Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,039 members, 7,807,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App (8659 Views)

6 Things To Consider Before Developing A Messaging App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 08, 2018
manuell1021:
The development enviroment(Android studio, visual studio etc)
Any of the language you want to use, for back-end (c, c#, kotlin etc)
Front end (Javascript or any of its framework, vue, react, angular, node. Js etc)
You can also use firebase which is much better.
I bet on my hairy balls that you can't code a print hello world program. What kind of nonsense is this, that you wrote here

4 Likes

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by ypeace: 9:54am On Dec 08, 2018
I am a software developer and I have a toy chat app under development @ https://chattie.now.sh . It was built with golang, react and GraphQL.

JavaScript will give you all the tools you need to build a chat app. Express js for your backend, react or react native for the front end and websocket to communicate between both ends. You can follow a tutorial here ==> https://itnext.io/building-a-node-js-websocket-chat-app-with-socket-io-and-react-473a0686d1e1

I am interested in seeing your product if you eventually build it.

1 Like

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 08, 2018
Decypher:
I bet on my hairy balls that you can't code a print hello world program. What kind of nonsense is this, that you wrote here
Point the nonsense out. Please.
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by akinszz: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2018
Java script no be moimoi grin
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by bedfordng(m): 11:04am On Dec 08, 2018
programming skill especially for the kind of platform you wish to build on. I have lots of full video tutorial courses on app development for both computer and android phone. this are professional courses from different authors. if you need it in bundle. get in touch via contact on my signature
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Homguy(m): 11:13am On Dec 08, 2018
mahxiimus:

Good morning, please can you give me details about the online training?
Go to google, search you will get a lot of online training. Don't wait to be spoon fed
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by nograv: 11:31am On Dec 08, 2018
Nigerians and pretending to know something they know little about... angry

Firstly development is split into two because Iphones use IOS and Android phones run on of course Android.

Apple phones require you to learn how to program using Objective C and develop using their Xcode IDE environment for their operating system. You will need to sign up to become an apple member online.

Android phones use a variant of Java developed by Google. Learning how to build Android applications does take time (a few years in truth and you must be dedicated). You will again need to learn the language and you will also need an application like android studio to develop your code in.

There is a shortcut but you will still need to know how to program and that is to use a tool like React Native developed by Facebook. It allows you to use Javascript to develop your app. Then it automatically creates the code to run on both Iphones and Android phones..

Tutorials for the above are available online and youtube is a great resource for learning.

Remember becoming a great developer isnt something that happens overnight, it takes years of practice and mixing with other developers.

Good luck..

4 Likes

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 08, 2018
The development enviroment(Android studio, visual studio etc)
Any of the language you want to use, for back-end (c, c#, kotlin etc)
Front end (Javascript or any of its framework, vue, react, angular, node. Js etc)
You can also use firebase which is much better.

What is this one saying?
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Delivar(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2018
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by churchee: 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
Mrblaster:
Udemy.com have a lot of programming trainings that will be helpful. Get the app on playstore and start learning today

Bros, I downloaded Udemy sometime ago, just recently I decided to pick a course to learn then they said I should pay with my card, I stopped there because I have never made an international online transaction.

Do you think there is another I can pay to them and is it safe for me to give them my digits? It's like you're experienced with this.
Thank you.
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by introvertme: 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2018
churchee:

Bros, I downloaded Udemy sometime ago, just recently I decided to pick a course to learn then they said I should pay with my card, I stopped there because I have never made an international online transaction.

Do you think there is another I can pay to them and is it safe for me to give them my digits? It's like you're experienced with this.
Thank you.

Its safe, I've bought some courses.
Ensure you use a good password and disabled the credit card, option (if I'm not mistaken) when you're done.

Or

Search and Download tutorials from forum dot snahp dot it
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
churchee:

Thank you.
Don't bother yourself. We have many coupons online you can use to get paid courses on Udemy for free. Search on Google and you will be fine.
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by ponti93(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2018
nograv:
Nigerians and pretending to know something they know little about... angry

Firstly development is split into two because Iphones use IOS and Android phones run on of course Android.

Apple phones require you to learn how to program using Objective C and develop using their Xcode IDE environment for their operating system. You will need to sign up to become an apple member online.

Android phones use a variant of Java developed by Google. Learning how to build Android applications does take time (a few years in truth and you must be dedicated). You will again need to learn the language and you will also need an application like android studio to develop your code in.

There is a shortcut but you will still need to know how to program and that is to use a tool like React Native developed by Facebook. It allows you to use Javascript to develop your app. Then it automatically creates the code to run on both Iphones and Android phones..

Tutorials for the above are available online and youtube is a great resource for learning.

Remember becoming a great developer isnt something that happens overnight, it takes years of practice and mixing with other developers.

Good luck..
he can also use Google's new program, flutter... Its like Googles version of react native but easier, faster and lighter

1 Like

Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2018
Mafizo:

Even himself no understand wetin he dey write o
All na effigy
No difference between them and our engineers.na only theory dem sabi
Naso one for nairaland wey dey post "contact me for ur apps and website" up and down..I come think say he sabi die..i give am work to do hotel website and app, naso he begin flop anyhow..Once them just sabi use WordPress, they go dey call themselves web programmer bla bla

grin grin grin
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by nograv: 7:42am On Dec 09, 2018
ponti93:
he can also use Google's new program, flutter... Its like Googles version of react native but easier, faster and lighter

Nice, I havent used Flutter, but its' certainly worth a look...
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by ogbenimickey: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
freecodecamp.com

Than me leta
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by mahxiimus(m): 7:59am On Dec 10, 2018
helinues:

Are you on ICQ?

Yeah. What’s your number
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by makavele: 11:08am On Dec 10, 2018
churchee:

Thank you.

You sure can but after a payment, you should disable "Auto-Renew" or even delete your card
else you might wake up one morning and see that you've been charge $99 or so for a course or something renewed itself.
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Regiinald: 11:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
Loved this thread Techmanga
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by chukstem: 10:35am On Dec 12, 2018
I have developed an Android messenger called PreemChat. You can search it on Play store, although have abandoned it sha.
You can pm me on whatsapp to put you through on how to get started and maybe give u the source to improve on it.
Re: What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 13, 2019
chukstem:
I have developed an Android messenger called PreemChat. You can search it on Play store, although have abandoned it sha.
You can pm me on whatsapp to put you through on how to get started and maybe give u the source to improve on it.

I couldn't fine the app on playstore

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Developers Do Without The Use Of Google Or Stackoverflow? / Which Programming Language Holds Brighter Prospects In Nigeria / Any Female Programmers In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.