Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,388 members, 7,808,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles (22957 Views)

Driver Put 1 Million Miles On Her Hyundai Elantra In Just Five Years / Dutch Firm Releases 'First Solar Car That Travels 450 Miles On Single Charge' / Check Out This 2013 Porsche Panamera For 18M Naira @ PAYANDRIVE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by koolcat: 7:39am On Dec 07, 2018
Otsam:

You think of the second hand value because you are a Nigerian.They have good roads over there and do the services as at when due not when faulty. Imagine the Hyundai of five years still looking like that, that's in a the country where they have good leaders.
Y then was it pushed over to a Nigeria news site
Indirectly advertising the car ni?
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by koolcat: 7:40am On Dec 07, 2018
kingreign:
better than the corollas

Very good second hand value. Put your hand where your mouth is.
na u sabi
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by Kaydeexotic(m): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2018
With gazzuzz by your side as your steady auto engineer.. we can achieve this in Nigeria as well kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by technicallyrich(m): 7:42am On Dec 07, 2018
How much can i install a car tracker in my car and where.
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by Mutemenot(m): 7:58am On Dec 07, 2018
koolcat:
Rubbish car with no second hand value.
grin

shocked it's only in naija we think such cars has no second hand value. I once used 4th hand kia in abroad which I later sold to the 5th user. D car is still clean n sound

1 Like

Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by koolcat: 8:01am On Dec 07, 2018
Mutemenot:
grin

shocked it's only in naija we think such cars has no second hand value. I once used 4th hand kia in abroad which I later sold to the 5th user. D car is still clean n sound
wow
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:05am On Dec 07, 2018
kingreign:
better than the corollas

Anything is better than a Corolla, bro. grin
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by ChiefAzubuike(f): 8:10am On Dec 07, 2018
Later when I compare Hyundai to Benz surebetarena will start crying fowl.
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by Back2Daura(m): 8:19am On Dec 07, 2018
antagonist:
While the milestone itself is crazy, the fact that it was achieved using the original powertrain is all the more impressive.

Farrah Haines is the owner of this 2013 Hyundai Elantra that, for the most part, looks like every other carbon-copy that rolled off the company's assembly line just five years ago. However, it's very likely the most well-traveled example of them all with more than 1,000,000 miles accumulated—all on the original powertrain.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8276955_screenshot20181206212504chrome_jpege1eb5b4100c81ebc421004f81be7270d

Despite eclipsing the seven-figure mile mark, the Elantra is extremely clean and obviously well cared for. Farrah added a few things, like a grille guard, to help protect her car through the many hours of driving. 

Thanks to her job as a delivery driver, Haines was able to rack up that many miles in less than half-a-decade. In all, she travels about 200,000 miles a year, which is fine by her as she only took up the job as she loved to be behind the wheel and figured she might as well make money in the process.

When her car reached the milestone, Haines was, understandably, a little disheartened that there wouldn’t be a way for her to show the achievement—digital odometers just don't have the space for so many digits.

It was then that Hyundai stepped in to create an exclusive badge, recognizing her achievement. Dubbed "The Million Mile Emblem," Hyundai created it as a genuine part that it will award other drivers with should they achieve the astounding feat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFzp1pVPDPg

While driving the same car to a million miles in just five years is a big deal, Farrah says she’s looking forward to the next milestone of 1.5 million miles. 

http://www.thedrive.com/news/25346/this-2013-hyundai-elantra-has-traveled-more-than-1-million-miles

Not Nigerian roads.
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by IkpuMmadu: 9:00am On Dec 07, 2018
antagonist:
While the milestone itself is crazy, the fact that it was achieved using the original powertrain is all the more impressive.

Farrah Haines is the owner of this 2013 Hyundai Elantra that, for the most part, looks like every other carbon-copy that rolled off the company's assembly line just five years ago. However, it's very likely the most well-traveled example of them all with more than 1,000,000 miles accumulated—all on the original powertrain.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8276955_screenshot20181206212504chrome_jpege1eb5b4100c81ebc421004f81be7270d

Despite eclipsing the seven-figure mile mark, the Elantra is extremely clean and obviously well cared for. Farrah added a few things, like a grille guard, to help protect her car through the many hours of driving. 

Thanks to her job as a delivery driver, Haines was able to rack up that many miles in less than half-a-decade. In all, she travels about 200,000 miles a year, which is fine by her as she only took up the job as she loved to be behind the wheel and figured she might as well make money in the process.

When her car reached the milestone, Haines was, understandably, a little disheartened that there wouldn’t be a way for her to show the achievement—digital odometers just don't have the space for so many digits.

It was then that Hyundai stepped in to create an exclusive badge, recognizing her achievement. Dubbed "The Million Mile Emblem," Hyundai created it as a genuine part that it will award other drivers with should they achieve the astounding feat. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFzp1pVPDPg

While driving the same car to a million miles in just five years is a big deal, Farrah says she’s looking forward to the next milestone of 1.5 million miles. 

http://www.thedrive.com/news/25346/this-2013-hyundai-elantra-has-traveled-more-than-1-million-miles

Don't worry Innosson car would make 2 Milla ...trust them
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by freshvine(f): 9:25am On Dec 07, 2018
who 1 million miles epp? by the time it hit naija, it'll be 50,000miles
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by Exponental(m): 10:12am On Dec 07, 2018
coolzeal:
Imagine driving a million mile on Naija road. Oboy na only bonnet go remain ooh.
a thousand kilometers in Nigeria cannot be this clean, especially if you drive in Lagos.
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by maasoap(m): 10:28am On Dec 07, 2018
AfonjaOgbuisi:
Really! We know where the real baby factories flourish, you can't just come here and change the narrative.
Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by salford1: 10:54am On Dec 07, 2018
ITbomb:
Oh I can see now, even in their good roads, they had to add extra strength to the bumper.

Hyundai bumper is ironically the most delicate part of the car.

My accent bumper has suffered for Naija roads. I had to remove the fog light
The grill on the bumper was fitted to prevent damage to the front end from collision with animals like deer at night.

1 Like

Re: This 2013 Hyundai Elantra Has Traveled More Than 1 Million Miles by thebestprice(m): 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
Niangollan42:

U just said my mind... It's not even a Sonata but Elentra.. I hate that car together with Accent
why

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC Impounds An Overloaded Bus (Photos) / Self-driving Volkswagen Sedric Concept To Be Available In 2025 (photo) / 10 Important Things To Check Regularly In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.