Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (32099 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Resting During An Operation In The North. Photo / Aba: A City In Ruins / Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 3:12am On Jul 20, 2011
All these Yoruba people all have skeleton in their closet only thing they good at hating even in abia state they have awolowo st still they are not happy, what can one do to please this bad people undecided undecided they don't want to see any thing igbo that is beyond their level, zik is always going to respresent what he is ZIK OF AFRICA  as long as Nigeria/ federal government and our constitution is concern,  my advice  to haters, you all should go and drink OTA KPIA KPIA  and follow suit,
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by henry101(m): 3:16am On Jul 20, 2011
The collaboration of other parts of Nigeria would be understandable, seeing that by 1964, the Eastern region was already touted as the fastest growing economy in the world by research reports commissioned by the World Bank and by Harvard University in the United States.

The Eastern Nigerian Economic reconstruction plan (1954-1964) - the ten year plan - drawn by the visionary Zik, and the eminently brilliant Mbonu Ojike, the most acute economic mind of that generation of argonauts, and later fully implemented by the inimitable Michael Okpara, had placed the East on a development route, [b]that by the 1960s all the talk of "Igbo domination" was merely a metaphor of the progress in the East.

The institutions like the African Continental Bank,
Eastern Nigerian Development Corporation,
University of Nigeria ,
Nigercem,
Nigergas,
Nigersteel,
Factory,glass industries,
hotels,
farm settlements,
Aba Textile company,
Golden Guinea Breweries in Umuahia,
Standard Shoe Factory in Owerri,
Industrial which is still in existence and in good use today, etc.
The products and services of these institutions and businesses were first class. Thus, people had full employment. With the economy growing annually at between 10 and 12%, the Eastern Nigerian economy was one of the fastest growing worldwide.

The Eastern Nigerian government was the pacesetter in development and the regional governments in the West and the North responded almost like copycats. For instance, when the University of Nigeria was established in 1960 with campuses at Nsukka and Calabar, the Akintola government responded in 1962 by building the University of Ife now named Obafemi Awolowo University and the Northern Regional government replied by building Ahmadu Bello University at Zaria. Also when Zik built the African Continental Bank to help in the formation of indigenous capital and the empowerment of our people who could not obtain bank facilities from the foreign owned banks of those years, Awolowo quickly built the National Bank and the Sardauna established Bank of the North. When Okpara employed the services of the Israelis to build Nigeria's first farm settlements, the Western Nigerian government quickly followed suit.

Now you can see it all,
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by henry101(m): 3:18am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

A sad reflection of your own lack of anything about the history of Nigeria.

Btw,   

You be proper opuno and a real confirmed arse licking ode,

Now answer the question I asked, was Awolowo a corrupt public official?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 3:23am On Jul 20, 2011
^^
YOU KNOW THE MONKEY WILL NEVER ANSWER YOU, JUST GOOD AT PUTTING UP STUPID ARTICLES AND TRYING TO TWIST THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA,I CANT GET THAT BOY SWEAR DOWN angry angry
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ektbear: 3:25am On Jul 20, 2011
henry101:

The collaboration of other parts of Nigeria would be understandable, seeing that by 1964, the Eastern region was already touted as the fastest growing economy in the world by research reports commissioned by the World Bank and by Harvard University in the United States.

Makes sense. Oil was discovered. Before then, Eastern region had the same GDP/capita as the North.

Ghana's economy has grown massively too with the discovery of oil.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 3:27am On Jul 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

Makes sense. Oil was discovered. Before then, Eastern region had the same GDP/capita as the North.

Ghana's economy has grown massively too with the discovery of oil.

Yes o!! God bless the land of Ghana! cool May Nigeria continue to rot in her rottingnessness.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 3:29am On Jul 20, 2011
henry101:

You be proper opuno and a real confirmed arse licking ode,

Now answer the question I asked, was Awolowo a corrupt public official?

Olodo, Awo was not guilty of anything, it was all politics and kangaroo court BS by the opposition and the same ZIK and his corrupt cronies.  

Is this what you are talking about? Like I said, you clowns have zero knowledge about your own country's shady political history and many malfeasance. But' Ill keep lecturing you.

