Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Questions You Should Ask Before Taking Selfie With Your Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Questions You Should Ask Before Taking Selfie With Your Phone. (293 Views)

Indian Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking Selfie (Photo) / Woman Falls To Her Death While Taking Selfie From Balcony (Photos) / Itel Announce S32 Smartphone With Dual Selfie Camera And Fingerprint Scanner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Questions You Should Ask Before Taking Selfie With Your Phone. by flyingdagger(m): 9:28am On Dec 06, 2018
Before you take out your camera or smartphone to take a picture, here are some questions you should ask yourself because the answers would help improve the quality of your images.

1. What is my subject?

There’s a reason you put your camera to your eye or frame up a shot in the LCD. Ask yourself what you are trying to capture. And, as you operate the camera, do not lose focus on that. Sometimes the vantage point through the viewfinder or on the screen can distract or distance you from the subject. If the view distracts you, it will be even more distracting for your audience.

2. How do I best highlight the subject?

You know what your subject is, but will it be obvious to the viewer? Will it be obvious to you years from now when you look at that photo? There are myriad ways to make your subject stand out: composition, lighting, angles, lines, etc. Start thinking about this and keep reading—some of the upcoming questions will expound on this query.

3. Where is the subject in the frame?

Is the subject directly in the center? Sometimes that works. Divide the frame into thirds vertically and horizontally. Does the composition work better with the subject on one of those lines or at an intersection? How does the picture work if you put the subject in a corner or way off to the side, top, or bottom?

4. Am I close enough to my subject to emphasize it?

Being too far from your subject might mean that it gets lost in the background noise. If you have to explain to the viewer where your subject is in the frame, it means you might not have been close enough to that subject or that you failed to emphasize the subject in some other way. In the words of the legendary photojournalist and Magnum co-founder Robert Capa: “If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough.”

5. Am I far enough from my subject to allow the viewer to have a sense of time and place of the photograph?

Contrary to the last question, the subject can take up so much of the frame that the context and location of the photo is lost. If you are seeking to capture a memento of a shared experience by making a photo of your friend or loved one in front of a famous place or picturesque vista, be sure to include some of that place in the frame. Of course, there are times when you just want the subject to fill the frame.

Stay tune as I shall drop more hints on asking the right questions before taking pictures.

please remember to follow me
http://www.infinix.club/ng/forum/604/860818
Re: Questions You Should Ask Before Taking Selfie With Your Phone. by phonedaddy: 11:34am On Dec 06, 2018
thanks for the tips.

(1) (Reply)

It's A Buy One Get One Free Season From ITEL. / Abeg Enta Here / Do You Know You Can Earn Money Through Amazon Through The Following Ways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.