Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,583 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:55 PM

PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim (3966 Views)

26 Rivers State House Of Assembly Members Who Defected To APC Have Lost / I Founded APC, Have Sacked Oshiomhole For Anti-party Activities - Okorocha / Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 12:09am On Dec 05, 2018
PDP, APC have failed electorate ― Olawepo-Hashim

THE Presidential candidate of People’s Trust (PT), Mr Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, on Monday, came hard on both the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and All Progressives Congress (APC), saying the two parties have failed electorates, hence, the need to salvage the country in 2019 general elections.

He made this known at the party stakeholders conference in Abuja.

Mr Olawepo-Hashim, who promised to pay N50, 000 as minimum wage if elected next president in February 2019, further said the two political parties have nothing to offer Nigerians.

He, therefore, advised eligible voters to secure their future by voting for his party in 2019 election.

Mr Olawepo-Hashim assured Nigerians, especially youths and graduates that he would create jobs and make the environment conducive for businesses to flourish.

The presidential candidate of PT said his party was fine-tuning its strategy in all geopolitical zones on how to wrestle power from the ruling APC.

While reading the communiqué after the conference, the Board of Trustees (BoT) secretary, Mr Olawale Okunniyi, said the party has resolved to continue its consultations with other political parties to present a formidable team in next elections.

According to him, we are going to be having a stakeholder’s meeting in all the regions. We are going to have a common third force presidential candidate to be endorsed by January 2019 which for the interest of the masses.

He was optimistic that the party would take over the mantle of leadership in next year election.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/176808/

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 12:28am On Dec 05, 2018
Gohashim2019

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 12:29am On Dec 05, 2018
See

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 05, 2018
This man is very vocal.
I like his way of campaigning.
He is always in your face ..... for good reasons everyday.
I wish him all the very best, as he seems to have a good plan for the nation.
Nigeria will work again from the many years of the cankerworms and looters.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 05, 2018
bilms:
Gohashim2019
All the best man.
You are a good CAMPAIGN manager.
Keep it up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by netsurfer01(m): 12:38am On Dec 05, 2018
No waste your time my dear brother.. Nigerians love them like that.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 05, 2018
netsurfer01:
Smh!

1 Like

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Spark01(m): 12:49am On Dec 05, 2018
Yes Pdp and Apc have failed us, but you no fit win even if we vote for you na.

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 12:51am On Dec 05, 2018
blogdexter:
"Mr Olawepo-Hashim, who promised to pay N50, 000 as minimum wage if elected next president in February 2019, further said the two political parties have nothing to offer Nigerians...."

Could this be true?
Or another setup? grin

This is for real, backed up with clear agenda. After all, Nigeria paid over $200 minimum wage in 1983, 50k is is not even up to that.

Let's support Hashim and Nigeria GOH Better
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 12:52am On Dec 05, 2018
netsurfer01:

It's time to make Nigeria better
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Peacemaker5128: 12:52am On Dec 05, 2018
If you can not abuse personality of Buhari children of hate from rejected region will not know that you are serious to become president
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 12:54am On Dec 05, 2018
Spark01:
Yes Pdp and Apc have failed us, but you no fit win even if we vote for you na.

Hashim will be president in 2019. All he needs is your support and vote. Support him to make Nigeria better
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 12:55am On Dec 05, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
If you can not abuse personality of Buhari children of hate from rejected region will not know that you are serious to become president

We don't need to abuse people to make Nigeria better . Let's be focused on the issues
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 12:57am On Dec 05, 2018
TheGreenLand:
This man is very vocal.
I like his way of campaigning.
He is always in your face ..... for good reasons everyday.
I wish him all the very best, as he seems to have a good plan for the nation.
Nigeria will work again from the many years of the cankerworms and looters.

Sure bro
But he his not just vocal, he his also a grassroots man who connect with the people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 05, 2018
bilms:

Sure bro
But he his not just vocal, he his also a grassroots man who connect with the people
That makes me like him more.
Good job.
With people like this (as you portray him to be) , cos I don't know much about him truly, Nigeria will be great.
All the best once more
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Demgohearword: 1:03am On Dec 05, 2018
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CREATED A TOPIC PAST 12AM MIDNIGHT AND IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES IT WAS PUSHED TO FP grin

Btw Olawepo seems more like a mole, a vote divider grin Nairaland President grin. There are only 3 main contenders in this election.

