Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,397 members, 7,800,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

How To Switch Writing Genres Successfully! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Switch Writing Genres Successfully! (201 Views)

I Want To Switch To Nursing, Help! / How To Switch To A Career In Data Analysis / I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Switch Writing Genres Successfully! by IssacharProject: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
How To Switch Writing Genres Successfully!

Writers often lock into one genre, whether by choice, at the urging of their mentors, or simply by accident. But what if you’ve had success as a poet, but you long to give prose a try? Or maybe you’re a suspense writer who is itching to try your hand at a Western. If lately you’ve felt your writing is a bit stale, switching genres can be a great way to successfully refresh your writing career—and maybe even gain some new fans—but only if it’s done correctly!

How To Try A New Genre Without Damaging Your Writing Career
1. Read, read, and read some more! Reading like a writer is especially important when you’re preparing for a genre switch. Read a wide range of selections in your prospective new genre: established classics, offbeat contemporaries, recommendations from your friends, etc. If you’re thinking about giving poetry, short stories, or personal essays a try, browse through a selection of literary journals for pointers on what editors are currently publishing.

Read more at; https://www.issacharprojects.com/how-to-switch-writing-genres-successfully/

(1) (Reply)

Cleaner Sparkling Tears - Pickering, ON / "Most People" Motivational Article/video For The Minority / 5000 Naira Ready Made Website For Your Business Or Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.