Three, the fight against corruption in the country has historically been intertwined with political vendetta. For instance though both the Foster-Sutton Tribunal (1956) and the Coker Commission (1962) found Zik and Awolowo respectively guilty of corruption, everyone knew that politics intruded in their findings.

http://www.transparencyng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3605:is-corruption-really-the-problem&catid=118:jideofor-adibe&Itemid=37

Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 3:31am On Jul 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yes o!! God bless the land of Ghana! cool May Nigeria continue to rot in her rottingnessness.
what is wrong with this one cheesy cheesy it be like say Ghana man don dey pipe you wellaaaaa tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by aljharem3: 3:31am On Jul 20, 2011
henry101:

yeah when you dont want to read and understand what the content says then you are a fool,
you act like an eediottt all day, digging up stoppoid threads and making fun of Igbo people,
Gowon, muritala, and your demi-gods put together tried in the past with guns and bombs but they didnt succeed. What makes you think you can?
I know you and know exactly what you do. You live a stoopooid fake life.
You ungrateful son of a mallam,
I am waiting for the next igbo topic, if you dnt you will choke and have nightmares about Igbo,
You slow tribalist,

I read it and understood the content before i replied you and that is why i said HOW IS IT RELEVANT TO ZIK ACHIEVEMENT WE STILL FEEL IN NIGERIA TODAY? thanks
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 3:31am On Jul 20, 2011
ak47mann:

^^
YOU KNOW THE MONKEY WILL NEVER ANSWER YOU, JUST GOOD AT PUTTING UP silly ARTICLES AND TRYING TO TWIST THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA,I CANT GET THAT BOY SWEAR DOWN angry angry

Dum.b illiterate olodo, have you and your olodo brothers listed ZIKs achievements after 10 pages of irrelevant rubbish?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by aljharem3: 3:32am On Jul 20, 2011
henry101:

The Eastern Nigerian Economic reconstruction plan (1954-1964) - the ten year plan - drawn by the visionary Zik, and the eminently brilliant Mbonu Ojike, the most acute economic mind of that generation of argonauts, and later fully implemented by the inimitable Michael Okpara, had placed the East on a development route, [b]that by the 1960s all the talk of "Igbo domination" was merely a metaphor of the progress in the East.

The institutions like the African Continental Bank,
Eastern Nigerian Development Corporation,
University of Nigeria ,
Nigercem,
Nigergas,
Nigersteel,
Factory,glass industries,
hotels,
farm settlements,
Aba Textile company,
Golden Guinea Breweries in Umuahia,
Standard Shoe Factory in Owerri,
Industrial which is still in existence and in good use today, etc.
The products and services of these institutions and businesses were first class. Thus, people had full employment. With the economy growing annually at between 10 and 12%, the Eastern Nigerian economy was one of the fastest growing worldwide.

The Eastern Nigerian government was the pacesetter in development and the regional governments in the West and the North responded almost like copycats. For instance, when the University of Nigeria was established in 1960 with campuses at Nsukka and Calabar, the Akintola government responded in 1962 by building the University of Ife now named Obafemi Awolowo University and the Northern Regional government replied by building Ahmadu Bello University at Zaria. Also when Zik built the African Continental Bank to help in the formation of indigenous capital and the empowerment of our people who could not obtain bank facilities from the foreign owned banks of those years, Awolowo quickly built the National Bank and the Sardauna established Bank of the North. When Okpara employed the services of the Israelis to build Nigeria's first farm settlements, the Western Nigerian government quickly followed suit.

Now you can see it all,

much better, NOW HOW MANY OF THOSE COMPANIES STILL EXIST or are used in nigeria today?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 20, 2011
ak47mann:

what is wrong with this one  cheesy cheesy it be like say Ghana man don dey pipe you wellaaaaa tongue tongue tongue tongue

