₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,135,409 members, 4,634,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 01:37 AM

Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August (484 Views)

23,000ft, World's Highest Dinner Party Held On Mountain Everest(Photos) / India Embassy Held My Interntional Passport / I Have Just Been Scammed By Wakanow. UPDATED: Wakanow Refunded My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 10:05am On Dec 07
Please you people should help me beg Wakanow to give me my money they've withheld since August.

I booked a flight with Etihad Airways via Wakanow on August 1 2018 from Lagos to Beijing against 3rd and 4th Spetember 2018.

Plans changed, and I decided to cancel the flights. I visited a Wakanow office at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja and the lady instructed to send a mail to her and all the staff at the office, indicating my flight details, amount paid, and my bank account details for the refund. I did that immediately I got home.

I did not hear from Wakanow after that. The next week I went back, and they confirmed that I will get my refund within 6 to 8 weeks, adding that before then I will get an email stating how much the refund will be.

I canceled the flights weeks before the date. I canceled in August and this is December.

Wakanow has not communicated with me. I have visited Wakanow office 11 times. Whenever I go, they pretend to call their 'refund office' and tell me that they are not picking up. That I should go, I will receive the refund.

I have called their number severally and they said I should email refunds@wakanow.com. I have done that twice. The 2nd time I sent, this was their response. I have replied to them since, and nothing from them again.

I DMed their Twitter handle, and they replied that they have processed the refund and I will get the funds Soon. Note that I didn't supply my account details. I said thank you. The next week, I DMed again that I have not heard from them. They have read the DM since but ignored it.

I went back to Wakanow office and reminded them of my refund. They all assured me that it would come. Judith even gave me her number that I should call her to remind her of it, if I haven't gotten it by the next week.
The next week, I called her. She picked and I told her who I was. She ended the call and has not picked up since then.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by alignacademy(m): 12:07pm On Dec 07
AfricAryan:
Please you people should help me beg Wakanow to give me my money they've withheld since August.

Thanks for sharing your ordeal

Who do you know in your personal network that could know anyone who is even remotely close to a HUMAN at Wakanow? This will help you skip talking to faceless emails.

Another desperate measure would be to broadcast your story on Twitter, not via DM. (Like I said, it's a desperate measure. I wouldn't want you to look childish)

And yes, you could also ask the mods here to move this to the Front Page, for more exposure. Many brands have been known to sit up after seeing their acts exposed on Nairaland.

In all, please be calm and count it as one of those lessons life throws our way once in a while

Let's know how it goes...

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 1:06pm On Dec 07
alignacademy:

Who do you know in your personal network that could know anyone who is even remotely close to a HUMAN at Wakanow? This will help you skip talking to faceless emails.

Another desperate measure would be to broadcast your story on Twitter, not via DM. (Like I said, it's a desperate measure. I wouldn't want you to look childish)

And yes, you could also ask the mods here to move this to the Front Page, for more exposure. Many brands have been known to sit up after seeing their acts exposed on Nairaland.

In all, please be calm and count it as one of those lessons life throws our way once in a while

Thanks a lot man. I don't know why these guys are this wicked. I escalated the matter on Twitter and got people telling me that they are in the same boat.
Wakanow has owed my follower 650k since 2016. Further googling and searching on Nairaland and I have seen Many people that Wakanow has owed.
I have done everything possible to contact these people but they have totally cut me out.
I have no intention of staining their name, I just want my money back for service not rendered.
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 1:09pm On Dec 07
alignacademy:

No one in my personal network, but I've been to their office a good 11 times. This is minus the calls and emails to all their emails.
The last time I went, a lady there, Judith Omiogbemi assured me that I will get my money within a week.
She insisted that if I don't get it by then I should call her. She then gave me her number. I called the next week, she picked up and asked who I was. Immediately I told her who I am, she ended the call and hasn't picked since then.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by 992finland: 4:40pm On Dec 09
THEY ARE THIEVES.MANY COMPLAINED BOUT THEM
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by luckygirl02(f): 4:57pm On Dec 09
This is going to be a bad publicity for the company... I won't even risk booking with them

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Fela4ese: 5:02pm On Dec 09
AfricAryan:

I booked a flight with Etihad Airways via Wakanow on August 1 2018 from Lagos to Beijing against 3rd and 4th Spetember 2018.

Plans changed, and I decided to cancel the flights. I visited a Wakanow office at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja and the lady instructed to send a mail to her and all the staff at the office, indicating my flight details, amount paid, and my bank account details for the refund. I did that immediately I got home.

I did not hear from Wakanow after that. The next week I went back, and they confirmed that I will get my refund within 6 to 8 weeks, adding that before then I will get an email stating how much the refund will be.

I canceled the flights weeks before the date. I canceled in August and this is December.

Wakanow has not communicated with me. I have visited Wakanow office 11 times. Whenever I go, they pretend to call their 'refund office' and tell me that they are not picking up. That I should go, I will receive the refund.

I have called their number severally and they said I should email refunds@wakanow.com. I have done that twice. The 2nd time I sent, this was their response. I have replied to them since, and nothing from them again.

I DMed their Twitter handle, and they replied that they have processed the refund and I will get the funds Soon. Note that I didn't supply my account details. I said thank you. The next week, I DMed again that I have not heard from them. They have read the DM since but ignored it.

I went back to Wakanow office and reminded them of my refund. They all assured me that it would come. Judith even gave me her number that I should call her to remind her of it, if I haven't gotten it by the next week.
The next week, I called her. She picked and I told her who I was. She ended the call and has not picked up since then.
u better b ready to call them out.so long you did a normal business with them.its ur money n by all means look for avenue to call them out n give u ur money ooo

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by jesmond3945: 6:32pm On Dec 09
Nawa for una see wetin convenience don cause abi una no fit pay for flight directly into company account instead of third parties?

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 8:49pm On Dec 09
jesmond3945:
Nawa for una see wetin convenience don cause abi una no fit pay for flight directly into company account instead of third parties?
No blame me now. Wakanow is a cheaper.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Abbeybailey(m): 11:05pm On Dec 09
AfricAryan:

No blame me now. Wakanow is a cheaper.
That's the reason they scam people. They put up a cheaper price to lure the gullibles. Hope you get your dough back if not you can sue them.

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 11:42pm On Dec 09
Abbeybailey:
That's the reason they scam people. They put up a cheaper price to lure the gullibles. Hope you get your dough back if not you can sue them.

I was warned about them but I didn't listen
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Abbeybailey(m): 2:10am On Dec 10
AfricAryan:

I was warned about them but I didn't listen
I sincerely hope that you recover your money back. It's no fun to be scammed. Goodluck
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 6:34am On Dec 10
Abbeybailey:
I sincerely hope that you recover your money back. It's no fun to be scammed. Goodluck
Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 4:26pm On Dec 11

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To China / You Need A Chartered Driver? / Does Mobile Phone Booking Work In Nigeria?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.