Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil (3800 Views)

My Mechanic Uses Total Quartz Motor Oil 20W-50 For My Steering Pump. / Reasons You Always Have Engine Oil Shortage / Synthetic Motor Oil Versus Conventional Motor Oil Cold Pour Comparison Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by mayor2013: 8:02am On Dec 13, 2018
thebigkendo:

Can you please explain what you mean by the bolded?
Maintenance minder count down faster?

Yes sir. Got to 0% faster
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by thebigkendo(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2018
mayor2013:

Yes sir. Got to 0% faster

I doubt if oil type/spec affects the honda maintenance minder.. It's mainly a function of time, driving pattern, speed, engine and ambient temperature.
I stopped using mobil 1 AFS because my engine burns it faster.
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by sooperrescue(m): 9:22am On Dec 13, 2018
mayor2013:
This a theoretical forum. Speak of only what you have tried not what you hear all say. Do you know the so-called mobil 1 every one calls upon doesn't suit all vehicle. A client of ours who uses mobil1 on his Honda Accord 2008 i4 complained about shorter oil change interval. 2months OCI limit is reached. Until I told him to change to duramax that stopped. Take a look at what the engine looks like in the inside with the use of duramax 5w20. 4 years now
Mayor2013, my oga at the top. I wrote about Mobil 1 for hondas and Toyota. I also advised that duramax should tell everyone to use it for hondas and Toyota and Kia cars. That way, it will serve its purpose. What is on the spec sheets for the atf is not on the can for Ford transmission. I will show you the picture of the can when I get to the workshop. They should follow the path of GLife and rephrase the usage to Japanese cars. You glossed over the meaning of advanced full synthetic oil and full synthetic oil. Will Volvo recommend it for their cars?
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by sooperrescue(m): 9:35am On Dec 13, 2018
Why are they not selling this oil?

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by mayor2013: 9:45am On Dec 13, 2018
thebigkendo:

I doubt if oil type/spec affects the honda maintenance minder.. It's mainly a function of time, driving pattern, speed, engine and ambient temperature.
I stopped using mobil 1 AFS because my engine burns it faster.

Don't doubt it sir. Other People have had same complain as well
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by mayor2013: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

Mayor2013, my oga at the top. I wrote about Mobil 1 for hondas and Toyota. I also advised that duramax should tell everyone to use it for hondas and Toyota and Kia cars. That way, it will serve its purpose. What is on the spec sheets for the atf is not on the can for Ford transmission. I will show you the picture of the can when I get to the workshop. They should follow the path of GLife and rephrase the usage to Japanese cars. You glossed over the meaning of advanced full synthetic oil and full synthetic oil. Will Volvo recommend it for their cars?

Would you join the league when advanced full synthetic is sold wink
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by sooperrescue(m): 10:19am On Dec 13, 2018
mayor2013:

Would you join the league when advanced full synthetic is sold wink
Oga, I am already using the advanced full synthetic oil and I don't see any reason to use these type of oil for oil sake.
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 10:30am On Dec 13, 2018
mayor2013:

What you seek of can be found on the data spec sheet. Guess that was posted earlier

Thank you mayor2013. You speak from experience. The Data sheet information of 0w20, 5w30 and 5w20 has been posted in the first post. However, I will repost it again

AND

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 10:31am On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:
Why are they not selling this oil?

We choose what we sell. You are not the visionaire of the business. So stop asking why we can't sell it.
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

Kemi spoke to me from your office years back and promised to send me the spec sheets of the synthetic oil. There's a very fair guy with glasses who came with another guy and they were marketing the oil. I agreed with the atf but for the 5w30, we disagreed based on bobistheoilguy reports and even though Reilly is a supporter of apqi, they approved the blend but we never saw the approval for the full synthetic. In an era of advanced full synthetic, who is bothered with full synthetic?

Sir, you were the one who bragged in confidence that our synthetic blend has been certified but our full synthetic isn't. I have asked you to show us a proof and you have been rigmaroling. Stop raising other dusts. Show us a proof. Then we can begin from there.
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 10:56am On Dec 13, 2018
In November 4, 2016 you made the following post

sooperrescue:
Like I said earlier, the only engine oil from your stable that was certified by PQIA is the Duramax synthetic blend, and not your full synthetic which you are promoting here in Nigeria.

The Petroleum Quality Institute of America (PQIA) is an independent resource for information and insights on the quality of lubricants in the marketplace. Our mission is to serve the consumer of lubricants by randomly sampling and independently testing lubricants taken from the field. Test results are posted along with the brand names on the PQIA website. This webpage provides an analysis on the brand detailed below.
http://www.pqiadata.org/DuraMax5W30.html

The following are the test results for the sample examined.

DuraMAX Liquid Armor
SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Blend
Product: DuraMAX Liquid Armor
Viscosity Grade: SAE 5W-30
Labeling: API SN/ ILSAC GF-5
"Powered by: RelaDyne", Blue Ash, OH
Purchased at: Richmond, IN

Date of purchase: 4/5/2015

Website(s): www.reladyne.com
Test Results and Assessment:
The results of the tests conducted on this sample meet the SAE J300 specifications for the SAE Viscosity Grade listed on the product label, and are consistent with the listed API Service Categories.