Anyone with a reasonable mind can see that Ghana will surpass Nigeria. . . .  may Nigeria continue to rot! cool
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 3:34am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Dum.b illiterate olodo, have you and your olodo brothers listed ZIKs achievements.?
shut up man you bloody irritating S.H.IT. blow urself up if you cant stand[b] THE GREAT ZIK ACHIEVEMENT YOUR COUNTRY FRIST PRESIDENT EITHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT MONKEY YORUBA MAN[/b]
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ektbear: 3:37am On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ak47mann(m): 3:39am On Jul 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Anyone with a reasonable mind can see that Ghana will surpass Nigeria. . . .  may Nigeria continue to rot! cool
may be undecided
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bashr4: 3:40am On Jul 20, 2011
i want to know how awolowo or yoruba found its way into this thread
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by aljharem3: 3:42am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

i want to know how awolowo or yoruba found its way into this thread

ask chino and others o
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 20, 2011
alj_harem:

ask chino and others o

Chino is Igbo. So he brought Yoruba into this thread? hmmmmm You see? Do you see? Ehn ehn so you see. Okay! grin
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by henry101(m): 3:49am On Jul 20, 2011
ekt_bear:

Coker Commission report on Awolowo appears to have been a shammockery:

http://books.google.com/books?id=3FHvvW1TclIC&pg=PA104&lpg=PA104&dq=coker+commission+of+inquiry&source=bl&ots=RiC1pRYU4O&sig=Lfrj1L6o8h1l-q2nxVBtu76n1FU&hl=en&ei=QT4mTtm4NaTiiAKDzJneCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CDYQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=coker%20commission%20of%20inquiry&f=false

Now was it proven that Awo was corrupt or not in the reference you posted?
I didnt want to turn this thread to a Zik vs Awo thread but Eko ile in his usual rascal and toutist adedibuist character derailed this thread.
If anyone was tried and found guilty, then He's culpable to the crime he committed.
If Awo had felt he was not guilty then show me where He appealed.
Awo had the best for the west, which was better but Zik had the best for Nigeria which was the best wrt the black movement and the cry for African independence.
People can argue about their philosophy and their life style which is also a good discourse but turning it to a tribal cyber warfare like Eko Igbe has done is crazy and uncalled for.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by aljharem3: 3:51am On Jul 20, 2011
henry101:

I didnt want to turn this thread to a Zik vs Awo thread but Eko ile in his usual rascal and toutist adedibuist character derailed this thread.
If anyone was tried and found guilty, then He's culpable to the crime he committed.
Awo had the best for the west, which was better but Zik had the best for Nigeria which was the best wrt the black movement and the cry for African independence.
People can argue about their philosophy and their life style which is also a good discourse but turning it to a tribal cyber warfare like Eko Igbe has done is crazy and uncalled for.

wat u talking about. u hav already don that undecided
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by ektbear: 3:52am On Jul 20, 2011
Doesn't look like he was personally corrupt, just heavily blurred the line between state and party. No indication he stole money for himself there.

But the larger point of that analysis is that the entire trial was purely politically motivated. Like, read what I linked to
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 4:05am On Jul 20, 2011
henry101:

You are free to find room and swim inside your own ignorance.

Ok, Awo was corrupt. You got it.

Now, can we get the zik accomplishments?

And why is your world famous ZIK of Africa buried inside rubbish?

lol @ ibo loud mouths. One one hand, zik is tha alpha and omega, on the other hand, he ain't worth poo but rubbish.

You people are mad I swear,
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by henry101(m): 4:44am On Jul 20, 2011
Haters can continue to hate,
Zik the Pan African, Speech in Washington 1949,

(1949) Nnamdi Azikiwe Addresses Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity at its 35th Annual Convention in Washington, D.C

Here Nnamdi Azikiwe, future first President of Nigeria, delivers an address to his fellow fraternity members at the Banneker High School Auditorium, Washington, D.C., on December 27, 1949, at the 35th Anniversary of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity.

I have travelled 8,500 miles in order to be present on this momentous occasion. It took me less than 40 hours to make the trip by aeroplane, in two stages, thanks to modern scientific knowledge. I bring you greetings from Sigma men who are scattered over the continent of Africa. In concert with their comrades-in-arms they are playing their part in the great awakening which has gripped that continent of everlasting spring, having been imbued with the idea of ‘Culture for service and service for humanity’.

What is the nature of the struggle for national freedom in contemporary Africa? What are the forces at work to intensify that struggle? What is the reaction of the African people towards national realization? What is the role of the United States in this attempt of the African towards national self-determination? These are some of the issues I shall attempt to clarify within the limited time at my disposal. Throughout Black Africa, a struggle for national freedom is in the offing, because factors of imperialism have stultified the normal growth of Africans in the community of nations. Consequently, our indigenous people present a sorry spectacle of degraded humanity. Politically, they are dominated by alien races and are denied the basic human rights. Socially, the African has been made to witness discrimination of different kinds against him in his own native land. Economically, the African has been subjected to exploitation of a most heinous type, whilst he vegetates below the minimum subsistence level of existence. Yet, in spite of his plight he has become self-assertive and he is demanding a place in the sun.