ATIKU, BUHARI and SOWORE.

Sowore is edgely a contender cos he has put in work than all other presidential candidates combined, for having a fair agenda, for having a remarkable historical record, for having support of the Nigerians in Diaspora, for doing the most radio and TV interviews/debate, for visiting over 100 cities across Nigeria on voters sensitization before the official campaign period started, for being publicly funded (over 80 million raised by supporters who are individuals like me and you on gofundme and into his bank account).

If not, it would have been ATIKU vs BUHARI, APC vs PDP as always.

cc bilms, thegreenland (Weldone, I know you guys are doing your jobs by the way, I wish I have 2 knuckles to rub together for my support of Sowore but Nigeria matters most grin)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 1:11am On Dec 05, 2018
TheGreenLand:

That makes me like him more.
Good job.
With people like this (as you portray him to be) , cos I don't know much about him truly, Nigeria will be great.
All the best once more

Here is a little about him.

2019 Presidency: Fantastic Profile of Third Force Presidential Candidate, Olawepo Hashim
https://mrrightsng..com/2018/09/2019-presidency-inspiring-stor

He rode to fame as a student union activist, and veered into advocacy as a graduate. He later resorted to public relations practice, and then detoured into oil. Then Gas, and now Energy. Soon, he got into politics: beginning as a presidential endorser, he moved into party administrator. And then he sought office as governor. A break followed, resulting into the expansion of a business, flourishing across Africa, in Europe and the Americas.

Somewhat like a fairy-tale, sometimes incredible, his concerns have flourished, and the young, ever agitated mind of yesteryears, have become a risen man of today, with promising manners for greater heights.

That’s the story of Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, who lately revealed his paternal identity, through the origin of his father, Hashimi Abdullah’s as being Kebbi State born, and who’s now vying for the nation’s top job, the presidency.

Olawepo-Hashim is not however your conventional businessperson, simply at home with figures and returns, and prospects or potentials. He works through the borderlines, believing in the persons powering the growth and progress of his concerns. He is not also your regular investor angling for new markets, through feasibility evaluations, and then taking the plunge.

He calculates with a calmness worried about firstly growing the one at hand. Then think of his contemplative mien. His introspective disposition. And then his philosophical outlook. What about his worldview that prioritises circumspection? They combine to reveal an intriguing, and yet incredible maturity of a radical philosopher that has equally mastered the art of dealing in figures.

Not a few were shocked a few years ago when a controversy over ownership of oil blocks raged in the Senate. It was important they should be identified. The former student union leader, former civil society activist, and former public relations consultant (a line of business not easily associated with megabucks), Olawepo-Hashim made the list. He was listed as the owner of OPL 241 on the continental shelf.

Is that the same Olawepo? How did he get into that bracket? Isn’t that forte for the royals, the generals, and the retired that, and retired this? More questions were asked. Tongues wagged. Riots ran in inquirers brains. Unbelievable? But it was him – the same Olawepo-Hashim. Not anyone else. Obviously, he had painstakingly grown his business. He had expanded. The transformation probably did not show because the man was still himself: simple, philosophical, affable, and godly.

He was still the polemicist, the thinker, the talker, and still vibrant in interacting. He did not grow into the recluse of the monetary empire builder, ever cynical about the person next door. Olawepo-Hashim did not bear the verbal asceticism of the million, or billion owner. He carried no strange airs. He was still lively, still in relationship with old folks and friends, from the good old days of the struggle.

While the disbelief of the oil block ownership was still lingering, he became known again as an energy investor. Like a joke, he soon began leading circles of power sector investors in Nigeria, and later in the UK. Often accompanied by aides and partners from all races, the age of doubt began to dry out.

The guy is real. His firm, Bresson AS Energy became one of the pioneer licensed Independent Power Producers (IPP) in the country. The firm is engaged in acquiring, developing, owning, and operating independent power generating facilities (IPGF). It is presently building its first power plant located at the Lagos corridor of Ogun State, Nigeria. More than $200million has so far being sunk into the project. And it is ongoing.

