Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers (71586 Views)

Do DSS ON Suit Wear Bullet Proof Vest? / DSS Raids Bandit Camp In Kaduna, Intercepts ‘Sophisticated Weapons’ / Fulanis Herdsmen Marching Into Southern States With Sophisticated Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 05, 2018
[quote author=yusufu16 post=73570091][/quote]

Don’t believe the hype.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by mileskiyo(m): 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2018
QDubz:
Tavors cant survive intense continous use such that it going to be subjected to in the frontline.
Lost a friend because of that damn rifle, it jammed while in combat in the northeast.
Drop an Ak in the mud and it'd still fire perfectly
Drop it in water and it would still answer when you call
Easy to maintain and service.
But allow small sand enter the tavor and watch it suffer stroke!...

TELL THEM!!! cool
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by FarahAideed: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2018
dometome:
You don't know what you are talking about. In an open field AK 47 is good, in an urban setting, it is not good enough, because of space, you need a shorter gun, there are many hiding spots, so if you are to hide, you must hid yourself completely, not when you hide then a part of your gun sticks out in the open, so it depends on situation. AK 47's rival is M16 AR. The M16 is made and closely guarded by the US, while AK47 was actually made by the Nazis, though they did not call it AK47, any ways you can Google it.

What are you even saying ? Did you not see where I said the TAvor TAR21 was a carbine for close quarter combat or fire fight .. I said pound for pound the AK47 remains the best assault rifle out there and that's a fact .. The development of the M16 was influence byvyhe success of the AK47 and till date the M16 has not been able to surpass the AK in any assault rifle ranking .... Oga contrary to uninformed opinions like yours the AK 47 was never a copy of the Nazi STG 44 infact apart for the seeming similarity in aesthetic form they have no mechanical resemblance from bolt mechanism to breech mechansim to gas loading mechanism
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
dometome:
You don't know what you are talking about. In an open field AK 47 is good, in an urban setting, it is not good enough, because of space, you need a shorter gun, there are many hiding spots, so if you are to hide, you must hid yourself completely, not when you hide then a part of your gun sticks out in the open, so it depends on situation. AK 47's rival is M16 AR. The M16 is made and closely guarded by the US, while AK47 was actually made by the Nazis, though they did not call it AK47, any ways you can Google it.

wtf are you talkin about....??....nazis had their own mashine gun and it was not a ak47 in anyway....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Bestchoice4me(m): 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2018
Nor mind am.. Ak 47 wey dey battle boko haram since and never win..
DREAMZZZ:
which war had ak47 won?

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2018
business4all:

I don’t know what you mean by the best. This is what researchers say about AK47 and American AR15:

Just looking at the side-by-side comparison, one has to give the nod to the AR-15. It is more accurate and offers superior ballistics at long range. The AK-47 is clearly superior for reliability and short-range ballistics, making it an obvious choice for anyone who needs a short-range tactical rifle.

Therefore they both have what they are good at respectively. AK47 is easier to handle. Easy to be disassembled and assembled by soldiers and good for short range fire.

But AR15 is the best for accuracy and longer range fire. No sniper would consider using AK47. That’s what AR15 is good for. Accuracy and longer range.

why would a sniper want to use a AK47....??

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Magicdon(m): 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2018
Na wa for una oo!! AK47 shoots in water, shoots in mud etc. So why is US, Germany, British, France and all other advanced country soldiers not using AK? Make una find better thing talk joor. AK is outdated. Really old fashioned. AK47 that has been battling Boko haram but never wins.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 4:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
reformed:
We should be talking about newer variants of the AK like the recently developed AK12 and AK15, not AK 47. Even the Russians that invented it have since phased it out.

Tavor over AK47 anytime

i agree....solong nigeria produces them localy...you can forget it that israel will give nigeria license to produce them localy....

some of you talk like children makin christmas gift wishes....

