Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them (38968 Views)

How Traders Can Profit From The Use Of Weekly Bank Nifty Options? / CBN To Reduce The Volume Of N500, N1000 In Circulation - Nairametrics / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Cumtroller: 10:59am On Dec 08, 2018
We know the fraudulent traders are from the south-waste. Afonja’s and criminality are 5 and 6.

They are good at everything bad!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Bacteriologist(m): 10:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Religious countries are more corrupt when compared to secular ones. Why?

Your guess is as good as mine.

2 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by dreamwords: 10:59am On Dec 08, 2018
Atiku will stop all these
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2018
Olalan:
So much fraud in Nigeria and to think religious place of worship are everywhere.
BTW corruption isn't just a govt issue it's a society problem

My dear religious is just a guild so u don't fight d govt
Remember fella song
U suffer for earth u go enjoy for heaven......

Be ur our religion and ur mind will b free

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Isangad1(m): 11:00am On Dec 08, 2018
naija people don they cheat each other since 1881 now what's new

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by crossfm: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2018
Our case is really different.this peaple will still be calling other peaple currupt.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by bluefilm: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2018
dominique:
This has been going on for years, they even add shafts and stones to bag of beans add to its weight. Nigerians find it convenient to blame the government for every little thing but most of them are not honest.

You're right.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2018
grin
Winner of Social Media Commentator of the Year is

Woli Kekere

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by oginga: 11:04am On Dec 08, 2018
Most Nigerians are cheats by nature. Cheating in business, academic, relationships and many more.

2 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by davillian(m): 11:04am On Dec 08, 2018
We know full bag of rice once we see it and lift it up.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by DEHVEHLOP(m): 11:06am On Dec 08, 2018
Every crime news is always all about our blodas, sons and sisters from the eastern part of the country...

We dey wait for you at the Village. Shebi you go come for Xmas

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by semyman: 11:07am On Dec 08, 2018
Corruption speaks one language, no color, no race, no dialect but corruption

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Rextizzle(m): 11:09am On Dec 08, 2018
No be today, foolish people, shithole country.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by scopusng(m): 11:10am On Dec 08, 2018
If Tinubu were politically sophisticated, he would have known that Buhari’s political fate has since been decided by the country’s most powerful army generals — Olusegun Obasanjo, Ibrahim Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar, TY Danjuma, and Aliyu Gusau. Had Tinubu been sincere to himself, he would have known that it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than Buhari to win the 2019 presidential election, especially given how world powers such the US, the UK, EU, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc., have all agreed that Buhari must go so that peace, unity and economic prosperity could return to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by semyman: 11:11am On Dec 08, 2018
Three years ago Buhari didn't use 25 years old pension to campaign but today he is paying them in folds...

Three years ago Buhari didn't use railway construction to campaign but today he is constructing them

Three years ago Buhari didn't use Building of affordable houses for citizens to campaign but today he is building them houses

Three years ago Buhari didn't use bailing out states to campaign but today he is bailing states out

Three years ago Buhari didn't tell us he will work on Mambilla Power Plant but today he is working on it

Three years ago Buhari didn't use Niger Bridge to Campaign But today he is constructing it

Three years ago Buhari didn't tell us he won't interfere with the affairs of the senate and judiciary but today their affairs is none of his business

Three years ago Buhari didn't use rice revolution to campaign but today he has made us to believe in our 'Oh God Rice'

Three years ago Buhari didn't use devolution of power to his vice to campaign but today he has shown the world how useful a vice could be

Three years ago Buhari didn't use the implementation of TSA to campaign but today he has implemented it

Three years ago Buhari didn't use Yuan swap deal to campaign but today he has eased the stress of Nigerians doing business in china

Three years ago Buhari didn't campaign that he will chase 50 000 ghost workers away but today he is saving billions of naira for chasing ghost workers outta system

Three years ago Buhari didn't campaign with Npower, TraderMoni, Primary school feeding, Loan without interest, conditional cash transfer and so but today he is so magnanimous to the masses
Ex Nitel workers, Ex Biafran soldiers, Nigeria Airways all been paid.

Three years ago Buhari didn't campaign to solve Fulani herdsmen / farmer clashes but today, he solve as it occurred.

You see failure of his promises in three years but I see successes in his three years in office. Buhari is the best President Nigeria has ever seen... Ever!!! We need continuity. Buhari Osinbajo 2019. Please Share these facts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Buffalowings3(m): 11:13am On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:
Every Sunday when I go to church, i see other Christians strutting to theirs and i hear praise, worship and preaching over loudspeakers, I wonder exactly what Nigerian Christians are going to church to learn. Even Muslims have started holding crusades, vigils and proselytising in buses and on the streets.

We are becoming more and more religious but it is not reflecting in our lifestyles. We have no conscience, zero morals, we are ready to sell our brethren, cheat, steal from and kill the next person, yet on Fridays and Sundays we rush to religious houses to pray to 'God'.

