Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,954 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:21 AM

How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? (20669 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Nairalane: 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
Just encourage them, the next Anthony Joshua might come from your family
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by chinex104(m): 9:06pm On Dec 08, 2018
Abeg, kids will never learn.
make una just leave them ooo, they will sort it out by demselves
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by chinex104(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2018
[quote author=chinex104 post=73671882]Abeg, kids will never learn.
make una just leave them ooo, they will sort it out b
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by kingsmaila(m): 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2018
OperaMini1:
Good day people.

IMy kids aged 8.5, and 6 years respectively, fight each other at the least provocation. They fight over who lies down where, who sits where in the car, who uses the toothpaste first, etc.

I came home yesterday and the elder (girl) had a bodily harm inflicted on her by the brother, and which is the second time she's getting a mark from him. As I write this now, they've been both Igrounded, since that yesterday, no watching of TV, no computer games, just sleep and wake up, eat and sleep again.

I'm not sure how long we'd do this, that's why I'm seeking suggestions on how to stop the fighting madness entirely, thanks.
Try advise them and promise them chocolate if they stop fighting. It's common among children. My kids do the same but the chocolate approach is working to a large extend.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by dochenaj: 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2018
Oluhills007:
Well... You have to set rules of seniority...who gets somethings first I.e. the firstborn should use the toothpaste first like the scenario you painted above.. Teach the younger ones to respect the elder ones....Do not hesitate to use a little spanking for Whoever is wrong whenever they fight..

.also when they are arguing, if you have the time.. Listen to both sides and pass an impartial judgment.. It makes kids know their place..... But have it at the back of your mind that they will outgrow the behavior .....however try and manage them for now

For those saying use koboko... They probably don't have kids.... How many times will you beat the children.. Because children are always fighting amongst themselves.. Their own Fighting has to do with their level of maturity in letting some things go... Thus they will always fight... You just have to first establish that rule of seniority for peace to reign now
Parental fear and reverence has vanished from this generation of children. Who are you to fight and quarrel with my father or mother in the house talk less of in their presence.

The reason why discipline with the rod is important for the child is to instill fear, and it is that fear that will protect them till reason will take over as the grow up.

I'll note that you made valid points on the seniority and respect. You can't fight your elder sister that you call "aunty" or "sister". While that might sound archaic for some people, that is the model that works for me.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by pxjosh(m): 9:39pm On Dec 08, 2018
Samirana360:
hand them over to fSARS
grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Casemiro(m): 10:02pm On Dec 08, 2018
> it is well

far
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Abcruz(m): 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
OperaMini1:
Good day people.

IMy kids aged 8.5, and 6 years respectively, fight each other at the least provocation. They fight over who lies down where, who sits where in the car, who uses the toothpaste first, etc.

I came home yesterday and the elder (girl) had a bodily harm inflicted on her by the brother, and which is the second time she's getting a mark from him. As I write this now, they've been both grounded, since that yesterday, no watching of TV, no computer games, just sleep and wake up, eat and sleep again.

I'm not sure how long we'd do this, that's why I'm seeking suggestions on how to stop the fighting madness entirely, thanks.

Hear the word of the sovereign Lord:

Children just naturally do silly, careless things, but a good spanking will teach them how to behave.--proverbs 22:15

Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.--proverbs 13:24

He that reproves a child concerning the beginning of his way, even if he becomes old he will not turn away from it.--proverbs 22:6

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by NoToPile: 5:29am On Dec 09, 2018
kernel001:

We're four men from my parents, no girl. But we've never fought each other for once. It starts with you, your handling of your kids. The younger one, can't talk back to the elderly, rather the issue should be reported to you, and you most be seen to be fair to both parties.

The day my last brother, got provoked by the third, the last one being tall and big, angrily wanted to fight the third, and my Mum got the call, on getting back, she started flogging the last one, for attempt to fight his big brother, instead of reporting him. They were both in the university as at that point

My Mum has never talk back to my Mum, and hardly, will my Dad shout on her. I've seen my Dad quarrel with mine Mum twice in 35 years. They don't have friends outside themselves.

grin grin grin

I gbadun that woman jare

If its nowadays university students/children they would have opened a nairaland thread about how their mum is 'harassing' them.

The kind of generation that is being raised nowadays is getting me scared lots of undisciplined children, even so called undergraduates. Dont want to be accountable to anybody.
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by OperaMini1(m): 11:15am On Dec 09, 2018
Thanks once again for all your quite interesting comments, and trust I've gained some more insights into how to manage this. Enjoy your day.
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by beeijeoma: 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
Kids will always fight but it is how you as the parent handles it that matters. Your son has beat up his elder sister 2ce and marked her body and they are under 10yrs . If you do not nip it in the bud now I hope it wont graduate to the use of household utensils. First and foremost your son must be dealt with in a manner decided by you, he must respect his sister and learn not to hit women. I have a younger brother and we used to quarrel a lot the one time he hit me and my dad got to know about it he got some resetting slaps. He was forced to kneel down before me and apologise and that was the last time he hit me. This was all when we were teenagers but we later became the best of friends . The ball is your court .
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Ishilove: 5:15pm On Dec 09, 2018
SUCKABLE88:
By beating!!
I taya o. When I saw 'grounded' I rolled my eyes. The kind of parenting we have these days ehn, it makes me weary
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by DONADAMS(m): 9:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mutemenot:
Op. You can't stop the kids from their stages of development. Fighting is part of it, maybe Anthony Joshua inspires one of them grin... (na joke) ..just relax they 'll overgrown That, all you need to do is spank and let them know who's elder and how respect should be accorded . God bless your home ... I have one already, his stubbornness is even scaring me from touching my wife so another one won't enter yet cheesy cheesy
lmao grin
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Oyerinde16(m): 3:24am On Dec 11, 2018
Yuceeluv:
I'd never marry a shallowminded person as you anyways.a wiseman won't dwell the success of his marriage on such frivolities.

It was on a light note, however if we were to date I would make u c a thousand reasons to do as I wish, if a thousands reason can't convince u then we not compatible cos I'm a hard nut myself, as 4 wise men only a fool takes whatever is thrown at him nonsense.
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Viking007(m): 6:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
SUCKABLE88:
By beating!!
cheesy Straight to the point. Beating never fails!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Viking007(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
Jus buy one 4-mouth kobobo, hang it where they can all see and threaten them small.............no need to thank me later
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Daeylar(f): 8:04am On Dec 12, 2018
xule20:

Tie them together, they must learn to live as one.. Lol

LOL!!! grin grin grin
Who has that shirt abeg grin grin
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2018
Daeylar:

LOL!!! grin grin grin Who has that shirt abeg grin grin
Is for their mother. Lol

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by georgepopsii(m): 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2018
Beat the shit out of them, trust me they'll never fight again
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by Zeewirld: 2:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
kunleweb:

Pardon?
Re: How Do I Stop My Kids From Fighting? by bigcasava1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2019
take them to military school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Would You React To This Video As A Father / Adults Misunderstanding Kids' Questions. / The Three Stages Of Growth In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.