Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,016 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? (6124 Views)

Mariam Mairo-Waziri Pays Fines Of Prisoners At Sokoto Prison / Photos From Mariam Abacha's 68th Birthday Dinner / Mariam Abacha & Mohamadou Bayero Fadil, Her Son-inlaw Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ever since she lost her husband, Gen. Sani  Abacha in 1998, Hajia Mariam Abacha has  led a quiet  life, unfazed  by the avalanche of public criticisms of the tenure of the former military head of state, who presided over one of the most turbulent times in Nigeria’s political history.
After performing one of the unenviable tasks of evacuating her family out of the seat of power on the death of their bread winner, and  the spirited battle she waged to save her son, Mohammed, from Obasanjo’s vengeful mission, the matriarch of the Abacha family has simply returned to Kano and settled to a quiet life after power.

Nigerians caught a glance of Hajia Mariam Abacha in May when she joined the other first ladies to condole  Turai Yar’ Adua who faced a similar fate of taking her husband home, after his fruitless struggle to stay alive.  Sunday,  July 4, 2010 was therefore a moment to remember as Hajia Abacha and her family received a  gathering of Christians from southern Kaduna, who live in Kano and came to offer their support as well as campaign for the success of  Mohammed Abacha in the forth coming governorship contest.
The former first lady, who spoke in Hausa language, told the  crowd that she was not surprised by the close relationship her family  had maintained with  the Christian community, adding that the  Abacha family  had over the years savoured the relationship of other Nigerians irrespective of the “ethno religious divide.”  She said the head of her domestic staff is a Christian who enjoys  freedom of worship in a Muslim family. She said apart from learning from Christians on her staff the teachings and values of the Christian faith, they are regarded as relations and members of the extended family. “You are my relations, the head of my domestic staff is a Christian from Kaduna, we allow freedom of worship and from him we have come to learn a lot on Christians values”, Mrs. Abacha stressed.

Mariam Abacha stated that his late husband’s belief in the unity of the country  was evident in his appointment of Christian military officers  as governors in the Muslim  dominated northern states, and  the appointment  of Muslim  officers as governors in the Christian populated south.
She told the gathering  how  General Abacha influenced the stay of execution of death sentence passed by a tribunal on the former Rivers  State governor, Major General Zamani Lekwot and his kinsmen over the Zango Kataf crisis in 1992.
Seven members of the Kataf ethnic group, including Lekwot, had been sentenced to death for murder in connection with religious riots in northern Nigeria, leaving them with no right of appeal against the convictions.

Mariam Abacha explained that  the gesture by the late general was propelled by his ‘humane spirit of forgiveness’.
The former first lady stated  that the late head of state supported the unity of Nigeria especially the cordial relationship between the Christian  Kataf and their  Muslim brothers who had for years lived peacefully together.

‘We voted for Nigerian unity, one people one nation, these what my late spouse lived and died for, and we are promoting the legacy for its attendant  benefits  in a multicultural society’, Mrs. Abacha stressed.
In a speech earlier, leader of the southern Kaduna people  resident in Kano,  Mr. Ayuba Dangana,  described the late General Abacha ‘as a friend and a relation’ whose administration   elevated the  people to the forefront of Kaduna politics.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/01/mariam-abacha-preaches-forgiveness/
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2010
‘We voted for Nigerian unity, one people one nation, these what my late spouse lived and died for, and we are promoting the legacy for its attendant benefits in a multicultural society’

This woman is mad
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Jakumo(m): 6:59am On Aug 02, 2010
Ha ha Now this is really amusing.

That smelly, ugly, thieving, hook-nosed hag has obviously forgotten that her husband lived to murder innocent civilians and loot the Nigerian federal treasury with reckless abandon, before croaking on the downstroke of a heart attack while buggering an AIDS infested Indian transvestite, after which he was transported straight to hell, where he is currently getting his ruptured anus reamed by red-eyed demons with spiny wee-wees, in between forced labor and serious flogging at the raging fire pits.  Muaha ha ha !
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by truly: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2010
Jakumo:

That smelly, ugly, thieving, hook-nosed LovePeddler has obviously forgotten that her husband lived to murder innocent civilians and loot the Nigerian federal treasury with reckless abandon, before croaking on the downstroke of a heart attack while buggering an AIDS infested Indian transvestite, after which he was transported straight to hell, where he is currently getting his ruptured anus reamed by red-eyed demons with spiny wee-wees, in between forced labor and serious flogging at the raging fire pits. Muaha ha ha !
Do I like the Abachas? NO
But we can still moderate our language
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by obi123: 11:50am On Aug 02, 2010
@Jakumo, wow!!!! i am sensing that you are not exactly their fan then.
honestly i couldnt stop laughing at your comment .

