Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages (8363 Views)

Diezani Alison-madueke Back In UK Court / Dele Momodu Is Next Ooni Of Ife, Says Nigerian Pastor In Ghana / The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by buzugee(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Never under-estimate the power of a woman !!!
i think you over-estimate the capabilities of a woman. thats the problem. women are powerful but only to unobservant men. if you are observant and alert, you will conquer that capability. the moment you get lackadaisical is the moment you get 'rode on'
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 31, 2010
buzugee:

i think you over-estimate the capabilities of a woman. thats the problem. women are powerful but only to unobservant men. if you are observant and alert, you will conquer that capability. the moment you get lackadaisical is the moment you get 'rode on'
i pray you don't get caught in the twist of a woman.i don't mind over-estimating to have peace in my life.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by buzugee(m): 9:22pm On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

i pray you don't get caught in the twist of a woman.i don't mind over-estimating to have peace in my life.
brother ? never invest your soul and heart into anyone but yourself. this is the key to never getting hurt in life. embrace it and every 'skirmish' will roll of your back.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Ibomade1: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2010
I tire for my people self. So sad
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
buzugee:

brother ? never invest your soul and heart into anyone but yourself. this is the key to never getting hurt in life. embrace it and every 'skirmish' will roll of your back.
nice one anyways i dont build my life around people but build people around my life. . . . . .that is why i know what people can suddenly become especially women.no long thing !!!
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by buzugee(m): 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

nice one anyways i dont build my life around people but build people around my life. . . . . .that is why i know what people can suddenly become especially women.no long thing !!!
grin you british ?
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 31, 2010
buzugee:

grin you british ?
at all. . . .proudly naija
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Carlosein(m): 9:52pm On Jul 31, 2010
People will use anything to make money, even especially religion.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by mamagee3(f): 9:58pm On Jul 31, 2010
God help us!

And we wonder why Nigerian pastors aren't trusted anymore.

It's because of ridiculous reasons such as this one.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Carlosein(m): 10:04pm On Jul 31, 2010
^^mama-gee, i was going to type 'God help us' too, but don't you think we need to start helping ourselves?
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Redman44(m): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2010
England is gradually becoming a haven of Scam marriages. Other Africans apart from Nigerians are also involved in the fake marriage thing. I've heard stories of how some Ghanaians in Essex were arrested in a church by immigration operatives as they were about to wed European ladies. I am not blaming anyone here as I've realized that people have to survive one way or the other. What I've discovered is that many of these fake marriages do not last. They have been built on false foundations and the offspring of the couples in question will suffer the consequences. That is why Foster Parents are in high demand in Britain. The British Government is spending a lot of money on fostering the children that are born by people in sham marriages. When I read these kind of stories, I become speechless immediately. My advice to my fellow Africans is that they should know what they are coming to do in Europe before coming over. They have to be proactive and productive or they will end up wasting away in the European system. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Ndipe(m): 11:05pm On Jul 31, 2010
Marriage is a honorable institution that nobody should tamper with.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2010
Redman44:

England is gradually becoming a haven of Scam marriages. Other Africans apart from Nigerians are also involved in the fake marriage thing. I've heard stories of how some Ghanaians in Essex were arrested in a church by immigration operatives as they were about to wed European ladies. I am not blaming anyone here as I've realized that people have to survive one way or the other. What I've discovered is that many of these fake marriages do not last. They have been built on false foundations and the offspring of the couples in question will suffer the consequences. That is why Foster Parents are in high demand in Britain. The British Government is spending a lot of money on fostering the children that are born by people in sham marriages. When I read these kind of stories, I become speechless immediately. My advice to my fellow Africans is that they should know what they are coming to do in Europe before coming over. They have to be proactive and productive or they will end up wasting away in the European system. Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
why would people resort to crime because of hardship,abeg there is no justification for engaging in crime.blame them
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Carlosein(m): 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2010
Redman44:

www.vibes-extra..com

they know. they are coming to marry oyibo so they can collect green card.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by no1madman(m): 12:41am On Aug 01, 2010
tongue embarassed smiley cry lipsrsealed cry grin cheesy tongue shocked
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by xterra2(m): 12:08pm On Aug 01, 2010
^^ i think your username says it all
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by frankcj(m): 3:06pm On Aug 01, 2010
Couple of people here haven't got clue what the message is all about. The message is narrating ,about people paying for arrange marriage to sort out their paper. Well due to economy situation of nija and african, indeed, warranted people to relocate and next thing to do as wise people, since not uk citizen or indefinite holder,  is to do arrangee to get you'll statue or else end up illegal imigrant. Only, regret they did abuse the system by  several marriages using same address as their resident.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by frankcj(m): 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2010
'' Marriages with oyibo is strickly business for paper no string athach''the nija ladies do not romance or engage mutual with them. Hopeful some pple understand our nija ladies no de sleep with this oyibo  or make babes with dem.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by becomrich3: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2010
Nairaland is a lie.

