Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,473 members, 7,781,376 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:27 PM

Problem With A Tenant(how Do You Deal With Stubborn Tenant) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Problem With A Tenant(how Do You Deal With Stubborn Tenant) (332 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Reveals The Problem With The Naira / How Do I Eject My Stubborn Tenant. / How Nigeria Will Benefit From Currency Swap Deal With China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Problem With A Tenant(how Do You Deal With Stubborn Tenant) by sensisosu: 6:12am On Dec 06, 2018
Hi guys,
I will make this short and straight to the point and hopefully professionals in the house will be able to give me necessary information on how to deal with the situation.

I have a tenant who has been a pain to my life for a couple of years now.. his rent was due in September but I gave him a six month quit notice through my lawyer in May which expires November 30 but he disregard the notice and is yet to moved out..

According to law, I am to give him another 7 days to quit the apartment which I already did but still the same problem.. he has refused to move out..

Now, I do not want to take matters into my hands and eject him forcefully but I have a feeling he is doing it intentionally to frustrate me..

Secondly, my lawyer told me he came to his office to beg for more time to look for an apartment..

I asked my lawyer what the next action would be, he said we would take him to court and his court fees is 70k for a rent of 200k.. I am beginning to sense sabotage since my tenant already had a meeting with my lawyer.. ( this is not confirmed, just me thinking aloud). I feel the lawyer is trying to make as much as he can from the case..

Please house what should be my next line of action.. your inputs will be highly appreciated..

Thank you all.. Please mod I would appreciate if this can be moved to front page so that people can share their views and other people in my situation can learn from my experience..
Re: Problem With A Tenant(how Do You Deal With Stubborn Tenant) by Heartbender: 6:22am On Dec 06, 2018
Get a new lawyer and retrieve your file from the old. Let's talk
sensisosu:
Hi guys,
I will make this short and straight to the point and hopefully professionals in the house will be able to give me necessary information on how to deal with the situation.

I have a tenant who has been a pain to my life for a couple of years now.. his rent was due in September but I gave him a six month quit notice through my lawyer in May which expires November 30 but he disregard the notice and is yet to moved out..

According to law, I am to give him another 7 days to quit the apartment which I already did but still the same problem.. he has refused to move out..

Now, I do not want to take matters into my hands and eject him forcefully but I have a feeling he is doing it intentionally to frustrate me..

Secondly, my lawyer told me he came to his office to beg for more time to look for an apartment..

I asked my lawyer what the next action would be, he said we would take him to court and his court fees is 70k for a rent of 200k.. I am beginning to sense sabotage since my tenant already had a meeting with my lawyer.. ( this is not confirmed, just me thinking aloud). I feel the lawyer is trying to make as much as he can from the case..

Please house what should be my next line of action.. your inputs will be highly appreciated..

Thank you all.. Please mod I would appreciate if this can be moved to front page so that people can share their views and other people in my situation can learn from my experience..
Re: Problem With A Tenant(how Do You Deal With Stubborn Tenant) by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 06, 2018
I am not a professional but I think you really need to change your lawyer

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Paypal Funds For Sell; Price's Negotiable / SUNDAY WEBSITE DEAL! Get You Website For #29,999 / Unlimited Your Limited Paypal Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.