Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement (33638 Views)

Kayode Badru: Celestial Church Reacts To Death Of Socialite / Pastor Joseph Ponda Caught Having Sex With Married Woman: Church Reacts / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Valfrankie(m): 11:03am On Dec 05, 2018
A Priest and and the tale of his Cassock of many colours.
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Jaynom(m): 11:03am On Dec 05, 2018
Smh. Mbaka was trying to Spiritually blackmail Pete Obi. That video clip was very Disturbing
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by crunchyg: 11:03am On Dec 05, 2018
Let's leave this stale story and talk about this wonderful program happening next tomorrow

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by ItwasntMe(m): 11:04am On Dec 05, 2018
What is with our religious arrowheads nowadays that they must become so political & why do politicians think they need endorsement from them. Why do we stand logic on its head
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by enemyofprogress: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2018
OK

I Walk around like everything is ok... but deep down I want to rob a bank
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 05, 2018
The power of journalism
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by kitaatita: 11:08am On Dec 05, 2018
solochris:
Even after this whole show of shame, the gullible ones will still converge there in the name of adoration. God help us
It's not about Adoration. It is about using the pulpit to make non-spiritual statements like political statements. Adoration goes on in every Catholic Church parish.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by chairman00100: 11:11am On Dec 05, 2018
2 Peter 2verse2 says that because of people like mbaka and his types the word of God will be made jest of, it is happening right in our presence, but whether we believe it or not there are real people, pastors and reverends who are standing for the word of God

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Cmanforall: 11:13am On Dec 05, 2018
angry
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by midastouch: 11:16am On Dec 05, 2018
Josh2x:
It is now obvious mbaka is bigger than the whole Catholic church in Nigeria

He said all these things as a catholic priest and he wasn't deroped or made to apologize to obi undecided

He says things without minding what his superiors would do

Every other Catholic priest gets transferred but mbaka has never been transferred. Maybe cos of the amount of money he rakes in for the Catholic church.

NOT TRUE. He was transferred by his Bishop following the 2015 election meddling controversy.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by InaNla(f): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2018
oderinde151:
Small shame like this you no get.. Father mbaka ole grin grin

Original Ole...
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by johnmba: 11:18am On Dec 05, 2018
Mbaka did nothing wrong. If you dont want to donate during bazaar then dont show up. Bazaar is to raise funds.

I saw this thread that supports mbaka

https://www.nairaland.com/4882720/before-criticize-fr-mbaka-read
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by micflo28(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2018
Strip him off his priesthood let us rest sef. He is heating up the polity
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by 1zynnvn(m): 11:24am On Dec 05, 2018
chairman00100:
we have weighed mbaka and found him wanting, since before 2015

What are you now?? Assistant God??
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by meezynetwork(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2018
Mbaka na wa
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by discusant: 11:31am On Dec 05, 2018
MediahelmNGR:
The Catholic Church has distanced itself from controversial clergyman and Spiritual Director of the Adoration Ministry, Enugu, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, who in a recent video, was seen berating former Anambra state governor and PDP Vice Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, for refusing to openly donate to his ministry.

Yesterday, a video of Father Mbaka verbally attacking Peter Obi for not saying how much he was donating to his ministry at his church's bazaar and annual harvest service, went viral.

In the video, Father Mbaka said neither the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, nor President Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress, willld win the 2019 presidential election.

Source:https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/catholic-church-reacts-to-father-mbakas.html

That Fr. Mbaka said neither Atiku not Buhari shall win the 2019 Presidential election shows again that Mbaka is not mentally sound.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Josh2x: 11:33am On Dec 05, 2018
midastouch:

NOT TRUE. He was transferred by his Bishop following the 2015 election meddling controversy.

His parish moved to emene because the former place couldn't contain the crowd.
Then he was transferred to that same place
He was even the one that moved to that permanent site in emene in 2015
I was there live
He was even trekking wit the masses to the site
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by AbubakarSANLI: 11:34am On Dec 05, 2018
Anyone who wants to buy land and houses for sale and rent can contact me through watsapp
or phone call on 08148935281.thank you
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by FBIL: 11:35am On Dec 05, 2018
Peter Obi doesn't throw public funds around or transfer millions to you because you're lying in his favor. Because of this, looters and selfish people say he's stingy. Therefore, Fr. Mbaka on that notion, foolishly fell for what he already had in mind (that Obi is stingy, after all). Peter Obi's type is what Nigerian masses need. One who is selfless and can reason to remember those who have nobody in government. The Peter Obi I know, was the only bold governor then to resist all those Onitsha criminals and Anambra godfathers who made the state ungovernable for years. He turned Onitsha around and people could sleep, chased away ritualists who owned big hotels and fraudulent businesses. He was giving money freely for the renovation of schools and was punishing contractors who didn't brace up. He built roads and bridges and still left a huge amount in the treasury of the state. I have never heared that he made a promise and failed. Fr. Mbaka just acted like he was temporarily afflicted by an evil spirit.

