₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,138,742 members, 4,645,667 topics. Date: Monday, 17 December 2018 at 08:47 PM

Wordpress 5.0 Is Here - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress 5.0 Is Here (138 Views)

Updated To Wordpress 5.0? Learn How To Change To The Old Classic Editor / Wordpress 5.0 Released With Problems / How To Reinstall Wordpress: 5 Different Methods Depending On Your Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress 5.0 Is Here by Freeresearch: 11:11pm On Dec 06
On December 6, 2018, WordPress Version 5.0, named for jazz musician Bebo, was released to the public. WordPress 5.0 will revolutionize content editing with introduction of a new block editor and block editor-compatible default theme Twenty Nineteen. For more information on this release, read the WordPress Blog.

For Version 5.0, the database version (db_version in wp_options) updated to 43764, and the Trac revision was 43970.

Some big changes have come to the editing experience in WordPress. A new block-based editor is the first step toward an exciting new future with a streamlined editing experience site-wide.

More flexibility with how content is displayed
Insert any type of multimedia and have it embed automatically
Each piece of content is in its own block and easily maneuverable with mouse or keyboard
Tons of blocks available by default with more to come: paragraph, heading, preformatted text, quote, image, gallery, cover image, video, audio, columns with nested blocks, files, code, and more

Blocks are also reusable and many can easily be converted from one type to another. This new editing experience provides a more consistent treatment of design as well as content.
New Default Theme: Twenty Nineteen

Introducing Twenty Nineteen, a new default theme that shows off the power of the new editor.

Designed for the block editor
Simple, type-driven layout
Versatile design for all sites

Classic Editor

Prefer to stick with the familiar Classic Editor? No problem! Support for the Classic Editor plugin will remain in WordPress through 2021.

The Classic Editor plugin restores the previous WordPress editor and the Edit Post screen.

Classic Editor lets you:

Keep using plugins that extend it
Keeps old-style meta boxes
Allows your to continuing using functionality otherwise dependent on the legacy editing experience

https://wordpress.org/support/wordpress-version/version-5-0/
Re: Wordpress 5.0 Is Here by Nuclearact: 1:40am On Dec 07
My first reaction after updating yesterday night was "WTF? Why did they scatter everything like this" But getting use to it now sha.
Re: Wordpress 5.0 Is Here by Freeresearch: 4:39am On Dec 07
Nuclearact:
My first reaction after updating yesterday night was "WTF? Why did they scatter everything like this" But getting use to it now sha.

I just updated too
Re: Wordpress 5.0 Is Here by myseyf(m): 8:58am On Dec 07
Nuclearact:

Have you tested the twenty nineteen theme? If you have, what is your verdict, is it good?
Re: Wordpress 5.0 Is Here by Freeresearch: 4:10pm On Dec 07
This Block Editor is not interesting. Had to do install Classic Editor plugin.

Who understands the block editor?

(1) (Reply)

A New Internet: / The Future Of The Internet / Please I Want Volunteers To Be Made Moderators To Help Me Build My Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.