Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,286 members, 7,780,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:41 PM

10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway (26443 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by AutoJoshNG: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2018

Photo Credit: BusinessDayOnline

1. The Lagos–Ibadan Expressway is a 127.6-kilometre-long (79.3 miles) expressway.

2. The Expressway connects Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State and Lagos.

3. It is also the major route to the northern, southern and eastern parts of Nigeria.

4. The Lagos–Ibadan Expressway is the oldest in Nigeria. It was commissioned in August 1978 during the military administration of Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo.

5. This expressway is the busiest inter-state route in Nigeria and handles more than 250,000 Passenger Car Unit (PCU) daily and constitutes one of the largest road networks in Africa.

6. It is part of the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency(FERMA) projects, concerned with road improvement and connectivity between the States of Nigeria.

7. The reconstruction of the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway was flagged off on July 2013 by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

8. The contract was awarded to Julius Berger Nigeriaand Reynolds Construction Company Limited at a sum of 167 billion Naira, equivalent to $838,986,290.

9. Two sections of the expressway will be reconstructed and this includes Section I (Lagos to Sagamu Interchange) and section II (Sagamu Interchange to Ibadan).

10. The reconstruction of the road had 2017 as the initial completion date but it was later moved to end of 2018/early 2019 by the Mohammadu Buhari-led government as a result of the increase in scope of work.

Photo Credit: Punch Newspaper

Photo Credit: DailyPost

Source:

https://autojosh.com/10-things-to-know-about-the-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by phorget(m): 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2018
11. The road has forever remained "inconclusive".
Every government would always have a reason to spend billions on that road even when the previous government had also spent billions yet it will always be remain a work in progress.

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Imustreturn(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2018
Inconclusive road

21 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by durubennie(m): 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2018
sad

It will always be pending
Next year atiku will spend billions and it wouldn't still be finished till 2023

Useless country

27 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Lopon1(m): 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2018
We don't want to kno

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
Good thread

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 6:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
cool
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by slawomir: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
Isoright
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Elslim: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
Them don de award the contract since IBB time
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by sogodihno: 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
PMB till 2023, then PYO till 2031.

God bless our President. let me see the ipob pig that will come to my door and ask me to vote for Atiku and Obigotry.

SW is locked down for PMB. if you are not comfortable with it, u can use the lagoon.

Pigs should vote for their candidate and let Omoluabi vote for their candidate.

ko Si ija nibe

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Felixalex(m): 6:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
The only one thing I know about the road is that it has claimed hundreds abi thousands of lives! Right from when I be small pikin I've been hearing about accidents, robbery attacks on that road

6 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by amaniro: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2018
It has taken many lives. Number 1

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by emmyt2: 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2018
Carry go BUBU till 2023

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by oluwatosink: 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2018
nice one..
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Teewhy2: 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2018
I was discussing with a friend last month and he asked me where I base and I said along Lagos-ibadan expressway way, he said whoa that road , the first time he came and relocated to Lagos 18 years ago he still remember the traffic he experienced on that road and he was told it was due to reconstruction going on and now that he has gone to school finished his degree and started work, about to marry they are still reconstructing the road when will they ever finish that road?

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

7 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2018
durubennie:
sad

Useless country
...Atiku...

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by humblespirit: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2018
durubennie:
sad

Useless country
Atiku LL never rule this country.
And Nigeria is a beautiful country.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by seenter84: 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
I want to drive my Bentley on the fresh tiled road.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Triangles1(m): 6:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
First express way in west Africa

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by rottennaija(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2018
durubennie:
sad

Useless country
Atiku is not smelling Aso Rock

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by durubennie(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...Atiku...
Who is this?

Apologize to your mother for finding your way out of her womb

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by eghuan1(m): 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2018
phorget:
11. The road has forever remained "inconclusive".
Every government would always have a reason to spend billions on that road even when the previous government had also spent billions yet it will always be remain a work in progress.

That why Nigerians should vite me for president in 2023 so I can complete it
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Davincibrown: 6:33pm On Dec 06, 2018
This country is bleeped up
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by helinues: 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2018
Good

How much has been spent/awarded so far? Billions

Meanwhile nobody is talking or fixing Sango Ota road

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by moscobabs(m): 6:34pm On Dec 06, 2018
Na Obasanjo dey government in 1978?
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by helium2: 6:36pm On Dec 06, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

...Atiku...

Who told you atiku is a proper noun?
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by bettercreature(m): 6:37pm On Dec 06, 2018
grin
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by srrrr(m): 6:41pm On Dec 06, 2018
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by kolaaderin: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Photo Credit: BusinessDayOnline

1. The Lagos–Ibadan Expressway is a 127.6-kilometre-long (79.3 miles) expressway.

2. The Expressway connects Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State and Lagos.

3. It is also the major route to the northern, southern and eastern parts of Nigeria.

4. The Lagos–Ibadan Expressway is the oldest in Nigeria. It was commissioned in August 1978 during the military administration of Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo.

5. This expressway is the busiest inter-state route in Nigeria and handles more than 250,000 Passenger Car Unit (PCU) daily and constitutes one of the largest road networks in Africa.

6. It is part of the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency(FERMA) projects, concerned with road improvement and connectivity between the States of Nigeria.

7. The reconstruction of the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway was flagged off on July 2013 by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

8. The contract was awarded to Julius Berger Nigeriaand Reynolds Construction Company Limited at a sum of 167 billion Naira, equivalent to $838,986,290.

9. Two sections of the expressway will be reconstructed and this includes Section I (Lagos to Sagamu Interchange) and section II (Sagamu Interchange to Ibadan).

10. The reconstruction of the road had 2017 as the initial completion date but it was later moved to end of 2018/early 2019 by the Mohammadu Buhari-led government as a result of the increase in scope of work.

Photo Credit: Punch Newspaper

Photo Credit: DailyPost

Source:

https://autojosh.com/10-things-to-know-about-the-lagos-ibadan-expressway/

You are not telling us how PDP started milking us with the expansion project running in the budget from 2003 till 2015. How the expansion took them 13 years with 100 of billions down the drain for a projected that was started and completed in just 3 years in 1975-78. Just like that of second niger bridge . we will never forget so soon.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by opalu: 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2018
Hmm
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by bonna4u(m): 6:45pm On Dec 06, 2018
That is the say; the baptismal name of that road is 'inconclusive'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. / Couple, Their 3 Children Die As Car Rams Into Truck On Lagos-Badagry Expressway / 13 Things To Know About The Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.