Something is ever common to growing or successful entrepreneurs: they hardly have ever worked for anyone else but themselves. Even when they rarely do, they quickly break off, to kick off. Check the story of Aliko Dangote, Mark Zuckerberg, Mike Domek, Joseph Semprevivo, and Babak Farahi. See the origin of Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Carlos Slim and Armacio Ortega, amongst others. With all these ones, it has ever being a crave for business independence, for the performance of experiments with finances, and a knack to take some plunges. In these cases, it has paid off.

For Olawepo-Hashim there is a parallel. He is not known to have being in any paid employment. From his days at Set and Sell Limited, he has been up and about. Between Lagos and Abuja, it was proposal here, proposal there. He kept at it. He diversified. Then kept the focus, and the vision. And then the bigger deals happened. Looks far easier said than done. Many waters would have passed under the bridge. There would have been countless pains, stress, near misses and disappointments. There would always be a story. The important thing is the stage at hand, and the work that still lies ahead, in the reckoning of Olawepo-Hashim.

Growing as one of Africa’s leading energy investors with some forays into East and Southern Africa, Olawepo-Hashim lately stole the show at a symposium organised by Imperial College Nigeria Society. He was also at the University of Ife as public lecturer, with tens of professors in audience.

At Imperial College, his fellow speakers probably lived up to their backgrounds as conservatives, speaking with the solemn elite flavour. Not with Olawepo-Hashim: Even with that flavour as well, he additionally went further. He connected with the mainly student audience. At home with them, he recalled his days of activism, his focus and his rise through the stages of advocacy and finance, before zeroing in on the state of the Nigerian nation. With varying presentation skills, his applause was deafening, temporarily providing a warmth in the whipping winter cold.

“We have gathered here to talk about a great country Nigeria” he began, stressing, “Nigeria is great not just because it is the 7th most populous country on the planet. It is an important Nation not only on account of her oil wealth. Nigeria is significant more because of the energy of her people, whose creativity and resilient spirit of enterprise continues to assure her progress even in the face of seemingly hopeless situations”

His salute of the ordinary Nigerian spirit and hardwork did not end there: “ It is due to the hard-work and industry of the ordinary Nigerians- the nation’s greatest asset, that Nigeria attained a GDP rebased at $510 billion in 2013 exceeding that of South Africa to become the biggest African economy even in the face of her parlous infrastructure.

“The feat is the result of the toiling of small scale entrepreneurs, who continue to create value without adequate electricity, cottage food processors, without affordable financing, farmers without the scantest of state support; artisans, bold and imaginative business men and women, dynamic financial managers, young innovators creative artistes and hardworking professionals”

Then the interactive session came. Ideologies and backgrounds were bound to clash. Olawepo-Hashim and Aig-Imoukhuede got into a short, harmless, but interesting back and forth. While the banker highlighted the many risks associated with investments in Nigeria with some facts and examples, the investor discountenanced them, arguing that Nigeria remains one of the best places to invest in the world. “Look at MTN, what about the Dubai merchants and the joint venture partners? They are all doing well despite the challenges. There is no business without risk, and there is no location without its troubles”, he pontificated to a warm applause.

He moved on to criticise the high interest rate in lending in Nigeria. “We probably need a new set of bankers, if we cannot do something about the rate in Nigeria” Then this: “Given that prevailing interest rate to assess finance in Nigeria is 22% compared to 8.5% in South Africa, 7.8% in Egypt, China 3.4% and in the US 2.33%, the Nigerian manufacturer is already not competitive. The burden of high cost of production could be lighter if electricity supply can be assessed at the grid price on a stable basis and even at a price a little higher than the current grid cost” Applause and applause!

Olawepo-Hashim then went into his forte, noting that the participation of new Independent Power Producers (IPPs) in the sector are specially very crucial because whilst privatization of existing utilities merely transfers ownership to the new operators, it is the new greenfield IPPs that add capacity to the network. Unfortunately, he pursued, in the past five years no new IPP has been commissioned in Nigeria. As a matter of fact last year no single turbine was imported to Nigeria and none has been imported this year, compared to 15 GE turbines that were shipped to Egypt this year alone.