What forces have been at work to intensify this struggle of the African for self-determination? Let me take the liberty of referring to comments made by Mrs. Eleanor Roosevelt during the World War II, when it appeared that certain sections of American society were diffident in participating wholeheartedly in the war. She said: ‘We are fighting a war today so that individuals all over the world may have freedom. This means an equal chance for every man to have food and shelter and a minimum of such things as spell happiness to that particular human personality. If we believe firmly that peace cannot come to the world unless this is true for men all over the world, then we must know in our nation that every man, regardless of race and religion, has this chance. Otherwise we fight for nothing of real value. . . . If the future holds only a repetition of the past, if in each nation there are to be real slaves, even though they do not exist in name, then the boys who say they do not know why they fight have a right to say so. There would be no world worth fighting for and the only men who would have any reason for fighting would be the professional soldiers who fight for the love of fighting.’

That was precisely what happened to the African. He was persuaded to fight in order to free European nations. His reward was denial of freedom and the tightening of the chains of servitude. Due to the forces of intolerance, prejudice, ignorance, pride, and superstition, those whose homes were bombed by the V1 and V2 bombs, those who had suffered the humiliation of the concentration camp—refugees, displaced persons, kings without kingdoms, ‘Governments’ without countries—these ungrateful Europeans continued the enslavement of their former comrades-in-arms, after winning the war. Thus they have failed to win the peace. Today, man is still a wolf to man, and the teeming millions of Africans have been denied the heritage of democracy, despite their sacrifices in two world wars for its attainment.

I think that the Government and the people of the United States can play a creditable role in the attempt of the African to achieve freedom in his life-time. Emerging from World War II not only as an arsenal but a bastion of democracy, the United States has been presented by history with an opportunity for constructive statesmanship on the continent of Africa. Having been educated in the United States, I could be expected to be steeped in the traditions of Jeffersonian democracy. But that cannot make me blind to any situation which might stunt the natural development of my people towards an independent national existence. At times, I am perplexed at the role of the United States on the African continent. Is this great nation buttressing the forces of European reaction so as to manacle the people of Africa and thwart their legitimate aspirations towards nationhood?

It is obvious that the United States Government is assuming some responsibility for the development of the under-developed areas of the world. We who live in some of these under-developed areas are profoundly gratified that such a great nation should realize the urgent need for this economic step. The proposal of the Point Four Programme by President Harry S. Truman is indicative that this part of the world feels that its economic life is affected by the conditions which have caused stagnation in underdeveloped areas, comprising more than half the people of the world. Perhaps it is fitting at this moment to interject an old adage familiar to all of you, that no economic chain can be stronger than its weakest link. From the fact that more than half the chain is weak, it follows that the economic mooring of the world is not too secure.

It is commendable that at this moment in the course of world history, when cold war propaganda has such an unnerving effect on the more highly developed nations, President Truman should propose something that should lighten the tension of this ideological warfare. Such a project is ripe with possibilities that may save the world from a war more devastating than the two struggles that most of us have witnessed in our life-time. The crux of this programme seems to me in a large measure to be the solution of the problem with which we are confronted in West Africa. Moreover, it is a denunciation of the old imperialistic policies based on exploitation of less fortunate people that has heretofore set the world asunder. It means that the people of the western world may look forward to a more bountiful life; that they may feel that they can enter more freely in the competitive struggle to satisfy their human wants. The effect on the people of Africa can be better imagined.

But is there a deeper economic significance to the Point Four Programme? Is it possible that the under-developed areas contain raw materials which the United States must have because the stock-pile reserves are getting dangerously low? To an African who has been conditioned to expect many strange behaviour patterns in international relations, in so far as these patterns have affected Africa, the questions seem to cast the twin shadows of doubt and fear. I am optimistic enough to believe that President Truman must have fully realized that in spite of the urgent need for replenishing the stock-pile of priority materials, such as cocoa, tin, columbite, bauxite, palm products, uranium and so on, which abound in my country, all under-developed areas must be invited to participate in a programme that has the potential ingredient for establishing more firmly the four freedoms so essential to a free world.