There's something terribly wrong somewhere. Terribly, terribly wrong.
shocked shocked
Bia meet me in romance section.
You're making too much sense here.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by spiritedtete: 11:13am On Dec 08, 2018
Why is anyone not blaming Buhari nah
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by simple250: 11:14am On Dec 08, 2018
Repackaging of rice has been happening for decade. Some sellers will remove Un branded rice from its bag and put it inside branded sack of Mama Gold rice. Na today kiss

If you think you are eating Mama Gold rice or Cap Rice forget na packaging oooo grin

4 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 08, 2018
dainformant:
While most Nigerians are blaming the government for the problems in the country, a man has decided to expose the theft/scam being carried out by some traders in order to make quick money.

In a trending video posted online (watch below), some women were caught removing about eight Derica cups from each bag of rice after which they will use a new bag to repackage it and make it look 50kg bag of rice.

This is what they do to make extra cash as the bags of rice are later sold to unsuspecting customers who have no idea how they've been scammed.

Nigerians while reacting to the video, urged the government and appropriate authorities to look into the issue carried out by the corrupt traders.

Watch the video below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/man-exposes-what-traders-do-to-bags-of-rice-before-selling-them-photos.html

This practice has been for decades. It is done everywhere in Nigeria. Once rice enters market, they have special filtering device which they use to suck rice out of the bag.

Companies buying rice for Xmas gifts to staff should buy directly from companies such as Olam, Churchgate, Stallion and others. Most of the time, the rice are more than 50KG when they arrived in Nigeria due to manufacturer's effort or as a result of moisture absorbed after packaging & in transit.

The traders have weighing machine which they use to reduce the rice to 50KG and even below

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Abudu2000(m): 11:16am On Dec 08, 2018
tell how this isn't fraudulent in nature? they have convinced themselves that it's legitimately right to reduce every quantity. that's how the woman I'm buying from was reducing quantity at the same time increasing price. well since she hasn't seen me in 2months now I hope she's living happily ever after

4 Likes

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by SURElee(f): 11:17am On Dec 08, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
. "..some women were caught removing about eight Derica cups from each bag of rice after which they will use a new bag to repackage it and make it look 50kg bag of rice."

No be new thing nah. E don tay.

Dem dey repackage mostly everything wey we dey buy. Beans, rice, sugar, salt, groundnut, chicken wey dey carton, gizzard ooo . E plenty.

Na person wey no dey enter market no go know.

Everybody Na criminal.

So true. They remove from carton of chicken. Na God go save us Nigerians in the hands of these people

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by kunleweb: 11:17am On Dec 08, 2018
Nigerians and get rich quick mentality
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by dominique(f): 11:20am On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:
Every Sunday when I go to church, i see other Christians strutting to theirs and i hear praise, worship and preaching over loudspeakers, I wonder exactly what Nigerian Christians are going to church to learn. Even Muslims have started holding crusades, vigils and proselytising in buses and on the streets.

We are becoming more and more religious but it is not reflecting in our lifestyles. We have no conscience, zero morals, we are ready to sell our brethren, cheat, steal from and kill the next person, yet on Fridays and Sundays we rush to religious houses to pray to 'God'.

I couldn't agree more
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 08, 2018
Ishilove:

Seriously! This nation is just something else

1 Like

Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Eserise1(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2018
This has been happening, not today, it take the grace of God to get sincer people this days in Nigeria
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by stainlink(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2018
Rotentina:
............and many nairalanders will come online shouting Buhari this...............Buhari that!
Since there are laws, there should also punishment to defaulters.

These punishment should be administered equally no matter ones class in the society, poor or rich, connected or not connected.

The law should not be merciful to those who treat others without mercy.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by kingsmaila(m): 11:22am On Dec 08, 2018
Rotentina:
............and many nairalanders will come online shouting Buhari this...............Buhari that!
Change begins with
you and I. What has Buhari got to do with this?
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by Baroba(m): 11:24am On Dec 08, 2018
The fantastically corrupt phrase comes to mind..
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by olawale780: 11:26am On Dec 08, 2018
dainformant:
While most Nigerians are blaming the government for the problems in the country, a man has decided to expose the theft/scam being carried out by some traders in order to make quick money.

In a trending video posted online (watch below), some women were caught removing about eight Derica cups from each bag of rice after which they will use a new bag to repackage it and make it look 50kg bag of rice.

This is what they do to make extra cash as the bags of rice are later sold to unsuspecting customers who have no idea how they've been scammed.

Nigerians while reacting to the video, urged the government and appropriate authorities to look into the issue carried out by the corrupt traders.

Watch the video below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/man-exposes-what-traders-do-to-bags-of-rice-before-selling-them-photos.html

i dnt support this act but do u think If the system is working, will people still have the attitudes of maximising profit at all cost? (Scam others), dnt be quick to judging others. Do u know maybe they sort some people before getting the product they are selling. Shit dey happen for this country if u dnt know. U always need to bribe ur way out in this country. People doing business will understand beta.
Re: Man Exposes How Traders Reduce The Content Of Bags Of Rice Before Selling Them by jeremy042(m): 11:31am On Dec 08, 2018
Rotentina:
............and many nairalanders will come online shouting Buhari this...Buhari that!
Even you too,u will do worse if u a trader.yours won't even get2 half of d 50kg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Arthur Eze Dances "Gbe Body" At An Event / When Did You Make Your First Million Naira ? / Ofala 2016: Ifeanyi Ubah Arrives Igwe Of Nnewi's Palace In Rolls Royce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.