Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? (51919 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? / Response To The Thread: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2018
litdutchboy:
I am a Dutch boy. I choose security over money. What is the point of making it when you live in fear of armed robbers,trigger happy policemen,ritualists and bad Nigerian drivers.

all these stuff you mentioned.there are millions of nigerians living in nigeria who have never experienced it since the day they were born. Stop giving excuses.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by buzorcharles(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
Abroad is the only place you can live and raise capital. And stay away from naija expenses for some while. If government can give work and mortgage and loan to working individual's. No one will wanna leave.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Saintp(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

but many people study in Nigeria too. The reality is they study abroad but still come back home. There is nothing wrong in bringing back skills to move ur country forward

The problem here in nigeria that we still have the slave and master mentality.

I believe in this. Ask and it shall be given unto you.

How many nigerians ask and
protest for infrastructures.

Bros, most Nigerians want a second option or country for themselves and their kids. Having Nigeria as your one and only country you have access to is one of the biggest risk you can ever take. People like us in the middle class left Nigeria not actually because we want to "make" it but because we want our children to live where things work and get a second passport.

If the likes of Saraki, Tinubu, Ben Bruce, Rochas etc and even "integrity " Buhari children have citizenship or access to other countries even with their wealth and influence here why will an average Nigerian get stuck in the shithole? Or you want to tell me that you are more patriotic than them?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:
I have noticed that many Nigerians think they can only make it abroad, even though,we are blessed with a large market,what is stopping nigerians from seeing opportunities in their own country?

I have spoken to many chinese( age 20 to 30) they all seems to have very low education, some of them do not have degrees like us but they are making it big time in nigeria, even a north korea man i met in an exhibition in lagos is doing great here in nigeria.

But nigerians are trooping out of their country like nothing works in nigeria.
Who large market help

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Benoxvals(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2018
Simple...it’s because they are making to abroad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sukerefakere(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

The same reason those Chinese and Koreans are not staying in their individual countries to make it but decided to move to Nigeria.

Did you ask them why they are not making it in their own country? Is China not far better than Nigeria?

can I get you Christmas present?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by ojlifa: 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2018
My friend you have no idea what you are talking.no forgiener that lands in Nigeria ever wants to leave.because there is no where in the world they would be treated the way they are treated in Nigeria.as for Nigerians they have slave mentality which is planted in the educational system.those of us when dey leave outside the country they find money to run back.

thebosstrevor:

The thing is this many of them came through construction projects financed by the chinese govt,they dont plan to live with us, after their contracts they go back home. Many of them are not immigrant like many of us but labourers employed by the chinese govt.during their short stay in our country,they tend to have understand our market,make cash and move on.

THe other chinese that remains in nigeria become FDI. THey build big businesses that employs hundreds of nigerians.

nigerians abroad are not FDI rather economy immigrant.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by onlyforchrist: 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:

you sometimes make me wanna puck

i guess in ur small brain. YOu think people dont make it in nigeria. YOU are outdated.

I have seen nigerian sharing papers in the winter, i have seen 10 nigerians sleeping in a tight room all in that your so called abroad. The nigeria that you see as hell. I see it as heaven a place to make good cash.you are short sighted,maybe that is why you cant see the big picture.
may your life become miserable if you think any Nigerian don't deserve the best. God punish you there mumu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
Op, you self wan japa. Las las, Nigeria isn't for everybody and abroad isn't for everybody too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by ednut1(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
Tell dat to my friend who earned 30k montly in 9ja. Took a loan to go to dubai. He is currently building a house. Something he cannot achieve easily with 30k

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by chigoizie7(m): 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2018
thebosstrevor:
I have noticed that many Nigerians think they can only make it abroad, even though,we are blessed with a large market,what is stopping nigerians from seeing opportunities in their own country?

I have spoken to many chinese( age 20 to 30) they all seems to have very low education, some of them do not have degrees like us but they are making it big time in nigeria, even a north korea man i met in an exhibition in lagos is doing great here in nigeria.

But nigerians are trooping out of their country like nothing works in nigeria.

they should have remained in china and make it too. why them come naija?

same way a boy of 24 whose name is kosiso has been roaming the streets after secondary school, left for turkey 2 years ago, now built a duplex , bought his father a highlander, reroofed his fathers house and sent his elder brother to uk.
he is as successful as China guys in naija in turkey.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by martineverest(m): 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2018
[quote author=992finland post=73690265][/quote] are the Chinese investing in Nigeria or are the constituting nuisance in Nigeria?.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by BOOMnaija(m): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2018
I am a nigerian and i am proud to be nigerian..i stay in nigeria and i work hard everyday to get better and better...i am happy to say i'm making it right here in naija and i dont need to move to any other country to make it...i dont even want to live elsewhere apart from nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
bcauz dey dnt owe workers der
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Originalsly: 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

The same reason those Chinese and Koreans are not staying in their individual countries to make it but decided to move to Nigeria.

Did you ask them why they are not making it in their own country? Is China not far better than Nigeria?