The businessman, who also chairs the Transnational Energy Corporation in the US regretted the difficulties associated with the private sector participation in infrastructure development identified previously. “The difference here is, the sense of urgency that the resolution of these issues in the power sector demands. They are questions to which answers cannot be delayed further; they must be addressed right now! Policy formulators only lament and sing the power inadequacy like a song and failing to take the practical executive actions that do not even require legislation to achieve”

British Tycoon, Richard Branson, it was, who said “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun, and it has to exercise your creative instincts” As a communications graduate, Olawepo-Hashim understood the power of creativity earlier on, and he built on it from the beginning, through his crave for differences. And “what lies ahead?” Tom Althouse also adds, “Worrying about it or creating it. Both requires a choice, one opens the door.”

The Bresson AS Energy Chairman has also learnt from these Althouse lines, and with the closet sing-songs of Dr. Funmi Olawepo-Hashim, the gentleman is propelled by another saying from Germany Kent “Once you believe that you can do something, there is not a single person in the universe who can convince you otherwise.” Then it can be said that for Olawepo-Hashim, and with his strong believes, it is morning yet on day of increase.

●Dr. Adeniyi sent this piece from Abuja

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by bilms(m): 1:20am On Dec 05, 2018
Demgohearword:
WOW I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CREATED A TOPIC PAST 12AM MIDNIGHT AND IN LESS THAN 15 MINUTES IT WAS PUSHED TO FP grin

Btw Olawepo seems more like a mole, a vote divider grin Nairaland President grin. There are only 3 main contenders in this election.

ATIKU, BUHARI and SOWORE.

Sowore is edgely a contender cos he has put in work than all other presidential candidates combined, for having a fair agenda, for having a remarkable historical record, for having support of the Nigerians in Diaspora, for doing the most radio and TV interviews/debate, for visiting over 100 cities across Nigeria on voters sensitization before the official campaign period started, for being publicly funded (over 80 million raised by supporters who are individuals like me and you on gofundme and into his bank account).

If not, it would have been ATIKU vs BUHARI, APC vs PDP as always.

cc bilms, thegreenland (Weldone, I know you guys are doing your jobs by the way, I wish I have 2 knuckles to rub together for my support of Sowore but Nigeria matters most grin)

My brother, park well. All well meaning Nigerians are seeing road clearly, only the less thoughtful are still living in the past.

Olawepo Hashim's party is fielding over 200 candidates across the country, showing their spread and capability and how many is Sowore's party fielding? Just 30.

Please, don't embarrass yourself in public, I love you.

If you want a better Nigeria, Olawepo Hashim is the man. He his going to expand Nigeria's economy to create a $4trillion economy. This is the only economy that can take us out of poverty.

Let's work to make Nigeria better
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by campusflavour: 1:25am On Dec 05, 2018
This man is the man that will come in and tell us how pdp and apc did nothing for 20years, please sir can you kindly tell us what you will do for us and stop promoting your opponents?
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by gift2xl: 1:28am On Dec 05, 2018
We know both parties hard failed us, it's a divided house it's like POURING AN OLD WIN, INSIDE A NEW GLASS (APC)
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by francesco17(m): 1:29am On Dec 05, 2018
Olawepo and the rest would only get a shot at the presidency if they could come up with a well elaborate blue prints for all sectors of the country... Educational,Oil &Gas, Mineral, water, Manufacturing, Agricultural Sectors etc.
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by jinip: 1:40am On Dec 05, 2018
Looking for the perfect gift for your loved ones this period? Get a portrait painting Today
Put a smile on someone’s face this festive period as you present them with a portrait gift.
- We guarantee you amazing portraits (Professional jobs) with quality materials.
- We deliver you jobs to you at the comfort of your homes with permission.
- 50% discount on every job
- Deliver within and outside Lagos.

Note: Guarantee 100% refund if our customer is not satisfied.

Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by purplerope: 1:40am On Dec 05, 2018
Election fever every where
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Demgohearword: 1:41am On Dec 05, 2018
bilms:

My brother, park well. All well meaning Nigerians are seeing road clearly, only the less thoughtful are still living in the past.

