Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project (19928 Views)

Olajide Blessing: DSS Arrest Killers Of UNILORIN Student Raped To Death / Olajide Omowumi-Blessing: UNILORIN Student Raped To Death / Virgin UNILORIN Student In Hijab Raped At Knife-Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Grupo(m): 10:02am On Dec 04, 2018
This is why we should be giving proper orientation to our university students. Back then in the university, there used to be too much emphasis on GPA and that made it seem like that's all that matters.

If the guy had been properly educated to know that one no longer needs a certificate to earn a good living in this internet age, he would have still been alive today.

Even my BSc certificate with a clean 2.1 from a reputable Tier 1 federal university in this country is just resting idly in my files.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Ihsan6(m): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2018
I graduated from that same faculty over 10 years ago (may, 2008) n I can tell u there r some sadist lecturers there. it was tough though but doesn't worth life.

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by amalab30(m): 10:06am On Dec 04, 2018
This is the failure if the system in full glare. When organizations place adverts for 1st class graduates and at most a second class upper, the quest to attain these levels becomes a task.

People give it everything to get this grade. Family, peer, and other forms of pressure comes into this stuff. Buh I tell you the problem is with the government.

If jobs are provided; white collar and menial jobs that have a standard minimum wage across all sectors and the people in government don't steal monies, they'll be less pressure to even go to school or exit at secondary School level where your language proficiency is above average.

Many of our friends and brothers that travel abroad,ask them,do they use their certificates to get jobs?

So many of them juss apply and they train them on the job wid the requisite skills to adopt.

Nigeria is gone. Failure of the government is all I see here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Jonegonu: 10:08am On Dec 04, 2018
U are very stupid man
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Maj196(m): 10:09am On Dec 04, 2018
He's notin but a pusssy for taking his own life. I had similar experience but i never gave up I held on till I left dat skul for gud. There is more to life than just mere certificates...
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Johnsown1(m): 10:14am On Dec 04, 2018
Why should a sane person kill himself because of what human(lecturers) said about you when God has not spoken, even some of the people that got first class are in the street begging for food,

One guy in my neighbour hood was blabbing one night that he wasted his money and time in school because he is bus driver now, that had it been he had known he wouldn't have gone to school. i pitied him, i told him that going to school does not a guarantee a first class job but but an avenue to educate your self, select from many opportunities available in the school or able to see some of the opportunities in your environment and develop your self in other to help the society.

Such a painful death, some of these lecturers are ready to tarnish and kill your dreams if your not carefull,currently as a student i know how they extort money from us un-neccessarily (pratical fee, change of teller, bank commissions, lecturers welfar and many more) and even talks to you as if you are not human when you visit their table.
God is our strength
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by qanda: 10:28am On Dec 04, 2018
Sad
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by carammel(f): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2018
He is a bloody coward, I don't pity him, I only pity his parents.
What many fail to understand is that the depression in school is nothing compared to graduating without getting any job not money to start a business or to acquire any skills.
Those that didn't go to school are still making it.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by BushDoctor123: 10:57am On Dec 04, 2018
BiGVEEN58:
This guy nor see half of what my supervisor did to me during my project, I swear.

The lady frustrated my life for no reason. She just hated my boldness.

I cried. But suicide??

(In Kanye’s voice)
“What kind of talk is that?”
That is exactly what my son went through, he cried all day when he realised he didnt make the expected grade due to the high handedness of his supervisor, & his innability to pay the exobitant amount he (supervisor) requested for which made his GP to drop. His mom had to tell him to take it easy, that it is not the end of the world. Many student couldn't make it out from school alive. That he should count himself lucky to be among the graduand. He is very inteligent & has a bright future.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by olawooro: 11:10am On Dec 04, 2018
tiger2080:
what an easy way to die.why take ur life because of school.school that does not guarantee success.during my Masters I was suspended because a girl touch me at my back to ask me a question. I was trying to tell the girl to calm down so that the useless man will leave the hall first so I can give her answers to the question but the girl the not listen keep on disturbing me.The big fool saw us an gave us malpractice form even when I tried to explained to the fool.both of us were suspended the girl went to commit suicide.I have to forget about the program close to 800k was gone.but life continues after two week I was giving promotion in my working place with an higher salary.I heard the man appointment has been terminated because of corrupt practice. you see how God works. lesson: don't kill urself because of little things every dissapoiment is a blessing.
Did you know you responsible for the death of the girl? God go judge you
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by stanley000: 11:15am On Dec 04, 2018
Life is like a medieval war, the weak get trampled behind.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by olawooro: 11:17am On Dec 04, 2018
Gordieshegz:

Bros,you have said my mind..