Interesting topic. @ above. Chinese and Koreans are not desperately migrating like Nigerians. Fair enough...they are not making it in China...but making it in Nigeria. How can they make it in Nigeria but Nigerians can't? Do Nigerians make it in China? Almost all Chinese in Nigeria have a better standard of living than the average Nigerian....is it the same with Nigerians in China? The point. ... there are opportunities for Nigerians to make it in Nigeria...but if you don't have the will....there wouldn't be a way. How much money does one invest in going on an adventure abroad?....isn't that more than enough to establish oneself here? The abroad mentality runs wayyy too deep in too many of us.... to the point that we can't even put forward reasonable argumemts.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Delivar(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

Any foreigner in Nigeria already has something sufficient and flourishing keeping him or her in Nigeria. But Nigerians just troop into foreign countries without having any plan and only just hoping to make it there from scratch. No foreigner from countries better than Nigeria come into Nigeria to struggle from scratch.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by 8stargeneral: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
Because no one want to stay in a country been lead by lifeless president

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by oluwasegun007(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2018
Imagine question...

Let me ask OP too, how much is minimum wage

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2018
because there is no,light stable network and economy. EXCHANGE RATE IS HIGH.

ALL D BASIC AMNETIES WE DONT HAVE. IF U HAVE D CHANCE TO LEAVE NIGERIA PLS DO SO ASAP. TO SAVE YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN.

WHAG WILL HAPPEN IN 2019 IS STILL UNCERTAIN DONT LET ANYBODY TO DECEIVE U O. RUN CRAWL OR FLY OUT OF NIGERIA IF U HAVE THE CHANCE.

NEED A PROFITABLE BUSINESS IDEA ? CHECK MY SIG

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by TheCongo2: 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
onyegwu:
U really answer am well. People just want to talk in order to appear better all na wash. Just dangle a visa and see how he will also give u a reason why he should leave . Hypocrites everywhere.

Lol... couldn't help but to roll on floor laughing... grin grin
Nairaland is a great place to laugh

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by mayze: 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2018
You guys are not getting the whole point..while would I travel out and I can build a house over dia,can't buy a brand new car.but u guys will be doing conversion of the curency over dia to naira as if it's naira they are spending over dia.most of them over dia r making peanuts.if nairn should be stronger today,most of em won't be able to build anything in Nigeria.that's the point the guy is making.why leave a banking job paying up to 300k in nigeria for a factory job abroad.u guys are juss over emotional about the whole thing.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

bros I respect you but pls tell yourself the truth. You moderate the travel section and you see how some of your people present forged documents both home and abroad. How many Chinese are doing dishes in Nigeria. Immigration is never a bad thing, this is why there is a ministry and department for it in every country. The truth remains many Nigerians are nuisances both home and abroad. I was at the airport the other and was disgusted by every official in that building. Every one of them is looking for a way to collect money from you like that is the job they are being paid for. This greed, pity seeking mentality is what has made many leave the country without no proper plan and purpose for traveling. I am currently outside Nigeria and I am engaging other Africans that are well travelled, there isn’t any good story to tell. Naija hard yes, but have a plan for your life before you start thinking of running away from naija.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Mofpearl: 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Anybody can make in Nigeria. Reason while people move out is because of the[b] poor quality of life.[b]No light, corrupt leaders, bribery, police harassment, yahoo boys etc. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Should I continue? undecided
Gbam. I was about to write this.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Kokugraphics(m): 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2018
Because they will make it

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by codemaniacs: 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2018
zz

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by CaptainFM1: 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
Because they see the fake pictures Chukwuma, Yetunde and Aishat posted on facebook!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
NONNYG:
During my NYSC in Nigeria I was earning 19,800 monthly, with that I feed myself, pay for accommodation, transportation to PPA, flex smallgrin etc; but after my NYSC I moved to Dubai and I’m earning above what I earned in a whole year just in one month, with free accommodation, free food, free transportation to workplace, free medical, 24 hours uninterrupted power supply etc.

U wan make I come back to Nigeria abi? Unless if I’m offered a job in oil company

bro pls i need help about dubai. i want to ask some question and will be glad if u can help .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Are you serious? Have you ever asked yourself why our leaders choose to send their kids abroad in spite of their wealth? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Stolen wealth
Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
Delivar:

Any foreigner in Nigeria already has something sufficient and flourishing keeping him or her in Nigeria. But Nigerians just troop into foreign countries without having any plan and only just hoping to make it there from scratch. No foreigner from countries better than Nigeria come into Nigeria to struggle from scratch.
God bless you. I am in a few International educational and professional group and I tell you, sometimes I feel good being a Nigerian. The number of Nigerians in these groups are beyond what I expected and are doing great stuffs.Many are post doc fellows in these countries. Atimes I find myself with some other and o start to think otherwise. Truth remains majority of Nigerians don’t have plans. Money comes before purpose to many which is very wrong. Purpose comes before money in any situation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by bleskid: 8:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
nice question, I really ask that to my self everyday ... we Africans we don't believed in what we have that's the point,, we believe that a white man land is a big Glory to human needs without knowing that God is not partial ..you are bless in your home, search u find it, seek u will see it.. and start were u are .. stopping traveling from country to another .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Think That They Can Only Make It Abroad? by sojodmy: 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Anybody can make in Nigeria. Reason while people move out is because of the poor quality of life. No light, corrupt leaders, bribery, police harassment, yahoo boys etc. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Should I continue? undecided
People wey don mad sad sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? / 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara / Can This Truly Happen In Lagos - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.