Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:28 AM

Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive (12348 Views)

Binta Garba: Usman Plotted My Removal From NPA Because I Demanded Transparency / Binta Garba And Idris Ahmed Fight Over APC Senatorial Ticket (VIDEO) / Senator Binta Garba: I Rejected N300m Bribe To Dump APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by mediaNGR: 7:23am On Dec 09, 2018
The first Vice-President, Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians, Senator Binta Garba, has called on Nigerians, especially youths, to be focused and not be depressed because they hold the key to the future of the country.

According to her, people see her “painted face” and wish to be like her, not knowing what she did in the past .

The lawmaker said she did everything (except prostitution), including hawking bread, selling moi moi and Kunu Zaki to survive.

She spoke in Abuja during the 2nd National Youth Economic Summit organised by the Christian Association of Nigeria (Youth Wing) in the 19 northern states and the Federal Capital Territory.

Garba, representing Adamawa North Senatorial District in the National Assembly and three times former member of the House of Representatives (1999 – 2011), said, “When you sit down here and see Binta with a painted face, you will want to be like her. But if I tell you my story, you will run away.

“I hawked bread and sold moi moi, I started working, did everything to survive, except that I didn’t sell my body. But God was so fateful, at that tender age, I never knew. But He only looked for the inner mind. This nation is blessed; over 60 per cent of the population are youths.

“I started hawking bread with N2 and became a distributor of bread at the age of 11. When you go to secondary school now and you ask a child, ‘do you want to hawk bread?’ The child will say ‘no’. Nobody wants to hawk bread because they believe it is a dirty job.”

Garba warned the youth against causing division in Nigeria, saying they should abide by the biblical principle of praying for the nation’s leaders, instead of abusing President Muhammadu Buhari.

Speaking on the occasion, the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, said Nigeria had been experiencing security challenges because of lack of values.

The SGF, who noted that ethnicity, had destroyed the bond among Nigerians, expressed sadness over the security situation in the country, calling on youths to lead the vanguard in restoring peace, security and stability by helping government to provide intelligence.

Mustapha advised the youth to report any signal that could cause threats to the public, adding that for the country to develop, everyone especially the youth should shun greed, malice, deceit, envy, slander, arrogance and folly.

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/12/i-hawked-bread-moi-moi-to-survive.html

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by sluk(m): 7:24am On Dec 09, 2018
Politicians will never change.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by pyyxxaro: 7:37am On Dec 09, 2018
Everybody starts saying trash once they attain fame

Mmmsshheeww

Even Donald Trump mama , de sell agidi for my junction b4

Donald Trump de sell kpekere and edible worm for Sapele roundabout way back undecided

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by obojememe: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
i will also tell a story of when i use to sell agege bread inside unilag someday...

2 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by justflow1(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
Hmmmm, if your name is trully "Binta" then what you have said earlier is fib ladened..... Your parent named you binta because they are ok and they were so confidential in your success....

Binta is a name far too heavy for a "below par" earner to give their wards, what as happen to names like kende, nimota, tawa, kudi, hauwa-kulu

Binta as a name is too sweet to hawk moi-moi

Mrs Binta Garba the number you are trying to call is not reachable, pls try again leta

3 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by BruncleZuma: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
So, does that justify the excessive emoluments you and your colleagues are collecting?

There has never been a time in Nigerian history when bigotry, tribe and Nepotism wasn't the hayday so please shift.

1 Like

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Vibesking(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
From Bread seller to senator.

At least the economy at that time gave you an opportunity to grow. Unlike the current economy which you and your fellow unscrupulous politicians have rendered useless.
Today a breadseller might not live up to 30 due to the hunger and hardship you and your colleagues have inflicted on the masses.

1 Like

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by 1zynnvn(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
I have already arranged the lie I go lie about my humble beginnings when o blow. Nonsensical

11 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by lilfreezy: 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2018
Osunbade hawked agbọ jedi
Buhari hawked cow dunk
Ambode hawked Don Simon at quilox

It's election year people

grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Mcjades: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
smiley
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by exegesis: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
Election time don come for una again. Useless politicians!

1 Like

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by adewale678: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
Liars part one and two

3 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Eliteklaus(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2018
Just Support ATIKU and leave all these moi moi stories

3 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Stanleyville(m): 2:51pm On Dec 09, 2018
shocked

This line by politicians is already stale n outdated!

..madam..use another format.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by elclassical(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
lol dey have come again...o n'ako rubbish
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by daddytime(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
Mumu woman...

So because you hawked bread some aeons ago kids of today don't need to see it as dirty but embrace it and continue in child servitude.

How many of your kids have inherited the bread hawking from you?

Opening your mouth to spew trash like some dimwits populating this forum.
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by ArmaniUhuru: 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2018
Election time, deceiving time.

In 2baba‘s voice.
E be like say them won to do, another deceiving again o.
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by seunmohmoh(f): 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
Everyone be forming humble beginning.. God punish liars

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 09, 2018
I ate just once a day in d university for 4 years
I don't eat morning food wen I was in d university
I carry concrete to sponsor my education

Una go hear my own too watch out
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by BeiFangLaye(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
Analog thinkers leading a digital society - Sowore

2 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
She finished her statement with pray for blood sucking Buhari. I have better things to channel my prayer to than this failed government who can’t just be real to their self for once
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by mansoura(f): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
grin
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by SingleWahala(f): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
grin...... EVERYBODY HAS A STORY TO TELL grin grin grin

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Kharol1234: 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
no b onli who na hawk sumtin oooo wer who na no want wer pesin rest me too hawk oooo waterleaf,banana,plantain and so on
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by NotBeenPaid: 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
pyyxxaro:
Everybody starts saying trash once they attain fame

Mmmsshheeww

Even Donald Trump mama , de sell agidi for my junction b4

Donald Trump de sell kpekere and edible worm for Sapele roundabout way back undecided

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by BeiFangLaye(m): 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nigeria politicians and mumu talks na 5&6.

Analog thinkers leading a digital society - Sowore

2 Likes

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
Nigeria was still a sane environment then not the one this younger generation are exposed to ... she said she started with 2naira do we even have anything for that price in Nigeria again
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by Ngobidiezenwata: 2:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
And you think we give a flying phuck about that unh undecided
Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by SweetBwoy: 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
“I started hawking bread with N2 and became a distributor of bread at the age of 11. When you go to secondary school now and you ask a child, ‘do you want to hawk bread?’ The child will say ‘no’. Nobody wants to hawk bread because they believe it is a dirty job.”

are secondary school students supposed to be out on the road hawking bread or studying??

1 Like

Re: Senator Binta Garba: I Hawked Bread, Moi Moi To Survive by kindnyce(m): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
Alternative facts...
I think

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Confirms 17 Nominees As NPC Commissioners / Fire In My Home A ‘Minor’ Incident, Obasanjo Says / Dumo Lulu-Briggs Dumps PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.