Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August (3320 Views)

Wakanow Is A Scam / World’s Rarest Passport That's Held By Only 500 People Is Over 900 Yrs Old (Pix) / Horrible Experience With Wakanow! Avoid!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 10:05am On Dec 07, 2018
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
AfricAryan:
Please you people should help me beg Wakanow to give me my money they've withheld since August.

Thanks for sharing your ordeal

Who do you know in your personal network that could know anyone who is even remotely close to a HUMAN at Wakanow? This will help you skip talking to faceless emails.

Another desperate measure would be to broadcast your story on Twitter, not via DM. (Like I said, it's a desperate measure. I wouldn't want you to look childish)

And yes, you could also ask the mods here to move this to the Front Page, for more exposure. Many brands have been known to sit up after seeing their acts exposed on Nairaland.

In all, please be calm and count it as one of those lessons life throws our way once in a while

Let's know how it goes...

2 Likes

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 1:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
alignacademy:

Who do you know in your personal network that could know anyone who is even remotely close to a HUMAN at Wakanow? This will help you skip talking to faceless emails.

Another desperate measure would be to broadcast your story on Twitter, not via DM. (Like I said, it's a desperate measure. I wouldn't want you to look childish)

And yes, you could also ask the mods here to move this to the Front Page, for more exposure. Many brands have been known to sit up after seeing their acts exposed on Nairaland.

In all, please be calm and count it as one of those lessons life throws our way once in a while

Thanks a lot man. I don't know why these guys are this wicked. I escalated the matter on Twitter and got people telling me that they are in the same boat.
Wakanow has owed my follower 650k since 2016. Further googling and searching on Nairaland and I have seen Many people that Wakanow has owed.
I have done everything possible to contact these people but they have totally cut me out.
I have no intention of staining their name, I just want my money back for service not rendered.
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
alignacademy:

No one in my personal network, but I've been to their office a good 11 times. This is minus the calls and emails to all their emails.
The last time I went, a lady there, Judith Omiogbemi assured me that I will get my money within a week.
She insisted that if I don't get it by then I should call her. She then gave me her number. I called the next week, she picked up and asked who I was. Immediately I told her who I am, she ended the call and hasn't picked since then.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2018
THEY ARE THIEVES.MANY COMPLAINED BOUT THEM
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by luckygirl02(f): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
This is going to be a bad publicity for the company... I won't even risk booking with them

2 Likes

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Fela4ese: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
AfricAryan:
Please you people should help me beg Wakanow to give me my money they've withheld since August.

I booked a flight with Etihad Airways via Wakanow on August 1 2018 from Lagos to Beijing against 3rd and 4th Spetember 2018.

Plans changed, and I decided to cancel the flights. I visited a Wakanow office at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja and the lady instructed to send a mail to her and all the staff at the office, indicating my flight details, amount paid, and my bank account details for the refund. I did that immediately I got home.

I did not hear from Wakanow after that. The next week I went back, and they confirmed that I will get my refund within 6 to 8 weeks, adding that before then I will get an email stating how much the refund will be.

I canceled the flights weeks before the date. I canceled in August and this is December.

Wakanow has not communicated with me. I have visited Wakanow office 11 times. Whenever I go, they pretend to call their 'refund office' and tell me that they are not picking up. That I should go, I will receive the refund.

I have called their number severally and they said I should email refunds@wakanow.com. I have done that twice. The 2nd time I sent, this was their response. I have replied to them since, and nothing from them again.

I DMed their Twitter handle, and they replied that they have processed the refund and I will get the funds Soon. Note that I didn't supply my account details. I said thank you. The next week, I DMed again that I have not heard from them. They have read the DM since but ignored it.

I went back to Wakanow office and reminded them of my refund. They all assured me that it would come. Judith even gave me her number that I should call her to remind her of it, if I haven't gotten it by the next week.
The next week, I called her. She picked and I told her who I was. She ended the call and has not picked up since then.
u better b ready to call them out.so long you did a normal business with them.its ur money n by all means look for avenue to call them out n give u ur money ooo

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by jesmond3945: 6:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nawa for una see wetin convenience don cause abi una no fit pay for flight directly into company account instead of third parties?

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
jesmond3945:
Nawa for una see wetin convenience don cause abi una no fit pay for flight directly into company account instead of third parties?
No blame me now. Wakanow is a cheaper.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Abbeybailey(m): 11:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
AfricAryan:

No blame me now. Wakanow is a cheaper.
That's the reason they scam people. They put up a cheaper price to lure the gullibles. Hope you get your dough back if not you can sue them.

