Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly (40470 Views)

Messi Wins Ballon D'or 2021 Award / Georgina Rodriguez Reacts As Messi Wins Ballon D’or / Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by LucemFerre: 5:55am On Dec 04, 2018
Yea, okay I understand that they wanna end the Ronalmessi era by force but, Messi 5th? Haba.
Let's be clear, is this World cup d'or? Modric no deserve anything.
Sjneider will never forgive these clowns.
RonalMessi are still the world's best to me... Fvck FIFA

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Damfostopper(m): 6:00am On Dec 04, 2018
it is now glaring that FIFA and ballon d or organizers are pathetic scumbags.....

Since Modric has won it with reaching world cup final and winning champions league....

then 2010 award should have been Sneigder because he reached World Cup final,,,, won Champions League and even won Serie A unlike Modric that didn't win the LA Liga.....

Final 2010 list should have been Sneigder.... Iniesta and Xavi..... Messi inclusion was Nonnsense

They better apologies to Wesley Sneigder...... Bunch of nonentities

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by andrew444(m): 6:14am On Dec 04, 2018
AIG07:
FIFA and The French Ballon D'or organizers should apologize to Wesley Sneidjer. As he was what Modric is in 2010.
Champions League trophy with Inter Milan
World Cup Finalist with Netherland
Italian Serie A winner
Scudetto champion
Etc. But Messi was chosen ahead of him.

Congrats to Luka Modric. World Best Player!

Happy for him. Well deserved. Normalty is been restored to the award. Football is not all about the scorers. There are players who work harder to make their teams win and they have been overlooked over the years due to Messi- Ronaldo strong football influence.

Once again congrats to the man Luka Modric.

#From Agba Awo to Agbaye!

Sorry it was iniesta that need apology and not Wesley sneidjer,sneidjer didn't even make the top 3
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Johnmattee(m): 6:35am On Dec 04, 2018
Anyway congrats to modric, we'll see if he can hold on to it next season.
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Awesomefred32(m): 6:54am On Dec 04, 2018
AIG07:
FIFA and The French Ballon D'or organizers should apologize to Wesley Sneidjer. As he was what Modric is in 2010.
Italian Serie A winner
Scudetto champion

Happy for him. Well deserved. Normalty is been restored to the award. Football is not all about the scorers. There are players who work harder to make their teams win and they have been overlooked over the years due to Messi- Ronaldo strong football influence.

hala madrid

nice one

well deserved
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by ghuzy01: 7:07am On Dec 04, 2018
AIG07:
Italian Serie A winner
Scudetto champion

That was how they robbed arjen Robben too that year

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Ikmontana1: 7:19am On Dec 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
You'll soon find out !
u b olodo walahi...
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Ozkar: 7:42am On Dec 04, 2018
sprints2:
well modric is a great player no doubt, but I think ronaldo should av won the award, world cup he played against weakened Argentina and scored in 3-0 win, played teams like Denmark round of 16 penalty shoot out, Russia Quarterfinal almost list in penalty shootout again, played england almost won in xtratime, played France no were to be found completely battered in midfield by kante and Pogba lost 5-2 or 4-2 can't remember score line yet they gave it to modric ..aka fraud
so, you are saying Ronaldo had a better world cup than Modric? For fvck's sake, Ronaldo had only one great game (their first game, against spain) and went downhill from there. We can also argue that Spain was weakened as they couldn't even beat Morocco that every one else beat.

These Ronaldo fan boys sha. If Modric doesn't deserve it, neither does Ronaldo. He played in at least 4 competitions and was only remarkable in one, the UCL (even flopped in the final, and Madrid needed Bale to save their asses).
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Remix10(m): 7:46am On Dec 04, 2018
Ezi1993:
Am depressed..pls somebody help!!!

Sorry dear, reach me on zero seven zero six three four seven three four eight eight. I can talk you out of depression.

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by okonyia(m): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2018
L. Modric in my opinion, didn't not deserve it. Ivthink CR7 does. But this my own opinion. Aside world cup, CR7 was the reason Real won Champoin league last season and all thir well display. But what I understand is they want to end CR7/MESI rotation of the award,but also a way of getting Messi back to top the chart next season. If it were to be Mesi that did what CR7 did last season, they wouldn't have think twice before awarding him the winner, but it is all good. Congrats to Modric.

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Ollyorganic: 8:01am On Dec 04, 2018
Its high time you guys realize that FIFA gives a large scale of assessment to world cup during the world cup year.
See canavaro in 2006, it was supposed to be Sneijder in 2010 but was cheated.
Modric won it because of world cup performance in conjunction with an outstanding season with Real Madrid.
Its a nice thing to be back to the normal play rule.
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Mariangeles(f): 8:04am On Dec 04, 2018
Ikmontana1:
u b olodo walahi...
...and you are a dunce right ??
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by udemzyudex(m): 8:09am On Dec 04, 2018
ClintonEmex:
A well deserved winner.
A player who won the champions league,
led his team to world cup final and won the best player of the tournament deserves it.
This is a dream come true for the midfield engineer himself.
I said it that the world cup will play a pivotal role in this year's balon d'or and some doubted it.
My mind also tells me that if C Ronaldo had stayed at Madrid till now, he would have been the one taking home all these Modric's awards.