Olawepo Hashim's party is fielding over 200 candidates across the country, showing their spread and capability and how many is Sowore's party fielding? Just 30.

Please, don't embarrass yourself in public, I love you.

If you want a better Nigeria, Olawepo Hashim is the man. He his going to expand Nigeria's economy to create a $4trillion economy. This is the only economy that can take us out of poverty.

Let's work to make Nigeria better
Sowore's party is fielding 30 candidates? you are a joker or simply ignorant grin Do ya fact check bro or don't you realize the people who see our comments can decide to check for themselves only to be disappointed that you're wrong and may negatively affect whom you support?

Truth be told Olawepo isn't serious, Ahmed Buhari has a higher chance, Moghalu, Durotoye, Oby fit more in my opinion. I know he doesn't have up to 200 candidates besides he's the result of a weak coalition, Sowore's party is brand new, started by him and his movement, no coalition, no Godfather !!

I'm not evn going to speak of his records, it oozes anywhere you mention the name. I only wonder why I don't see Olawepo Hashim outside of Nairaland.

BTW how does he plan to take the country out of poverty if he's elected? You should have that information, give it to me. If you have to search for it *coughs* there's a problem somewhere
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Denikayan: 1:52am On Dec 05, 2018
ILLETREACY HAS BEEN AT ITS PEAK FOR YEARS IN NIGERIA

the electorates we talking about also fall in that range

Even when a perfectly run election is held, Hashim cant win

Nigerians have a reverse logic. Same as me. Voting the best evil
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by JohnFrankling(m): 2:00am On Dec 05, 2018
This man will win as the president of Nairaland
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Nobody: 2:11am On Dec 05, 2018
Good profile up there.....
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Cantonese: 2:24am On Dec 05, 2018
bilms:
PDP, APC have failed electorate ― Olawepo-Hashim

THE Presidential candidate of People’s Trust (PT), Mr Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim, on Monday, came hard on both the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and All Progressives Congress (APC), saying the two parties have failed electorates, hence, the need to salvage the country in 2019 general elections.

He made this known at the party stakeholders conference in Abuja.

Mr Olawepo-Hashim, who promised to pay N50, 000 as minimum wage if elected next president in February 2019, further said the two political parties have nothing to offer Nigerians.

He, therefore, advised eligible voters to secure their future by voting for his party in 2019 election.

Mr Olawepo-Hashim assured Nigerians, especially youths and graduates that he would create jobs and make the environment conducive for businesses to flourish.

The presidential candidate of PT said his party was fine-tuning its strategy in all geopolitical zones on how to wrestle power from the ruling APC.

While reading the communiqué after the conference, the Board of Trustees (BoT) secretary, Mr Olawale Okunniyi, said the party has resolved to continue its consultations with other political parties to present a formidable team in next elections.

According to him, we are going to be having a stakeholder’s meeting in all the regions. We are going to have a common third force presidential candidate to be endorsed by January 2019 which for the interest of the masses.

He was optimistic that the party would take over the mantle of leadership in next year election.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/176808/

Same story of fake promises. Bulgari promised everything and when he got there he said that he did not realize the magnitude of rot in the system. This one too now has started promising the unthinkable.
Abeg just sharaaap and let us rest our minds. Presently to hold the position of the president or governor you need to belong to the PDP or APC.
Re: PDP, APC Have Failed Electorate ― Olawepo-hashim by Failtech: 3:03am On Dec 05, 2018
HP Envy 15t For Sale, already in Lagos
Powerful i7 processor Quad Core
Whooping 8GB RAM
More than sufficient 1TB Hard Disc
Backlit keyboard
Windows 10
Still Very Neat
Price: 130k
Contacts on Signature

https://www.nairaland.com/4873310/hp-envy-15t-core-i7#73447843

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, NACCIMA Hail Ugwuanyi For Enhancing Ease Of Doing Business In Enugu / Warri South, Southwest And North Belongs To Yoruba. Oodua Man Claims / President Bola Tinubu Appointed 27 Ministers? Fact Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.