Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway (26469 Views)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Tanker Explodes On Lagos - Ibadan Expressway, Vehicles Got Burnt(Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by GrammarNazi1(m): 6:47pm On Dec 06, 2018
durubennie:

Who is this?

My mother is a LovePeddler.
Don't be disrespectful.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by gurunlocker: 6:59pm On Dec 06, 2018
Always love the road feeling when we are about to reach Berger.....
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by 0balufonlll: 7:00pm On Dec 06, 2018
seenter84:
I want to drive my Bentley on the fresh tiled road.

Tarred.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2018
eghuan1:

That why Nigerians should vite me for president in 2023 so I can complete it
don't forget me in your good book, when you become president, I'm a loyal.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by supereagle(m): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2018
May PDP not come back to rule us again.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by ofiko123(m): 7:12pm On Dec 06, 2018
Till Jesus Christ comes they will not complete the road...
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Oponel1962: 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2018
durubennie:
sad

It will always be pending
Next year atiku will spend billions and it wouldn't still be finished till 2023

Useless country
What has a tiku got to do with this? To come and privatize the road?
Only a useless country will allow that.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by johnie: 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

4. The Lagos–Ibadan Expressway is the oldest in Nigeria. It was commissioned in August 1978 during the military administration of Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo.

7. The reconstruction of the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway was flagged off on July 2013 by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Wasn't he a Lt. Gen then?

Wasn't the initial flag off of the reconstruction carried out by President Obasanjo during his first term?
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by 77up(m): 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2018
durubennie:
sad

Next year Buhari will spend billions and it wouldn't still be finished till 2023

Useless country
You are right , fixed grin
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by rhektor(m): 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2018
0balufonlll:

Tarred.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by onatisi(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2018
even ibadan to ilorin is yet to be fully completed since year 2000 when obj flagged it off . 18 years ago
durubennie:
sad

Next year atiku will spend billions and it wouldn't still be finished till 2023

Useless country
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Tfkspecial(m): 8:25pm On Dec 06, 2018
11. Saraki and cronies removed appropriation for this key project and replaced it with provision of tricycles and okadas as their own constituencies projects

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by FSolar: 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2018
Oga autojoshNG, abeg quickly modify the post with jara of:
1. Which sections would be 8 lanes and which would be 6 lanes.
2. Who is responsible for each section.
3. The Start and end points of the construction site.

These facts are important.
Next time i travel that route, I'd be generous to add the percentage of each section completed.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by DateMynd44(m): 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2018
sogodihno:
PMB till 2023, then PYO till 2031.

God bless our President. let me see the ipob pig that will come to my door and ask me to vote for Atiku and Obigotry.

SW is locked down for PMB. if you are not comfortable with it, u can use the lagoon.

Pigs should vote for their candidate and let Omoluabi vote for their candidate.

ko Si ija nibe
you're not Yoruba. you're an impostor. an ab0ki
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2018
One billion dollars just to surface 120 kilometres of road.

Every single politician in Nigeria is going to hell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by lonelydora: 9:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
The picture ia exactly the bridge used in 'The Johnson'
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by careidon: 12:54am On Dec 07, 2018
whatever the number of lanes - they are just additions to an existing road that took only 3years to build.

what of the 2013 cost/km? 167b divided by 127.6km

we can never have needed infrastructures at these inflated rates/costs.
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by arrestdarrester: 2:42am On Dec 07, 2018
Na wah for APC Ooo, so na even uncle Jona na him start this one self?
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by mknigeriagreat: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2018
AutoJoshNG:

Photo Credit: BusinessDayOnline

1. The Lagos–Ibadan Expressway is a 127.6-kilometre-long (79.3 miles) expressway.

2. The Expressway connects Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State and Lagos.

3. It is also the major route to the northern, southern and eastern parts of Nigeria.

4. The Lagos–Ibadan Expressway is the oldest in Nigeria. It was commissioned in August 1978 during the military administration of Major-General Olusegun Obasanjo.

5. This expressway is the busiest inter-state route in Nigeria and handles more than 250,000 Passenger Car Unit (PCU) daily and constitutes one of the largest road networks in Africa.

6. It is part of the Federal Roads Maintenance Agency(FERMA) projects, concerned with road improvement and connectivity between the States of Nigeria.

7. The reconstruction of the Lagos–Ibadan Expressway was flagged off on July 2013 by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

8. The contract was awarded to Julius Berger Nigeriaand Reynolds Construction Company Limited at a sum of 167 billion Naira, equivalent to $838,986,290.

9. Two sections of the expressway will be reconstructed and this includes Section I (Lagos to Sagamu Interchange) and section II (Sagamu Interchange to Ibadan).

10. The reconstruction of the road had 2017 as the initial completion date but it was later moved to end of 2018/early 2019 by the Mohammadu Buhari-led government as a result of the increase in scope of work.

How come RCC has been constructing a part of the road man? I have taken that route severally and it is shared between JB and RCC. One from Ibadan to Shagamu and the other from Shagamu toll gate to Lagos. So can you explain the bold part to me please?
Re: 10 Things To Know About The Lagos-ibadan Expressway by seenter84: 8:21am On Dec 07, 2018
0balufonlll:

Tarred.

Thanks o
Na everyday I day learn from NL.
Too much brains

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Stunning Natural Swimming Spots In Nigeria / Couple, Their 3 Children Die As Car Rams Into Truck On Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Lagos: Agege Streets Flooded As Residents Go About Their Daily Activities (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.