One feels that the President had rightly put the aims and objectives of his country first. It follows that all advantages for that country must be considered. That, again, is as it should be for the best interest of this country. But we who live on the other side of the world could derive many benefits from these co-operative efforts. Naturally, our aim would be to work vigorously for the success of such a programme. In it we can visualize a turn of events which can lead ultimately to our independence.

However, the general nature of the President’s Point Four Programme has elicited different interpretations from various interests. Big business in America, for instance, sees it as a new avenue for private ventures and from all appearances suggests that the Government guarantees security of operation against risk. While, on the other hand, the British authorities have interpreted the Point Four Programme as a new device for bridging Britain’s dollar gap. in the light of this latter interpretation, which is very vital to the struggle we are making for freedom, it is heartening to know that the United States is not necessarily in accord with Britain on this score. This may suggest the reason for the Kennan Report’s recommendation of an on-the-spot study of the African situation. It may hasten the day when the United States and Britain must re-orient their policies in respect of future relations with Africa as an under-developed area.

Sources:

Nnamdi Azikiwe, Zik: A Selection from the Speeches of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Governor-General of the Federation of Nigeria formerly President of the Nigerian Senate formerly Premier of the Eastern Region of Nigeria (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1961).

http://www.blackpast.org/?q=1949-nnamdi-azikiwe-addresses-phi-beta-sigma-fraternity-its-35th-annual-convention-washington-d-c
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by aljharem3: 4:49am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

You are free to find room and swim inside your own ignorance.

Ok, Awo was corrupt. You got it.

Now, can we get the zik accomplishments?

And why is your world famous ZIK of Africa buried inside rubbish?

gbammm undecided undecided undecided this guy is just giving us story undecided
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by henry101(m): 4:58am On Jul 20, 2011
Yes You all want stories,
Zik the African

The NCNC Political Training School was set up at Yaba in Lagos and apart from our youths who were trained in the school, Zik extended his hand of fellowship to contemporaries like Kaunda, Nyerere, and Banda to send their youths for training. Many of the youths who passed through this school at Yaba were to become Ministers and Leaders in various fields in their countries. I remember such names as Tom Mboya, Odinga Oginga and Sam Nujoma who later became the President of South West Africa.

He came to us as leader of his party, South West Peoples Organization (SWAPO). Among the teachers in the school may be mentioned, Ogoegbunam Dafe, Chudi Akunyili, Kola Balogun, Mokwugwo Okoye, my humble self and Fred. Mc Ewen.

ZIK and Mandela
In 1961, the racist government of South Africa and British Intelligence were furiously looking for Nelson Mandela. He was obliged to take refuge in Nigeria, and Zik, the Governor_General, assigned him to live with me at Ikoyi. I was the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Information.

Mandela lived with me at No.5 Okotie –Eboh Street, Ikoyi for more than four months. About the fifth month, Mandela soliloquized openly to my hearing, “for how long must I continue in this hide and seek game. I’d better go back to South Africa to give leadership to the people; if they kill me, my death will inspire the other nationalists to continue the struggle until total victory is won”.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 4:59am On Jul 20, 2011
Bottom line, since we can not get these clowns to list ziks achievements, it meas he was an incompetent non achiever and he still dint achieve a common decent grave that even ordinary common man is entitled to hence ibo people paying him back by burying him inside rubbish.

I understand sha, ndo
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by henry101(m): 5:02am On Jul 20, 2011
Haters can die a slow or fast death. The choice is always yours,
Zik is mentioned on the african continent whenever great africans are mentioned
Zik the African,

The continent of Africa makes up over 14 percent of the world’s population, second only to Asia’s 60 percent. With close to a billion inhabitants and 54 sovereign countries, there’s no denying the magnitude of her global importance.

She is home to Egypt, the first, and to date, the greatest civilization the world has ever known – her great pyramids built by incredible ingenuity and mental prowess, which still to date elude and confound the brightest archaeological minds. To add, Africa hails as the richest continent in the world, not only in natural resources, but also in her production of intellectual capital.