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by reformed: 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2018
FarahAideed:

What are you even saying ? Did you not see where I said the TAvor TAR21 was a carbine for close quarter combat or fire fight .. I said pound for pound the AK47 remains the best assault rifle out there and that's a fact .. The development of the M16 was influence byvyhe success of the AK47 and till date the M16 has not been able to surpass the AK in any assault rifle ranking .... Oga contrary to uninformed opinions like yours the AK 47 was never a copy of the Nazi STG 44 infact apart for the seeming similarity in aesthetic form they have no mechanical resemblance from bolt mechanism to breech mechansim to gas loading mechanism

I have issues with the bolded. How can AK 47 be the best assault rifle out there when none of the developed countries including Russia that invented it have replaced it with more recent weapons? Even China that is it's major manufacturer adopted another assault rifle as the standard issue for its military.
We need to start telling ourselves the truth

7 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by reformed: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2018
bantudra:

i agree....solong nigeria produces them localy...you can forget it that israel will give nigeria license to produce them localy....

some of you talk like children makin christmas gift wishes....

Are we producing the AK47 locally?
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2018
reformed:

yes...!!!....

even far back then as jonathan was still in charge....

why dont you know this...??
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by QDubz(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2018
reformed:

I have issues with the bolded. How can AK 47 be the best assault rifle out there when none of the developed countries including Russia that invented it have replaced it with more recent weapons? Even China that is it's major manufacturer adopted another assault rifle as the standard issue for its military.

Russia still make use of upgraded versions of Ak47, improved versions like Ak74 and new variants Ak103.
Most recent advanced assault rifles are all derivaties of the Ak47.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by oloyede90(m): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2018
Am 47 is a rugged gun. bury it in mud for days, fire it will answer. use it to swim through water, fire it will answer. easy to maintain. it still remains d best for our soldiers.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2018
So guys, how effective is this rifle?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by ocelot2006(m): 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2018
bantudra:

abegi,park well...and who is going to buy them....??...you...??

we have a ol company building rifles....and we should go buy from abroad....??...nawa....

if you dont like aks,then submit you own desighn to dicon....

Abeg stop b#$tching like an a$$. Do you think the OBJ-006 being built in DICON is a unique design? It's basically a COPY of the Chinese Type 56, using WOOD & METAL (in 2018!!). To make matters worse, a soldier I had a chat with complains that the barrel BUCKLES after long firefights with Boko Haram! The fact that we're not even using lighter synthetic material is an indictment on DICON for lack of creativity and innovation. What stops them from coming up with a better design, addressing the AK-47 flaws, from accuracy to weight, etc?

Anyway, there were talks of DICON purchasing the rights to produce the Beryl rifle locally during the GEJ administration. I suggest that this administration follow up on that and make it a reality. The Nigerian Infantry Soldier is in dire need of a more modern and far better standard issue. If a basic Cameroonian soldier or Chadian soldier can be issued the Israeli Galil Ace rifle, why can't our soldiers better? So stop yapping.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by reformed: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2018
QDubz:

Russia still make use of upgraded versions of Ak47, improved versions like Ak74 and new variants Ak103.

That's what am talking about. Even the Israeli Galil is a variant of AK 47. We too should upgrade to the improved variants
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2018
it is very alarmin how little many nigerians know about nigeria....

somebody was challedgin me,that i was lying saying nigeria produces drones....

now this...
many dont know nigeria produces the variant of the ak localy....

chai....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by ocelot2006(m): 5:10pm On Dec 05, 2018
oloyede90:
Am 47 is a rugged gun. bury it in mud for days, fire it will answer. use it to swim through water, fire it will answer. easy to maintain. it still remains d best for our soldiers.

Bros, many new battle rifles can do just that, from the Tavor TAR-21 to the Galil ACE to the BAR. Everyone have learnt from the AK-47's reliability. It's time the rifle is relegated to the museum.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by kuuljay(m): 5:11pm On Dec 05, 2018
Shookonekilla:
[s][/s]

You are an ignorant talkative

I won't even bother responding to you

Weakling
you have been insulting people everywhere without giving out any processional contributions, dude from all indications you are just an angry empty head

2 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by ocelot2006(m): 5:13pm On Dec 05, 2018
QDubz:

The Russians no longer use the AK-47. Yes they still use upgraded versions of the AK-74 and AKS-74U, plus brand new rifle designs from Kalashnikov, but the AK-47 has been phased out from the military.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 5:14pm On Dec 05, 2018
ocelot2006:

Abeg stop b#$tching like an a$$. Do you think the OBJ-006 being built in DICON is a unique design? It's basically a COPY of the Chinese Type 56, using WOOD & METAL (in 2018!!). To make matters worse, a soldier I had a chat with complains that the barrel BUCKLES after long firefights with Boko Haram! The fact that we're not even using lighter synthetic material is an indictment on DICON for lack of creativity and innovation. What stops them from coming up with a better design, addressing the AK-47 flaws, from accuracy to weight, etc?