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Damibiz(m): 11:37am On Dec 05, 2018
Oga nobody is bigger than the Catholic Church,not even the Pope..the church have being in Existance before Mbaka and it will continue to Exist after he is Gone.....Think before you make such statement next time..thank u
Josh2x:

He said all these things as a catholic priest and he wasn't deroped or made to apologize to obi undecided

Every other Catholic priest gets transferred but mbaka has never been transferred. Maybe cos of the amount of money he rakes in for the Catholic church.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:42am On Dec 05, 2018
spongeisback:
I love Nigerians and their selective outrage.
If adeboye or oyedepo had said or done the same thing you will see them arguing about the "context" it was said.
Catholic priests have been raping kids and Nuns have been abusing kids. Where's the outrage?!
I see people saying this "mbaka's act have made me ashamed to be catholic" so it's extortion that made you ashamed to be a catholic not the decades of child abuse that has been swept under the carpet.

Kept it up religious folks!

God bless Nigeria.
gringringrin

You are taking out of point.
1. The issue at hand is the church service and Fr Mbakas attempt to extort money from Obi.
2. Many Nigerians, Catholics foremost among them criticized this action. How many Pentecostals have criticised the pastorpreneurs milking Nigerians ?
3. The Catholic hierachy had come out to criticize their own. I'm waiting for the day the elders of redeemed or other churches will do same.
4. The child abuse scandals have received condemnation. No Catholic I know supports this. In addition, many priests have gone to jail. Investigations (and cover-up of course by guilty people persist). How many pastors have been tried or jailed in Nigeria for any offence ?

4 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Josh2x: 11:46am On Dec 05, 2018
Damibiz:
Oga nobody is bigger than the Catholic Church,not even the Pope..the church have being in Existance before Mbaka and it will continue to Exist after he is Gone.....Think before you make such statement next time..thank u

Pray for sense
U lack it a lot
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Yopcity: 11:50am On Dec 05, 2018
stanley000:
See them "emotional blackmailers".. so when PDP finally looses he will say it is God's doing. But when PDP wins he will use the same excuse apostle Suleiman normally uses "God overturned the prophecy".
Why have ppl not realize how dubious these thrives called pastors and imams are? I always tell ppl, if I die today I'm happy how my life turned out. The past 2018years one sandals wearing scammer told u he will come back and you still believe he's on his way back. Hmmm chai!!

That a Priest or Pastor misbehaves is no reason to insult ur creator. Anyway, don't worry the devil will soon visit u and then u will know that Jesus is God and alive, He has his way of dealing with ''fools'' like u.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by biztip: 11:51am On Dec 05, 2018
quest for materialism is quickly eroding our values in this part of the world
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by michoim(m): 11:53am On Dec 05, 2018
To the best of my knowledge, it is how many years ago that Catholic church had distanced themselves from Father Mbaka; or how many times does one need to distance himself from something before it gains recognition/acceptance?
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by dokie: 11:55am On Dec 05, 2018
spongeisback:
I love Nigerians and their selective outrage.
If adeboye or oyedepo had said or done the same thing you will see them arguing about the "context" it was said.
Catholic priests have been raping kids and Nuns have been abusing kids. Where's the outrage?!
I see people saying this "mbaka's act have made me ashamed to be catholic" so it's extortion that made you ashamed to be a catholic not the decades of child abuse that has been swept under the carpet.

Kept it up religious folks!

God bless Nigeria.
gringringrin

A sin someone who represents a belief system commits against that belief system in secret is more of an indictment on the individual when he is caught. A sin such a one commits in public and sees nothing wrong with what he has done and he is not reprimanded for it by the body he represents is an indictment on the body he represents.

That priests have abused minors and have been involved in various forms of sexual misconduct strains the church but does not affect the integrity of the church.

If the dark secret actions of individual priests can affect the integrity of the Church, then the betrayal of Christ by one of his selected 12 should affect the integrity of Christ and his mission. But of course it doesn't.

I am not ashamed to be a catholic because priests are misbehaving (they are humans susceptible to weaknesses and wickedness, like Judas, and all Christians). But I will be ashamed if the church says there is nothing wrong with what they have done. Same with this Mbakas case.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by udo2018: 11:57am On Dec 05, 2018
Josh2x:

Get your facts right before coming to a public forum to talk rubbish.. Mbaka has been transferred out of Enugu GRA to a rural parish Currently..

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by Damibiz(m): 11:58am On Dec 05, 2018
Go and put your Anger on Buhari.........who have made suffering so cheap in ur Family....i only gave you my valid opinion and the only good thing your useless brain can think of is to Insult me....dont mention me again or else Suffering go fall on u
Josh2x:

Pray for sense
U lack it a lot
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by naijjaman(m): 12:00pm On Dec 05, 2018
Father Mbaka has really lost his mind and has devalued what used to be a great catholic ministry.

As a catholic, I was shameful to watch a video where a priest was openly pressuring people to make donations.

I am happy that many people are outraged by Mbaka's misbehaviour
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by anambraamaka: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
Mbaka why
Re: Catholic Church Reacts To Father Mbaka's Controversial Political Statement by pek(m): 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2018
Passionate888:
Buhari sef.
Your obsession will Buhari will kill you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masquerade Pictured Holding A Bible And Crucifix / What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) / Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.