Anyway, why wont this woman shut the hell up really? she's one to talk, forgiveness? she doesnt even know the spelling of the word , she humours me
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by hackney(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2010
You see, the thing with nigeria is that these previous leaders (looters) and their affiliates
believe their own hype so much that they say a lot of s.hi.t.  especially after their wickedness.

But the unfortunate thing is that when they say it long enough, people start to believe them.
I tuned into AIT or was it BEN and listened to IBB ; He kept saying he didnt steal a penny,
the moderator was just saying yes,yes like he was in the bedroom with a h.ooker and i could not believe my ears.

When they talk this cr.ap,all i do is just playback in my mind  to when abacha was in charge.
(that man killed true democracy)
Dont start me on IBB ; school proncipals were owed for 9 months.
All he keeps saying is that he built 3rd mainland bridge.

The worst part is that after their mayhem while in power, they go away and after a short while they want to
come back into power? ?
They must think that nigerians are silly or the ones that remember are no longer around.
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2010
Forgivess for who,for what,why,how. . .so many questions unanswered.mariam should just continue to enjoy the remins of her husband loots and quit the rubbish she's talking about.what does she know about forgiveness anyway ?
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by youngies(m): 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2010
Forgiveness is not for the weak, it is for the strong - M. Gandhi
We are a weak country that is yet to attain nationhood, so we can't forgive.
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by EzeUche22(m): 1:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
I can forgive, but I cannot forget. Start returning your husband's ill gotten loot and we can talk about forgiveness. However, until she shows that she is regretful and start returning the stolen funds, we cannot even talk about forgiveness.
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Ranoscky(m): 1:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
^
Seconded!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by ijora: 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2010
Thought i read sometimes ago, that she said , " they the (Abacha`s )can never be as poor as Dangote,. this people think really think we are that stupid.
They will all pay, their children, ground children and even grate grand children . This is a new Nigeria, and we are not going to forget that fast!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by baslone: 1:39pm On Aug 02, 2010
This news is about a month old!!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Ranoscky(m): 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2010
^
n so fukk what? undecided
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by rhemakc(f): 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
Infact, i am short of words. If feel so, angry within me. Let me reserve my comments!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Mealways: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
@ Hackney

I totally agree with you. You've sum it all up. And because of our selfish minds, we start campaigning for whoever is from our tribal or who we will financially gain from. We have a long way to go in Nigeria and until we stop being short sighted then we will remain in this mess.
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by baslone: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2010
Ranoscky:

^
n so fukk what? undecided

n so its . . . "STALE" !!!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by matoyeh(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2010
abi, She tried, OBASANJO WAS THE BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD BECAUSE HE STEALS BY TRICK
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by baslone: 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
By the way, the woman is not mad!

The country is full of hypocrites so she'll def get her own supporters!

Let her be, she ain"t different from others!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by obidia(f): 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2010
Am just stunned by her audacity to wax this lyrics.
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by bawomolo(m): 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2010
Mariam Abacha explained that the gesture by the late general was propelled by his ‘humane spirit of forgiveness’.

the abiolas would like to disagree
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by ikamefa(f): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2010
Jakumo:

That smelly, ugly, thieving, hook-nosed hag has obviously forgotten that her husband lived to murder innocent civilians and loot the Nigerian federal treasury with reckless abandon, before croaking on the downstroke of a heart attack while buggering an AIDS infested Indian transvestite, after which he was transported straight to hell, where he is currently getting his ruptured anus reamed by red-eyed demons with spiny wee-wees, in between forced labor and serious flogging at the raging fire pits. Muaha ha ha !