Anyway, there were talks of DICON purchasing the rights to produce the Beryl rifle locally during the GEJ administration. I suggest that this administration follow up on that and make it a reality. The Nigerian Infantry Soldier is in dire need of a more modern and far better standard issue. If a basic Cameroonian soldier or Chadian soldier can be issued the Israeli Galil Ace rifle, why can't our soldiers better? So stop yapping.

am not yapping,just tellin you everything cost money....and you know how stingy nigerian politicians are....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
Which kinda silly question is that.. because the gun is sophisticated you think it's better.. You know how many rounds ak 47 can drop inna minute, smh those guns the dss are holding are tar 21 rifles and you're ranting.. Smh
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by ocelot2006(m): 5:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
reformed:

Yes, the OBJ-006, a copy of the Chinese Type 56 with its folding integrated bayonet. The rifle was introduced during the OBJ administration.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by player007(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
yusufu16:
I think AK 47 is an outdated riffle. Anytime I see DSS officer, my heart just melt.

Why cant our military officers have those modern rifles used by US marines to fight Boko Haram.

Below is what our DSS use.

From the pictures posted, seems Aks are easy to carry compared to the other one.

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by ocelot2006(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
reformed:

EXACTLY!
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Pharaoh9(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2018
lexy2014:

Oga, no b quarrel. 4d fact that u no what u no, doesn't make u better than those who don't. U may knowledgeable in matters like this but u might b a novice in other areas. That's y I said no man on earth has a monopoly of knowledge. We are taught and then we teach. That's a fact of life. Am sure u weren't born with d knowledge u are boasting about. Respect is key. Don't display arrogance by looking down on people cos they don't no what u no. If u have knowledge, pls share but do it respectfully

stop giving fake news and deceiving people,

what will it cost you to check Google
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Blacknight28: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ak47 is not designed for close quarter combat as it has a longer barrel, whereas the Tavor is one of the best close quarter combat weapons with a shorter barrel, but on a more serious note, the military needs the new and improved AK47 currently in use by the Russian armed force or better still opt for the American made M4 carbine.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by QDubz(m): 5:19pm On Dec 05, 2018
reformed:

That's what am talking about. Even the Israeli Galil is a variant of AK 47. We too should upgrade to the improved variants

A weapon is only as good as the operator.
There are other variables that make a complete infantry man, and that what the regulars in the army lacks!.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by ocelot2006(m): 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2018
bantudra:

am not yapping,just tellin you everything cost money....and you know how stingy nigerian politicians are....

So we should still continue with antique weapons? Don't our troops deserve better? If our neighbors can get more modern standard issue rifles for their basic infantry troops, why do we issue Nigerian soldiers far less because a Politician wants to buy a house in Maitama for his mistress? That's the problem with Nigeria and it annoys the hell out of me.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2018
ocelot2006:

So we should still continue with antique weapons? Don't our troops deserve better? If our neighbors can get more modern standard issue rifles for their basic infantry troops, why do we issue Nigerian soldiers far less because a Politician wants to buy a house in Maitama for his mistress? That's the problem with Nigeria and it annoys the hell out of me.

ak is not antik....you are talkin about it as if it was from 200years ago....

anyways it doesnt matter...it can still kill till today....and with our different climate in each region,aks are best suited for us....

what we can do is upgrade it....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by MillionCash: 5:25pm On Dec 05, 2018
Gun na Gun

Cheek my siggi for football odds cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of Gombe Boko Haram Bomb Victims ( Graphic Images) / INEC Postpones Governorship Elections By One Week / PDP Suspends National Chairman, Ayu, With Immediate Effect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.