Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With (14630 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / What Programming Language Can I Use To Achieve This? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Temian1: 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2018
I want to go into programming and build websites from scratch with lots of advanced design

So my question is what's programming language do you recommend I start with as a beginner with no single knowledge about programming

Please relevant comments

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by lensdam(m): 10:19pm On Dec 05, 2018
Html after that css

5 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by TOSIN116: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
HTML! of course! then css javascript php mySQL python(not too relevant though...) .
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by micodon(m): 12:00am On Dec 06, 2018
lensdam:
Html after that css

HTML, CSS are not programming languages

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by micodon(m): 12:00am On Dec 06, 2018
TOSIN116:
HTML! of course! then css javascript php mySQL python(not too relevant though...) .

HTML, CSS are not programming languages. And how on earth is python "not too relevant"?

40 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by eph12(m): 12:08am On Dec 06, 2018
Php or javascript, choose one
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by TOSIN116: 12:12am On Dec 06, 2018
micodon:

HTML, CSS are not programming languages. And how on earth is python "not too relevant"?
Then they are what? Mark ups language abi? ;-D Python is not too relevant to build a website with advanced features.As there are other alternatives(many) .
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nuclearact: 3:29am On Dec 06, 2018
TOSIN116:
Then they are what? Mark ups language abi? ;-D Python is not too relevant to build a website with advanced features.As there are other alternatives(many) .
Lol, and the likes of quora, Reddit, YouTube were built with python. Python is one of the fastest growing language with top pay right now especially when it comes to data/financial analysis, AI and machine learning.

42 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Lionbite(m): 7:31am On Dec 06, 2018
What are these people above me even saying sef ehn

28 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Bells1922: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2018
Java is the best language any time

4 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2018
Python is always recommended if you're looking for an easy and even fun programming language to learn first.

Java is an object-oriented and feature-heavy programming language that's in high demand.

JavaScript is another incredibly popular language.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 06, 2018
Lionbite:
What are these people above me even saying sef ehn
Eh ya....pele!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by JuanDeDios: 7:32am On Dec 06, 2018
Nuclearact:
Lol, and the likes of quora, Reddit, YouTube were built with python. Python is one of the most fast growing language with top pay right now especially when it comes to data/financial analysis, AI and machine learning.
Interesting.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by condomuser: 7:33am On Dec 06, 2018
Start with Fulani Programming language

17 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Fidelismaria: 7:34am On Dec 06, 2018
undecided

Nawa for some people

Instead make them give correct answer to a question na person wey make mistake or no too get the answer them go they tackle

Like this guy above me now

7 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by NotBeenPaid: 7:34am On Dec 06, 2018

Just started learning C++, SQL & Tableau.

Have a basic knowledge in HTML/CSS

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by fnep2smooth(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2018
HTML
CSS
Jscript

then PHP

if you are in abuja contact me for your private tutuor...... on Web design and graphic design.

call 07088719921 for Freelance on Website Design, Graphic Design and Motion Graphic.

Things You Will Learn

*HTML
*CSS
*JSCRIPT
*WORDPRESS
*BLOGGER
*JOOMLA
*Open Cart

Graphic Design
*Adobe PhotoShop cc
*Adobe After effect

At the end of the tutorial you will learn how to design any Website, Blog, ECommerce store and many more

You will also learn how to create Logo, Banner, Edit videos and Motion Picture .

Contact me on 07088719921 or call. Currently my whatsapp contact not available

Note: PRIVATE TUTOR ( I DON'T ISSUE CERTIFICATE JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU THE BASICS)

i will be traveling for xmas...... so i have from now till 20th......... 1 week tutor you will choose your time..... 4hours daily

follow my thread https://www.nairaland.com/4749216/contact-me-private-tutor-web

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Oloripelebe: 7:34am On Dec 06, 2018
Python grin

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by sainttobs(m): 7:35am On Dec 06, 2018
Start with HTML and CSS. They are both easy to understand and will give you a good understanding of how web development works. Next take on Javascript. Then you can move to server side languages like PHP, MySQL. Although I prefer NodeJS and MongoDB for server side and database.

After that you can start learning frameworks like ReactJS, VueJS, AngularJS, Django, Express etc.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by mayze: 7:36am On Dec 06, 2018
TOSIN116:
Novice u r ..loool..python is the reigning language.update urself..@op:start with html.

2 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by DonX001: 7:39am On Dec 06, 2018
From the above, I'll probably learn HTML, CSS, and Python.

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2018
Since it's websites you want to build from scratch, then your area is web development.

Go for HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, PHP and MySQL, in that order.

The first two are for front-end web development and the last two are for back-end.

All these ones saying Python for web development, don't you know it will be too ambiguous to say that to a beginner? Python is too vast and multi-faceted for him to just dive into web dev from there. All of Una dey use una brain abeg.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by dicksonadams(m): 7:41am On Dec 06, 2018
If it is web development you are interested in then Learn in this order, html, css, Javascript.

Afterwards you can move to react and and Nodejs. Your knowledge of Javascript will make those two easy and fast.

You'll be fine

10 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by dreezybines: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2018
lensdam:
Html after that css

Are u whining or what?

Why will mention html and css as programming language...

To start web design, learn mark up language like html and css

For web development learn php, for simplicity learn Python

5 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by dreezybines: 7:46am On Dec 06, 2018
TOSIN116:

Baba I use Python frame work(Django and flask) for web development with any feature(advanced or not) you require...

Get your facts right before saying what you don't know...

4 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Kayleb001(m): 7:46am On Dec 06, 2018
Bells1922:
Java is the best language any time
Really??
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by tiwiex(m): 7:47am On Dec 06, 2018
micodon:

Python would have been my first guess. The fellow is either misrepresenting or he doesn't know what he is talking about.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by LotusFan: 7:47am On Dec 06, 2018
Personally I prefer Python, just because practically anyone can read it. The syntax it very straightforward you just have to train yourself to grasp the logic. Some people find the auto indentation to be annoying but it’s actually something I like about it. Read The Zen of Python smiley

JavaScript is another good one, if you don’t min dealing with npm and unlimited curly braces tongue

Keep in mind that both are interpreted. With a compiled languages, code you enter is reduced to a set of machine-specific instructions before being saved as an executable file. With interpreted languages, the code is saved in the same format that you entered.

6 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by tiwiex(m): 7:48am On Dec 06, 2018
dreezybines:

Baba I use Python frame work(Django and flask) for web development with any feature(advanced or not) you require...

Get your facts right before saying what you don't know...

Why tou dey respond to the guy? He should have asked for advice instead of sounding ignorant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by TEYA: 7:48am On Dec 06, 2018
Lalasticlala only moved this to front page because posters were saying python, python repeatedly. Lala and snakes! That guy will never change.

69 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ATM Machine Programming Language. / Ogun State Traims 200 Trained In Python Programming Language / Updates From #ForLoopAbuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.