But it doesnt just end at telling someone..
people should learn how to respond to such calls..
Depressed individuals usually won't reveal more than what Wale revealed up there..
His friends should have picked up on such suicidal attempts..
those friends of his were useless when he needed them the most.

I keep saying it. We are gradually building a dysfunctional society where people will be taking photographs of accident victims without rendering any help.
Where friendships are more virtual than real( friends living in the same town and only talking on social media for days without seeing each other..)

Whatever happened to that friend of Wale consoling him on whatsapp to have checked on him in person if they stay in the same Ilorin?
Whatever stopped him from calling anyone close to Wale to keep his company at that evening and keep his mind busy with words of encouragement?
Whatever happened to other friends on his timeline who saw his profile update of sniper and felt unconcerned or not crirtical?

Depression is real and people should help one another in the best way possible..
Preaching
They will always be looking for a way to shifting the blame on the innocent while trying to justifying the criminal that committed the crime.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by fasho01(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2018
darfay:

My God not let you experience depression otherwise you know how insensitive and childish this comment his. See how quickly you judged someone you do not even know

Sadly this is the case with the Nigeria of today. Depression is damn real. Let's try our best to be of support to the people around us, be slow to judge others
And who ever is going through such phase please speak to someone about it

It is well

The honest truth is that no one really cares about what the other is going through. We always trivialize issues relating to this and then chastise the fellow whom we're supposed to reach out to

Sad case indeed

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Damilolaadored(f): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2018
Rextizzle:
The guy is stupid for taking his own life

This statement is sad.
RIP Wale
. All these half news going around. He didn't kill himself because of project. And you don't get to judge him, we are stronger than each other. May we always fine help when we need it.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Coldplayyy(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2018
natural selection
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by fk001(m): 11:34am On Dec 04, 2018
olawooro:
Did you know you responsible for the death of the girl? God go judge you

He is not at fault, the lecturer should be hold accountable for her death.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 04, 2018
Anyone that commits suicide, goes straight to Hell, that is confirmed!
Yea it's d truth, dis life isn't easy essp. In 9ja most time it is only d thought of goin to hell dat keeps me from commiting suicide masef,bt at d end,its always fun 2 continue.life is all about "d victor and d vanquished" it take courage nd determination to keep on winning.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by davosea(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2018
this is too bad,there many things to focus on
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by davosea(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2018
davosea:
this is too bad,there are many things to focus on
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2018
NIGERIA SCHOOL IS A SCAM. ALL DIS LECTURER WILL BE DOING EVERYTHING TO FURSTRATE YOUR LIFE. IF U DID NOT DANCE TO THERE TUNE

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by Ftheophilous(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2018
Suicide! Why?!
I am so much pained right now after reading this melanchonic piece. Suicide is most definitely not the solution to any predicament one might encounter. I have been very much depressed before as to regarding my academics. That was during the first semester of my first year in the university. I thought that I would die after obtaining a Gp of 3.5 out the obtainable 7.0. I was so far in the pit of depression that for 2 weeks I got out of touch with reality. Nevertheless, slowly and steadly, I got back on my feet. I certainly do get depressed sometimes but I have never for once contemplated suicide-I just let the feeling ease off like everyother emotional phenomena that plague humans.

Depression is one of the plethora of emotions that humans are subjected to. We should try as much as possible not to make rash decisions during this state.

To every other person out there contemplating suicide. Please know that no bad situation in this life is worth your life.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by IMASTEX: 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2018
BlueRayDick:
What makes it sad is the same project the lecturers are forming perfectionist on top will be trashed few years after the particular set graduates
The saddest of it, is that the so called degree will be useless in Nigeria without a godfather if he so chose to depend on it. Funny enough, he might even become very successful without the degree if he hustles smart.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by ahshop: 7:15am On Mar 11, 2019
Do you need professional assignment help in Australia, UK, USA, New Zealand, UAE, China, Switzerland? Let you receive feature-rich assignment directly into your email and Assignment Help Shop Portal on-time.
Re: Unilorin Student Commits Suicide Over Failure Of Project by ultimatekint(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2019
Mumu,Why kill yourself��

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army Deserter, 33 Others Arrested For Suspected Internet Fraud In Osogbo / Lady Calls Out Police Officer Who Almost Got Her Crushed Because He Wanted Bribe / EFCC Arrests 34 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Delta State, Seize Their Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.