by Corrinthians(m): 6:42am On Dec 04, 2018
Mynd44, Lalasticlala, if I were to give my opinion on this thread, I'd say it is an important throwback given the events of recent past with respect to the "revered" man of "god".

It will be good to have more people read it.

Thanks.
Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by 4dor: 8:23am On Dec 04, 2018
This should be on the front page. One fact about Nigeria we can all agree about is that every man is fighting for his pocket. This is beyond APC/PDP or even religious affiliations, it's a Nigerian thing.
Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 04, 2018
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I'm ashamed that the fraud called Oyedepo has finally gone mad to the extent of peddling falsehood on the pulpit just to discredit the president. Oyedepo has always been an arrogant, irresponsible con artist hiding under Christianity to perpetuate his fraud. This useless man is not the only pastor in Nigeria and his constant attacks on the president means the anti corruption crusade is biting him hard unlike previous regimes that gave him and his likes import waivers and other soft landing. Oyedepo is a disgrace to Christianity and he's way of life is not even Christ like to begin with. The federal government should give him the Elzaky-zaky treatment should Buhari win in 2019. Such a terrible personality should not be walking free as his utterances are a threat to national security. In saner climes, people like Oyedepo will be terminated to the underworld by the FEDS to avoid impending doom. While Muslim leaders all over the country remain mute and non partisan in the political atmosphere, our useless Christian leaders like Mbaka and Oyedepo are bringing shame to the church. I only pity the Gullible members of winners chapel whose brain is pocketed by the fraudulent vermin called Oyedepo sad

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by Yemmy2023: 9:50am On Dec 04, 2018
GoTV:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I'm ashamed that the fraud called Oyedepo has finally gone mad to the extent of peddling falsehood on the pulpit just to discredit the president. Oyedepo has always been an arrogant, irresponsible con artist hiding under Christianity to perpetuate his fraud. This useless man is not the only pastor in Nigeria and his constant attacks on the president means the anti corruption crusade is biting him hard unlike previous regimes that gave him and his likes import waivers and other soft landing. Oyedepo is a disgrace to Christianity and he's way of life is not even Christ like to begin with. The federal government should give him the Elzaky-zaky treatment should Buhari win in 2019. Such a terrible personality should not be walking free as his utterances are a threat to national security. In saner climes, people like Oyedepo will be terminated to the underworld by the FEDS to avoid impending doom. While Muslim leaders all over the country remain mute and non partisan in the political atmosphere, our useless Christian leaders like Mbaka and Oyedepo are bringing shame to the church. I only pity the Gullible members of winners chapel whose brain is pocketed by the fraudulent vermin called Oyedepo sad

touch not my anointed and do my Prophet no harm...Guy be careful of what you say whit ur mouth... you dont have to used such derogatory words on him
Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by lordkush: 9:55am On Dec 04, 2018
zombies get a grip on yaselfs

the Yoruba Muslim zombies have been crying since yesterday. just because rev oyedepo asked buhari to address us . is that too much to ask ? The man ignored Nigerians bit went to Poland to Tell he's the real buhari, meaning he has no regard for us here. And now those pink nosed whites have been making fun of us. yahoo recently joined them.

all thanks to the useless dullard once again he has embarrassed us.

when buhari went to London rumour was, he died. nobody was allowed to see him

then suddenly jubrin came, but he didn't have the passes in aso rock so he was told to chill in daura while modifications were made. the excuse was rats chased him away.

ask yourselves. have you seen zarah or any of his kids with him since ? NO

wat of aisha. the gap between them is even now wider

when Nigerians ask questions. these useless Yoruba Muslim zombies will attack. just because a Christian asked

ogun punish una

3 Likes

Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by seunmsg(m): 10:00am On Dec 04, 2018
Yemmy2023:

[s]touch not my anointed and do my Prophet no harm...Guy be careful of what you say whit ur mouth... you dont have to used such derogatory words on him[/s]

Oyedepo is an ordinary human being like any one of us who only became rich and popular because he was able to scam some gullible people in the name of religion. He is not beyond reproach and should be condemned for his stupidity and hypocrisy.

Someone that visited the ailing Yar'adua on behalf of Christians and then came out to tell us that he owe us no explanation cannot come back some years later to stand on the pulpit and be asking another president to respond to a satire that was written to mock Nnamdi Kanu and his foolish supporters. We should call him out for his hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by SexualHealer: 10:32am On Dec 04, 2018
Yemmy2023:

touch not my anointed and do my Prophet no harm...Guy be careful of what you say whit ur mouth... you dont have to used such derogatory words on him

How do u know the true appointed of God? Even our exemplary biblical leader (Jesus Christ) was never at anytime talked rude or insulted any political office holder as written in the Holy Bible and in the Quran. By their fruits you shall know them, a true son of God will never talk ill of another person. The last Church I can never attended in my life is that of Oyedepo cos his calling is shrouded in obscurity. If you want to work for God, work for God, don't come and mix politics with religion like he's doing. I don't reply unreasonable quotes. Quote me at ur won peril.
Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 04, 2018
Yemmy2023:

May God punish Oyedepo and his co fraudsters called pastors sad
Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by Babacele: 11:39am On Dec 04, 2018
hmmm...I just tire.
Re: Yar’adua : I Owe The Public No Explanation – Oyedepo (throwback) by sogezovik: 11:47am On Dec 04, 2018
you are very correct papa

(1) (Reply)

. / Another News Outlet Joins PUNCH Now To Refer Buhari As Dictator / Gov. Obiano Reacts To Dismantling Of COVID-19 Barricade At Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.