Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Why PDP Cannot Govern Again – Ekere - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Cannot Govern Again – Ekere (344 Views)

2023: Why PDP Cannot Afford To Cede Its Presidential Ticket To Any Region / PDP Cannot Dictate To Us How To Conduct Elections, INEC Speaks On Amina Zakari / Ekiti 2018: Why PDP Cannot Be Defeated — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why PDP Cannot Govern Again – Ekere by 9Ebiscoo: 7:05am On Dec 08, 2018
Governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Akwa Ibom State, Obong Nsima Ekere, has given reasons why the current administration should not be allowed to govern the state, saying the undoing of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state is poor performance.

According to the APC candidate, who is also the managing director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), the last time PDP performed in that state in terms of development was 2014 even as he dismissed the claim of the current administration that security in the state is 100 per cent.

Speaking to journalists in Abuja, Obong Ekere alleged that indigenes of three local governments in Akwa Ibom are under siege because of kidnappers and other criminal activities.

He also spoke on reconciliation in the state, as he said, “Akwa Ibom All Progressives Congress (APC) is one as we speak. We are a one-united family and we are ready for the general election, fully reconciled. All the four governorship aspirants who contested the primary are all united behind me. In the last two weeks, all other aspirants that did not make it have individually organised rallies in their various constituencies to endorse my candidature.”

On why PDP will lose the election, he said, “We were all PDP members. The governor then, Godswill Akpabio, was PDP, the deputy governor and SSG were all PDP and all of them are in the APC today. All the political actors then who made the PDP have all left and 90 per cent are now in the APC. These were the people that usually made things happen.

“So, do I need to tell you that there is no way PDP can win in Akwa Ibom? They don’t even have the men and resources. The only thing they have is the money that the governor is throwing around. That is why you are having defection on a daily basis in the state to join the APC. Even government officials are resigning from the government and from the party to join us in the APC. Do I still need to tell you that we will win?

“Let me add that the number one responsibility of government is security of lives. Akwa is usually a very peaceful state but l can tell you that today, in three local government areas in the state, the people are not able to sleep at night. They have been overtaken by cultists and there is a lot of insecurity and yet, the governor is scoring himself 100 per cent in security. So, you can see that the people of the state have totally lost confidence on PDP government. Even the basic assets this government inherited, they are not able to maintain them.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/08/why-pdp-cannot-govern-again-ekere/

(1) (Reply)

Police Granted Us Permit To Protest Against Atiku At US Embassy - Group / How Democracy Can Thrive –akeredolu / 2019 Budget: Senator Ndume Addresses Lawmakers Threatening Boycott Of Buhari’s P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.