Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Marriage Gone Wrong - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Gone Wrong (43923 Views)

Butt Surgery Gone Wrong As Lady Cries Out In Pain. / Parenting Gone Wrong. 9 Years Old Slay Queen / Extramarital Affairs Gone Wrong! A Comrade Has Fallen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Gone Wrong by Staceyjohnsn: 11:41pm On Dec 08, 2018
Hi,

Please I need some information.

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.
I jus want to begin to legally escape this situation and move on with my life.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by jasper83: 11:55pm On Dec 08, 2018
Staceyjohnsn:
Hi,

Please I need some information.

I’m from London. My boyfriend and I were both living in London until he was deported back to Nigeria. We dated for 2 years so due to love we continued dating. We eventually got married two years later in a registry in Nigeria. I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore. Long story short he has the marriage certificate with him in Nigeria. He said he will just tear it up and that’s that and no1 will ever believe me without the certificate that we are legally married.
Obviously I need to one day move on with my life, by Gods grace and remarry. I’m only 26, I cannot come and die because of one man. I don’t want to deal with this issue when I have someone new etc. I don’t want to comit polygamy as that is highly illegal in the UK. Personally, I cannot date another man while I’m legally married. Ko make sense.
Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the marriage certificate myself in order to proceed with a legal divorce?
In the UK you can look up marriages online, is there a website for Nigerian marriage information to be looked up online?
Please help me because if you understand the
heartbreak I’m going through right now, you will cry for me.
I jus want to begin to legally escape this situation and move on with my life.

sorry sister for your predicament, though I'm not a lawyer but I know in matters of divorce, if a partner is proving to be stubborn by not releasing the marriage certificate with the help of your lawyer you can approach that same registry you did your court marriage for a copy of the certificate like a duplicate in their log book. I have forgotten what they call it, but is not a too difficult thing to get just approach a lawyer and you will be fine.

Please next time learn to look before you leap, love is not everything okay, it's obvious the guy is not into you, cut your losses now.

Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people, they are energy drainers .Gracias

315 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Staceyjohnsn: 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2018
Thank you for the advice.
God bless

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by BornnAgainChild(f): 1:21am On Dec 09, 2018
God will see you through

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 3:15am On Dec 09, 2018
jasper83:

sorry sister for your predicament, though I'm not a lawyer but I know in matters of divorce, if a partner is proving to be stubborn by not releasing the marriage certificate with the help of your lawyer you can approach that same registry you did your court marriage for a copy of the certificate like a duplicate in their log book. I have forgotten what they call it, but is not a too difficult thing to get just approach a lawyer and you will be fine.

Please next time learn to look before you leap, love is not everything okay, it's obvious the guy is not into you, cut your losses now.

Better luck next time and try and marry within your status and not low people, they are energy drainers .Gracias
you didn't only help the Op with this eye opening piece, you have 'liberated' a whole lot of women that would be reading this. God bless you.

185 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by sisisioge: 4:50am On Dec 09, 2018
jasper83:

Certified true copy.

@ OP, no online check here yet in naija. Just get a lawyer to assist you. But I think you would need a photocopy of the certificate to get the certified true copy.

By the way, be grateful the dude didn't drag you into wasting more time with him.

25 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Montaque(m): 5:13am On Dec 09, 2018
If you tell the date of the marriage or when it was entered into the Registry, which local government and the names of the parties to the marriage, I can help you get the Certified True Copy of the certificate.

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Staceyjohnsn: 10:21am On Dec 09, 2018
Montaque:
If you tell the date of the marriage or when it was entered into the Registry, which local government and the names of the parties to the marriage, I can help you get the Certified True Copy of the certificate.

Do you possibly have an email address I can contact you on or WhatsApp, because I dont want to post all my information on this forum?
Thanks
God bless

11 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by i1: 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2018
very simple,
1. date of marriage and registry for the certificate.
2. a lawyer will arrange a divorce for you.
contact me or drop any email, i will contact you

7 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Staceyjohnsn: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hi,
Can you please contact me via this email Stacey.johnsn@yahoo..com

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Kenekingisback: 9:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
But where is lalasticlala sef shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by ChiefOloye(m): 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
jasper83:

He has said it all, alternatively, send hired assassins to the idiot.

Meanwhile you didn't tell us the roles you played in his deportation, or you know it's hellish to live in Nigeria?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Chuks9000: 10:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Abi na
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
Stories that touch the kidney.

When the going was good, nobody knew.
Now yawa don Gass, everywhere must ring.

Don't be surprised if the story up there is far from the truth, she might be the one trying to play a fast one on her husband.

All in all,
Mathew 8 :22
"Let the dead bury the dead"

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Hotzone(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
Since am not married, wetin I know self?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Heywhizzy(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
Why did you hurt that man so much

11 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by NigerDeltan(m): 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
e
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by morikee: 10:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
Wakanda nonsense topic is this
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by grrr: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by collitexnaira(m): 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Some marriage are like one night stand, wed today divorce tomorrow. May God help this generation

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by sKeetz(m): 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Be careful of those asking you to contact them. undecided

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Godson213: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
K
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by ImpressionsNG: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
i am single and ready to marry cheesy ...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Abbeyme: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
The registry you had the wedding has a certify true copy(CTC) of your Marriage Certificate. Apply for the CTC, you will have it and it shall stand as the original Mariage Certificate.

Nothing lost!

10 Likes

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by slayprint: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
Please check wada your boyfriend or girlfriend head dey correct before you marry.

I make 3D customized phone case please check my profile.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by LagosWharf: 10:21pm On Dec 09, 2018
Madam OP.You story is bent. It is clear that you added a few sentences to garner pity. E.g "I was willing to move to Nigeria permanently and forget about London completely. It was time to do the traditional marriage now, he said he’s not doing anymore."

Those are lies. You came to Nigeria to divorce him and move on with your life since the guy was deported. But since you are married legally, you are stuck with him. You came to divorce him but he is refusing.

Don't lie. Come clean. Say it as it is and I will help you with direct steps to take and where to go if you come clean and say it as it really is

118 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by bibiking7(m): 10:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
Get the date, get a lawyer and head to the registry. Good luck.
Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by Passionate888: 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
marriage scare the beJesus out of me. Singleness is next to godliness

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Gone Wrong by chikasky62: 10:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
Cut the long story short, contact me on WhatsApp.. 08154511396. I will be more than willing to dish out good advice to you.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Attacks Co-Wife With Hot Water In Plateau State (Graphic Pic) / Lessons Learnt From The NYC Man Shot Dead By His Neighbour / Uk-based Nigerian Wife Attacks Husband’s Sidechick With Bleach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.