This was the our response to the above post

USPlaceofAutos:

Sir, Thank you for all the research you are doing on DuraMAX Motor Oil. So far, with the information you have brought out you have also shown Nairalanders that DuraMAX Motor Oil is manufactured by a reputable company. You started this by saying "If anyone is selling oil and it has not been certified by American quality pertroleum institute, ignore it. Just google the institute, and if the oil is not there, run from the oil no matter the packaging." and we have been able to prove to you that DuraMAX is API certified.

Now you are talking about Petroleum Quality Institute of America (PQIA). This is another organisation entirely and they assure the quality or standards of lubricants from their own perspective in the US marketplace also just as in the case of Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System (EOLCS) or American Petroleum Institute's After Market Audit Program (AMAP) and so on.

Still, the best way to check that DuraMAX Motor Oil (synthetic blend or full synthetic) or any other oil claimed to be manufactured in the USA is of quality is checking out the "starburst symbol" that indicates the oil has been tested and meets the standards of the American Petroleum Institute (API) and It also provides the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) viscosity number and tells you if the oil has passed the Energy Conserving test.

Bodies that checks standards of oil includes: (copied from google)
*American Petroleum Institute (API)
*The International Lubricant Standardization and Approval Committee (ILSAC)
*Association des Constructeurs Européens d'Automobiles (ACEA)
*The Japanese Automotive Standards Organization (JASO)
etc.

This is a forum where people are more catholic than the pope

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by sooperrescue(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2018
USPlaceofAutos:

Sir, you were the one who bragged in confidence that our synthetic blend has been certified but our full synthetic isn't. I have asked you to show us a proof and you have been rigmaroling. Stop raising other dusts. Show us a proof. Then we can begin from there.
I am through with the oil. It is not suitable for use in most cars except Toyota and Honda and Kia cars. You are the one selling the oil. Show us where apqi certified duramax and you claimed the it is on the can. Api is not apqi. In the era of advanced full synthetic oil, why sell full synthetic oil? I was invited to look at the oil and I have given my opinion. It might not be accurate but I know the oil and I can't use it on an Lr3 v6 talk less of a Range Rover full body.
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by bravolad(m): 11:21am On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

It will be a good idea too but let him show us proof that there has been an improvement in the product and not the management when all that they do is to distribute. That said, the 0w20 that worked for your car, can it work for a Range Rover or a BMW? I once challenged Eterna oil on their 5w20 castrol professionel. That oil is an api sl and anyone looking for castrol will think that it was the current oil. There's a Mobil 1 that is in the market and they wrote suitable for hondas, Toyota. There's Glife in the market and the oil says that it is suitable for compact cars and I see people buying it for their v8 Lexus. Is a v8 engine a compact car? He also claimed that apqi logo is on their oil can but I can't find it on the can. Let him show us reviews from the Americans and we will then believe him. That many garages uses the product does not mean that it is suitable for use. Did we not buy rymco oil before? Oil that dries up, is that one oyel?

Statistically, it's not proper to just condemn an oil by hearsay and some online review which may be sponsored by rival companies in the industry. In saner climes, oil analyses would be used to determine the quality of the product & it's overall suitability.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria quality control & assurance do not exist and the agencies of government charged with these responsibilities are filled with incompetent & nepotic individuals who barely know what the job entails.

The application of use in Range Rover, BMW and/or any of the V8 engines will be a determinat of the manufacturer's decision based on a combination of factors including design type & specifications. Therefore, if a manufacturer recommends 5w30 as the oil spec, the onus lies on the users to determine the quality of 5w30 oil to use within the confines of the apqi specifications.

Having said the above, there's an obligation on the part of the seller to convince the buying public on the quality of its products.

2 Likes

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 11:22am On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

I am through with the oil. It is not suitable for use in most cars except Toyota and Honda and Kia cars. You are the one selling the oil. Show us where apqi certified duramax and you claimed the it is on the can. Api is not apqi. In the era of advanced full synthetic oil, why sell full synthetic oil? I was invited to look at the oil and I have given my opinion. It might not be accurate but I know the oil and I can't use it on an Lr3 v6 talk less of a Range Rover full body.

Speaking from both sides of the mouth. It is your own opinion sir. Thank you.
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 11:42am On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

It is quite disheartening to know that you are doing all this to be seen as authority. You depend so much on "them say" and not practicality.

Thanks to Mayor2013 and bravolad for your honest reviews. We at US Place of Autos appreciate you guys
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by diportivo: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
atleast Dru is not here to peddle his oyel

too much grammar ontop oyel undecided
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by mayor2013: 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

Oga, I am already using the advanced full synthetic oil and I don't see any reason to use these type of oil for oil sake.

