Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (37583 Views)

Stop Using Your Phone In Church! / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Correctgist(f): 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has warned members of his church to desist from using his pictures and that of his wife, Foluke, on souvenirs for sale. According to him, he is not God and can never share in God's glory.

The clergyman gave the warning on Friday December 7th at the ongoing annual Holy Ghost Congress of the church holding at the Redemption Camp, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. He said it had come to his notice that some members of his church have started seeing him as God that they use his photos and that of his wife on any of their materials. He appealed to them to stop it as he does not want to incur the wrath of God.

“It has been brought to my notice that people are using my picture and that of my wife on key holders, calendars, books and other souvenirs. This is wrong and anyone found with such materials should be arrested and reported to the police. I am not God. I did not send them. I have nothing to do with those materials. I am an ordinary man of God. God will never share his glory with any man. I am not ready to die. Devil, I am not ready to go.

If at any time, God is sensing that a man is trying to share his glory, the man is dead. If you find anyone selling anything whatsoever with my picture or my wife’s, report them to the police immediately.”
he said.

On why he was forced to publicly call them to order, the clergyman said that recently a woman bought a key holder with his picture and his wife’s inscribed on it and gave it to her child and the child began to eat the key holder and in no time, the picture pasted on the key holder removed and surprisingly what they found was the picture of another tele evangelist, Prophet T. B Joshua.

“I know you all know what that means. Please stop and cooperate,”
he pleaded.

https://zenithnaija.com/stop-using-my-pictures-on-sourvenirs-i-am-not-god-pastor-adeboye-tells-members/

19 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by solutionmi: 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
True talk
Nigeria pastors are overrated

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by godfatherx: 12:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
Pls tell them, the way they treat you like a God is the reason I dislike the church and it's members.
Most of them don't understand the word of God, they hardly read the Bible, but believe only what a pastor tells them, same with followers of Oyedepo, Oyakhilome and Apostle Suleiman, Kumuyi and that MFM guy.

129 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by sluk(m): 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2018
If they will hear

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2018
Ideally, any real man of God's picture shouldn't be on any church material. Jesus is the Owner of the church but there many churches today owned by Pastors.

Any church I go to and I hear the man of God say "my church", I start getting weary.

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by daddytime(m): 12:35pm On Dec 09, 2018
Good and very commendable.

Every church's billboards and banners these days are usually an avenue for face modellings of the CEO and his wife...haba

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by hahn(m): 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
Then he should only use pictures of god on his church posters since god owns the church grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by AngelicBeing: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by DonCortino: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2018
story!

but you allow your sheepies to sit on the chair u sit in the name of "tapping anointing" and you dint say or do anything about it. that one is not forming god abi?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by itiswellandwell: 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
Okay sir.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by zlantanfan: 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
The dangerous man should come and receive sense from adeboye

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Frankyboy1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2018
God bless you sir

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Daviddson(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
Very good. The way Nigerians hold these mere mortal men never ceases to surprise and ache my heart.
Some believe as far as it's coming from Daddy GO, he's infallibly right and shouldn't be questioned.
It's very necessary to accord them the respect due to them, but outright hero worship is a no-no for me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
Little by little, they are changing their bad ways, I expect Daddy Freeze to react to this. The other day, a pastor apologized to his members for previously deceiving them with his prolific way of preaching and now this.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by arantess: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
It's good he's calling them out, some members truly lack sense

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by domino4211(m): 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2018
So because of the fire daddy freeze is lighting on your ass,all of a sudden,you've just noticed this thing now?...
Ok,very soon you will still notice that members have been paying tithe this whole time,and it's wrong Biblically...
Old thief gringringrin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by babeosisi: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Maybe when he stops presenting his chair for veneration they'll know he is just a man

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Kaybaba5(m): 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
God is the owner of the church

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by deavicky(m): 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
godfatherx:
Pls tell them, the way they treat you like a God is the reason I dislike the church and it's members.
Most of them don't understand the word of God, they hardly read the Bible, but believe only what a pastor tells them, same with followers of Oyedepo, Oyakhilome and Apostle Suleiman, Kumuyi and that MFM guy.
mumu see say noboby like the nonsense u said.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
daddytime:
Good and very commendable.

Every church's billboards and banners these day are usually an avenue for face modellings of the CEO and his wife...haba
CEO inside church matter again? What's wrong with Nigerians and abusing words?

Call him G.O, general overseer, not CEO, na company e dey run?

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by oloriLFC(f): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
If people worship God the way they do pastors, Bishops and Co., Nigeria would have been a better place to live in

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by babeosisi: 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2018
DonCortino:
story!

but you allow your sheepies to sit on the chair u sit to "tap anointing" and you dint say or do anything about it. that one is not forming god abi?

Thank you
First thing I thought about when I saw this piece.
Which is worse,wearing his picture or bowing down to,sitting and touching his chair for blessings
Let's not talk about "holy combing" of hair and his other idolatrous practices

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 09, 2018
His conviction.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by dalaman: 4:23pm On Dec 09, 2018
He said he doesn't want to die, that he is not ready to go. That means all this talk of heaven is a lie. If heaven is real why will he not want to die and go there? These men of God and their empty lies.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Onyi22(f): 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
Well spoken
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by DonCortino: 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2018
babeosisi:

Thank you
First thing I thought about when I saw this piece.
Which is worse,wearing his picture or bowing down to,sitting and touching his chair for blessings
Let's not talk about "holy combing" of hair and his other idolatrous practices

lol, which one is holy combing kwa!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by MuttleyLaff: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2018
Correctgist:
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has warned members of his church to desist from using his pictures and that of his wife, Foluke, on souvenirs for sale.
According to him, he is not God and can never share in God's glory.

The clergyman gave the warning on Friday December 7th at the ongoing annual Holy Ghost Congress of the church holding at the Redemption Camp, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
He said it had come to his notice that some members of his church have started seeing him as God that they use his photos and that of his wife on any of their materials.
He appealed to them to stop it as he does not want to incur the wrath of God. he said.

On why he was forced to publicly call them to order,
the clergyman said that recently a woman bought a key holder with his picture
and his wife’s inscribed on it and gave it to her child
and the child began to eat the key holder and in no time,
the picture pasted on the key holder removed
and surprisingly what they found was the picture of another tele evangelist, Prophet T. B Joshua
. he pleaded.
If not for the TBJ picture found underneath his picture, brain wouldnt have reset

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by kolnel: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
lol

But they bring their tithes everyday to you
So you can take it to god

That’s how trust works
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
Tell them Pastor.....
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by presiade(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2018
DonCortino:
story!

but you allow your sheepies to sit on the chair u sit in the name of "tapping anointing" and you dint say or do anything about it. that one is not forming god abi?

That's the actual origin of this public reprove. Sunday Adelaja, D. Freeze and some other people have commented on this (bolded) and you don't expect him to use it as a means to disprove such acts, lest he appears to be responding to the critics he said he's not listening or responding to, and thereby acknowledging the flaws in their (most churches) doctrines.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by MzTunechi(f): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Commendable....the act is actually idolatrous
Re: Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God by SOJOSEPH(m): 4:34pm On Dec 09, 2018
Was Elijah forming God when Elisha got his mantle?

Stop talking from your ignorance,

DonCortino:
story!

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FIRS Deletes Easter Message, Apologises / Dr. David Bob Manuel, Announced As New Prelate Cherubim and Seraphim / Richest Rv Father In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.