Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill (45272 Views)

Electoral Bill: Gbajabiamila Reads Buhari’s Letter / Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter / ‘Transmission’ In Buhari’s Letter Evokes Laughter Among Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by farem: 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2018
Following the events as they unfold
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by 2black1(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2018
But the one being ammended was passed just before the present elections,not so?
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by googlepikins: 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2018
This stupid old fool want to rig himself back in by force. But God won't let him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by thaoriginator: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
grin
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by king1234: 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
i think its a fair request to make....have the new law start after elections is complete..for the record i don't support him to return as president

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by badmrkt(m): 6:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
What a lame reason to reject the bill.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by wakaman: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
Karatum:
Dullard

If they leave me and this man in a room, I will rape sense into him

Watch your mouth sow!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by thaoriginator: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
Karatum:
Dullard

foool

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by kings09(m): 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
Denikayan:

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

For overseeing the numerous killings under his govt. From fulani herdsmen to boko haram yet he has done nothing. So God bless for what exactly?
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by youngmonie: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
Best believe the president would have had councel frm the likes of the attorney general, the vp and other constitutional lawyers before rejecting this.

Already reading some useless comments from people who do not even know shit nor understand the contents of the letter.

EDUCATE YOURSELF PEOPLE. STOP COMMENTING WITH YOUR EMOTIONS!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by otukpo(f): 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
We don enter

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Racoon(m): 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
Why allowing the process to be initiated, then undergo 4 amendments only for the president to finally decline consent citing God knows what what reasons. undecided

The electoral law is what will give a legal backing to the 2019 elections via:
-Only use of card reader.
-No use of incidence form.
-Electronic transmission of results.
-Modalities for post-election litigations.
giving the changes in the political dynamics @ present that have equally reflected in the staggering INEC budget.

This should been a litmus test again for him but he goffed it.So the Buhari government ain't gonna conduct any free, fair credible or transparent election next yet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Buterflyle0: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
God bless Mr President.

Very good observations made and corrections needed.

I stand with Bubu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by drlateef: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
Obviously, those who work with Buhari are far more intelligent and experienced than national assembly law drafters. I am not surprised. Anywhere that has no leadership with integrity will lack objectivity and efficiency. Square pegs must be placed in square holes.

11 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by thaoriginator: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
Some people are just here to comment nonsense, they can't read and digest shitttttt. Pussies!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by epadomo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
Well said the slayer of both Papa deceive pikin and ipob

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
martineverest:
I thought they said he is jubrin,how come they are accepting rejection letter from an imposter?....
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Brunosamel(m): 6:17pm On Dec 07, 2018
NASS is not even serious on this Bill because they would veto his power sign the bill into law and prepare impeachment proceedings... Nigeria rule of law is a total fiasco.......

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Ategberoson(m): 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2018
Karatum:
Dullard

typical Igbo girl

aside from s*x what else do u know?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by thatigboman: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2018
Awol1:
Is it too late to override him?
they wount get d number. After 30 days. And requires 2/3rd votes from members in each house
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2018
It's obvious most Nigerians don't read, yet they clamour for issue based campaign, when issue based campaign start most Nigerian youths has nothing to contribute.

The president has raised some cogent point about implementation of the new law before 2019 and the confusion it may create but rather than Nigerian to engage him on the issue they resort to pettiness and name calling.

We truly deserves the leaders we get.

Nobody is even asking what are those laws and how it may affect or not affect next election

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 07, 2018
grin
God bless my President

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by jomoh: 6:20pm On Dec 07, 2018
arantess:
I want to believe the National assembly can override the president on this issue? Thoughts??

UnFortunately PDP is in the minority.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Isobug: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2018
The Two powerful men have spoken

Daura straight
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by thatigboman: 6:21pm On Dec 07, 2018
Ategberoson:

typical Igbo girl

aside from s*x what else do u know?
typical yoruba muslim. Apart from skull mining, kidnapping, raping, armed robbery and yahoo yahoo, what else are u good at?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by asiga(m): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2018
Thank you President Mbuhari for declining assent to that bill.

It is barely a month to a general election and there will definitely be conflicting application as to which electoral laws should govern the 2019 election.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by martineverest(m): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2018
Sirheny007:

Because, it seems from the letter, that Jubrin Al Sudani is more intelligent than Buhari.
Check paragraph II
Ur stewpidity is legendary....u are one of the reasons why it's difficult to separate literate Nigerians from illiterates

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by BabaAduras: 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
netsurfer01:
Cluless President angry

You don't know anything about cluelessness. If you do, you would have understood that PMB is not a president that will be bamboozle into signing what is not right like your drunkard, clueless GEJ.

Saraki and PDP can make all the noise they want, if the bill is not right, PMB will not sign. That is what is called "making an informed decision", not cluelessness.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by omoiyalayi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
It has now become back & forth debate

This is why it is difficult to move this country forward

If this bill is one of the bill that will affect ordinary nigeria lives positively this is how they will be pushing it around

Did the national assembly just realize how important this bill is to electoral process?

Why delay till this year before coming up with electoral amendment bill since after 2015 general election ?

Even the executive is not left out of this blame why did they not start the process earlier enough with the majority apc lawmaker at that time

Our government are not proactive at all they will wait till last minute to start making arrangement for things that will better people lives, so when they fail they will start making excuses that there was no time to implement it

#pity

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Sirheny007(m): 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
martineverest:
Ur stewpidity is legendary....u are one of the reasons why it's difficult to separate literate Nigerians from illiterates

I have not the slightest desire to indulge you.
run along now.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by zlantanfan: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
I only came to check the letter signature, I do hope the idiots buying the iPod propaganda for pdp campagin can see same Buhari signature

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uzodimma Clashes With Enugu Government House Security / T.A Orji Handing Over Key Of A Sienna To Ikpeazu (Throwback Photo) / Ifeanyi Ubah Hosts Obiano Victory Party At His House In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.