Here is an example to set me up. Seun or who ever own nairaland. Beaf real name , who I think own nairaland is Obinna.

He change what I wrote from nearly to likely. to make it took like I married an american. I wanted to marry one that time.

Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 01, 2010
becomrich3:

Nairaland is a lie.

Here is an example to set me up. Seun or who ever own nairaland. Beaf real name , who I think own nairaland is Obinna.

He change what I wrote from nearly to likely. to make it took like I married an american. I wanted to marry one that time.

Hmmm. . . . Interesting.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2010
buzugee:

and let me quickly address this ya post. now maybe you are the daughter of babangida and you are flossing in ya 10 million dollar house in florida, in that case it is understandable to sneeze at a six figure salary, but on the ground level in the midst of plebeians like the rest of us, a six figure salary is MUCH. look at it this way, there are thousands of career fields in america, but in only ONE career field are you GUARANTEED a six figure salary. ok only ONE out of THOUSANDS of career fields are you guaranteed a six figure salary. and that is the healthcare field.  wink abeg make i borrow a coupla dollars from you there my rich sister  grin
hehehehe, you dey craze grin

I'm just saying, a man that makes that much is not okay. Even the pharmacy field pays much more than that.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by vinooh: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2010
na nigeria problem.na naija man.na everybody's problem now but if se na igbo man duam heeeheeeeheeh
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by lasgidi4rv: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2010
Just when I was about to commend Becomrich for not using his infamous maps (and sort of making sense compared to his other posts), he goes ahead and ruins it with his usual gibberish. ***Shaking my head**. Anyways, moving ahead.
I do hope that pastor and his cohorts are punished to full extent of the law and not allowed to go free.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by adconline(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2010
Dude what are you talking about? People are so quick to vilify becommrich, why dont you read all his posts on this thread. . . .

It's not a new thing that single mothers try to marry men without acknowledging their suitors of their parental status

Dear teacher, could you make that post coherent for me?
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 01, 2010
adconline:
]
Dear teacher, could you make that post coherent for me?
You'd have to go back to your primary school teacher for that help.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

hehehehe, you dey craze grin

I'm just saying, a man that makes that much is not okay. Even the pharmacy field pays much more than that.

You keep  going on about that. By the way what is the median income in your own profession?

As far as I know surgeons, lawyers and CPA's in the top firms comfortably earn multiple times $100,000. These highly- trained professionals have put in the time and the expertise to get to where they are today though.

On the other hand, according to the US census bureau  the median salary in the US is $21,587. So yes it is a high salary.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2010
tensor777:

You keep  going on about that. By the way what is the median income in your own profession?

As far as I know surgeons, lawyers and CPA's in the top firms comfortably earn multiple times $100,000. These highly- trained professionals have put in the time and the expertise to get to where they are today though.

On the other hand, according to the US census bureau  the median salary in the US is $21,587. So yes it is a high salary.

I'm not really sure where you're going with the bolded part because I never denied that professions like thus make more than $100,000/yr sal.

Yea, according to the US census, that's high, even to some people like you, it's high. But like I said before $100,000 is not THAT high to me. There are many professions out that that offers that and more as a beginning salary.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2010
^^You are getting the wrong end of the stick there. I never said such a salary is high for me. The question is what is your own current profession?

The truth is if you have not gone out and really earned YOUR OWN income then you would not really value money.
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2010
tensor777:

^^You are getting the wrong end of the stick there. I never said such a salary is high for me. The question is what is your own current profession?

The truth is if you have not gone out and really earned YOUR OWN income then you would not really value money.
I'm currently a student, working hard to get such a salary wink And what is your own current profession that makes $100,000 "not high" for you?

True that tho @ the bolded
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I'm currently a student, working hard to get such a salary wink And what is your own current profession that makes $100,000 "not high" for you?

True that tho @ the bolded

I thought as much. Continue working hard and lets leave the matter there for now. lipsrsealed
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2010
tensor777:

I thought as much. Continue working hard lets leave the matter there for now. lipsrsealed
And I assume that you think because I'm a student I'm not supposed  to judge when a salary is too high or too low?

Yea, I think we better leave it at that before you make a  ______ of yourself. cool
Re: Uk Court Convicts Nigerian Pastor Over 360 Fake Marriages by oyinda3(f): 4:32am On Aug 02, 2010
wow ileke-idi, i didn't know u were this rish o. i wan get ur contacts, i'm broke. in fact, i wan get ur papa contacts too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Trapped In Libya Being Interviewed By Aljezera Now! / PDP Members Rejoice As Buhari Emerges APC's Presidential Candidate. / Meet The Small Boy Senator Stella Oduah Is Begging To Locate (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.