Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed. (460 Views)

If You're Between 20 To 29yr Old, This Advice Is For You. / Please Your Advice Is Needed Here. / Your Advice Is Urgently Needed! Help An Undergraduate Nairalander Career Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2018
I am a young lawyer, precisely below 25 years. I was newly called to the bar last month. I came out with a second class upper both in the university and in law school. I am currently serving in one of the south south states and i would pass out by next year july. I am scared of my future.i need your advise as to wise steps to take to get a good job and if possible if there are available jobs with good remuneration i am ready to move over and accept it. God bless
Re: Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed. by amadiwati(m): 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2018
Is a fear about getting a job or there is something more? If it's a job explore Nairaland
Re: Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed. by i1: 9:02am On Dec 15, 2018
Relax, the Sky is wide enough.
fear not, what will be will be.
decide on the path you want to follow in the legal world, whether litigation and ADR, property etc, ensure you get the necessary skills sets required.
I will advise u use litigation as a platform and in ur spare time, develop skills in the areas u want to specialize in. this NYSC year do not be shy to get as many certifications as u need.
finally soak in courtroom experience, and also visit courts to watch especially SANs..
you have no issues.

1 Like

Re: Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed. by LegitBoyy: 8:59pm On Dec 16, 2018
Itsachair:
I am a young lawyer, precisely below 25 years. I was newly called to the bar last month. I came out with a second class upper both in the university and in law school. I am currently serving in one of the south south states and i would pass out by next year july. I am scared of my future.i need your advise as to wise steps to take to get a good job and if possible if there are available jobs with good remuneration i am ready to move over and accept it. God bless

Hello, I'm a also a new wig and I understand your fears perfectly but things are not that bad, you just have yo position yourself for the right opportunities. Learn all you can during this service year and the jobs will come calling by next year.

However be prepared to move to either Lagos or Abuja because those are the Hub of Legal practice presently.
Re: Ur Advice Is Urgently Needed. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 16, 2018
LegitBoyy:

Hello, I'm a also a new wig and I understand your fears perfectly but things are not that bad, you just have yo position yourself for the right opportunities. Learn all you can during this service year and the jobs will come calling by next year.

However be prepared to move to either Lagos or Abuja because those are the Hub of Legal practice presently.
tnx man

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Energy Forum 2019 – 4th Africa Energy Innovation Competition / NOUN Recruitment 2019 – See How To Apply For Latest Job Vacancies / What Can I Do With A B.agric Cert. In Soil Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.