Now you are talking grin
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by sooperrescue(m): 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
mayor2013:

Now you are talking grin
Check out the atf and compare it with the data sheet. Mercon is what they specify. I am not condemning any oil but it should be stated as it is. Then we will buy for certain cars. In his spec sheet for atf, he claimed that the six speed version of BMW can be used with the oil. Check out the can. It is BMW 5hp. Check out other atf and see what they say.... His products are good but for certain cars. Engines and transmission are very expensive. Choose well

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2018
Place your order of DuraMax 5w30, 5w20 and 0w20 on our website

Visit https://www.usplaceofautos.com/shop
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

Check out the atf and compare it with the data sheet. Mercon is what they specify. I am not condemning any oil but it should be stated as it is. Then we will buy for certain cars. In his spec sheet for atf, he claimed that the six speed version of BMW can be used with the oil. Check out the can. It is BMW 5hp. Check out other atf and see what they say.... His products are good but for certain cars. Engines and transmission are very expensive. Choose well

It is almost like you have been paid to do what you are doing. Keep it up. If that works for you, why don't you stick to that rather than castigate or condemn other oil
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by sooperrescue(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
USPlaceofAutos:

It is almost like you have been paid to do what you are doing. Keep it up. If that works for you, why don't you stick to that rather than castigate or condemn other oil
I was invited to look at the oil. The atf can shows mercon and BMW 5hp while your spec sheet is showing BMW 6hp and mercon lv, so. Which one is the true picture?
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
sooperrescue:

I was invited to look at the oil. The atf can shows mercon and BMW 5hp while your spec sheet is showing BMW 6hp and mercon lv, so. Which one is the true picture?

Invited? Who invited you? When and where? This is an obvious proof that you are seeking relevancy to be seen as a professional. Mayor2013 has said it about your kind of person.
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by banky3w(m): 3:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
USPlaceofAutos:

Invited? Who invited you? When and where? This is an obvious proof that you are seeking relevancy to be seen as a professional. Mayor2013 has said it about your kind of person.
Yes, Demeanors, here in this thread.... grin
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by USPlaceofAutos: 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
banky3w:

Yes, Demeanors, here in this thread.... grin

Obviously undecided
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by diportivo: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
USPlaceofAutos:

objectivity is key to selling ur oil

you think sooperrescue is on a mission to tarnish/rubbish ur oil.... seriously

think again bro

we summoned him here to do exactly what he is doing.....he shldnt get on ur nerves since you are sure of ur stuff

I'm still waiting on mayor2013 to clarify the kind of person sooperrescue is

let us all know now oh

1 Like

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by sooperrescue(m): 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2018
diportivo:

objectivity is key to selling ur oil

you think sooperrescue is on a mission to tarnish/rubbish ur oil.... seriously

think again bro

we summoned him here to do exactly what he is doing.....he shldnt get on ur nerves since you are sure of ur stuff

I'm still waiting on mayor2013 to clarify the kind of person sooperrescue is

let us all know now oh

In his haste to sell his oil, he pasted another spec sheet for an atf that he does not have the oil. I have used the atf on a Ford F150 and we had to bring down the gear. The atf is suitable for mercon and not even mercon v or lv and he is showing us that it is looking. He is a fraud. I have finished my assignment. Thanks for the invitation. If I can harrass the Dg of SON, is it an oil peddler that will bring oil to sell to those who believe in everything American? I have someone with a warehouse filled with royal purple Api sleeve and I refuse to support him because unless for Toyota, which car is still using Api sl? Royal purple is even better than castrol. Duramax synthetic blend is certified by apqi. Show us proof that the full synthetic oil is also certified. Diportivo , Thanks for the invitation.

2 Likes

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by OilsPartsCars: 9:36am On Dec 14, 2018
grin
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by antagonist: 10:19am On Dec 14, 2018
USPlaceofAutos:

You are a very poor representative of your company, you lack manners, tact, discretion and approach, if they would continue with you then you would have many more of these confrontations, learn to address the issues not the person

2 Likes

Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by mayor2013: 10:25am On Dec 14, 2018
Also used on Volvo s80 tongue
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by sooperrescue(m): 11:34am On Dec 14, 2018
mayor2013:
Also used on Volvo s80 tongue
Bros e, how are things on the other forum. Tell Op my kind of person. Rymco and automedics oil are imported by my very close friends but when it comes to oil for cars, friendship is secondary
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by mayor2013: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
sooperrescue:

Bros e, how are things on the other forum. Tell Op my kind of person. Rymco and automedics oil are imported by my very close friends but when it comes to oil for cars, friendship is secondary

Honestly we do not need to force anything down anyone's throat. Have been to a country during my training days where even the almighty Castrol was castigated. Though I didn't bother asking my colleagues why
Re: The Preferred Engine Oil For Your Car Service - Duramax Motor Oil by VolvoS60(m): 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2018
Interesting thread.

Perhaps the combatants could explain the difference between API and PQIA? And the difference between full synthetic and advanced full synthetic?

I want to learn...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Beautiful, Fully Loaded And Affordable Cars For 2013 / Meet The World's Safest Car Designed In Libya By Muammar Gaddafi / Car Manufactured And Made In Nigeria Nnewi, Anambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.