Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,477 members, 7,801,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH (31246 Views)

Photos From The Construction Of Zungeru hydro-Power Project / 40MW Dadin-Kowa Hydro-Power Ready For Inauguration, 60 Years After / See 40MW Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba Delivered As Promised By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by forgiveness: 12:50pm On Dec 06, 2018
Sai Baba! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by marv1: 1:07pm On Dec 06, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

FactCheck: This project started as far back as 2007...any project the present government starts will take 4-5 years or more to accomplish (EPC Projects is not politics don't quote me).

Source 1:The Nation Newspaper attacking the project here 2014 http://thenationonlineng.net/inside-the-1billion-money-spinner-called-kashimbila-dam/

Source 2: Just Google it

Feasibility Studies by Aurecon

But 2007 to 2018 is not 4 or 5 years.
Why is that successive govt could not complete in 4 or 5 years
It's only a visionary leader who can do the needful and and push politics aside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
marv1:

But 2007 to 2018 is not 4 or 5 years.
Why is that successive govt could not complete in 4 or 5 years
It's only a visionary leader who can do the needful and and push politics aside.

Did this Government release any funds for the project until completion?? Or was it duly paid for by the previous Administration?
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by supereagle(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2018
quickberry2:
grin

More grease to your elbow Baba Fash

More power to your elbow, please.
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Jimasun: 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2018
eddiebruk:

Did this Government release any funds for the project until completion?? Or was it duly paid for by the previous Administration?
If truly the previous government released money as you stated...

2007 to 2015 is how many years?
8 years.

Yet they couldn't finish it.

Just bury your head in shame

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Exjoker(m): 2:43pm On Dec 06, 2018
id4sho:
PROPAGANDA
Like you know bro. Yes, the dam construction is 100% completed but the power plant is not ready to generate electricity by february as stated. Most of the high tension poles have been installed but not connected with wires. Afterall not all of the distribution stations are completed also. PROPAGANDA!!!
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by SirHouloo(m): 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2018
GavelSlam:
I take it you are a professor?

If you aren't, your life isn't worth celebrating.
I rather celebrate your grammar.
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Deepthoughts: 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
myboy2111:
The Kashimbilla Hydropower Plant in Taraba State is 100 per cent complete and will commence generating about 40 megawatts (MW) of electricity by February, 2019, to the national grid, the Federal Government has said.
Flashback:Work commenced on the Project in 2016, when Minister of Power, Works and Housing said that work would begin this year on the 40 megawatts Kashimbila Hydro Power Plant in Taraba.

Fashola said this while speaking with newsmen in Maiduguri after a tour of projects in the North East.
https://mobile.twitter.com/FMPWH/status/1068892336753700864
The kashimbila dam may have been completed during buhari regime but it is a fat black lie that buhari regime initiated n completed it!in the nation's newspaper of 22/9/2014,Mrs Sarah ochepe minister of water resources spoke about this very dam that was already in construction so this is just the Apc/buhari usual character of distorting history n decietfully claiming unmerited achievements,pdp constructed Alaoji, olorunshogo n other power facilities during their time n significantly upping the nation's power generation capacity only for Apc/buhari to come n claim credit for it without adding a single new MW generation.In Apir along makurdi- otukpo road pdp built a gigantic power transmission facility that was almost completed,im sure the day it will be commissioned Apc will claim it started n completed it,Apc can only decieve the gullible n certainly not those who are better informed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by zuto4u(m): 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2018
So does it mean that we will start having uninterrupted power supply?
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by anyimontana(m): 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
GavelSlam:

Stop talking nonsense.

It is people that make up a country. Nobody was born governor or senator. The sum total of the country, you and me , is what results in what you get.
gtf outta my mention.can't u have a mature discussion with bringing insult into it?..enjoy ur country.call my attention wen u fix it.fixer
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
Jimasun:

If truly the previous government released money as you stated...

2007 to 2015 is how many years?
8 years.

Yet they couldn't finish it.

Just bury your head in shame

Did the immediate past government start in 2007...? Olodo

When you are done reading the documents, you can go to bed.

Let me school you. Did you see the date on the article? September when Jonathan was probably planning for election, have it in mind Project was %95 complete, hoping he will win the Elections, he most likely gave top priority to the Elections with hopes to commission the project on his second tenure, unluckily for him, he lost.

Your President came into power and basically didn’t even know what was going on, Delayed the project completion till the end of his Tenure so as to make people like you scream Sai Baba which you are already lost in to claim credit for what he did not do.