did not wany to post a thing saw this post just could not help me self

jakumo! " shocked " grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Totally made my day!!!!! U're baaaad!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by oluponpin: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2010
the evil that man do live after them.the evil doer are plaining to come back into power,the people of kano should beware warning!warning!!warning!!!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by seanet02: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2010
Forgiveness, ok, its possible if Alfred Rewane could be brought back to life, Kudirat Abiola can say good morning to us here on october first, if we can have all the billions in dollars (American dollar not Liberia dollars) if his husband can come back to us and say hello poor Nigerians i am sorry and i promised to reclaim Bakassi back since obasanjo has proved to be the coward of the millenium. If this is possible and we see Abiola talking about moving the country forward (live display no recordings) then what else we need to forgive and forget
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2010
Jakumo:

That smelly, ugly, thieving, hook-nosed hag has obviously forgotten that her husband lived to murder innocent civilians and loot the Nigerian federal treasury with reckless abandon, before croaking on the downstroke of a heart attack while buggering an AIDS infested Indian transvestite, after which he was transported straight to hell, where he is currently getting his ruptured anus reamed by red-eyed demons with spiny wee-wees, in between forced labor and serious flogging at the raging fire pits.  Muaha ha ha !

You let your imagination run away with you at times. grin
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Ranoscky(m): 6:54pm On Aug 02, 2010
@Quote from @Baslone: n so it's. . ."STALE"!!!

^^ Den waka pass lyk say u no see am!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by chosen04(f): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2010
. . . . . . It will be better for the camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for the YORUBA NATION to forgive ABACHA AND IBB.

Those guys 'dealt with them' more than any other part of the country. . . . .Imagine Abacha ''camping'' almost all their senior military officers for coup plotting? and almost executing them?

What has become of that 'PHANTOM' COUP by OLADIPO D.?
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by CGKing(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2010
I believe u ma, I know ur late husband voted for unity, and he proved it, by trying to unite all nigerians with their forefathers.
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by obi123: 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2010
@CGKing
i couldnt help but laugh at ur comment
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by Kilode1: 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2010
hackney:

You see, the thing with nigeria is that these previous leaders (looters) and their affiliates
believe their own hype so much that they say a lot of s.hi.t.  especially after their wickedness.

But the unfortunate thing is that when they say it long enough, people start to believe them.

I tuned into AIT or was it BEN and listened to IBB ; He kept saying he didnt steal a penny,
the moderator was just saying yes,yes like he was in the bedroom with a h.ooker and i could not believe my ears.

When they talk this cr.ap,all i do is just playback in my mind  to when abacha was in charge.
(that man killed true democracy)
Dont start me on IBB ; school proncipals were owed for 9 months.
All he keeps saying is that he built 3rd mainland bridge.

The worst part is that after their mayhem while in power, they go away and after a short while they want to
come back into power? ?
They must think that nigerians are silly or the ones that remember are no longer around.

Gbam! That sums it up!!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by hackney(m): 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2010
Jakumo:

CGKing:

I believe u ma, I know your late husband voted for unity, and he proved it, by trying to unite all nigerians with their forefathers.

[size=35pt]I officially salute nairaland.
kai ! ![/size]
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by scientech: 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
Nigerians should forgive her & family after ALL the monies looted are returned!
Re: Mariam Abacha Preaches Forgiveness. Will Nigeria Forgive Her? by pete(m): 10:15pm On Aug 02, 2010
Jakumo,
I want to say you killed. I was in my office and laughing very seriously. My assistant who had just walked in thought I was laughing at her, you know Oyinbo girls, she was almost beginning to cry, thinking I was laughing at her weight or dress. Sadly, I wasn't able to put myself together to explain to her. as I type now, she is walked out of my office,
I know the Abacha insanity is not a laughing matter, its just sad we live in a Nigeria where anything can happen. If OBJ became president, an IBB could happen to us an if things don't change, I mean a revolution, don't be surprise that Abacha's son may want to be president some day. It kills my heart just thinking about it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu's Oriental Hotel In V.I Bigger Than Dasuki's Alleged Building. / Over 2 Million People Engage In Illegal Mining For Survival — FG / President Buhari's Mercedes Car - What About His Promise To Tackle Corruption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.