Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra (8475 Views)

Kogi Central: Appeal Court Sacks Apc's Ohere, Affirms Pdp's Natasha Akpoti / BREAKING: PDP Jubilates In Kogi As Appeal Court Sacks APC Rep / Maurice Iwu Vs Mahmood Yakubu: Who Is The Worst INEC Chairman In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Adeitanajoke(f): 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2018

A Federal High Court sitting in Awka, Anambra State, on Thursday, nullified the election of Mr Emeka Ibe as the chairman of the All Progressives Congress in the state.

Chief Uzochukwu Onyekwere, a member of the APC in Anambra and chairmanship aspirant had gone to court to contest the May 19 state elective congress that brought in Ibe, over unlawful exclusion.

Defendants in the suit were Okey Ezea, Rep. Kingsley Chinda, Chairman of the APC Congress Committee in Anambra, Ibe, the acclaimed winner and the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Onyekwere told the court that he was a bonafide member of the APC and was entitled to aspire for the office of the party’s chairman in Anambra.

He sought the declaration that the exercise was not conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 223 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 as amended and Article 20 of the APC constitution 2017 as amended.

He said the provisions were that all elections would be through democratic voting and that the exercise fell short of it.

Ibeh sought a declaration that he would not be punished after seeking justice through the court and that the May 19, 2018, Anambra APC congress be set aside.

In his over two hours ruling, Justice Bature Gafai dismissed the counter-affidavits of defendants which contended that the court did not have jurisdiction over the matter as it was an internal party affair.

Gafai said the plaintiff being a bonafide member of the party and having paid the mandatory nomination fee had the right to fair contest.

He nullified the election into the APC chairmanship position and ordered a re-run which INEC should supervise.

The judge who did not grant the damage of N100 million sought by the plaintiff, however, did not give that for the repeat of the election.

But in reaction, Chief Tagbo Ike, counsel for the petitioner applauded the court for the judgment and speedy dispensation of justice.

Ike, who described the election as a ‘sham’ said it was sad that a few people sat and produced their stooges as consensus and harmonised candidates and forced them on the people.

Ike said he would convey judgment to the party hierarchy for appropriate action.

The plaintiff, Onyekwere also lauded the court adding that he had been vindicated.

Onyekwere said he would go back and prepare for a congress election that would reflect the minds of the generality of party faithful.

“I thank God, if you must go to equity you have to go with clean hands, I have maintained that there was no congress in Anambra and the court has confirmed it.

“I will go and prepare, if I win, I win and if I lose I will be happy that justice has been served,” he said.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/breaking-court-sacks-apc-chairman-in-anambra.html
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Stone123(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
FTC! Its my birthday and wedding anniversary next week guys! 12/12

Happy birthday to me!

Like or share to wish me well and lets leave APC issue for now

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Sunofgod(m): 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2018
Court sacks APC from anambra state.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by deboysben(m): 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2018
Lol more troubles in camp of the enemy

Obiano go hear am
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by anambraamaka: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2018
angry
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Ayoswit(f): 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2018
Katakata party grin
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by deboysben(m): 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2018
Apc is dead and buried in South East their funeral is in 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Denikayan: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2018
APC is taking over Anambra by fire by force.

Tired of the drunkard at the helms of affairs

But on a sincere note, If you see the design of the bridge modelled to look like a suspension bridge in Anambra, You wont be surprised being told the Governor is a drunkard

That design was definitely inspired by Alcohol

We bursted into laughter when we saw it. What was the architect thinking.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by fortunechy(m): 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2018
So there's Association of present Criminals in Anambra State??
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by USFOCUS: 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2018
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Passionate888: 3:42pm On Dec 06, 2018
Oshiomole sef.
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2018
Na wa.What is happening in Anambra?
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by mytime24(f): 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2018
K
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Excelboi(m): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2018
Court matter every where especially regarding to election related stuffs... It's even good that way. We lawyers can have something to feed on... grin
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Ezezima2012(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2018
The funny thing here is that the chairman Emeka Ibe and mr Onyekwere came from the same village, the same town.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2018
Denikayan:

But on a sincere note, If you see the design of the bridge modelled to look like a suspension bridge in Anambra, You wont be surprised being told the Governor is a drunkard

Even at that Anambra is stil far better than the comedy of APC in Imo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by ogba20: 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2018
Denikayan:

pictures or you keep quiet. Or you be lai m. I know call name younger brother?
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by michlins(m): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2018
It's about to go down

I love this song
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Pekele007: 4:01pm On Dec 06, 2018
If APC gather up to 5% vote in SE next year, make I turn Jubrin. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by senatordave1(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2018
deboysben:

Obiano go hear am
Hypocrisy.your the 3rd to comment without prior verification as usual.l hope you won't complain when you are such post again your hilarious party
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by able20(m): 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2018
deboysben:

Obiano go hear am
Okorocha down, next is Obiano & co.
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
Confusion in the enemies camp.
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by chiangwar: 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2018
APC yet is to hear bad news more troubles in camp of the enemy

Adeitanajoke:

A Federal High Court sitting in Awka, Anambra State, on Thursday, nullified the election of Mr Emeka Ibe as the chairman of the All Progressives Congress in the state.

Chief Uzochukwu Onyekwere, a member of the APC in Anambra and chairmanship aspirant had gone to court to contest the May 19 state elective congress that brought in Ibe, over unlawful exclusion.

Defendants in the suit were Okey Ezea, Rep. Kingsley Chinda, Chairman of the APC Congress Committee in Anambra, Ibe, the acclaimed winner and the Independent National Electoral Commission.

Onyekwere told the court that he was a bonafide member of the APC and was entitled to aspire for the office of the party’s chairman in Anambra.

He sought the declaration that the exercise was not conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 223 of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 as amended and Article 20 of the APC constitution 2017 as amended.

He said the provisions were that all elections would be through democratic voting and that the exercise fell short of it.

Ibeh sought a declaration that he would not be punished after seeking justice through the court and that the May 19, 2018, Anambra APC congress be set aside.

In his over two hours ruling, Justice Bature Gafai dismissed the counter-affidavits of defendants which contended that the court did not have jurisdiction over the matter as it was an internal party affair.

Gafai said the plaintiff being a bonafide member of the party and having paid the mandatory nomination fee had the right to fair contest.

He nullified the election into the APC chairmanship position and ordered a re-run which INEC should supervise.

The judge who did not grant the damage of N100 million sought by the plaintiff, however, did not give that for the repeat of the election.

But in reaction, Chief Tagbo Ike, counsel for the petitioner applauded the court for the judgment and speedy dispensation of justice.

Ike, who described the election as a ‘sham’ said it was sad that a few people sat and produced their stooges as consensus and harmonised candidates and forced them on the people.

Ike said he would convey judgment to the party hierarchy for appropriate action.

The plaintiff, Onyekwere also lauded the court adding that he had been vindicated.

Onyekwere said he would go back and prepare for a congress election that would reflect the minds of the generality of party faithful.

“I thank God, if you must go to equity you have to go with clean hands, I have maintained that there was no congress in Anambra and the court has confirmed it.

“I will go and prepare, if I win, I win and if I lose I will be happy that justice has been served,” he said.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/breaking-court-sacks-apc-chairman-in-anambra.html
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Omeokachie: 7:06pm On Dec 06, 2018
Buhari wants to win 25% in Anambra cheesy
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Kenekingisback: 7:36pm On Dec 06, 2018
Amazing sack
Re: BREAKING: Court Sacks APC Chairman In Anambra by Anduku: 6:19am On Dec 07, 2018
Kikikikikiki grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

#EndSars : Policeman Set Ablaze and Decapitated in Ogidi (Viewers Discretion) / After 3 Flops In 25 Years, INEC Meets Parties Today Over New Polling Units / Obasanjo Tells Old Politicians To Leave The Stage For Younger Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.