However, isn’t it curious to note that with all her potential, she is resident with the highest percentage of poor peoples and curiously the most underprivileged? It is even more soberly to find she’s ridden with the highest levels of illiteracy the world over, and is ranked the least developed of all the earth’s continents.

Has anyone ever stop to really ask the question, “why?” How can a continent be this rich, and yet so poor?

… I once came across this great quote that read, “The answer to Africa’s problems is not ‘aid in Africa’, ‘but made in Africa’”. This is the statement that encapsulates this spirit of the new Africans referred to as “the cheetahs” by Economist George Ayittey.

Consider this, not only is she naturally endowed with self-sustaining resources such as oil, diamonds, gold, iron, cobalt, uranium, copper, bauxite, silver, petroleum, but also the best of woods and tropical fruits. If this is true, why are none of these noted as “made in Africa”?

Africa is home to some of the world’s greatest minds. On the list are names like Dennis Brutus, Wole Soyinka, Christopher Okigbo, Leopold Sedar Senghor, Arthur Nortie, Kofi Awoonor, Lenrie Peters, Jared Angira, John Pepper Clark, Chinua Achebe, Glynn Burridge, Susan Kiguli? These are poets and authors that have left indelible marks in world history during the course of their life and work.

What about influencers like: Nelson Mandela, a living legend. Kwame Nkrumah, former president of Ghana? What about the great Julius Nyerere, former president of Tanzania? Shaka Zulu, the Zulu king and military genius? Nnamdi Azikiwe, the first president of independent Nigeria, who popularly was dubbed ‘Zik of Africa’? These are a few of those who have honorably lived and or laid their lives down for our continent – the ones who understood that ‘it is better to die free than to live in bondage’.

I find myself constantly bombarding my heart with questions like, “how can I forward this sacred movement?” “What one thing can I do today to ensure that their life and death were not in vain?” “How do I restore honor to this great land of mine?”

My friends, if we’ve learned anything from history, it is that we, as a people, must choose to forget the horrid memories that has, in the past, haunted and disempowered us. We must, instead, view them as a mirror, and see only the shadow that reflects the light of this generation’s awakening. It is incumbent on Africa’s youth to take this baton that is being passed on by those who have gone before us. We must rise to the occasion and accept our responsibility.

… This is our inheritance!
… It is our destiny!!
… This is our time!!!

http://www.theafropolitanexperience.com/2011/04/06/why-africa-now/
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bashr4: 5:03am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Bottom line, since we can not get these clowns to list ziks achievements, it meas he was an incompetent non achiever and he still dint achieve a common decent grave that even ordinary common man is entitled to hence ibo people paying him back by burying him inside rubbish.

I understand sha, ndo

i agree awo gave us tribalism even gowan was shocked that awo will come up with an idea to take all the money belonging to igbos , he is nothing but a common thief
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by EkoIle1: 5:08am On Jul 20, 2011
Another olodo incapable of listing anything.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by aljharem3: 5:09am On Jul 20, 2011
bashr4:

i agree awo gave us tribalism even gowan was shocked that awo will come up with an idea to take all the money belonging to igbos , he is nothing but a common thief

what money because the currency was changed so they had no money at the first place undecided
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bashr4: 5:10am On Jul 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

Another olodo incapable of listing anything.

have you not been reading throught the thread? are you blind? nigeria independence and unity alone is it not enough for you to stop hating.  undecided undecided
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by henry101(m): 5:13am On Jul 20, 2011
Haters go die a fast or slow one,

My Life As Secretary to Zik of Africa - Mrs. Morenike Sawyerr Hutchfull

2 July 2011

She was a super secretary and had the rare privilege of serving a famous President as well as a colonial Governor-General. Mrs. Edith Morenike Sawyerr Hutchfull was at various times the secretary to Nigeria's first president, the legendary Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe (The Great Zik of Africa), and his predecessor, the colonial Governor-General James Robertson. Now 87, Mama Saro, as she is popularly known around her Yaba residence, recalls the good old days in a rare conversation with Agatha Emeadi.

Read more,

http://allafrica.com/stories/201107080867.html

Zik, the most detribalised Nigerian,

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Lema Jibrin, The Most Tax Compliant Citizen In Nigeria, Meets Kemi Adeosun / Dele Momodu Visits Senator Ademola Adeleke In Ede (Photos) / Tinubu’s Cabinet: Payback Time For Northern APC Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.