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 11:42pm On Dec 09, 2018
Abbeybailey:
That's the reason they scam people. They put up a cheaper price to lure the gullibles. Hope you get your dough back if not you can sue them.

I was warned about them but I didn't listen
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Abbeybailey(m): 2:10am On Dec 10, 2018
AfricAryan:

I was warned about them but I didn't listen
I sincerely hope that you recover your money back. It's no fun to be scammed. Goodluck
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 6:34am On Dec 10, 2018
Abbeybailey:
I sincerely hope that you recover your money back. It's no fun to be scammed. Goodluck
Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2018
.. Still nothing from them.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by ccollins(m): 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
AfricAryan:

I booked a flight with Etihad Airways via Wakanow on August 1 2018 from Lagos to Beijing against 3rd and 4th Spetember 2018.

Plans changed, and I decided to cancel the flights. I visited a Wakanow office at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja and the lady instructed to send a mail to her and all the staff at the office, indicating my flight details, amount paid, and my bank account details for the refund. I did that immediately I got home.

I did not hear from Wakanow after that. The next week I went back, and they confirmed that I will get my refund within 6 to 8 weeks, adding that before then I will get an email stating how much the refund will be.

I canceled the flights weeks before the date. I canceled in August and this is December.

Wakanow has not communicated with me. I have visited Wakanow office 11 times. Whenever I go, they pretend to call their 'refund office' and tell me that they are not picking up. That I should go, I will receive the refund.

I have called their number severally and they said I should email refunds@wakanow.com. I have done that twice. The 2nd time I sent, this was their response. I have replied to them since, and nothing from them again.

I DMed their Twitter handle, and they replied that they have processed the refund and I will get the funds Soon. Note that I didn't supply my account details. I said thank you. The next week, I DMed again that I have not heard from them. They have read the DM since but ignored it.

I went back to Wakanow office and reminded them of my refund. They all assured me that it would come. Judith even gave me her number that I should call her to remind her of it, if I haven't gotten it by the next week.
The next week, I called her. She picked and I told her who I was. She ended the call and has not picked up since then.
take up an action in court against them after u write a letter of demand to their head or branch office where the contention arose
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 7:06pm On Dec 16, 2018
ccollins:
take up an action in court against them after u write a letter of demand to their head or branch office where the contention arose
Where is the money?
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by SamReinvented: 2:50am On Dec 17, 2018
First of all, I hope it was clearly stated while booking that the class of ticket you booked for is even refundable at all?

Moving on....Everyone should note! ALWAYS BOOK DIRECTLY FROM THE AIRLINE! I only use the likes of wakanow to compare prices, then head over to the cheapest (but also reputable) airline's website to book. An airline's website will always show the most accurate information about their own services. Furthermore, no third party website would book you cheaper than the actual airline. If you see a ridiculously cheap price compared to what the airline offers on their website, RUN! It's a scam. I've heard several experiences of people getting turned back at the airport simply because Wakanow didn't confirm their tickets.

Guys, just run from third party agencies! Whether it is websites (wakanow) or even physical travel agencies. Book your tickets yourself online! Life is easier these days....DIY is the best way.

NB: For airlines (like Ethiopian) that do not allow Nigerians to book online, head over to their offices and book. But no be only dem dey sef....if the wahala too much, jump and pass. Just always avoid stories that touch. In this Nigeria, just avoid it.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 5:23am On Dec 17, 2018
SamReinvented:
First of all, I hope it was clearly stated while booking that the class of ticket you booked for is even refundable at all?

Moving on....Everyone should note! ALWAYS BOOK DIRECTLY FROM THE AIRLINE! I only use the likes of wakanow to compare prices, then head over to the cheapest (but also reputable) airline's website to book. An airline's website will always show the most accurate information about their own services. Furthermore, no third party website would book you cheaper than the actual airline. If you see a ridiculously cheap price compared to what the airline offers on their website, RUN! It's a scam. I've heard several experiences of people getting turned back at the airport simply because Wakanow didn't confirm their tickets.

Guys, just run from third party agencies! Whether it is websites (wakanow) or even physical travel agencies. Book your tickets yourself online! Life is easier these days....DIY is the best way.