His achievements shouldn’t even be debatable considering how long he has fought to become president, but we are seeing the worst.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by thinksense: 10:15pm On Dec 06, 2018
Pmb for real. Wailers go say na obj start am or gej startam. Shameless ppl. Na hatret go kill all na finish. Isi ehu
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Jaideyone(m): 8:40am On Dec 07, 2018
pacificman:

if reno investigate now we go see say na GEJ start am
so buhari should have abandoned all GEJ projects? may God deliver you from foolishness
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by pacificman: 8:41am On Dec 07, 2018
Jaideyone:
so buhari should have abandoned all GEJ projects? may God deliver you from foolishness

have God delivered your father??
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by marv1: 11:17am On Dec 07, 2018
eddiebruk:

You should know better than this.
If it was duly paid for by the last administration that was already borrowing to pay salaries in 2015 and it was not completed then. It simply tells a lot about their incompetence and cluelessness.
But it was paid for by this administration and completed by them then they have done well.

Mind you:
I only answered you according to your question.
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 07, 2018
marv1:

You should know better than this.
If it was duly paid for by the last administration that was already borrowing to pay salaries in 2015 and it was not completed then. It simply tells a lot about their incompetence and cluelessness.
But it was paid for by this administration and completed by them then they have done well.

Mind you:
I only answered you according to your question
Then in my conclusion, you have no idea about this project. Read the documents

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2018
Happy?

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by marv1: 9:18am On Dec 08, 2018
[quote author=eddiebruk post=73629934][/quote]
Like I said before I still maintain it I only answered you according to your question.
So what idea are you talking about that a project manager that spent three years on a project??
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Jaideyone(m): 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2018
pacificman:

have God delivered your father??
I understand you wake you father with sliding tackle. so I'm not surprised you can bring mine into our squabble.
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by pacificman: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2018
Jaideyone:
I understand you wake you father with sliding tackle. so I'm not surprised you can bring mine into our squabble.

am your father boy
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Franzinni: 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2018
somehow:
You mean they started building roads, power stations, railways, airports, debts repayments, pension payment yesterday?
mtcheew! Hehe you know the truth....
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by ofwest47(m): 2:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
Recovered looted fund being wisely utilized to the shamefulness of the looters.
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Guestlander: 2:31pm On Dec 24, 2018
myboy2111:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/work-start-kashimbilla-hydro-power-plant-year-fashola/

This administration should be encouraged to do more. They have shown already that they mean business.
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by zomoears(m): 10:50pm On Feb 24, 2019
pacificman:

https://theeagleonline.com.ng/fg-vows-to-maximize-opportunities-in-kashimbila-multipurpose-dam/

The dam structure was already completed and inaugurated as at Feb 2015.Power generation and irrigation components of the projects have been active ever since. The water supply component has also been completed for years now.
Work on the transmission line for evacuation of power had already commenced.

Obasanjo conceptualised d project. Goodluck completed the physical structure,the irrigation facilities as well as the electricity generation component. Buhari completed the power transmission lines for evacuation of power. That is what governance ia about.
Continuity!
Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by Ayemileto(m): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2021
pacificman:

I was going through a book I got from SURE P prior to 2015 election, it contains some of GEJ'S project, and i saw this project there.

Then I remembered I have seen it on Nairaland before, and decided to check to confirm.

See the caption at the bottom left corner.

Re: Photos: Kashimbila Hydro Power Dam In Taraba State By FMPWH by proeast(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2021
9jaArea:

If I'm correct the primary purpose was not power generation, power is just an add-on

Firstly, I'm appalled that these guys are rolling out the drums to celebrate a mere 40 mega watts?? Like seriously, what is wrong with these creatures for God's sake?!

South Africa didn't get to the level of generating over 40,000 megawatts by seeing 40 megawatts as a milestone. Nigerians really need to shun mediocrity and stupidity for crying out loud!!

Again, why spend billions and so much resources on this project if it will only produce 40megawatts? It's not worth it all. A project of such magnitude in terms of cost and resources consumption shouldn't generate anything less than 400 megawatts, except the primary objective is to supply irrigation water for agriculture while power generation is an afterthought. If this country should continue like this, I can't even imagine what will befall it in no distant time.

This is so disgustingly ridiculous!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari To Give 6% Interest Loans To Nigerians To Buy Made-in-nigeria Cars / Anambra central senatorial Election: Dora Akunyili (APGA) vs Chris Ngige of ACN / Police Withdraw Tompolo’s Security Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.