Well deserve?

Naa, fifa just want to end the reign of Messi and Ronaldo so the next person they feel is worth it is Modric.
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by udemzyudex(m): 8:12am On Dec 04, 2018
Racoon:
Well deserved! Congrats!

You guys keep shouting well deserved, can you compare his achievements in 2018 to that of Messi and Ronaldo?
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by JujuYouth: 8:17am On Dec 04, 2018
Ojoro
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Laido: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2018
Ezi1993:

What is wrong ma'am? Problems shared is Half solved!

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Julivas(m): 9:08am On Dec 04, 2018
Ezi1993:
just tired of the world.
Why nah? When there is life , there is hope o. Don't be tired of the world biko

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by abagajnr93(m): 9:23am On Dec 04, 2018
he dominated mostly in the domestic cup in 2018...
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by abagajnr93(m): 9:25am On Dec 04, 2018
peterd53:
As a Barca fan and of a good football lover, Messi deserve to b among d final 3. Imagine Mbappe and grizmamn above Messi. D organizers didn’t even put consistency over 3 seasons into consideration. Na wa ooo
from my point of view the world cup played a major role this time around...
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Sketch007(m): 9:26am On Dec 04, 2018
Ezi1993:

Yea sure..but can't speak now becos u might not actually hear what I'll be saying becos of tears.I'll talk about it tomorrow

Ezi... How are you doing and hope u really were able to have a sound sleep?? Life is full of it's ups and downs and in all I do believe it's fullness will spur us on to having better days.. Just thought I'd check up on you.

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by CharlieMaria(m): 9:29am On Dec 04, 2018
Ezi1993:
sent u a PM...Can I be of help??,,,08038628486...My Whatsaap contact

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by LucemFerre: 9:38am On Dec 04, 2018
Ozkar:
so, you are saying Ronaldo had a better world cup than Modric? For fvck's sake, Ronaldo had only one great game (their first game, against spain) and went downhill from there. We can also argue that Spain was weakened as they couldn't even beat Morocco that every one else beat.

These Ronaldo fan boys sha. If Modric doesn't deserve it, neither does Ronaldo. He played in at least 4 competitions and was only remarkable in one, the UCL (even flopped in the final, and Madrid needed Bale to save their asses).

Dundee

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Banter1(m): 10:48am On Dec 04, 2018
Asour:

You may be right, but then, does that mean the last 4 (or a few of them) he won while featuring for RM are unmerited/undeserving?
No bro, we deserved.
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Laido: 11:05am On Dec 04, 2018
Ezi1993:

Your my Birthday Month mate again!! DM me your contact!
No matter wetin devil smoke, E can never be the most high!!

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Ezi1993(f): 1:22pm On Dec 04, 2018
Sketch007:

Ezi... How are you doing and hope u really were able to have a sound sleep?? Life is full of it's ups and downs and in all I do believe it's fullness will spur us on to having better days.. Just thought I'd check up on you.
Thank you dearie I really do appreciate.
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Sketch007(m): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2018
Ezi1993:

Thank you dearie I really do appreciate.

You're welcome..

1 Like

Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Casemiro(m): 8:15am On Dec 11, 2018
> it is well

Ronaldo the GOAT
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Topmaike007(m): 10:17pm On Dec 22, 2018
LesbianBoy:
Did you all notice Modric didn't have so many highlights unlike others yet he is winning the award

Scam!!!

Nice one that CR7 and Messi didn't come
did you watch what Modric 10 did today he just gave Madrid another title with a goal and and assist...
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Topmaike007(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2018
Pekele007:
Apparently, he was dashed the award just because the organizers wanted to put an end to the Ronaldo and Messi dominance.

Absolute rubbish... UEFA should apologize to Wesley Sneidjer, Iniesta and Xavi and they must be honoured accordingly too.

Let's see how the latest world best will be able to help Madrid escape relegation or even reach UCL quarter finals this season.
grin
Modric 10 has won another title for me today Oo 4fifa world club cup no be beans abeg...if you don't agree you can go and hug the nearby transformer.
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Airhuncho(m): 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
Lanre4uonly:
Congratulations Luka Modric. More award to your cabinet.
This is the first and last time he will win any global award....Rubbish!
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by Airhuncho(m): 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
What a fucking disgrace, modric doesnt deserve half of the shit he got....he's did nothing spectacular, he didnt lead madrid anywhere, ronaldo did....he's performance was terrible...Balon dor became a pity party.
Re: Modric Wins Ballon D'or 2018 To End Ronaldo & Messi 10-year Duopoly by EDOLUWA: 10:37am On Jan 03, 2019
Moukandjo:

I dey suspect say you be Utd fan because naso them dey talk! How is Madrid shambolic now? Are they out of the UCL now? And is it the league that C.Ronaldo won just 2 times (just one more than Atletico) in his whole 9 year Madrid career that you're talking about E go shock you say Madrid go win UCL again this season!

Am not a United fan and to say Madrid will win UCL made me laugh because they have lost the man(CR7) that guaranteed the cup for them with his goals..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Harry Maguire Forgets He Was The Captain For Man Utd / Marinho Brings Out The VAR Celebration / Victor Moses Eager To Start World Cup Campaign On A High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.