NB: For airlines (like Ethiopian) that do not allow Nigerians to book online, head over to their offices and book. But no be only dem dey sef....if the wahala too much, jump and pass. Just always avoid stories that touch. In this Nigeria, just avoid it.
Ok
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by SamReinvented: 3:53am On Dec 18, 2018
AfricAryan:

Ok

I hope you get your money back. Twitter is an effective means. Drag wakanow as much as you can with tweets and tag popular bloggers. I also hope this thread can be moved to the front page to create better exposure to this scam and perhaps let other victims come forward.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 6:59am On Dec 18, 2018
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by ccollins(m): 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2018
AfricAryan:

Where is the money?
the op said they held his money
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2018
ccollins:
the op said they held his money
I'm the op. I meant where is the money to go to court? Mine is like 200k. Today, I met someone they've been owing 700k+ since last year. Case is in court now. Wakanow DOES Not refund.
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by ccollins(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2018
AfricAryan:

I'm the op. I meant where is the money to go to court? Mine is like 200k. Today, I met someone they've been owing 700k+ since last year. Case is in court now. Wakanow DOES Not refund.
not good for wakanow reputation, this actions in court help a lot as they do erode the confidence the public have in some of this organizations. by the way,pass me your contact or mail so we discuss this legal issue privately
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Badilstical(m): 1:25am On Dec 23, 2018
AfricAryan:

I changed my plans and decided to cancel the flights, so I went to Wakanow office at Transcorp and canceled. On canceling, they checked my ticket and confirmed that the payment is refundable, and that I'll get the refund within 6 to 8 weeks of cancelling.

That day, their staff instructed me to send a mail to her and all the staff at the office, indicating my flight details, amount paid, and my bank account details for the refund. I did that immediately I got home.

I did not hear from Wakanow after that. The next week I went back, and they re-confirmed that I will get my refund within 6 to 8 weeks, adding that before then I will get an email stating how much the refund will be.

Wakanow has not communicated with me. I have visited Wakanow office 11 times. Whenever I go, they pretend to call their 'refund office' and tell me that they are not picking up, assuring me to go and wait for the refund.

I have called their number severally and they said I should email refunds@wakanow.com. I have done that 5 times, and nothing from them.

I sent a message to their Twitter handles, and they replied that they have processed the refund and I will get the funds Soon. I have messaged them many times after this, but they read and ignore my messages.

I went back to Wakanow office and reminded them of my refund. They all assured me that it would come.

A staff there, Judith even gave me her number, saying that I should call her to remind her of it, if I don't gotten it by the next week.

The next week, I called her. She picked and I told her who I was. She ended the call and stopped picking up.

I gave it a break and called her after a few days, and she sounded angry and told me that if I want me funds, I should go to their office in Lagos and demand for it.

Their customer care number no longer works. I have emailed refunds@wakanow.com severally, but they don't respond. I have attached screenshots of all these to this email.

I am a fresh graduate and I'm not working. I really need my money back. Its been about 6 months now. I posted my ordeal online, and other people have told me how the same Wakanow has held their funds for months or even years. I cannot afford to sue them or anything like that.
Wakanow has bad policy on refund mine was sent to another account since 2016 I just forfieted it and moved on.
I wonder why no other competitors are seeing this to challenged them on this travel business
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 5:41am On Dec 23, 2018
Badilstical:

Wakanow has bad policy on refund mine was sent to another account since 2016 I just forfieted it and moved on.
I wonder why no other competitors are seeing this to challenged them on this travel business
Since I started chasing this, I've encountered lots of people with same issue. Just this last Saturday, I met someone.. He paid hotel reservation with Wakanow. On getting to the country, he was told that they haven't received any reservation. He was stranded and had to pay again. This was in 2017. Till today, he hasn't got his refund
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by AfricAryan: 5:42am On Dec 23, 2018
ccollins:
not good for wakanow reputation, this actions in court help a lot as they do erode the confidence the public have in some of this organizations. by the way,pass me your contact or mail so we discuss this legal issue privately
Thanks. The money is about 200k. I don't think I can afford the court route now. I've sent a complaint to CPC

1 Like

Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by ccollins(m): 9:02am On Dec 23, 2018
AfricAryan:

Thanks. The money is about 200k. I don't think I can afford the court route now. I've sent a complaint to CPC
I will help u on a discount and good faith. I work in Lagos,where are u. text me on 090((960)))90((732))
Re: Wakanow Has Intentionally Held My Money Since August by Electroweb(m): 4:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
I used to be a proponent of Wakanow but with these accusations I have to retrace my steps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scarcity Of Passport Booklets Resurfaces / Should Obese Passengers Be Charged For Extra Seat? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.